Page 66 of 90 « First<6465666768>Last »
Topic Options
#60348 - 10/21/11 10:40 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Zach_Black]
ta2zz Offline
veteran member

Loc: Connecticut
 Originally Posted By: blackzach
 Originally Posted By: dark_wind
If you're reading this, you're probably a Satanist. But do you admit it? Does your family know? How about your friends? Or maybe you're the sort of person who wears a giant pentagram on their shirt for the world to see. You could say I'm in the closet, as nobody knows of my religion. I'm wondering, how do you think people would react if I told them?

If you are worried about what your peers and family would think , probably best not to tell them. I find a ' need to know ' policy works best for me. Openly advertising on the streets or in real life can be like putting a target on your forehead. Hard to predict the reactions of neurotic individuals who entertain fantasies ( and nightmares) of imaginary friends and Hollywood fluff.

Good advice but Opie or the OP hasn't spent but 45 days here and that was well over three years ago. I wouldn't expect much in way of a reply.

Perhaps he told his family and has been sent off to a christian school?

~T~

#60350 - 10/22/11 01:59 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: ta2zz]
Zach_Black Offline

Loc: San Diego, California
Oh I see. I guess he figured it out for himself. My favorite advice on youtube when I come across this question is usually this.

Wait till a special holiday like Thanksgiving or Christmas . Wait till everyone is saying grace and walk up to with a Satanic Bible and slap it on the table. Grab the carving knife and stab the turkey over and over and scream out loud " I am a Satanist! I am the highest embodiment of human life ! " .

#60419 - 10/25/11 03:29 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: dark_wind]
Ronwe Offline
Banned
lurker

well, i wear the Satanism cross as a wrist band.

so everyone at my school thinks i worship satan.

got a real bad rep.

xo

User has been banned for shitting all over the board with this sort of nonsense.

Edited by Nemesis (10/25/11 11:45 AM)

#60425 - 10/25/11 10:20 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Ronwe]
Alex Crowley Offline

Loc: Johannesburg, South Africa
 Originally Posted By: blackzach
Wait till a special holiday like Thanksgiving or Christmas . Wait till everyone is saying grace and walk up to with a Satanic Bible and slap it on the table. Grab the carving knife and stab the turkey over and over and scream out loud " I am a Satanist! I am the highest embodiment of human life ! " .

I'll keep that idea in mind... At the moment I'm pretty open about it. More than I was a while back. Maybe the company I keep is just generally open-minded so Satanism doesn't come as a big shock to them.

Originally Posted By: Ronwe
well, i wear the Satanism cross as a wrist band.

so everyone at my school thinks i worship satan.

got a real bad rep.

xo

Right. None of your posts say anything useful. You're probably some bored teenage troll. Go troll somewhere else.

#61111 - 11/04/11 10:56 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: dark_wind]
voxintus Offline
stranger

Loc: northern california
People are too close minded and scared to know that people could be Satanists. Besides, it gives them a way to try and minimize the value of anything you do or say because you're a "Satanist". If you're dealing with degenerates then it doesn't matter, but when dealing with people that can give you problems there's no point in proclaiming your philosophy. Thats it

#61121 - 11/05/11 04:08 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: voxintus]
Vondraco Offline
stranger

Loc: Houston, TX
 Originally Posted By: voxintus
If you're dealing with degenerates then it doesn't matter, but when dealing with people that can give you problems there's no point in proclaiming your philosophy. Thats it

You're right, there's no point ... but it's fun! "People who can give you problems." I am an adult, there are no people who can give Me problems on this. I have been an open Satanist in the workplace for years and survived because I did My job DAMN WELL. I am an open Satanist in My social life and don't get much crap for it even though I live in Texas.

#61128 - 11/05/11 01:21 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Vondraco]
Grayson96 Offline
stranger

Loc: Heywood, England
I work in a place heavily populated with muslims (in name only in most cases) and a spattering of xtians with a sprinkling of jehovahs witnesses. I'm on talking terms wi most people, and with religion playing such a big part of some of their lives, its a topic that can be brought up frequently.

I've found the best way for me to introduce my beliefs, is not to come right out and say 'I'm a Satanist.' This isn't because of any type of shame on my part, and I get no real pleasure from the shock value of the mention of Satan. I simply explain my beliefs, the reasons I don't believe in God/Gods/Fairies or any other mythical being and then listen to their recycled garbage about their holy book blah blah blah. I've never tried converting anyone, never tried to dissuade them from the 'free will' decision they made to follow their religion. I simply tell them what I believe. I ask what being a Satanist would mean to them. I then explain that there are different types of Satanism, and what my beliefs are. It hasn't gone down to well, some have stopped talking to me some are a little more open minded and will listen, although I doubt its comprehensively understood. I don't find it affects my work, or my social standing in the workplace.

My family, don't understand. My wife doesn't really care ha. My brothers and sisters don't ask, neither does my mum. My kids can make their own decisions when they grow up.

I've made the decisions that suit me and its worked out. But then, it works out because I make it happen.

#61389 - 11/14/11 01:17 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: dark_wind]
ClayMan Offline
stranger

I'm public. But not the "Ooo look at me" public. I dress normal and I don't have any tattoos or piercings. I work at a place that requires I wear a suit but the tie is optional so in its place I often wear a upside down cross. Not many notice but when they do they tend to look at it confused and say something along the lines of "Sir I think you accidentally hooked your cross on upside down." Yes some people are that stupid. I simply reply no I didn't and walk away. If they pressure me to explain myself I won't hesitate to tell them I'm a Satanist and leave it at that. But if they keep it up I tend to get pissed off and yell at them to f**k off.
#61399 - 11/14/11 07:19 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: ClayMan]
SatansPath666 Offline
stranger

Originally Posted By: ClayMan
I'm public. But not the "Ooo look at me" public. I dress normal and I don't have any tattoos or piercings. I work at a place that requires I wear a suit but the tie is optional so in its place I often wear a upside down cross. Not many notice but when they do they tend to look at it confused and say something along the lines of "Sir I think you accidentally hooked your cross on upside down." Yes some people are that stupid. I simply reply no I didn't and walk away. If they pressure me to explain myself I won't hesitate to tell them I'm a Satanist and leave it at that. But if they keep it up I tend to get pissed off and yell at them to f**k off.

Why do you put an "Ooo look at me" reference to people who dress dark and creatively? Maybe it has nothing to do with "Ooo look at me" and more with "I like the way this looks".

Aesthetics are personal. I assume your normal dress refers to what, blue sweater and khakis? I think that looks like shit and I wouldn't be caught dead wearing it. Or maybe you wear jeans a green t-shirt with a beer logo on it - that's normal right? BORING. Claiming to dress normal is a strange thing, and relating tattoos and piercings to something other than normal is way off - they are the norm these days.

I have tattoos and piercings, and I wear black. I don't consider myself abnormal, I'm just a guy who digs badass boots. I don't do it so people will look at me, I do it because I love the style, the bonus is that if people are going to look at me they will know right away if I'm their type of person. This way I don't have to deal with as many idiots.

#61404 - 11/15/11 10:00 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: ClayMan]
William Wright Offline

Loc: Nashville
ClayMan, wearing an upside cross, a Pentagram or any other Satanic garb at work doesn't seem too bright to me (unless youíre a rock star). Why pick unnecessary fights and alienate yourself at the same place where you get paid? There may be laws against you getting fired on the spot, but the resentment from your boss and coworkers will undoubtedly manifest itself negatively toward you. Getting pissed off at those who challenge you and yelling at them to fuck off is pretty much like begging to get fired.

I'm just hard-pressed to see the positives in advertising yourself as a Satanist at work, especially when compared to how badly things could go wrong.

#61405 - 11/15/11 10:28 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: SatansPath666]
FemaleSatan Offline

Loc: The Dirty South
SatansPath, while I can see your point, people judge others based on how they look. That includes the way someone dresses.

I've never really understood why people tie their self identity and self expression to clothing. I see clothing more as a tool to manipulate others and blend in to social situations.

#61415 - 11/15/11 06:56 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: FemaleSatan]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

That's indeed how it is FS. Evolution made the "first impression" quite important to us and upon that we instantly judge. While we no longer constantly need to identify friend or foe, the habit sticks.

And this is something one simply has to accept even when first impressions are not always correct.

The way I look has advantages but comes not without disadvantages, that's how it is, and as long as the first outweighs the other, there is no need to change but once it is otherwise, it might be wise to just do that.

I can understand why people prefer satanic imagery but I never understood the need to visually advertise it since nothing one wears makes them more satanic than that he does.

D.

#61418 - 11/15/11 09:26 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Diavolo]
LeftHandonFeet Offline

When I look in my wardrobe, I dress how I feel- and when I'm in public, I feel how I'm dressed.
There is are numerous purposes to the art of dressing- you can reflect your inner thoughts and feelings, or as FS said use clothing as a tool to maniuplate. You may even dress to send signals. Every situation and event is different.
Seriously, to each his own. The art of dressing is very multi faceted and actually fun to experiment with.
I do not feel that someone dressing a certain way makes them more or less of a Satanist. Dressing in all black does not make you weaker or stronger, nor is it a sign of weakness. Satanism does not have a dress code so lets not make the Dark Lords fashion show out to be a mockery. The greats of Anton and Karla LaVey, Michael Aquino and others do dress obscure and this is true, it garners attention. Do you really suppose they pretend to be as Left Handed as they make themselves out to be? What degree of Witch or Warlock do you have to be to wear a certain percentage black? I mean come on people, get real!

#61423 - 11/16/11 01:01 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: LeftHandonFeet]
Octavian Offline
pledge

Clothing is a sign, thatís a large part of it. The below book is an oldie, but a real goodie. It is a bit of a challenge, but well worth it. Good place to start.

http://www.amazon.com/Fashion-System-Rol...21422497&sr=1-1

Not only is clothing a useful tool for building your image along classic LaVeyan lesser magical lines i.e. CTL via sex, and/or sentiment and/or wonder; but with an understanding of the science of signs behind fashion and images you can expand and operate that tool in a wider number of ways.

I like darker clothing, as I feel more comfortable in it.

#61428 - 11/16/11 07:43 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Octavian]
PrinceOfBabalon Offline
stranger

Loc: London
Image is important.

In my case, not for the effect it has on others (excepting magical workings a la Octavian's post) but because, even if I'm in the house on my own, I derive pleasure and even meaning from looking good.

For that I draw inspiration from a variety of places including the Romantics, Old Hollywood and European fashion houses amongst other areas. I wear a great deal of black but also white and darker shades of blue both feature quite frequently. Waistcoats, cuff links, cravats, sashes and tailored jackets are sometimes used although I think that subtly and elegance should always be aimed for rather than looking like one has just walked off the set of a costume drama.

As for telling people about my Satanism; rarely. If I'm involved in a conversation about religion then, depending on whether there would be a reason to tell others, I would use Satanism as descriptive of what I'm about. Aside from specific instances, I act in accordance with my soul and my principles, thus I act as a Satanist. I see little to be derived from having a bumper sticker that advertises it.

Page 66 of 90 « First<6465666768>Last »

Moderator:  SkaffenAmtiskaw, fakepropht, TV is God, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.042 seconds of which 0.016 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.