Page 2 of 8 <12345>Last »
Topic Options
#17684 - 01/06/09 03:11 AM Re: Homeless [Re: 6Satan6Archist6]
blsk Offline

Loc: salem or
(So let me get this straight. You think homeless people should be cut off from money, food, clothing, shelter etc. because they are not entitled to it? Please, tell me, why are they not entitled to it? Is it because they don’t already have it?)

-Cut off from handouts. They should not get what they do no earn for themselves. And no, spanging is not earning. Satans sake I thought that was pretty self-explanatory.

(There are some people that are just too lazy to work, there are some that are incapable of working. I myself spent a good year riding freight trains around, doing the hobo thing. I tried to find day labor when I could so.......)

-...and so on and so forth. High five for you! Yah, peoples conditions suck. Boo fuckin' hoo. If life is so bad they can go jump off a fuckin' bridge. Quit hassling me everytime I walk out of a building. And the whole having a kid sitting with you thing doesn't work either. I'm not going to train children to beg, as fun as I could make that. Are you done?

#17686 - 01/06/09 03:27 AM Re: Homeless [Re: daevid777]
daevid777 Offline

Loc: Hell's Pisshole, Texas
Otherwise, one of my students was homeless for a while... he landed a home... I don't know exactly what kind of a place, a "public restroom" kinda place, and he made it back into going to a trade/business school... enter me.

I gave him rides home almost everyday, he rode the bus to "school" everyday, early as hell... I wanted to ask, but I figured he would have told me if he wanted me to know "his story". He was, in fact, about 100 - 150 pounds easy over me, so I didn't push. He turned out to be one of my best students, wiser, and technically better than most others... he got a job where I sent him on his "externship" ("internship" if you'd like), but it was temporary, seasonal... he was the best, and I wish him the best. I'd like to think he's doing much better, as I don't know why he was "homeless" to begin with...

He certainly didn't fit "my mold" of what a homeless character was "supposed to be". He'd most probably have my back if I ever walked too far into downtown...

#17689 - 01/06/09 03:43 AM Re: Homeless [Re: Butterz]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

I'd give a serious answer to this if it wasn't coming from the dude that upholds slacking as a virtue. I prefer homeless above you any time.

D.

#17690 - 01/06/09 03:56 AM Re: Homeless [Re: Diavolo]
Butterz Offline
pledge

Loc: Georgia
I thought pointless posts were frowned upon here. There is a shit ton of hard talk here and not very much follow through. All this bullshit talk about being superior intellectuals and 3 out of 4 posts are "members" posting one liners saying "if you believe that you're an idiot" or "if you don't think exactly like I do than you can't be a satanist". What is the fucking point in coming to a forum if you don't want to discuss issues and such? If all you want to do is diss people just go to fucking myspace or something.
#17691 - 01/06/09 04:12 AM Re: Homeless [Re: Butterz]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

Are you an idiot or what trailer-boy? Don't answer, I know.

Your posts are below average and of all the shit you contributed, nothing this far gives even the suggestion you are not a worthless piece of shit. Go through your fucking posts and then wonder what the fuck one should think if he reads this stupid "homeless" post from you?

D.

#17694 - 01/06/09 07:30 AM Re: Homeless [Re: daevid777]
Picunnus Offline

Loc: Ohio, USA
I've been homeless. I did have a car, though. You don't have to be a moron or on crack - you just have to make a couple of really dumb choices. It's not that big a deal. If you ever find yourself needing a bathroom, a place to relax, and free internet to look for a solution - go to the library. With internet, you can get out of being homeless in about an hour.

and, oh, yeah - some people really, honestly, truly, choose homelessness as a lifestyle. It can be much more fun than you would think!

#17697 - 01/06/09 09:48 AM Re: Homeless [Re: Picunnus]
ceruleansteel Offline

Loc: Behind you
 Originally Posted By: Picunnus
some people really, honestly, truly, choose homelessness as a lifestyle. It can be much more fun than you would think!

You must have had a way different version of homeless than I did. I was homeless for a few months about ten years ago and I thought it sucked ass. I'd take offense to your comment on behalf of everyone who is "for real" homeless, but I doubt it would do any good, seeing as you think it's so much fuckin' fun and all...yeah, it FUCKIN' ROCKS to have to be looked at like you are a maggot and wonder where your next meal is coming from and how you're going to take a shower and whether or not you're still going to be homeless when the temperature is negative eight. That's a freakin' BLAST!

(To Butterz)

okay, you want a solution? Get yourself involved. Instead of looking around for someone else to solve your problem, get your ass out there and talk to them. Find out what their story is and when you find a place where you can be of assistance, ASSIST. If they are so annoying and such a blight, then do something to fix it.

Around here, our homeless "problem" is escalating because it's a factory town and our factories are going to Meh-xico. In the last couple of years THOUSANDS have found themselves suddenly jobless. Some have been able to go back to college and retrain, but some of these cats are simply too old for it. Dudes who start working factories at age 15 and are still there busting ass 50 years later cannot always find something to fall back on.

And this part of the country (which is the same part that you live in, B) is notorious when it comes to education. Fifty years ago, a man didn't have to know how to read or write because as long as he could work, he was golden. And most men started working around age 14 or so, letting their education go by the wayside. My Grandfather got his first job at 12 to support his mother and siblings after his father either died or left, was barely literate, and still amassed a nice little estate to pass on to my Grandma. The plant he retired from - which was paying him about 25 dollars an hour when he turned in his gloves - barely exists now. They've laid off over half the crews and cut work by almost two shifts. Long story short, if my Grandfather would have been laid off, he'd have died. There is no way in hell that he could have ever retrained. His clock number was 103. He had been there since they opened the doors and retired at almost 80 and he knew nothing else.

If you think they are such a freakin' blemish on society, get off your ass and do something to change it. Trot down to the bridge with a plate full of sandwiches and find out what they have to say. You may find that they are "deficient", that's true, but you may also find that some of them are hard-luck and just need someone to give them a freakin' leg-up for a minute so they can get back on their feet.

And if you think they are full of shit and just too lazy or something, well at least you can say you were there and you can say that you did SOMETHING. As it stands, you don't even qualify to have an opinion on the subject.

#17701 - 01/06/09 11:13 AM Re: Homeless [Re: blsk]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

"Cut off from handouts. They should not get what they do no earn for themselves. And no, spanging is not earning. Satans sake I thought that was pretty self-explanatory."

Did I say spanging was earning? No, thats is right, I didn't. You still fail to explain why it should be illegal for people to give them money if they should so choose to do so.

"-...and so on and so forth. High five for you! Yah, peoples conditions suck. Boo fuckin' hoo. If life is so bad they can go jump off a fuckin' bridge."

Keep your damn high five to yourself, I wasn't asking for one. Not everyone kills themself because times get hard. If you are tired of being hassled everytime you walk out of a building maybe you should jump off that same brigde. It sounds to me like you are complaining about how bad your life if.

"And the whole having a kid sitting with you thing doesn't work either. I'm not going to train children to beg, as fun as I could make that."

Where is that coming from?

"Are you done?"

I suppose I am, for now, but you are still a dumb ass!
-----------------------------------------------------------------
"some people really, honestly, truly, choose homelessness as a lifestyle. It can be much more fun than you would think!"

That is very true Pic. I met alot of them in my travels. As much as it sucked getting camping tickets in Golden Gate Park and other places I did still have quite a bit of fun.

Edited by 6Satan6Archist6 (01/06/09 11:31 AM)
Edit Reason: Responding to Piccunus

#17706 - 01/06/09 08:17 PM Re: Homeless [Re: ceruleansteel]
Picunnus Offline

Loc: Ohio, USA
No one ever made me feel like a maggot - and I did have fun, and I was homeless for over a year. Maybe you're just not as resourceful as I am. It CAN be fun to wonder where your next meal is coming from - but only if you're good at procuring your next meal.

#17707 - 01/06/09 08:38 PM Re: Homeless [Re: Picunnus]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Loc: Vancouver, Canada
I don't give a fuck about the homeless. If someone does care, good for them. Let them care enough to do something.

The only point at which I start to care is when I think of all my 'tax dollars' that goes to pay for druggies drugs, and alkys booze. If they abolished welfare I don't think I'd ever give it another thought.

At least up until the point if effected me personally, at which point I would FUCKING DEAL WITH IT.

#17714 - 01/06/09 09:44 PM Re: Homeless [Re: Butterz]
Nemesis Offline

Loc: US
Personally, there are distinctions between the kinds of homeless people I see.

There are the ones that we've discussed, the mentally handicapped, the crazies, the ones who can't afford meds or don't even realize that they need them.

Then there are the ones that--like FP is in danger of becoming--phased out of their homes because of getting the bad luck of the draw and a pink slip to wipe their ass with when the tp runs out.

Then there are the ones who made a few bad decisions, because they didn't have the smarts to last in the real world for long after moving out of the 'rents place. They drink themselves to sleep every night, and hassle you for change at the 7/11. They kinda like getting the free food, clothing and shelter from the charities, because their basic needs are being taken care of, and everything else is just gravy. I object to coddling them, as we are wont to do in my neck of the woods, by setting apart public property for them to erect donated tents upon, creating an eyesore in the middle of downtown. Bums chase away customers.

Now, I'm all in favor of donating to programs that take care of homeless groups #1 and #2. However, the crazies and handicapps should be taken care of by private charities (usually funded by churches) and the ones who've been shat on by the economic crash should be buoyed by public funds. Because it's not THEIR fault they're SOL, just like in FP's situation. The goverment created this mess we're in, and funds to support group #2 should come from taxes.

That is my take, at any rate.

#17716 - 01/06/09 09:55 PM Re: Homeless [Re: Dan_Dread]
Mike Offline

Loc: Farmingdale, NY
 Quote:
The only point at which I start to care is when I think of all my 'tax dollars' that goes to pay for druggies drugs, and alkys booze. If they abolished welfare I don't think I'd ever give it another thought.

Well first off, not all homeless people are on drugs...And I agree, we shouldn't have to care about the homeless. They can worry about themselves without us having to add more stress to our lives worrying about the needy. And they should be trying to help themselves instead of relying on others also. However, every time I see those commercials on TV about the starving children in 3rd world countries I do feel bad to some degree. However, this is only because they can't get out of their situation, unlike the homeless on welfare who can try to find a job and a place to sleep. Although you do bring up a good point when you said you would "FUCKING DEAL WITH IT". Perhaps the ones who's lifes will never change should learn to deal with it. But if there's a chance for them to somehow get our of their situation, whether it be people's donations or welfare checks, I think they should go through with it..I'm sure they don't care that they're using your tax dollars.

#17720 - 01/06/09 10:08 PM Re: Homeless [Re: Mike]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Loc: Vancouver, Canada
 Quote:

Well first off, not all homeless people are on drugs

Well thanks for pointing that out, captain obvious!

Think about this a second. Not all dogs are pitbulls, but all pitbulls are dogs.

Of course, not ALL hopeless druggies are on welfare, but the fact that they are unemployable means that the overwhelming majority are.

Honestly I don't want to be forced to pay for anyone else, regardless if they have a home or not. Taxes are theft. Welfare is theft.

#17722 - 01/06/09 10:16 PM Re: Homeless [Re: Mike]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

“I agree, we shouldn't have to care about the homeless.”

We don’t have to care about the homeless. If you feel obligated to “care” about the homeless you are the one putting that burden on yourself.

“They can worry about themselves without us having to add more stress to our lives worrying about the needy.”

If worrying about the needy adds stress to your life; don’t do it, or do something to alleviate that worry.

“ And they should be trying to help themselves instead of relying on others also.”

Self reliance is an important quality for everyone to learn. No one likes a freeloader.

“whether it be people's donations or welfare checks, I think they should go through with it..I'm sure they don't care that they're using your tax dollars.”

I personally feel that drug testing should be mandatory for all people who receive welfare. Many of us have to pass drug tests in order to get the job that earns the money that pays into the welfare system. It only seems fitting that the ones benefiting from it should have to do the same.

#17727 - 01/06/09 11:02 PM Re: Homeless [Re: 6Satan6Archist6]
ceruleansteel Offline

Loc: Behind you
 Originally Posted By: 6Satan6Archist6
I personally feel that drug testing should be mandatory for all people who receive welfare. Many of us have to pass drug tests in order to get the job that earns the money that pays into the welfare system. It only seems fitting that the ones benefiting from it should have to do the same.

Now THAT is a good idea. If an honest man cannot earn an honest wage without a drug test, people getting money for free should have to do it as well.

But who's gonna pay for that?

Page 2 of 8 <12345>Last »

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.027 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.