Page 5 of 8 « First<34567>Last »
Topic Options
#18009 - 01/11/09 09:46 PM Re: Homeless [Re: Dan_Dread]
Butterz Offline
pledge

Loc: Georgia
Regardless of why they are homeless, the arresting has begun. So anybody who pays taxes here, or shops locally, is paying to incarcerate the homeless. Even though it will only be a night or two in the slammer. Most likely they will return to be homeless and get arrested again. The cops will be exceeding their arrest quota and there will be less homeless beggars on the street at a time. I guess everyone wins.It's "inhumane" to let them die and unreasonable to help them. It seems the same people who didn't want them under the bridge don't mind a tax increase to feed these people. I guess when the jail is filled with all the homeless we will just let the criminals go.
#18063 - 01/13/09 12:24 AM Re: Homeless [Re: Butterz]
Fist Moderator Offline
veteran member

Loc: B'mo Cautious MF
Actually, the shit you pay taxes for is shocking.

One time, at band camp, I fired a $10,000 missile at something just to watch it die...

The total cost of Obama's one day coronation will cost several million dollars when all is said and done. And I am suppose to be concerned because some hobo might get an extra PBJ in lock up?

#18064 - 01/13/09 12:33 AM Re: Homeless [Re: Fist]
Butterz Offline
pledge

Loc: Georgia
Agreed. Tax dollars are wasted everywhere it seems. Every dollar spent on something pointless is a slap in the face from good ol' uncle sam.
#18107 - 01/13/09 12:40 PM Re: Homeless [Re: Fist]
Woland Moderator Offline
Seasoned

Loc: Oslo, Norway
Thank you. Fist.

A voice of reason in the wilderness!

Woland

Contra Mundum!

#18110 - 01/13/09 01:18 PM Re: Homeless [Re: Fist]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

Sorry for the one-liner but I have to ask it out of curiosity...
How was it like? And on what did you shoot?

#18119 - 01/13/09 04:19 PM Re: Homeless [Re: Dimitri]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Loc: Vancouver, Canada
I am less ired by how my stolen money is spent than the fact it was stolen to begin with. Even worse, people get upset when you refer to it as theft. Our whole society suffers from Stockholm syndrome.

#18121 - 01/13/09 05:20 PM Re: Homeless [Re: Dan_Dread]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

But Dan, if you say OUR society, aren't you suffering Stockholm yourself? ;\)

Been in ze army for close to 6 years or so, protecting the West against the Russians. Popped mighty much ammunition into nothing at all and boy, did I love that.

D.

#18122 - 01/13/09 07:08 PM Re: Homeless [Re: Diavolo]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Quote:

But Dan, if you say OUR society, aren't you suffering Stockholm yourself? ;\)

Hah. I guess that could be true. I wouldn't say I sympathize with the criminal gang that we are supposed to recognize as our legitimate masters, though. Also I wouldn't say that 'they' are really part of society..rather a parasite that drains blood from it.

But I am taking an active part in reclaiming it, as even you are \:\)

#18149 - 01/14/09 03:58 AM Re: Homeless [Re: Dan_Dread]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

Oh but I'm not reclaiming it.

I don't think our leadership is wrong, it's just that the whole fucking society is a mess. Our masters are the right people for such a society.
Compare it with a car that is built by carpenters. The thing totters across the road and many think that if they only would get a new steering wheel, things will be ok. I think you should get a big sledgehammer and obliterate the car. Maybe you'll have to walk for a while after that, maybe the next will be build by painters, very maybe by mechanics but no matter what, destroying the current car is the only option if you don't like how it totters.

That's why, in reality, I'm not too bothered about politicians. Since a couple of years, I apply my 'principle of most harm' when voting. Whatever fucks things most gets my vote. It seriously all doesn't matter. Voting for improvement is gambling on hope, voting for degeneration is a guarantee.

I'm also not too bothered about homeless. I know their stories pretty well and even when I don't deal in compassion, many of them can't be described else but tragic. I find it humorous that some won't give them cash because they will use it for booze, as if a working man spending his cash on booze gets more credit than a homeless. Why?
Ever considered the idea that the homeless might be the ones living in reality and that we, in our sheltered hyper-realities, might not even have a clue what goes really on? To a degree I even have respect for some of them. You need to be a tough motherfucker to be able to live on the streets for years. It's not unlike living like we did in the past; food, shelter and survival as a priority in life. We already find it an accomplishment if we go to the gym for an hour or so a week. We're really suffering there, getting the man out.

D.

#18178 - 01/14/09 02:28 PM Re: Homeless [Re: Diavolo]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Quote:

Oh but I'm not reclaiming it.

Oh?

Originally Posted By: Some guy that looks a LOT like Diavolo, some months ago,

Oh, and the stop paying your taxes argument; wrong guy to use that argument against; I quit paying income taxes some years ago. ;\)

You are indeed doing your part to starve the beast.

#18180 - 01/14/09 02:39 PM Re: Homeless [Re: Dan_Dread]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

But it's not because I don't pay taxes that I'm starving the beast. Unless I put all my cash in a sock and keep it there.

D.

#18181 - 01/14/09 02:41 PM Re: Homeless [Re: Diavolo]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Well paying your taxes is feeding it. Not paying is ?

Participating in the economy and giving cash directly to the criminal gang are separate things. The first is good for society, and by proxy, good for you. The second, not so much \:\)

#18184 - 01/14/09 02:47 PM Re: Homeless [Re: Dan_Dread]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

So you know who starves the beast most? The homeless. They don't work, don't pay taxes, don't consume and only drain cash. In fact, they could be regarded as the only true anarchists in the system.

D.

#18185 - 01/14/09 03:03 PM Re: Homeless [Re: Diavolo]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Way to steer her back on topic chief!

Although what you say about them no contributing to the problem of 'government' is true, they indirectly participate by assisting in keeping the welfare system alive. I shouldn't have to explain why that is desirable(to the agents of the state) to have multi generational poor people dependent on the system.

Ideally, the anarchist should both be able to stay afloat financially by his own hand, as well as not giving the 'devil' what he thinks he is due.

You already don't pay taxes. I don't know whether or not you support black/gray unregulated markets or not, but I suspect you would based on what I know of you. That's already 2 out of three. If you stop voting, you are essentially ALREADY an anarchist \:\)

#18187 - 01/14/09 03:26 PM Re: Homeless [Re: Dan_Dread]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

Quote:
If you stop voting, you are essentially ALREADY an anarchist;

No need to insult me mate. ;\)

Actually the homeless are more powerful than they realize. In a system, those that have it all and those that have nothing are in reality the most powerful forces. The fact that they support the system by being dependent upon it is not that valid if you compare it to the productive part that is hugely dependent upon the system. Do you know people with credit or home-loan debt that feel inclined to get upon the barricades for anything? Debt is the ultimate control tool. No matter if there are death squads or if your government becomes tyrannical, ff you got debt, your only concern is gather cash to make sure they don't take your stuff away. One is what one owns. Even if you start a small business, it is so perfectly constructed that to make more cash, or to pay less taxes, you have to get loans and invest, resulting in enslaving yourself more and more.

I know the black market yeah, hell I'm a Belgian, we practically invented that shit. I don't buy that much stuff any longer, I never was that big into possessions but if I need something expensive, I find it through the mazes in the system, dodging taxes upon it and mostly making a good deal because half of that shit did disappear in some factory. I know, hell awaits me.

But I'll keep voting. I sure will.

D.

Page 5 of 8 « First<34567>Last »

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.027 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.