Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#17760 - 01/07/09 02:06 AM Moment of Death
Jake999 Offline

I just watched Moment of Death on the National Geographics Channel, and as usual, they did a good job of covering various aspects of death, its processes and then went on to conclude with NDE (Near Death Experiences.) It's an hour worth watching.

#17763 - 01/07/09 03:31 AM Re: Moment of Death [Re: Jake999]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

I think I saw that one too.
Wasn't it the one how they explained that the "tunnel of light" with a NDE is actually your brain lacking oxygen?

Anyway, I had NDE once, it's a freaky experience to undergo. Whatever some people dare to claim I wasn't having a "good time" when seeing the light. I could bloody well still feel the pain my body underwent when I was still conscious. And the most scaring part was I was still paralysed.

#17764 - 01/07/09 03:43 AM Re: Moment of Death [Re: Dimitri]
Jake999 Offline

That was the one.

I was having blood drawn once and I passed out for some reason... might have been part of the Malaria... but I saw the light and was passing through the tunnel and heard the "rasping noises" some people associate with an NDE, but I was just unconscious for a couple of seconds before the medics woke me.

Just another "interesting" thing I can't explain at present.

#17767 - 01/07/09 04:04 AM Re: Moment of Death [Re: Jake999]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

Maybe they quickly removed a kidney? Ye never know. That might rasp.

I was close to dying at the age of twelve. Toss a coin and see what lands up, that was about my chance to survive. Cut my throat inside, rather weird and proving that tic-tacs can be lethal weapons. Anyways, I didn't notice until blood started to pile up in my stomach and I could do the Gene Simmons stage act before I even heard of it. By the time the doc finally realized it might be a good idea to take me to a hospital, I did my act several times and on the road there went into shock. Severe blood loss and a system cracking down due to that.
You know what? No fucking NDE and I sure was a nice kid, didn't kill anything and didn't even try to get into ladies pants, well not physically anyways. You wonder why I didn't deserve no angelic music and bright shiny lights.
My life is so boring.

D.

#17776 - 01/07/09 07:02 AM Re: Moment of Death [Re: Jake999]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

Originally Posted By: Jake999
That was the one.

I was having blood drawn once and I passed out for some reason... might have been part of the Malaria... but I saw the light and was passing through the tunnel and heard the "rasping noises" some people associate with an NDE, but I was just unconscious for a couple of seconds before the medics woke me.

Just another "interesting" thing I can't explain at present.

Hmmm, maybe I can help with that part..
Your blood transfers oxygen to the entire body. I think when they draw blood from you (combined with you having malaria) you suddenly had a lack of oxygen to operate/function "normally". Which caused you to pass-out and have the tunnel view. Also, some factors like temperature can have an impact. About the rasping noise.. when some of our sences are "offline" others will try to compensate them. Thus I presume your hearing improved and you actually heard something natural like.. don't know your breath perhaps? Or the blood being drawn from you?

When I had mine I was lacking oxygen due an allergic reaction I had from medication I had to take because a food intoxication. The reaction paralysed my entire body and I was actually chocking slowly for half an hour. And whithin this time that light thingie occured.

Edited by Dimitri (01/07/09 07:06 AM)

#17813 - 01/08/09 05:22 AM Re: Moment of Death [Re: Dimitri]
ceruleansteel Offline

Loc: Behind you
I definitely think it has to do with the lack of oxygen. I almost drowned when I was about 15. Believe it or not, it was the fault of a 5 year old...anyway, something unnerving happened to me and then I had my OTHER freaky experience (still in the water).

The kid had latched onto me in such a way that I could not move my arms and she was facing my face. I was seriously losing the fight and had inhaled loads of water...the last thing I did before I...whatever happened to me...was start headbutting her and biting her face in an effort to get her to let go of me. I call this unnerving because I would never in my wildest dreams imagine that I would purposely seek to harm a child at all and I was biting her so hard that she had scars on her face from it. But a switch had been flipped and it seems my reptile brain took over.

Then I was simply not there anymore. Everything in reality ceased to be and I did the whole life-before-your-eyes thing and everything went white. Next thing I knew, I was coming to on the other side of the creek (mind you, now, it was an insanely deep and large creek, a true Arkansas creek if ever there was one). Her brother was there and he was tending to her wounds and giving me what I considered a pretty harsh look seeing as she almost killed me, and a friend of mine was rolling me out of my own vomit. Pretty, I know.

They said I was pretty fuckin' brutal, though, before going under for the last time. I barely remember attacking her, just feeling shocked because there was a part of me freaking out about what I was doing to her, but the part in charge was screaming "fuck her! let her die!"...

Anyway, I didn't get a hallway or anything, I just got my little movie and then the full white screen.

#17815 - 01/08/09 05:49 AM Re: Moment of Death [Re: ceruleansteel]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

Quote:
Anyway, I didn't get a hallway or anything, I just got my little movie and then the full white screen.

Hmmm... maybe something to do with the bloodpressure on your eyes combined with lack of oxygen.

I hope your vacation or day-off wasn't that whole fucked-up..

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  TV is God, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Woland, fakepropht, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.019 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 20 queries. Zlib compression disabled.