Page 7 of 8 « First<45678>
Topic Options
#18997 - 01/26/09 04:56 PM Re: 2012 [Re: H.setesh]
ceruleansteel Offline

Loc: Behind you
 Originally Posted By: H.setesh
 Originally Posted By: Dimitri
Stupid remark, how do you know they couldn't? That's just an assumption.
And I'm no nigga thank you very much.

Show me evidence that The Vikinger sailed to Mesoamerica and bequeathed knowledge of the stars and stonemasonry to The Maya and Olmec a thousand years prior to The Vikinger ever entered the world stage. Your argument is flawed and I can only surmise that you're delusional if you believe it.

Here's your proof.

If vikings could make it to Oklahoma long enough to scribble "november 11, 1012" into a rock, I doubt Mexico was much trouble SINCE THEY PASSED RIGHT BY IT. And go ahead and dig up all the other links you can find regarding the runes in America. They also left writings in Minnesota.

Now can we end this stupidity?

Edited by ceruleansteel (01/26/09 04:59 PM)
Edit Reason: had to end on an insult...it's my way.

#19009 - 01/26/09 07:45 PM Re: 2012 [Re: ceruleansteel]
The Zebu Offline

Loc: Orlando, FL
I'm going to have to butt in and say that the story has a heavy scent of bullshit hanging around it. Give us academically-backed proof please, rather than some quasi-legit story.

It really doesn't matter anyway. Bottom line is, the Mayan people could tell what time it was by the stars because they were too stupid to make atomic clocks.

Happy now?

#19014 - 01/26/09 08:23 PM Re: 2012 [Re: The Zebu]
ceruleansteel Offline

Loc: Behind you
Runes

Runes

Runes

google "Heavener Runes"

I can do this all day....

#19021 - 01/26/09 08:58 PM Re: 2012 [Re: Diavolo]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

Loc: New York City
Re: Diavolo

"At what point did the attitude change from adoring the accomplishments of a nation or a conqueror to adoring the victim and the conquered?"

I think this started after world war 2 in a kinda fucked up way. Germany was blamed for everything, and at this point, their own history is still against the law to talk about or have out in public.

In Vietnam, we (the us soldiers) were called baby killers, and etc. Everything we did over there was wrong to a lot of people, no matter what the reasons were.

1960's forward in the USA, Everything culturally "white" is bad, and only works to keep minories down. That thought is so preverant, and is used as an excuse for certain people not to try to better their situation.

Those cultures that fell by the wayside, fell for a reason. They were weaker in some way to a better opponite.

As for 2012, who gives a shit. The worlds' not ending, and its gonna be just another day. I'm only gonna be concerned if we have that thing (whatever the fuck the xians call it) where people get sucked up to heaven without their clothes on en mass.
I figure maybe 50 people will disappear if that many.
;\)

Morgan

#19072 - 01/27/09 02:35 AM Re: 2012 [Re: ceruleansteel]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

Thanks for the back-up steel.
I only didn't search for the evidences since I noticed this guy wouldn't stop whining about his research. Better to leave people ignorant if they have a huge ego.

@morgan.
Your brief summary of human history the last decades really shows we aren't that "far-advanced" as we would like to believe.
Still a long way to go before we can say we are civilized.

Edited by Dimitri (01/27/09 02:39 AM)

#19080 - 01/27/09 02:53 AM Re: 2012 [Re: Bacchae]
fakepropht Moderator Offline
Big Slick

Loc: Texas
Proof that Vikings invented time and ruled the ancient world.....

#19082 - 01/27/09 02:58 AM Re: 2012 [Re: fakepropht]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

LMFAO! Is anyone else as annoyed by Flava Flav as I am? To the point where anytime you see him or hear about him you want to break something! YEAH BOOOOOOOOOOOOY

#19088 - 01/27/09 03:44 AM Re: 2012 [Re: Dimitri]
daevid777 Offline

Loc: Hell's Pisshole, Texas
As much as I have newfound admiration for CeruleanSteel, and as much love for all things "Norse"...

I will retreat back to my "other brothers" of the brown path...

So I've started reading this book, aptly entitled "2012", by Whitley Strieber, the crazy guy that wrote "Communion", etc...

And I've just finished, "The Gates of the Necronomicon", which is also by Simon (Necronomicon guy...I know), and I gotta say a good read. And I have to dignify that I wasn't expecting it to be anything great...

Anyway, "2012" seems (I just started it, okay?) to suggest an ancient presence here on earth... linked with certain astrological events, etc. All "buried" beneath some of the greatest, strangest "landmarks" of the ancient peoples... with some sceptibility as to actually when these things were actually created, or at least their "foundations".

Anyway, this, combined with some strange astrological shit in the "Gates" book, seem to coincide.

Ta2zz posted a video regarding the 8 pointed "star", which to some of the ancients was a symbol of "divinity". Further research on the "celestial poles" versus the Earth's on "Magnetic polar" influences creates, at certain times, a direct map to what has been called before as "the center of the galaxy"...

this does take into account that we are on "Earth", and what's going on "out there" is whatever it is, although can cause change here... as above, so below... etc. This "conjunction", if you will, makes these "poles" cross, in such a way that has not been seen for a very, very long time, this "research of mine" argues. That is the "celestial, astral or starry if you will" and the "terrestrial, Earthly" poles will create an axis, which could be represented as an "eight-pointed star"...

And, this should happen around 2012... during the Equinox... 11:13 am... or so... December 21st, or 22nd...?

Otherwise it has been suggested, from "crazies", that our world has been infilrated by "lizard men", reptilian humanoids, if you will, "pod-people" regarding whom we are to be "watchful"...

Regarding the ancient civilizations, and their technology, some of which appears to have arrived "overnight", one can only speculate...

Especially regarding some of the ancient paintings, carvings, and/or stories... I wouldn't believe, but as I've said before regarding these peoples vision and mental acuity, wouldn't it be easier to just call a spade a spade? (that's not racist either)

A "serpent"... (lizard man?) with "feathers" (space craft)... translating sucks ass... the Mahabarata, as I mentioned earlier, and to which no one commented upon, is full of a battle in the skies, with aircraft, spacecraft, using weapons completely unseen by the people of that age, and even us... perhaps the first "sci-fi" epic novel?

Oh yeah, there is also the "creation myth" - in many cultures... involving "serpents", and "gods" that defeat these beings... many of such stories creating "us" in the process... usually part of a "duality" of sorts... part "God", part "Dragon"... from the dead body of the serpent, and the god's "breath" or some kind of shit like that...

Anyway, the premise of this "fanciful speculation", is...

the ancient people were not so un-technologically advanced as it appears

they learned this from a "visitor", a "foreigner"

there was a great destruction of some kind, in the past, which could happen again

"history" is bullshit (emphasis mine)

lizard "men" walk the planet, even to this day, and they have an agenda

"We" are part lizard-man, part something else (god?)... and neither thing might be beneficial to our existence... no one cares, and we might actually be a threat in some way

"we" are the "aliens" on this planet, birds and fish and bears and dogs just look at us and think "WTF?"

So... yeah, we're all doomed. I never thought humans were actually a "part" of this wonderful nature anyway, and I still speculate on the advancements in technology the last hundred years... no one could have done this before? The million years humans have inhabited this earth, not one person could have imagined a "steam-powered" engine? A light-bulb? Electricity, though it was all around them? A telephone? A flying machine? A car?

for 999,900 years, we just sat with our thumbs up our asses? Camels and horses, "maybe" the wheel? The fucking wheel? I'd publicly execute all my "royal inventors" if I were a king back then...

some things just don't make sense... and I wasn't implying in most of my above rhetoric that I actually believe any of this, except maybe for the last part...

Just my "fanciful speculation" - no evidence, no proof, not that it really means a shit when it comes to "ancient history".

sorry it was so long....

#19093 - 01/27/09 04:01 AM Re: 2012 [Re: daevid777]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

Quote:
Anyway, "2012" seems (I just started it, okay?) to suggest an ancient presence here on earth... linked with certain astrological events, etc. All "buried" beneath some of the greatest, strangest "landmarks" of the ancient peoples... with some sceptibility as to actually when these things were actually created, or at least their "foundations".

Anyway, this, combined with some strange astrological shit in the "Gates" book, seem to coincide.

vs

Quote:
One cultist, known as Old Castro, provides the most elaborate information given in Lovecraft's fiction about Cthulhu. The Great Old Ones, according to Castro, had come from the stars to rule the world in ages past.

“ They were not composed altogether of flesh and blood. They had shape...but that shape was not made of matter. When the stars were right, They could plunge from world to world through the sky; but when the stars were wrong, They could not live. But although They no longer lived, They would never really die. They all lay in stone houses in Their great city of R'lyeh, preserved by the spells of mighty Cthulhu for a glorious resurrection when the stars and the earth might once more be ready for Them.[14] ”

Castro points to the "much-discussed couplet" from Abdul Alhazred's Necronomicon:

That is not dead which can eternal lie.
And with strange aeons even death may die.[15]
Castro explains the role of the Cthulhu Cult: When the stars have come right for the Great Old Ones, "some force from outside must serve to liberate their bodies. The spells that preserved Them intact likewise prevented them from making an initial move."[14] At the proper time,

“ the secret priests would take great Cthulhu from his tomb to revive His subjects and resume his rule of earth....Then mankind would have become as the Great Old Ones; free and wild and beyond good and evil, with laws and morals thrown aside and all men shouting and killing and revelling in joy. Then the liberated Old Ones would teach them new ways to shout and kill and revel and enjoy themselves, and all the earth would flame with a holocaust of ecstasy and freedom.[16] ”

Castro reports that the Great Old Ones are telepathic and "knew all that was occurring in the universe." They were able to communicate with the first humans by "moulding their dreams," thus establishing the Cthulhu Cult, but after R'lyeh had sunk beneath the waves, "the deep waters, full of the one primal mystery through which not even thought can pass, had cut off the spectral intercourse."

In great lines there are quite some resemblances..

Cthulhu-inspired?
Chtulhu spin-off?
Is the mythos of lovecraft not fictive?
Should I shit my pants?
Should I scratch my balls?
Whatever...

#19095 - 01/27/09 04:37 AM Re: 2012 [Re: daevid777]
ta2zz Offline
veteran member

Loc: Connecticut

As I am not looking to write a whole story and its well past my bedtime... I will leave you these few links to different information... Speculate however you will...

Technology has been here before... One must open their mind and see the clues laid out before us... The Antikythera mechanism, Precolombian Airplane Models, The Bagdad battery...

Combine these facts with things like we discussed in this thread... Namely how fast the people forget how to do even simple things... Raise of technology: downfall of humanity?

Bring in shows like this Life After People and the current beliefs behind the electric universe...

With evidence like this it doesn't take too much speculation to say that quite possibly we have reason for all the end of the world scares... Perhaps the reason it is so fresh in our memories because it damn near happened before...

With that being said do I think the Myans knew the exact year it would happen again? Do I think 2012 will be the end? No... Not likely...

~T~

#19097 - 01/27/09 04:43 AM Re: 2012 [Re: Dimitri]
daevid777 Offline

Well, this is fiction vs. fiction here, but... maybe you could just scratch your balls... if you'd like...

There's always this talk of "Gates", of which you can pass through, but it's like opening any other kind of door... it works "both ways". In the "text" of the "Walking", that is a sort of "astral projection", the word "astral" being related to the "stars", by linguistics, this does offer "speculation" for fun... in the "Gates" book, there is the mention of the "Watcher", which could be seen as a rip off from the "Golden Dawn" methods, or "Pathworking", but the "Watcher" is "neutral", and doesn't really give a shit about you either, and could turn on you if you don't treat it right...

I have no doubt any of this could be real for "me", if I so intended this insane pursuit, but "real", objectively "real" for "everyone"... that would be something.

I'd like very much to be on the side of the "winning party", thank you very much... I've never given a squid a blowjob, though... or let me rephrase... I've never given a blowjob, though...

Truth is, if these things are "real" (and a big nod to the guys in the white scrubs...), what reason would they have to actually give any sort of shit about us?

Unless there was an agenda, we were created out of "both" parties involved, and they've come to collect... or at least one of them has...

In any case, we're doomed (C-three-P-O), it could be a genetic marker of some sort and you realize this is all crazy talk, right?

To be more crazy, check out "reptilian humanoids", see what you get...

Anyway, going full on nuts batshit crazy... the legends of "us" being created out of some sort of primeval dragon, lizard, reptillian, thing, that has been, of course "slain", and the prevailing "god" form that creates "us" from the defeated body of aforementioned "serpent-thing" goes far and wide.

this is, of course, "Mythology", and not necessarily "History", though "historical representations" of such things are evident...

But they were just a bunch of savages, that ate eachother, and didn't have the wheel...

#19098 - 01/27/09 04:50 AM Re: 2012 [Re: ta2zz]
daevid777 Offline

Thanks for "keepin' it real" Ta2zz...

But that kinda shit just creeps me out a little more...

I almost want to believe in a fantastical delusion, now!

#19099 - 01/27/09 05:01 AM Re: 2012 [Re: ta2zz]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

Well about technology...
I'm not surprised such things as very rudementary aircrafts were made on a small scale but not very operative.
It doesn't mean a thing these ideas and models existed far before science made it globally acceptable.
Most things are found at different places at different times in history.

Why we don't find evidence of real-life working aircrafts nowadays? Some people may have understood the principle but their knowledge may have lacked to actually built something like it. And in case for an airplane.. well just look at birds flying around and you'll see the links.

About the antikythera mechanism: it is indeed something "mind-blowing" we discovered. However, it doesn't surprise me. It's almost the same as the aircrafts. One may have noticed something and found a structure. From that point a little bit of engeneering and you got yourself a mechanism. Maybe some people knew how to work with it, but I believe this was something a normal person from those times would have frowned upon, even some "scientists" of those ages would find it a bit weird..

We as a human race are quite wide-spread around the globe. We are with quite a few also. It's possible something was invented decades ago but was lost in time without us knowing about it. Or maybe we did know about it, at least some did, re-discovered the principles, made modifications to it and presto: we have something new.

#19124 - 01/27/09 02:12 PM Re: 2012 [Re: daevid777]
Bacchae Offline
Satan's White Trash Neighbor

Loc: los angeles
Id like to point out only 2 things that are relevant to your post:

1. whitley streiber is a science fiction writer who basically jumpstarted his career with an "autobiography" of his own alien abduction.

I enjoyed his radio show, but he is no Art Bell! and he is no Graham Hancock either. great writer, but not a scholar.

2. the lizard people were popularized by David Icke. who as you know is a GIANT in the field of speculative history and conspiracy.
I will let you in on a secret, that only the illuminati and david icke groupies know (and Dev!)... the lizard people is a code word for jews.

there was an awesome documentary on canadian TV a few years ago when a crew followed mr. Icke around on a book signing tour. in every city he went to groups of young jews harassed and attacked him, and even managed to have some of his events canceled. why? he doesnt dwell on jews or israel in his books... yet they really hate his message.

Edited by Bacchae (01/27/09 02:13 PM)

#19125 - 01/27/09 03:17 PM Re: 2012 [Re: Bacchae]
Jake999 Offline

Just for informational purposes:

Was on CNN's news page today: http://www.cnn.com/2009/TECH/science/01/27/2012.maya.calendar.theories/index.html

Page 7 of 8 « First<45678>

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.023 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.