Page 8 of 8 « First<45678
Topic Options
#19156 - 01/28/09 12:43 AM Re: 2012 [Re: Bacchae]
daevid777 Offline

Loc: Hell's Pisshole, Texas
 Quote:
Well, this is fiction vs. fiction here, but... maybe you could just scratch your balls... if you'd like...

Yeah... you're right Bacchae...

I wasn't making this into a "scholarly" debate, I was just talking about 2012... and since the book I'm reading (I bought it for my wife) was about this, and it was just laying there... I started reading it... and shared here.

I know about Whitley Streiber, which is why I intentionally mentioned him in relation to his other cooky work... he's a seemingly intelligent person, and the writing in this book is... okay so far.

The Lizard men! There was another guy... not Icke, though I've seen his site(s)... someone who maybe "split" with him once he "really went looney". John Rhodes? The "Cryptozoologist" - yeah, he's kooky too... http://www.reptoids.com/introduction.htm

The Jews! Thanks, didn't see that... Well, if they are "god's chosen people", and "god" is Quetzalcoatl... then maybe they are descendents of the "lizard". *disclaimer* - that was meant as a humorous observation, and in no way meant as a "racial" slur on the Jewish people...

Dev, would certainly be more suited to explore and expound on such ideas... I was just posting here for fun, and topical relevancy, even if it is all b.s.

Here's another reference since I brought it up (sorry x 2):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reptilian_humanoid

And, thanks for the article link Jake999... I am not concerned with the "end of the world", mine already did... so maybe I should just go with it, become "born again", and place my faith in Jesus, and when Gabriel's horn is sounded... I relish the Rapture... and am instantly saved... walking along side of all the reanimated zombies of the past. Good times... good times.

#19158 - 01/28/09 01:03 AM Re: 2012 [Re: daevid777]
Bacchae Offline
Satan's White Trash Neighbor

Loc: los angeles
daevid, its all in fun. no matter how serious the research is, its hard to take serious, not to mention inconsequential to real life.
I totally get caught up in too. for a long time I was obsessed with the grail mythos, merovingians, bloodlines, fucking elves, nazi sucers, and all kinds of wacky shit. the best part of it is EVERYTHING can be tied together by a clever writer!

#19170 - 01/28/09 03:21 AM Re: 2012 [Re: Bacchae]
daevid777 Offline

Loc: Hell's Pisshole, Texas
I'm not "caught up".... and when or if I do... you'll be able to tell, I think. It certainly won't be lizard men, or 2012...

The thing is, these two books were written well apart from one another, but if you thinks Mr. Whitley has read this book as well, then I can't argue that... even if it is not evident in the writing I've read so far.

And damned good for him, at least he did some "research", even if it was into another fictitious work... A true writer, has to be a true reader, first, I'd like to imagine.

I was going to quote a small strange criticism/poem from Edgar Allan Poe, but my library is a long way from this computer - and it was written on "paper", bound in a "book". It summed up most eloquently and beautifully, the concept of writing, and the necessity of "reading"... Now I have to find it again... damn!

As for the scholars? You already said it best...

#21393 - 03/02/09 12:04 PM Re: 2012 [Re: Jake999]
LordOf_illusions Offline
stranger

Loc: Kansas
 Originally Posted By: Jake999
The current year on the Hebrew Calendar is about 5069... Maybe they overslept and missed it.

I plan on waking up on December 22, 2012 and laughing my ass off at the current batch of end of the world loonies. They'll be in good company.

http://www.religioustolerance.org/end_wrl2.htm

The 2012 prophecy of course is a fictitious superstition like many other end of the world scenarios that have failed before it.

With that being said there is somthing about the end of the world that turns me on and even though I know this is just another example of superstition there is apart of me that wants it to be true. ( laughs.)

Now if people are looking for a more scientific approach to a doomsday scenario I would suggest people check into the physics of cosmic entropy or cosmological entropy.

( It's enough to make any person a pessimist, guaranteed.)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heat_death

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Future_of_an_expanding_universe

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Rip

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Crunch

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Bounce

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Last_Question

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graphical_timeline_from_Big_Bang_to_Heat_Death

( Beyond cosmic entropy there are a dozen ways for the world to end with the extinction of life as we know it. You got to love the irony.)

( The great thing about cosmological entropy is that there is no escape from it in that it is cosmically inevitable where humanity is powerless in the face of it.)

(Imagine the expansion of space one day leading all of existence into extinction. Great stuff! Sure to please the apocalyptic fanatic.)

( I suppose cosmic entropy is the only thing that comforts me personally in knowing that the absurdity of humanity will someday be wiped out forever.)

BTW: Where will I be on Dec 22nd 2012?

I have already planned out my day which will probally begin with me going to the liqour store where afterwards I will go home and lounge around the house hoping that there is some rare if not impossible chance that there is somthing real about this superstition. ( Even when there most likely isn't.)

( Is it just another absurd hope of mine? Yeah but if nothing happens on that day atleast I'll have my alcohol.)

Edited by LordOf_illusions (03/02/09 12:25 PM)

#22140 - 03/17/09 07:06 AM Re: 2012 [Re: LordOf_illusions]
ceruleansteel Offline

Loc: Behind you
In 2012, Obama will still be president and we will be coming into the full effects of our financial crisis...the bailout bills will start to become due. (I mention Obama because - surprise, surprise! - seems he was full of just as much shit as the rest of them)...

In a way, life as we know it may very well end. Great Depression II, anyone?

#22148 - 03/17/09 01:44 PM Re: 2012 [Re: ceruleansteel]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

Quote:
In a way, life as we know it may very well end. Great Depression II, anyone?

Don't mind.. every few decades something happens to the human race (on economics, social interaction, politics, science..) which might make a change on our normal lives.
I had this discussion once with a teacher who said the same thing and predicted that something WOULD occur which would be worldwide and leave a mark on history starting from the year 2002... Looks like he wasn't that far off..

Keeping the human psychology in mind; I just know there will be once again a time of balance where everything will work out fine. The normal riots, normal rapes in the streets, normal fraud cases,... Just let time do it's things and everything might work out fine. (I'd better mention not to sit back and watch.. taking sometimes own life at hands might make a change in the outcome.)

#22182 - 03/18/09 04:39 AM Re: 2012 [Re: Dimitri]
ceruleansteel Offline

that's easy for you to say, darlin'. Not living in america certainly has it's advantages when america is getting ass-fucked by it's own government.

I do anticipate something monumental within the next three years, though. Any fool who checks out their american federal government should feel the same way (did I just call myself a fool?)...

That one dude on here who keeps clucking around about revolution needs to start building his militia right now. That's not something one can accomplish overnight...

#22183 - 03/18/09 04:44 AM Re: 2012 [Re: ceruleansteel]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

Quote:
that's easy for you to say, darlin'. Not living in america certainly has it's advantages when america is getting ass-fucked by it's own government.

Don't worry, US government isn't the only one fucking up..
Every country has it's own problems at the moment and are struggling to keep head above water.
America is only a bit bigger then most european countries. So if Us government fucks up.. well they really screw up many people.

Edited by Dimitri (03/18/09 04:47 AM)

#22185 - 03/18/09 04:56 AM Re: 2012 [Re: Dimitri]
ceruleansteel Offline

I can dig that. My friends have a sheep station in Oz and they say that when the american dollar dips they lose loads of cash.

It's sad that such an egomaniacal country as this has so much say in how the world operates...

My American National Government instructor would be so disappointed in me...

#22252 - 03/19/09 10:32 AM Re: 2012 [Re: ceruleansteel]
icu4whatur Offline
stranger

I would imagine that they are not happy campers today. This will probably hit the bond market next. That's when you see state and local governments collapse.

This dip in the dollar was caused by the FED printing 300 Billion dollars this week. This means that we are now sliding headlong into hyperinflation. 300 Billion ain't shit.

This is a $500 Trillion problem. What a disgrace.

3-Day chart for the dollar

Edited by icu4whatur (03/19/09 10:33 AM)

#42643 - 08/30/10 02:27 PM Re: 2012 [Re: Butterz]
Dedalus Offline
pledge

Loc: Ireland
I haven't researched the alleged apocalypse with any real enthusiasm, seems like a crock to me. But a thinker, or philosopher, I guess, whom I respect and am interested in had quite a bizarre theory regarding the whole 2012 thing. His name is Terrence McKenna, and he developed some software which he believed could calculate the presence and fluctuation of "novelty" in the universe.
He demonstrated this visually with the "Timewave Zero", which shows the universe's....uh, novelty, throuhgout the years, correlating with world wars and ceasar/jesus, etc. It increases drastically to previously unseen levels and then stop completely in 2012, no specific date. Basically he thought 2012 was to be a pivotal time in mankinds history.
Novelty theory was partly based on the I-Ching, so don't get your hopes up here... Like I said, I respect the man and many of his ideas, but I don't sharehis views here. He treated science as nothing more than an interesting theory, and generally speaking was a little "out there". Basically, gentleman be talking crazy.

I just found this interesting.
http://2012wiki.com/index.php?title=Novelty_theory_(Time_Wave_Zero)

#42658 - 08/30/10 09:56 PM Re: 2012 [Re: Dedalus]
ta2zz Offline
veteran member

Loc: Connecticut

Originally Posted By: Dedalus
I just found this interesting.
[*url=http://www.the600club.com/dir/ubbthreads.php?ubb=newreply&Number=18002]http://2012wiki.com/index.php?title=Novelty_theory_(Time_Wave_Zero)[/url*]

Very interesting that you should fuck up a link so...

Novelty Theory

The symbol is something I have tattooed before. Now it seems connected to 2012.

Stinky man needed a shower and deodorant...

~T~

Tick-tock tick-tock are you prepared for 2012?

#42660 - 08/31/10 02:53 AM Re: 2012 [Re: ta2zz]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

Quote:
Tick-tock tick-tock are you prepared for 2012?

I have a shitload of pepsi (I don't like the regular coca cola), popcorn and crack-a-nuts ready. A few books to burn about the subject and a megaphone to laugh at the doomthinkers...
Does that count?

#42662 - 08/31/10 06:58 AM Re: 2012 [Re: Butterz]
Dedalus Offline
pledge

Loc: Ireland
 Quote:
Interesting that you should fuck up a link, so..

Fuck it...cheers. Yeah he probably had some wildlife in his beard towards the end. I think that symbol on the left appears on all the pages, but there seems to be a broken link to a screenshot on the right of the wiki page, maybe you mean that.
The circular one on the left is quite nice in any case.
Dimitri's plan of action is the best I've heard so far.

Page 8 of 8 « First<45678

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.036 seconds of which 0.011 seconds were spent on 27 queries. Zlib compression disabled.