Page 10 of 14 « First<89101112>Last »
Topic Options
#74670 - 01/21/13 02:24 AM Re: What do you watch? [Re: William Wright]
Knievel74 Offline

Loc: NY
I don't watch much television anymore. When I do I watch The Colbert Report or The Walking Dead. I've been watching some episodes of Doctor Who, lately.

#74779 - 01/23/13 05:16 PM Re: What do you watch? [Re: jesusbeater]
Blackbanner Offline
stranger

Loc: Bartow County,Georgia
I very rarely watch television programs.These are generally What I have been known to watch when I do.

Criminal Minds
Deadliest Catch
Pawn Stars

My girlfriend introduced me to Criminal Minds,but I really love documentaries in particular.

Blackbanner

#77492 - 06/27/13 08:33 PM Re: What do you watch? [Re: Blackbanner]
Robert Paulson Offline
pledge

Loc: Montana, America
I've been watching two new shows lately: Under the Dome and Hannibal. Hannibal is a prequel to the Hannibal Lecter movie "Red Dragon" and Under the Dome is a creative adaptation of a wonderful Stephen King book of the same name. I really look forward to following these shows and eagerly await the final eight episodes of Breaking Bad! If anyone wants to chat about these shows feel free to send me a private message.

#77514 - 06/28/13 11:28 PM Re: What do you watch? [Re: Robert Paulson]
XiaoGui17 Offline
veteran member

Loc: Austin, TX
There are a few shows I really love. One is Black Gold on TruTV. Hubba hubba, bubba...

Another show I (obviously) like is SuperJail. Imagine that Willy Wonka is in charge of running hell a place for punishing bad people where they die gruesome deaths over and over again. I've always loved villain in a top hat.

#77574 - 06/30/13 04:22 PM Re: What do you watch? [Re: XiaoGui17]
Le Deluge Offline

I've found Amish Mafia to be an entertaining glimpse into human nature. To be fair, they are occasionally admonished by their elders. They also don't have the "protection money" racket. Beyond that, they are akin to any other mafia. The unsanctioned barn parties and fights are the best. Going into the second season, a turf war has erupted between OH and PA Amish Mafia. I don't watch a lot of TV, but I caught a marathon of Amish Mafia at the very end of Season 1.

#77581 - 06/30/13 04:43 PM Re: What do you watch? [Re: Le Deluge]
SIN3 Offline
stalker

Loc: Virginia
I watched that show, pretty funny actually. In spite of the bad reviews, I found it entertaining. The Traditional Amish using the unorthodox to their benefit to hold it all together.

#77613 - 07/01/13 12:58 AM Re: What do you watch? [Re: undeadridinghood]
Michael A.Aquino Offline
stalker

Loc: San Francisco, CA, USA
I stopped watching new television some years ago. I have several old favorite series collections on DVD; occasionally imbibe those:

Dark Shadows (the original, of course. If Barnabas really can't stand Angelique, I'll be happy to take her off his hands)
Miami Vice
Peter Gunn
Crime Story
The Untouchables
Tenchi (I have a crush on Ryoko)
The Avengers (I have a crush on Emma Peel)
Stargate SG-1 up through the departure of RDA
Are You Being Served?
Space 1999
Space Above and Beyond
Dark Skies
The X-Files
Reilly: Ace of Spies
Batman: The Animated Series (I have a crush on Harley Quinn)

Lately I've been going through the U's again. Probably because ever since I first saw it as a kid, I thought the real star of it was not Robert Stack, but the third greatest American icon after the Corvette and the Harley: the Tommy Gun. I mean, you know, you can't do this with something weenie like an Uzi or M16.

Problem is, of course, that automatic weapons are illegal in the private sector, and particularly so in California where Sen. Feinstein has a hissyfit over anything beyond a rubber band stretched between your thumb and forefinger. The Thompson company is still in business, but the California-legal Tommy they sell is so emasculated (semiauto, 10-round (!) drum, stretched barrel, etc.) that it's ridiculous. Not to mention about $2K for the sorry-ass travesty. Besides, even if you buy one of these, you'd probably wind up on some freakout list. You can't very well say you want a Tommy for duck hunting, I guess.

Anyway, this is a great country which endeavors to satisfy everyone's fetish, no matter how bizarre, so presto!: 100% legal, licensed by Thompson, exact replica, size, weight, plus budgetary. A 500-round drum, which is better than 10. These Airsoft replicas shoot BBs, but much more powerful & accurate than the tin Red Ryders we knew as kids in the '50s. It's battery-powered, and part of the battery's job is a device to make a nice loud machingun sound, quite sufficient to poof the cats' fur and annoy Lilith: "How old are you!?" Not even necessary to load the gun to make respectable "Chicago typewriter" noise [I haven't bothered to yet].

All Airsofts have red tips, but an SFPD friend of mine said, "Do not - do not! - carry this openly outside. No cop is going to trust a red-tip, and they'd get real nervous about a Tommy." O.K., but like I said, this is a great country and knows just how to make the proper social statement with this thing.

#77707 - 07/02/13 05:02 PM Re: What do you watch? [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
HisDivineShadow Offline
stranger

Loc: Lakewood Ranch, FL
X-Files
Futurama
Superjail!
American Dad
Breaking Bad
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

#77730 - 07/03/13 03:13 AM Re: What do you watch? [Re: jesusbeater]
334forwardspin Offline

Loc: Las Vegas,NV United States
I detest TV, it's mindless humor for morons and the center of the brainwashing media. I reject all that is mainstream, and that makes me a really cool and intellectual person. Lol, all joking aside I like to watch

Fear Factor
Wipeout
Aqua Teen Hunger Force
Squidbillies
Beavis and Butthead
Catfish
Anger Management
Family Guy
American Dad

as my favorites for TV.

For movies, I generally go for Comedy. Just about anything with Will Farrell or Seth Rogen. I recently have gotten more into horror though. Basically, I go for those genres because I don't like predictability in movies. In horror movies, you can't predict exactly what will happen and in comedy, you usually can but the point of those is to make you laugh, it doesn't need an intriguing storyline.

Fortunately, I have DVR so I can watch whatever I want whenever.

#77735 - 07/03/13 10:53 AM Re: What do you watch? [Re: undeadridinghood]
Fnord Offline

Loc: Texas
Lately:

• The Killing
  • Top of the Lake
  • Munsters Re-runs
  • Also recently watched Battlestar Galactica (04 edition) from start to finish on Netflix.

#77736 - 07/03/13 11:31 AM Re: What do you watch? [Re: undeadridinghood]
Asmedious Moderator Offline

Loc: New York
Recently started to watch Star Trek, because I ran out of ideas of what to rent from Netflix. I remembered that when a "Trekie" girlfriend got me to watch "Enterprise" when it first came out I really liked it.

I was only able to get through around 10 episodes of the original series but did not get into it. I might get back to it at a later time.

I followed that by The New Generation, which I enjoy quite a bit, and I am waiting for Netflix to deliver season 3. (I don't do streaming).

I don't think that I will ever be a true "Trekie," but I am getting an understanding as to what the attraction to the show might be about.

#77741 - 07/03/13 02:48 PM Re: What do you watch? [Re: Asmedious]
Michael A.Aquino Offline
stalker

Originally Posted By: Asmedious
Recently started to watch Star Trek

Very important for a proper astrophysical education, so that you can learn that:

(1) A starship generates its own gravity, oriented to the deck, of course.

(2) Every planet has Earth-level gravity, no biohazards, Earth atmosphere.

(3) With a few minor variations, the people of other planets all look pretty much the same as Earthlings.

(4) Everyone throughout the galaxy speaks English. The few who don't easily think it.

(5) Everyone's an officer in the Navy.

(6) Male crew wear reasonable, practical uniforms. Female crew wear Playboy Bunny outfits minus the ears and tail. [This changed a bit by the time of Next Generation.]

-- (6a) Males and females on other planets also dress this way.

(7) JTK is always "Captain" until someone croaks, then becomes "Jim".

(8) You can do anything and everything with a tricorder, anticipating the iPhone and its millions of apps by decades.

(9) No matter how dangerous and lethal a planet, phasers are always set to "stun".

(10) Transporters never mess up your hair or reassemble you with your underwear on backwards.

(11) Everybody else has phasers, photon torpedoes, and shields too.

(12) Unlike the ships in Close Encounters, the Enterprise can't do anything nice like project light shows and play music. [Of course there's no atmosphere in space, but it could have transmission versions of these.] All everyone else sees is a starship with weapons. [Note: The Enterprise does make a whooshing noise when it travels through space, as well as a bang when it reaches WF1.]

(13) Gene Roddenberry originally wanted equal M/F numbers, but was overruled by Paramount, which worried that viewers might think there was fooling around up there. So the ratio became about 4 males to every 1 female. "That's OK," said GR in a later interview. "The Enterprise girls are very hardy and can easily handle several men apiece."

(14) There's no ship's mascot. Captain Nemo had a seal, and Battlestar Galactica Muffy. They could at least have kept a [neutered] tribble around.

(15) The Enterprise's engines are always asked to do more than they were designed to do.

(16) The ship's three most senior and essential officers are always the ones to beam down to an unknown planet, particularly with some kind of dangerous aspect. If a fourth crewmember accompanies them, you know he/she's going to get it.

(17) As with the Seaview in Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea, everyone who comes on board the Enterprise wants to take it over. You know when the Enterprise has been taken over because the intruder sits in JTK's chair on the bridge.

#77742 - 07/03/13 04:08 PM Re: What do you watch? [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
Asmedious Moderator Offline

Loc: New York
That's some good stuff, and I actually picked up most of them while watching the show.

I might have not picked up the one about "gravity" being always present, even well everything else seems to fail, but I saw an interview with one of the producers who mentioned that they were aware that this has caused some issues with some people. He added that it just so happens that whatever system produces gravity on these star ships is the last system to fail. He further added that it would be very difficult to produce shots with actors floating around.

Enterprise did have a mascot. It was the captains little dog. Forgot the name and the breed.

The thing that I find most difficult to deal with, although I understand the neccesity for it, is that everyone can usually express them selves in English. I realize that there is some mention of some kind of system doing translations on the big viewer screen, but damn it, unlike translated Chinese Kung Fu movies, the aliens lips are also moving in Enlish..either that, or the translator thing does some amaizing dubbing work.

As for earth like atmosphere and no biohazzards on other planets, I did catch an episode where Captain Kirk's crew beamed down in bio hazzard suits. However, I couldn't help noticing that their face masks were made of a lose mesh vail type thing that kind of looked like my grand mothers hand made knitting.

I think the reason that women tend to have sexy uniforms is because in the future, women will have so much self confidence that.........on second thought, who cares why they dress that way. Sometimes there is no need to over analize a good thing \:\)

#77748 - 07/03/13 09:07 PM Re: What do you watch? [Re: Asmedious]
Michael A.Aquino Offline
stalker

Originally Posted By: Asmedious
I think the reason that women tend to have sexy uniforms is because in the future, women will have so much self confidence that.........on second thought, who cares why they dress that way. Sometimes there is no need to over analize a good thing \:\)

It took Carrie Fisher three Star Wars movies to browbeat George Lucas into letting her shuck that white bedsheet for a proper brass bikini.

As for the original Star Trek girls, the best scientific evidence for zero gravity out there is that all of their costumes stayed on. ;\)

#77749 - 07/03/13 10:08 PM Re: What do you watch? [Re: 334forwardspin]
Fnord Offline

Loc: Texas
Hey Doc,

Is that Crime Story the 80's one that had Del Shannon's Runaway (might not have been Del Shannon singing it though) as the intro theme? If so, I loved that show too. In that time I had 3 old cars I was fixing up and always wanted a '60 Buick and '61 Sport Fury.. Both of which are shown in the show intro.

Edit:
Didn't mean to hit reply to 334forwardspin

Edited by Fnord (07/03/13 10:11 PM)

Page 10 of 14 « First<89101112>Last »

Moderator:  TV is God, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Woland, fakepropht, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.019 seconds of which 0.005 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.