Page 12 of 14 « First<1011121314>
Topic Options
#78668 - 07/25/13 11:28 PM Re: What do you watch? [Re: Lucius3O9]
SIN3 Offline
stalker

Loc: Virginia
 Originally Posted By: Lucius3O9
Exactly What I want to see. Because The Good Guy winning in the end is exactly how life works \:\/ .Here's the thing, people watch television and most movies, not simply to be entertained, but reassured.Reassured that their pretty little world is full of pretty,'nice people' and all the 'bad people' are defeated in the end.And Everyone - who's 'good' that is - lives happily ever after.

Yeah, until they read some Rag-mag with a headline that reads: Superman Director pays prostitutes to star in his feature film, funds human trafficking...News at 11!

Dammit Batman!

#78671 - 07/25/13 11:40 PM Re: What do you watch? [Re: SIN3]
Lucius3O9 Offline
Intellectual Black Hole
stranger

Loc: Georgia
LOL, It's always kind of depressing when my favorite characters - who aren't the hero - get caught or are defeated.Not just because they're defeated but because their defeat is usually something completely stupid and out of character. Masterminds an incredibly elaborate criminal undertaking, is undone by a banana peel or somesuch.

#78827 - 07/28/13 08:08 PM Re: What do you watch? [Re: Fnord]
BaronVonShankly Offline

Loc: London
Star Trek
The Sky at Night
Top Gear
Dad's Army
Porridge
The X-Files
Whitechapel
Cracker
Inspector Morse

#78832 - 07/28/13 09:42 PM Re: What do you watch? [Re: Lucius3O9]
Michael A.Aquino Offline
stalker

Loc: San Francisco, CA, USA
LOL, It's always kind of depressing when my favorite characters - who aren't the hero - get caught or are defeated.Not just because they're defeated but because their defeat is usually something completely stupid and out of character. Masterminds an incredibly elaborate criminal undertaking, is undone by a banana peel or somesuch.

Methinks they need to refresh themselves on the Evil Overlord's 100-point checklist.

And to emphasize the point ...

#78848 - 07/29/13 10:09 AM Re: What do you watch? [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
BaronVonShankly Offline

The trouble I used to have with detective shows etc, and also the x files is that the most famous guest star is normally the bad guy.
It get's quite predictable sometimes!

Edited by BaronVonShankly (07/29/13 10:09 AM)

#78849 - 07/29/13 10:41 AM Re: What do you watch? [Re: Lucius3O9]
when7iseleven Offline

Loc: High Peak, UK

Why did Dick Dastardly always stop 100yds from the finishing line just to perform some dispicable deed on some of his fellow racers when he was so obvioulsy in the lead? Another minute & the glory he longed for (& deserved) would have been his.

PS......this has troubled me for a very long time!!

#78850 - 07/29/13 12:23 PM Re: What do you watch? [Re: when7iseleven]
BaronVonShankly Offline

And why did dick dastardly go from racing cars to flying to stop a pigeon? surely there is more money in wining races than chasing a mail pigeon carrying a letter?
#79084 - 08/07/13 07:42 PM Re: What do you watch? [Re: BaronVonShankly]
timidlady Offline
stranger

I loved the first season of Orphan Black. Also,

I Love Lucy
Golden Girls
Enlightened
Sex and the City
Simpsons since the first episode.

#79118 - 08/09/13 02:31 PM Re: What do you watch? [Re: timidlady]
rottengarden Offline
stranger

Loc: Texas
Keeping Up Appearances
Are You Being Served
The Munsters
Angel Beats
Breaking Bad
Dead Like Me
Hemlock Grove
AHS (not Asylum...)

Mind you, I have no TV. Netflix and youtube are my sources.

#79150 - 08/10/13 03:33 PM Re: What do you watch? [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
Lucius3O9 Offline
Intellectual Black Hole
stranger

Originally Posted By: Michael A.Aquino

Methinks they need to refresh themselves on the Evil Overlord's 100-point checklist.

And to emphasize the point ...

Yeah, I couldn't agree more.Is It that hard to write a story closer to 'real life' and not 'reel life'? Sometimes the 'bad guys' do win and they win not by chance, although that's fine too, they win because they're smarter, faster, stronger and yes more 'evil' than the so-called 'hero'.

- One Man's Saviour is another's Anitichrist.

#79156 - 08/10/13 06:22 PM Re: What do you watch? [Re: Lucius3O9]
JTF Offline

Loc: United Kingdom of Great Britai...
I loved the series of "the Wire" that was amazing. Also enjoyed Dexter ive still to see the last two series. Was tuned right into "the Shield" very good.

#79159 - 08/10/13 07:02 PM Re: What do you watch? [Re: JTF]
SIN3 Offline
stalker

I watched The Wire, pretty cool series. I enjoyed it. The new season of Dexter is off with a bang. You'll need to catch up, this season's plot is just starting to unravel.

#79166 - 08/11/13 12:32 AM Re: What do you watch? [Re: SIN3]
Lucius3O9 Offline
Intellectual Black Hole
stranger

Originally Posted By: JTF
I loved the series of "the Wire" that was amazing.

Originally Posted By: SIN3
I watched The Wire, pretty cool series. I enjoyed it. The new season of Dexter is off with a bang. You'll need to catch up, this season's plot is just starting to unravel.

The Wire is one of the finest television series ever made.More of a sociological study than purely television series.I watched it from begining to end.I think the 4th Season is the best, but aside from the somewhat nonsensical 5th season, all the seasons are better than most things on television, before and since.

You would think I would have seen Dexter, but I still need to watch it.I might actually start with Season 2 because it had Jamie Murray in it.

#79174 - 08/11/13 06:56 AM Re: What do you watch? [Re: Lucius3O9]
SIN3 Offline
stalker

Quote:
More of a sociological study than purely television series.

I can see that to a certain degree. Initially it reminded me of a TV series of the film New Jack City. In that regard, Breaking Bad is similar focusing on Meth and distribution.

#79175 - 08/11/13 08:00 AM Re: What do you watch? [Re: SIN3]
JTF Offline

Loc: United Kingdom of Great Britai...
 Originally Posted By: SIN3

Had the second last series of dexter taped on my mums caravans sky box but she wiped it!!! Got the final season taping in my house really need to get up to speed because it is right good.

Page 12 of 14 « First<1011121314>

Moderator:  TV is God, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Woland, fakepropht, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.03 seconds of which 0.009 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.