Page 9 of 14 « First<7891011>Last »
Topic Options
#47718 - 01/31/11 08:44 PM Re: What do you watch? [Re: Diavolo]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Loc: Vancouver, Canada
I normally don't care much for TV, but both Spartacus and The Walking Dead have caught my eye. I've only seen each one once or twice, and I can't imagine I will be going out of my way to be in front of the idiot box when they come on, but if I find myself on my couch and happen to click by I will probably stop and watch.

#47805 - 02/01/11 02:53 PM Re: What do you watch? [Re: Dan_Dread]
HeimiricIX Offline
pledge

Loc: Mexico City.
Millenium - Best TV series ever.

I used to watch a lot of TV, now I don't have the time, I just use my TV to watch movies when I have the time but I used to watch:

The Big Bang Theory
CSI
The Twilight Zone (Buy it on DVD!)
The Roadrunner

I also like anime a bit, things like Chobits, Witch Hunter Robin and Elfen Lied.

And that's it.

best.

#48072 - 02/04/11 09:17 PM Re: What do you watch? [Re: Dan_Dread]
Nyte Offline

Loc: Ohio
 Originally Posted By: Dan_Dread
I normally don't care much for TV, but both Spartacus and The Walking Dead have caught my eye. I've only seen each one once or twice, and I can't imagine I will be going out of my way to be in front of the idiot box when they come on, but if I find myself on my couch and happen to click by I will probably stop and watch.

I have to tell you, I won't go out of my way to find a new show on TV but this one caught my eye this winter and I've been hooked. The Blood and Sand series drew me in completely. Watching Batiatus' desires, drive and devotion to grow his empire play out gives the feeling of what the Roman ruled times were like. You can't help but root for a man so purely driven. And yet you hold hope for someone to get his revenge as well on the very character you are rooting for. It's bitter sweet and from what I've read of that time frame of the Roman Empires, this is a very close depiction of that history.

As much as I liked the first series, the second is a prequel, Gods of the Arena, and seems to hold the same interest. It shows how Batiatus got to where he was in the first series, as well as his gladiators. I didn't know if I'd like it as much, but it's definitely kept my interest so far.

My oldest saw me watching one of the Blood and Sand series one night and ended up sitting and watching it with me. He's hooked as well. It's kind of funny to watch his face from time to time because the show really does depict the Roman times. Slaves are kept topless, male and female alike, along with them being completely at the mercy of their masters, no matter what. Sex is not taboo in any way, shape or form, so there are people doing what they wish, wherever they wish, and to whomever they wish. Hell, the story line is completely desire driven, politically, monetarily, sexually, and more. He'll get a look of "What the fuck?!" on his face and then ask me if Roman times really were like that. I've told him, from everything I've read, that's what it was like, to a "T". Advancement in the society was had through any means necessary. It's been interesting to watch, that's for sure.

I haven't had much of a chance to check out The Walking Dead but think I might see where the new series Camelot on Starz goes. It too looks like it could get fairly interesting.

**Didn't mean to give an actual review of the show, but it really is that good. ;\)

#49790 - 02/26/11 12:53 AM Re: What do you watch? [Re: jesusbeater]
Hegesias Offline

I used to watch Steve Irwin but then he died. Now I don't bother with T.V. For years. I watch lots of nature programs online or some science documentaries about the holographic universe, chaos theory, cosmology etc.

Films would be Bruce Lee, black comedy, Samurai movies, and non pretentious psychological movies like Silence of the Lambs 1, the Shining, Let the Right One In, Old Boy, Natural Born Killers, and also Braveheart. I don't really know any others because I haven't looked for any T.V. or films since I went into reclusive hermit mode with my studies and have gone quite mad to some. Maybe I'll watch a comedy.

#49793 - 02/26/11 02:30 AM Re: What do you watch? [Re: Hegesias]
Hegesias Offline

How could I forget! Stand up comedy. Bill Hicks and Richard Pryor.

also,

Dave Chappele.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHFUH_frhBw&feature=related

Funny as fuck

#50311 - 03/02/11 04:21 AM Re: What do you watch? [Re: jesusbeater]
Hegesias Offline

THE SECRET LIFE OF CHAOS (BBC)

http://www.veoh.com/browse/videos/category/educational_and_howto/watch/v197447193rHwQgwD

#58853 - 09/05/11 04:45 AM Re: What do you watch? [Re: Hegesias]
devil is here Offline
Banned--Spammer
lurker

Well i am more into movies and watch less tv . But i never missed to watch true blood thats my favorite show on tv.

#58903 - 09/06/11 11:41 AM Re: What do you watch? [Re: devil is here]
RobertDonohue Offline
stranger

Loc: NY USA
I FEAR NOT MY MORTALITY FOR I AM JUST ANOTHER GEAR IN THE KLOK!
DIE FOR DETHKLOK!!

Sorry for the obnoxiosness but I really am a Metalocalypse fanatic.

And I'm told I have the best Dr. Rockso impersonation.

Edited by RobertDonohue (09/06/11 11:43 AM)

#58907 - 09/06/11 12:29 PM Re: What do you watch? [Re: RobertDonohue]
Managor Offline

Originally Posted By: RobertDonohue
I FEAR NOT MY MORTALITY FOR I AM JUST ANOTHER GEAR IN THE KLOK!
DIE FOR DETHKLOK!!

Sorry for the obnoxiosness but I really am a Metalocalypse fanatic.

And I'm told I have the best Dr. Rockso impersonation.

You must do a lot of cocaine then.

Metalocalypse is a great show. Deadliest Warrior and Fight Science are also great shows. Family Guy, futurama and American Dad, other then those few, I don't watch much TV.

#59217 - 09/19/11 12:15 AM Re: What do you watch? [Re: Managor]
ta2zz Offline
veteran member

Loc: Connecticut

Recently I got into a series called Misfits on Hulu. I also follow Fringe and have watched The Booth at the End to my enjoyment.

I like shows that surprise me and do not follow the conclusion I figure out early on.

I purchased two movies as well that caught me by being different. The first is Troll Hunter and well it is about hunting trolls, the second is The Perfect Host. Both were interesting movies in their own rights.

~T~

#59229 - 09/19/11 05:12 AM Re: What do you watch? [Re: ta2zz]
Rein Offline
stranger

Loc: Richmond, VA
I can't say I watch TV anymore, I found I wasn't learning or doing as much as I could watching TV as opposed to other activities, but there are a few good shows I've kept up with online.

Comedy Central Presents, the acts by Demetri Martin, Top Shot, Fight Science, and Futurama.

A few good movies I've seen are the Zatoichi: The Blind Swordsman movie series and the Boondock Saints

One interesting show that I think got overlooked was Solitary, it was a great show to explore and research how people react and change under different environments and stimuli.

#59287 - 09/20/11 12:20 PM Re: What do you watch? [Re: Rein]
Fnord Offline

Loc: Texas
General Reply:

This is a sort of off the cuff observation but I've found, of late, that television programming (mostly cable) has vastly improved while the drivel that comes out of Hollywood is in a definite state of decline. Most full length films that I've watched and liked within the past few years have been produced independently and outside of the Hollywood machine.

I generally don't watch anything in its current season because I never remember to watch when it airs and I inevitably miss something. I do watch TV shows on Netflix on occasion and have recently discovered the following two shows:

1). Mad Men: Everyone has known what it is for a few years, it seems, except me. Just recently discovered it, fell in love with it. It's high quality, period perfect (except for a few small things) and I have an innate love for old school advertising. Post graduation I actually interviewed and landed a job at Ogilvy & Mather but ultimately turned it down over money (had a kid on the way and couldn't take a pay cut that drastic). At least know I was good enough to at least start working in that industry!

2). Thriller: Old Boris Karloff series similar to Hitchcock presents except it's a tad darker and tends to run to true crime etc. It's sort of short story Noir, with some great content. Love it!

#73839 - 12/21/12 07:04 PM Re: What do you watch? [Re: jesusbeater]
anthonyaguirre01 Offline
banned
stranger

Television: I just watch it to share quality time with others when they want to be accompanied. Personally I don't like television. I think it's full of lies, even the news. For news, I rather read newspapers which are also full of lies, but the fact that the written word has more permanency than spoken word, less inclines reporters to bullshit over the news paper than they would over the television. But with easy access to recording television, I think both types of news are equally deceiving. In any case, written news is better because you are less influenced by pictures, images and music and emotion that the producers of television decorate their news with. It's more left up to my mind to make the pictures and associate the emotions I want to to the actual piece of news I am intaking.

Edited by anthonyaguirre01 (12/21/12 07:05 PM)

#74068 - 01/03/13 03:48 PM Re: What do you watch? [Re: jesusbeater]
VonMetal Offline
stranger

Loc: US
In my spare time I do enjoy watching the HBO series Game of Thrones and Boardwalk Empire. Look forward to watching the New season of GOT as well as Boardwalk Empire.

American Horror Story
Justified
Tosh.0
Adult Swim
BIO Channel
The Walking Dead

#74634 - 01/19/13 10:00 AM Re: What do you watch? [Re: VonMetal]
William Wright Offline

Loc: Nashville
Most of what I watch is on the lighter side. Generally, TV is a way for me to chill out after a long day at work. Jerry Springer and Maury make me laugh, and Jeopardy and Family Feud are fun. Here Comes Honey Boo Boo is trailer park perfection. Im also watching the new season of American Idol, mainly because of Nicki Minaj. Its hard for me to take my eyes off her. Shes definitely got her witchy mojo workin.

Im looking forward to tomorrow, because Ive got the day off and the NFL playoffs will be on. The New England Patriots will probably beat the Baltimore Ravens and go on to play in the Super Bowl, but Id like to see the Ravens at least make a good game out of it. The San Francisco 49ers/Atlanta Falcons game is harder to predict, but I think the 49ers will prevail. My pick: Patriots beat the 49ers to win the Super Bowl. Well see.

Page 9 of 14 « First<7891011>Last »

Moderator:  TV is God, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Woland, fakepropht, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.028 seconds of which 0.003 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.