Page 2 of 3 <123>
Topic Options
#18342 - 01/17/09 01:49 AM Re: Positive Satanism [Re: ShadowWalker]
GarrettProAudio Offline
stranger

Originally Posted By: ShadowWalker

I personally have been helped by the Satanic philosophy, because it helped me realize that no matter what happens in life, be it good or ill-fated, if you want it to change you need to do something about it yourself.

Bingo! This is exactly how I felt about about Satanism and how it has 'helped' me. To put it more bluntly, your answer was basically the concept I was trying to portray with my question. Thank You for understanding what I meant. Cheers \:\)

#18343 - 01/17/09 04:56 AM Re: Positive Satanism [Re: GarrettProAudio]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

Quote:
I personally have been helped by the Satanic philosophy, because it helped me realize that no matter what happens in life, be it good or ill-fated, if you want it to change you need to do something about it yourself.

That's odd, I always thought satanic philosophy was more like "go help yourself" instead of "I'll help you."

#18344 - 01/17/09 05:15 AM Re: Positive Satanism [Re: Dimitri]
Jake999 Offline

Helping yourself is the Satanic philosophy. The realization of that meaning is what helped him.

Geez... does there have to be a confrontation or argument over every damned post? Seriously... this place is getting as bad as most of the other sites out there.

#18350 - 01/17/09 09:33 AM Re: Positive Satanism [Re: Jake999]
Fist Moderator Offline
veteran member

Loc: B'mo Cautious MF
The most terrifying thing that a person can learn is just how much of their own life they control.

Once they realize that they, and they alone, will determine their own success and happiness they suddenly become responsible for their own lives. The horror...

#18353 - 01/17/09 11:29 AM Re: Positive Satanism [Re: Jake999]
Mike Offline

Loc: Farmingdale, NY
 Quote:
Helping yourself is the Satanic philosophy. The realization of that meaning is what helped him.

And is also what would help most. If more people would remove their ignorance and see themselves for what they are and how they can effect their lives, mankind would be much better off. Just imagine everyone doing for themselves instead of wasting time by praying or wishing something would happen. It's act now or pay later by my book.

And as Fist said, it really is astounding how much of our lives we really control. When you really think about it, we have the power to decide our own future just with the right actions and decisions. It almost always seems that those who realize they are responsible for their own lives and do something to help themselves always seem to have a greater chance of success. For example, why do a rain dance and wait for water to fall from the sky to water your garden when you can use a hose? You'd be saving precious time and avoiding having your garden dry out. Personally I believe self-help is truly something to be valued.

Quote:
Geez... does there have to be a confrontation or argument over every damned post? Seriously... this place is getting as bad as most of the other sites out there.

I've noticed this as well. I can't say I've never been involved in these arguments you're talking about, so I can honestly say the problem is simply some get it and others don't, and even if they have to have things explained to them they'll continue to argue, either because they won't admit they're wrong or they still just don't get it.

#18356 - 01/17/09 12:27 PM Re: Positive Satanism [Re: Mike]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Loc: Vancouver, Canada
 Quote:

If more people would remove their ignorance and see themselves for what they are and how they can effect their lives

You say that like it's possible. People can't change what they are. All they can do, if they are both able and skillful, is steer the direction of the beast. The old cliche 'a leopard can't change it's spots' does hold a lot of real world value.

#18357 - 01/17/09 12:36 PM Re: Positive Satanism [Re: daevid777]
Fabiano Offline

Originally Posted By: daevid777
 Quote:
...no one is going to help them, but themselves

Yep.

This is particular to Satanism?

No, it's not !

#18358 - 01/17/09 12:38 PM Re: Positive Satanism [Re: Dan_Dread]
Mike Offline

Quote:
You say that like it's possible.

Of course it isn't. That's what I meant by the post, that it's too bad there aren't more people in the world that can at least take action and attempt to control themselves. The lack of self-control in my opinion is the reason the world is the way it is today.

#18359 - 01/17/09 12:46 PM Re: Positive Satanism [Re: Fist]
Fabiano Offline

Originally Posted By: Fist
The most terrifying thing that a person can learn is just how much of their own life they control.

Once they realize that they, and they alone, will determine their own success and happiness they suddenly become responsible for their own lives. The horror...

That's the point! To come to realise that you're alone in a jungle. For some, this is a such unsustainable view that they prefer to look for a shelter rather than learning to dance in the rain...

#18375 - 01/17/09 08:57 PM Re: Positive Satanism [Re: Mike]
ta2zz Offline
veteran member

Loc: Connecticut

Originally Posted By: Mike
That's what I meant by the post, that it's too bad there aren't more people in the world that can at least take action and attempt to control themselves. The lack of self-control in my opinion is the reason the world is the way it is today.

A world full of chiefs with no indians would truly be a horrible place to be... In other words if there were nothing but leaders with no one to lead, who does the work?

~T~

#18378 - 01/17/09 09:46 PM Re: Positive Satanism [Re: ta2zz]
Mike Offline

I didn't say leaders, nor was I hinting that. What I meant was that a world of people who can think rationally on the same level instead of the world being mostly populated by the ignorant would create at least a more productive society. This of course is not the case, nor will it ever be. This would also partly suggest that all men are "equal", which is certainly nowhere close to the truth.

And if there were nothing but those who could do all for themselves, we wouldn't need others to do things for us. Like I said, this concept is bullshit. I was merely pointing out that it's a shame that people with full self-control are the minority, when in fact if they were the majority society today might be very different, perhaps even "better" than it is now. However, no one will ever know.

#18380 - 01/17/09 11:57 PM Re: Positive Satanism [Re: Mike]
daevid777 Offline

Loc: Hell's Pisshole, Texas
 Quote:
The horror...

It truly is, when one comes to this realization.

It's only as comfortable as your own skin...

#18400 - 01/18/09 07:54 AM Re: Positive Satanism [Re: Mike]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

Full self-control doesn't exist. The problem with self-control is that you only can have control about those aspects you realize to be controllable.
The aspects of your behavior you don't control are at the same time beyond the horizon of your realization.
It sounds good to say one controls his whole behavior but how could one really know?

D.

#18402 - 01/18/09 09:20 AM Re: Positive Satanism [Re: Diavolo]
Fist Moderator Offline
veteran member

Loc: B'mo Cautious MF
And perhaps self-control is over rated? Man is the 'rational animal' but self-control only serves man in as much it enables him to meet his true aim. And his true aim may not necessarily be found in rigid discipline. To thy own self be true...

Quote:
Those who restrain Desire, do so because theirs is weak enough to be restrained; and the restrainer or Reason Usurps its place & governs the unwilling.

And being restrained, it by degrees becomes passive, till it is only the shadow of Desire.

The history of this is written in Paradise Lost. & the Governor or Reason is call'd Messiah.

And the original Archangel, or possessor of the command of the Heavenly Host, is calld the Devil or Satan, and his children are call'd Sin & Death.

William Blake - "The Marriage of Heaven and Hell"

#18404 - 01/18/09 11:16 AM Re: Positive Satanism [Re: Diavolo]
Mike Offline

Quote:
It sounds good to say one controls his whole behavior but how could one really know?

I remember hearing from somewhere that it's been reported that Buddhist monks have been able to control even their own body temperatures. I also remember reading (sorry I can't provide the source) that there have been people with the ability to control their subconscious mind, as well as their dreams and their thought process. If one controls their subconscious mind as well as their conscious mind (meaning those aspects not normally known to be controllable), would it at least be possible to have a higher level of control of oneself that is beyond the point of controlling ones actions and emotions?

Page 2 of 3 <123>

Moderator:  SkaffenAmtiskaw, fakepropht, TV is God, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.026 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.