Page 3 of 4 <1234>
Topic Options
#388 - 09/17/07 07:41 AM Re: US Presidential Race [Re: undeadridinghood]
Nemesis Offline

Loc: US
Yes, for me "liberal" foreign policy is more about diplomacy and maintaining relations than what we have going on right now.

The only reason we act the way we do towards other countries is because we are so isolated. We have oceans between us and the rest of the world, and this affects our attitudes about everything. Canada up north, and Mexico to our South. Mexico will never invade us, because they are too poor and unorganized, and Canada's our good neighbor, sharing a similar cultural and historical background. If we were surrounded by half a dozen other countries, each with a full-strength military, I have no doubt that we would strive to be tolerant, if not outright friendly, to those nations.

#435 - 09/18/07 12:45 PM Re: US Presidential Race [Re: Fist]
Cody Offline
pledge

I can provide for myself so I must decline your invitation, thank you.
Yours Truly,

Mr. and Mrs. so and so.

What a concept!

Edited by Cody (09/18/07 12:48 PM)
Edit Reason: Stuff

#436 - 09/18/07 12:59 PM Re: US Presidential Race [Re: Cody]
ballbreaker Offline

Loc: Toronto, Canada
What the heck are you talking about?
#937 - 10/07/07 02:56 AM Re: US Presidential Race [Re: undeadridinghood]
Samuel Hain Offline
pledge

Loc: arkansas
I will probably vote for Ron Paul.I like his idea of banning the IRS.The state don't gas up my car or mow my yard so why should I pay them property tax every year.Property tax, like the IRS, is designed to take from the productive and give to the parasites. I tend to be more libertarian in my thinking(Although on several issues I think they are dead wrong) I despise both the lunatic left and the reactionary right.
Under no circumstances would I vote for Hillary. I would rather be forced to have sex with Rosie O'Donnell instead!

#2723 - 12/12/07 06:42 PM Re: US Presidential Race [Re: Fist]
DeathIsWicked Offline
stranger

Loc: Peyton, Colorado
I really dont care for this election. I'm just waiting for the outcome of all this. But in a way it should be interesting.

#2724 - 12/12/07 06:50 PM Re: US Presidential Race [Re: DeathIsWicked]
haraku Offline
lurker

when will the partys go to vote for thier GOP ?.

I must say Ron Paul is looking appealing , Getting rid of the IRS, United Nations , department of education and other socially liberal backward departments Is a must, also Rudy still looks appealing

but in all honnesty , ANYONE IS FINE ,BUT HILLARY , if the democrats must win , i would wrather Obama

#2726 - 12/12/07 07:12 PM Re: US Presidential Race [Re: haraku]
L Fern Tej Offline
pledge

Loc: Las Vegas, NV. (u.s.)
that's a pretty big promise for Ron Paul to make.
sounds alot like he's targeting middle class folks knowing they make-up most of the voting population...i mean really, who wouldnt want to lower taxes?
we need to ask ourselves, is he likely to take action or just half-ass everything after being put into office?

#2729 - 12/13/07 12:16 AM Re: US Presidential Race [Re: L Fern Tej]
ballbreaker Offline

He has the strongest voting record of all the candidates, and his views are concerned so extreme by elements of the mainstream public that it's unlikely he's campaigning to abolish the IRS on populist principles only.

I think what we (well, you in the US) really need to ask ourselves is how much pull any President ultimately has, and whether large scale reform is possible without the active assistance of Congress.

#2730 - 12/13/07 12:18 AM Re: US Presidential Race [Re: haraku]
ballbreaker Offline

Quote:
when will the partys go to vote for thier GOP ?.

"GOP" (Grand Old Party) is the Republican Party. Do you mean to say, "when will the parties vote for their respective candidates?" ?

#3841 - 02/04/08 03:33 PM Re: US Presidential Race [Re: ballbreaker]
Noc Offline
pledge

Loc: Delaware
If another Republican is elected it will be like another 4 years of the Bush Admin. The other day Sen John MCcain said he was ready to spend 100 years over in Iraq!!! Just what we need, another politician wasting our hard earned tax dollar on a unworthy war.

They need a President who will stand up for the American peoples interests and stop driving our economy into the ground from borrowing billions from china to keep the war funded over in IRAQ like the republicans are doing.

Bush has sank the American economy and its only going to get worse before it gets better with him still in office.

Feb 5th is super tuesday to nominate your candidate here in Delaware.

Hope everyone wakes up and votes for the people who will do something for us the tax payers....

#3850 - 02/05/08 10:08 AM Re: US Presidential Race [Re: Noc]
puk Offline
stranger

Loc: richmond, va
i personally hope is oboma, or hillary.
i do know that with the last clinton in office, we had a decent economy, and life seemed prety great, and with hillary in office, im sure bill would have some sort of influence, and that be fine by me, if even only a little bit.

as for oboma, he doesnt seem like he has enough experience, maybe hed be a bit more ready by the next elections? i dont kno thats just my personal opinion

#3852 - 02/05/08 10:15 AM Re: US Presidential Race [Re: puk]
Noc Offline
pledge

Loc: Delaware
Well you have a chance today to bring one of those 2 candidates closer into office with a vote today.

I voted for Hillary, she seems like the best ticket to bring our economy back up and running since Bush has totally screwed it up.

#3878 - 02/05/08 08:45 PM Re: US Presidential Race [Re: Noc]
Fist Moderator Offline
veteran member

Loc: B'mo Cautious MF
If you think that any of the leading canidates will 'fix' the economy or 'end' the war then you really have been duped.

The Status Quo likes things just the way they are and none of the front runners on either side want to change the Status Quo.

#3887 - 02/05/08 10:52 PM Re: US Presidential Race [Re: Fist]
LUCIFERIFIC Offline

Loc: CA
I don't know about you guys, but God! I Love Bush!
Is it just me or has anyone notice we have a really weird government? I mean we got a Bush... and a Dick... and a Colon? And didn't Dick shoot some guy in the eye or something?

I'm republican myself. I was gunna vote for Guiliani; but Mit is handsome and has a cool name; plus he went to BYU. I seriously once thought about being Mormon just to bang the Mormon Chicks; it was a taugh call... Blondes... or Satan... so here I am.

Edited by LUCIFERIFIC (02/05/08 10:53 PM)

~~352~~

#3903 - 02/06/08 09:50 AM Re: US Presidential Race [Re: LUCIFERIFIC]
puk Offline
stranger

Loc: richmond, va
im hoping much of that if not all was sarcasim...

Page 3 of 4 <1234>

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.026 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.