Page 4 of 4 <1234
Topic Options
#3904 - 02/06/08 10:06 AM Re: US Presidential Race [Re: puk]
Noc Offline
pledge

Loc: Delaware
I'm just hoping that whoever gets in office is going to do something to help the American people and forget about what other countries are doing, because if we keep borrowing money from china to fight a war that should have never started in the first place. Then we are going to be slaves to the china Government for many many years to come.

The people who are in office are supposed to be working for the American peoples interests, but George Bush proved that the people in Washington are for themselves and are in office for personal gains for them and there friends...

The United States can't take another 4 years of what Bush started he took a surplus when he took office and blew that shit right out the window with all the big spending that didn't do anything but ruin the economy.

The only ones who got anything from Bush being in office is Big Business, mainly Oil companies (for why hes over in Iraq,oil) and the drug companies. They price gouge on everything they do and that needs to stop...

Look I know whoever gets in office isn't going to change anything overnight, because it took Bush almost 8 years of misleading our nation to create the shit hole that its become. But I want someone in there thats wanting to make a difference and try to fix what Bush broke.

If they would pull out of Iraq and take the Billion dollars there spending there each day, and put that money into our economy things would start to turn around in a short period of time.

If they would have used that money for hurricane victims people would be in there homes instead of under bridges or small ass trailers. What the Government showed me during that is when you need the help of your Government they will turn there backs on you,and it can happen to anyone and thats a reality....

Theres a lot to be fixed in Washington and we need someone thats willing to fix things instead of going the course and hide there heads in the sands and hope things will go away.

#3906 - 02/06/08 10:39 AM Re: US Presidential Race [Re: Noc]
puk Offline
stranger

Loc: richmond, va
i agree in everythign you just stated NOC, very well put

#3916 - 02/06/08 08:10 PM Re: US Presidential Race [Re: ballbreaker]
tipi man child Offline
stranger

Loc: rocky mountains
 Originally Posted By: ballbreaker
This is a question for all, but particularly for those in the United States:

Who do you hope to win the respective Democrat and Republican presidential races? What are important political issues for you right now?

.......eye have no interest in the two party system......
...............eye have bin told by the county eye live in.....that eye may not vote.......this is due to the fact that eye do not have a "certificate of occupancy".......there for my land is "uninhabital".......of course they sent this info to my mail box.......at my "unihabital" property........
........and if to vote made a real diferance in this day and age in america.......it would be illegal for everyone to vote......

#4311 - 02/18/08 11:09 AM Re: US Presidential Race [Re: ballbreaker]
woreloque Offline
stranger

Hillary....Why?
Connections, experience, intelligence and already part of the club.......
As for a woman being president? I remember vaguely of Margret Thatcher smacking Argentina over the Falkland Islands (The Empire Strikes Back). I would say Hillary has this potential. Gut feeling.
McCain would be my Republican choice. I had voted for Him in the primaries of the first GW sElection.
Just read something that made it's way to Myspace about a supposed connection of Obama to Farrakhan. Not sure if that's an issue for anyone or real at all.
I also remember vaguely some news guy questioning the importance of President in other than war time matters back in Bill's days. Who do You trust with your or a family member's life?
McCain has first hand experience to say the least.

#4326 - 02/18/08 09:20 PM Re: US Presidential Race [Re: woreloque]
Nemesis Offline

Loc: US
McCain is also dogmatic and regimented in his beliefs, much like our beloved "Dubya". Whether it's Hillary or Obama, I feel strongly that the next president elect will be a Democrat. Americans are just sick of Republicans after having one in office for the past 8 years. One that has squandered our resources both at home and abroad and tarnished our already shady reputation as the world's remaining superpower. McCain would make a good Vice Prez though.

#4333 - 02/19/08 03:16 AM Re: US Presidential Race [Re: woreloque]
Mercury_Templar Offline
93 93/93

Loc: Cabarita, Vic, Australia
...hey, don't put Hilly (Demo) and "The Iron Lady" (Con) in the same thread, or the same forum. I'm a Scotty and I still reckon Margaret was, and is, a Legend:)

G.'.D.'.
VE-GEDULAH
LE-OLAM
AMEN

#4336 - 02/19/08 07:28 AM Re: US Presidential Race [Re: Mercury_Templar]
woreloque Offline
stranger

yeah.....I cringe a little myself at the comparison........
but....I think The Lady has teeth.....
Maggie had an opportunity to show Her's beyond the conservative positons on other issues.
When it's all said and done the economy will continue to ebb and flow, cycle up and down.
It's the events where push comes to shove that could be interesting.

#8660 - 05/14/08 06:03 AM Re: US Presidential Race [Re: Fist]
-iblis- Offline
pledge

Personally...

The real people in control are not even known about.
Beyond political parties...
They are all business partners.

#8704 - 05/15/08 09:11 PM Re: US Presidential Race [Re: -iblis-]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

Loc: New York City
Margaret Thatcher was cool. She was strong, firm, and was respected. Only politician I ever painted a portrait of.
Hillary doesn't compare to her. She may be strong, but she isn't really respected like Margaret was. This country doesn't really teach about womans' role in history or even the political world view of women in power past and present.

I think Mccain lost it. People seem to want a change, and he is too much old regieme. To me, it seems he gave up his middle ground on views to appeal to the more consevative republican voters.

Obama, well. I dont think he is seasoned enough to be the leader of this country. If anything, Edwards should have won that round and Obama been vice instead of Edwards dropping out and now backing Obama. I saw Edwards speak live on Tv years ago, and he had "it". Even back then he should have won over Kerry.

As to Hillary, yes, she has some experience, and she does seem to know what she is doing. She has the past knowledge of how the country works, deals get done, and all the behind the scenes bullshit handshakes. She seems to want to make a change, and move this country along, but is this country ready for her. She can be tough, but is Bill as an ex-president more of a hinderance or a help. Granted the country was in much better shape when they were in office, but does she have the necessary business savey to make congress and etc. work together? Maybe with the 2 of them in the whitehouse things will flow better. I am certain Bill shared stuff and ideas with her when he was president, I am certain she will do the same. But is that what the voters want, a partnership in the whitehouse?

I think maybe, Hillary should have Edwards pushed as vice, if she ends up winning the nomination even though he endorced Obama.
Then again, having run previously as vice, is Edwards politically dead in the water in that position?

Morg

#8715 - 05/16/08 05:01 AM Re: US Presidential Race [Re: Morgan]
School Bully Offline

Loc: Melbourne
 Originally Posted By: Morgan
Margaret Thatcher was cool. She was strong, firm, and was respected.

What a load of bullshit. The last thing anyone would call Thatcher is "cool" then or now... except perhaps for a few Col Blimp types that comprise the British Conservative Party. You really do speak some rubbish sometimes, Morgan.

The fact is the woman was a blithering idiot. A classic product of the great British tradition of institutionalised stupidity. She could only have come out of England. Whenever you read the Orwellian dictum "ignorance is strength" then you'll understand Thatcher.

As for Billary, she always was a lame duck. Why would the average American Joe sixpak vote for a woman who reminds them of their first wife?

#8766 - 05/17/08 02:27 PM Re: US Presidential Race [Re: School Bully]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

Loc: New York City
Well, I liked her.
Do you really think she was stupid?
Please tell me more. (NOt sarcasm).

Why in regards to Hillary?
I guess you always remember your first time.

What about edwards?

#8774 - 05/17/08 07:26 PM Re: US Presidential Race [Re: Morgan]
Fist Moderator Offline
veteran member

Loc: B'mo Cautious MF
Well, now that we are down to just a few clowns in the circus...

Obama and Hillary have done nice work fighting each other. Republicans have been registering as Dems to vote in the Dem primary in order keep Hillary viable. Rush Limbaugh has been promoting this under his campaign called "Operation Chaos." The leftist media is going out of it's way not to credit Rush for any of this. Most 'objective' 'journalists' can hardly hide their giddiness over Obama's success. The Dems seem poised to have a brokered convention like they did in '68 because Clinton and his wife will not quit until the bitter end. Truely, this is great theater!

McCain for his part is trying desperately to court the votes of conservatives (you know, guns and taxes) who's votes he cannot win without. Meanwhile, the Republican establishment is trying to lock out Ron Paul and his supporters from the convention out of fear that they might engage in some sort of theater.

In the end, the Status Quo will win big in November. At least now they have a tentative date to end the war (in Iraq anyway). McCain let it slip that they are looking at 2013.

Page 4 of 4 <1234

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.025 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 25 queries. Zlib compression disabled.