Page 2 of 4 <1234>
Topic Options
#18975 - 01/26/09 12:52 PM Re: Satan needs your sole. [Re: Mike]
fakepropht Moderator Offline
Big Slick

Loc: Texas
Jesus H. Christ. Does everything about Satanism have to be so dry and serious? Doesn't anyone remember any of Anton's essays on humor? Specifically the essay from _The Devil's Notebook_, The Whoopie Cushion Shall Rise Again? A snipit of which....

Quote:
Unfortunately for a multitude of occultists, humor is a rare ingredient in their lives. In fact it is their very lack of humor that has impelled them into the arcane and esoteric. Someone once commented to me that a sorcerer without a sense of humor would be intolerable. I agree and will add that, in addition to being intolerable, he would be incompetent.

Satanists are anathema to the pious, the sanctimonious, and the hypocritical. They should also be the nemeses of the pompous. Satanists-Atten-shun! Right shoulder Whoopie Cushions! To the rear-harch!

And from the dedication of _The Devil's Notebook_.

Quote:
Dedicated to the men, whoever they are, who invented the Whoopie Cushion, the Joy Buzzer, and the Sneeze-O-Bubble....

#18977 - 01/26/09 01:13 PM Re: Satan needs your sole. [Re: fakepropht]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

Originally Posted By: fakepropht
Jesus H. Christ. Does everything about Satanism have to be so dry and serious?

My sentiments exactly. I am glad someone gets that. Some of you people really do seem to take yourselves to seriously. As if everything on here has to seem like it came directly out of a dissertation. I can resepect taking ones self seriously and there is certainly a need for it, but there is nothing wrong with joking around and laughing every now and then. It won't kill you, I promise.

#18979 - 01/26/09 01:34 PM Re: Satan needs your sole. [Re: fakepropht]
Mike Offline

Loc: Farmingdale, NY
 Quote:
Jesus H. Christ. Does everything about Satanism have to be so dry and serious?

That's the way it seems. At least on this site anyway...All I was trying to say was it's annoying while trying to discuss certain issues and people jump in with nothing to contribute to the post or does nothing but preach their beliefs as if everyone has to listen (I'm referring to the christians who think they have to save us on here, as well as the trolls who come and post on a thread with poor grammar and who can hardly spell). I was just suggesting that a filter of some sort would be nice to at least keep a level of seriousness on certain topics. I've noticed a lot lately that interesting threads keep turning into meaningless rants or arguments over ridiculous issues. Humor is great, and there are many on here who aren't afraid to make a joke or two. I was really just referring to the level of annoyance contributed by the type of people I mentioned.

To be honest, I thought the video was funny, but I wasn't about to waste 20 seconds of my life to post "hahah that was funny". Once the topic came up of having a section for things that don't fit into the rest of the site I shared my opinion. I wasn't in any way saying we shouldn't have threads like this, but look where it went.

#18985 - 01/26/09 02:33 PM Re: Satan needs your sole. [Re: Mike]
ta2zz Offline
veteran member

Loc: Connecticut

Yeah ok after 2 pages of shit to read I'm like wtf waste the two minutes and see if this is funny...

I did like the 1st tool video as I am not one to listen to lyrics I had never connected the shadow self with that song... I will admit I did go into this video with the lets see what mindless bunk this kid posted attitude...

It made me first smile then as the one guy told him wait my first name is John and my last name is Baptist I broke out laughing... That and "you are a sick individual" is what did it for me... Never mind the "you do not know who you are talking to"... Yes he does some shoe salesmen store clerk aka piss ant...

~T~

#19012 - 01/26/09 08:06 PM Re: Satan needs your sole. [Re: ta2zz]
Octavius Offline

Loc: Left the party
I've got a sense of humor, but come on. Prank calls? The lowest common denominator of humor since knock-knock, who's there? Really? Perhaps I am an uptight snob.

Or perhaps it takes more than cheap animation and aural homonyms to give me a giggle. It's like laughing at retarded people. Threads like this make me miss SchoolBully's sense of class. What happened to that guy?

Octavius

#19015 - 01/26/09 08:25 PM Re: Satan needs your sole. [Re: Octavius]
Mike Offline

Loc: Farmingdale, NY
 Quote:
Threads like this make me miss SchoolBully's sense of class. What happened to that guy?

Ah, the one who said "fuck off, you precocious brat". Yeah, I miss him too. [/sarcasm]

From what I remember he wasn't that bad of a guy. Maybe he got fed up with dealing with threads like this?

#19018 - 01/26/09 08:26 PM Re: Satan needs your sole. [Re: Octavius]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

You have already made it obvious that you dislike anything I post. My question to you is; why do you keep viewing them? If I don't like something I have the foresight to not subject myself to it. It is a very simple concept, really. Perhaps you like having things to complain about, I don't know.

So you can stick to your "high-class" humor, and I will continue to laugh at people who get hit in the nuts by footballs, rakes, car doors and anything else that makes them double over in pain. Ah, schadenfreud....

#19027 - 01/26/09 09:55 PM Re: Satan needs your sole. [Re: 6Satan6Archist6]
Octavius Offline

Loc: Left the party
Schadenfreude!

Edited by Bacchae (01/27/09 12:20 AM)
Edit Reason: mutilated babies arent funny

#19029 - 01/26/09 11:09 PM Re: Satan needs your sole. [Re: Octavius]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

I suppost that could be an example, if you find joy in things like that. To me that isn't really humorous. It's actually kind of.....what's the word i'm looking for? Oh yeah, gross.

#19033 - 01/26/09 11:53 PM Re: Satan needs your sole. [Re: 6Satan6Archist6]
daevid777 Offline

Loc: Hell's Pisshole, Texas
It's actually kinda fucked up and sad...

Octavius! I was actually going to post regarding the whereabouts of Schoolbully the other day, holy shit!

Then I thought, if I did that, he'd probably show up, like he did the last time.

Diavolo has a way of doing that sometimes, too.

(I always liked Sam the Eagle... but you have to admit, he was the "most serious" muppet... maybe that was your point?)

#19037 - 01/27/09 12:02 AM Re: Satan needs your sole. [Re: Octavius]
ta2zz Offline
veteran member

Loc: Connecticut

Octavius,

Talk about taking a point to the extreme... I myself will laugh at some dumb ass who causes harm to himself as much as the next guy... But a child with a birth defect is not humorous or necessary to make your point... I feel like I've been diverted to banged-up or rotten.com... Shit like this lowers the quality of this site...

On the original video...

I laughed first at the quickness of James saying that was his middle name, his first name is John and his last name is Baptist... Then I just got caught up on the typical you don't know who you are dealing with and ranks on yo momma thing...

Mostly typical human behavior is what makes me laugh... But to each their own... Humor like art is subjective...

~T~

#19039 - 01/27/09 12:17 AM Re: Satan needs your sole. [Re: ta2zz]
Bacchae Offline
Satan's White Trash Neighbor

Loc: los angeles
 Originally Posted By: ta2zz

Octavius,

Talk about taking a point to the extreme... I myself will laugh at some dumb ass who causes harm to himself as much as the next guy... But a child with a birth defect is not humorous or necessary to make your point... I feel like I've been diverted to banged-up or rotten.com... Shit like this lowers the quality of this site...

mark your calendar, because i am agreeing with you 100%.

so much for aesthetics. im deleting this.

#19045 - 01/27/09 12:48 AM Re: Satan needs your sole. [Re: Bacchae]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

Now THAT is Shadenfreud. What better way to take joy in the misfortune of others than looking at Teletubbys? Every time I see them I think about the poor saps that play them. Sure they might make decent money, but how degrading. \:D

#19052 - 01/27/09 01:07 AM Re: Satan needs your sole. [Re: 6Satan6Archist6]
daevid777 Offline

Loc: Hell's Pisshole, Texas
Are you kidding? That's my dream job...

Act like an idiot, dress up in costumes, entertain kids, get paid...

Oh, I guess I'm already living the dream... yeah, it's wonderful...

Btw - for all concerned... the kid looked like he or she was born with a clef-palate, easily fixed by surgery, and the kid is probably fine, in case you cared...

Edited by daevid777 (01/27/09 01:09 AM)

#19053 - 01/27/09 01:15 AM Re: Satan needs your sole. [Re: daevid777]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

I suppose it could be an alright job, if only because it couldn't be too difficult. I don't really like kids so it wouldn't be for me.

You would think after doing that job for too long one might go crazy though. Possibly end up taking to a clock tower with a 30-06. Or dying of a heroin overdose like the original host of Blues Clues was rumored to have done.

I prefer to think he quit the show to join a black metal metal band. That would be just too perfect.

Page 2 of 4 <1234>

Moderator:  Woland, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, TV is God, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.026 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.