Page 2 of 2 <12
Topic Options
#19104 - 01/27/09 06:10 AM Re: Is Self-Deceit The Worst "Sin" of All? --- Essay [Re: Mike]
Zoid Offline

Loc: USA - New Jersey
 Originally Posted By: Mike
Well, thanks for your comments...However, I wasn't referring to the 9 satanic statements. I was referring to the 7 deadly sins. I think you may have misunderstood my point. Keeping this in mind, read it again and tell me what you think.

Self-deceit is one of the Nine Satanic Sins, which are distinct from the Nine Satanic Statements, and also are distinct from the seven deadly sins. Here are the seven deadly sins: pride, envy, sloth, lust, greed, gluttony, wrath (or malice).

I'm taking the time to explain this because the forum is Satanism 101.

The seven deadly sins are a Roman Catholic construct, first formulated in their entirety by Pope Gregory the First in the year 590 Anno Domini, which LaVey somewhat obliquely references in the eighth of his Nine Satanic Statements.

If you plan to write a book on Satanism, I suggest you first obtain and give serious study to these three lists, which can be found at the back of Blanche Barton's "The Secret Life of a Satanist" -

1. The Nine Satanic Statements

2. The Eleven Satanic Rules of the Earth

3. The Nine Satanic Sins

Once you aspire to be published on the subject of Satanism you set yourself up to be ridiculed if you don't do your homework first. Authors are held to a high standard of scholarship and the above would be the barest minimum your prospective audience would expect you to have studied.

#19106 - 01/27/09 07:02 AM Re: Is Self-Deceit The Worst "Sin" of All? --- Essay [Re: daevid777]
Mike Offline

Loc: Farmingdale, NY
 Quote:
Mike, I don't know what kind of crazy you were (are), but exposing that to the "world", and then attempting to argue points of "rationalism"... is dangerous territory.

I was referring to my exposing my book...hahah.

#19107 - 01/27/09 07:12 AM Re: Is Self-Deceit The Worst "Sin" of All? --- Essay [Re: Zoid]
Mike Offline

Quote:
I'm taking the time to explain this because the forum is Satanism 101.

As if you're so far beyond my level of understanding, which you show in all of your 12 posts...But hey, you speak and I'll listen (read) and maybe learn something.

Quote:
Authors are held to a high standard of scholarship and the above would be the barest minimum your prospective audience would expect you to have studied.

Meanwhile, you contribute absolutely nothing of value, and your advice wasn't very helpful at all. You reminded me of things I already know. Thanks for the feedback though.

Btw, all you explained was where the stuff I already knew came from, which I knew of already. My point was that self-deceit is the worst sin of all for the Satanist. I really don't see what your point is, no offense.

Quote:
If you plan to write a book on Satanism, I suggest you first obtain and give serious study to these three lists, which can be found at the back of Blanche Barton's "The Secret Life of a Satanist" -

My book is finished number one, and it's not all about Satanism. I mention it a few times, and provide the explanation of the basic elements of Satanism, but not all of it is about Satanism. It's mostly my own ideas.

Number two, I thought you were going to explain something. I am familiar with those three lists of course, and again in my essay I was referring to self-deceit as the only true sin for a Satanist. I suppose it's a matter of opinion, and this was mine.

Edited by Mike (01/27/09 07:16 AM)

#19108 - 01/27/09 07:58 AM Re: Is Self-Deceit The Worst "Sin" of All? --- Essay [Re: Mike]
Gratikus Offline
pledge

I like it, especially the part about self-deceit leading to mental disorders. With that said, I don’t think self-deceit and self-destruction have anything to do with each other. Some of the greatest risk takers in history, say Hannibal (in his actions of bringing an entire Elephant-equipped army through the Alps) would be looked upon as being self-destructive if they had failed in their bold actions. So to me, self-destruction can only be determined after the fact, anything before this is mere value judgement.

Self-deceit is pretty simple to understand, it’s lying to yourself about your true emotions and thoughts. What are our “true” emotions and thoughts? It’s the point at which our subconscious mind (much of which is hidden and unknown to us) and our conscious mind merge. This point of merger between subconscious mind and conscious mind is the point of “Satanic truth.”

#19109 - 01/27/09 08:19 AM Re: Is Self-Deceit The Worst "Sin" of All? --- Essay [Re: Gratikus]
Mike Offline

Quote:

Self-deceit is pretty simple to understand, it’s lying to yourself about your true emotions and thoughts. What are our “true” emotions and thoughts? It’s the point at which our subconscious mind (much of which is hidden and unknown to us) and our conscious mind merge. This point of merger between subconscious mind and conscious mind is the point of “Satanic truth.”

Yes, exactly! That's the message I was trying to get across. Although instead of "Satanic truth", I placed it with the word "enlightenment". It is also when you can control your thoughts. Just like you said, "It’s the point at which our subconscious mind (much of which is hidden and unknown to us) and our conscious mind merge". When they merge, you are at one with your inner self, or your god and are then able to control both your conscious mind and subconscious mind. This is one of the major points I wrote about. Some may disagree with this, however, it is not Satanic ideology (to some extent). These are just my thoughts on the topic.

Quote:
I don’t think self-deceit and self-destruction have anything to do with each other.

Well being untrue to yourself in my opinion is self-destructive, for you're acting against your own will which can be seen as destructive in the sense that you're contradicting yourself. As I stated, it can cause imbalance which can lead to disorder, and it's the disorder that is destructive.

Edited by Mike (01/27/09 08:25 AM)

Page 2 of 2 <12

Moderator:  SkaffenAmtiskaw, fakepropht, TV is God, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.022 seconds of which 0.008 seconds were spent on 18 queries. Zlib compression disabled.