Page 3 of 7 <12345>Last »
Topic Options
#19441 - 01/31/09 02:06 AM Re: Idiots who breed. [Re: blsk]
daevid777 Offline

Loc: Hell's Pisshole, Texas
I suspect you don't have any kids...

And... you shouldn't, especially in your current state.

This whole argument, I predict, is about to get really ugly, so I will choose self-control by not adding or trying to detract from it at this point.

But I will say this...

Some of you people are "out of your minds" kinda-nuts... if only your parents thought the same way...

#19449 - 01/31/09 06:50 AM Re: Idiots who breed. [Re: daevid777]
Zoid Offline

Loc: USA - New Jersey
I really see no reason why procreation should be viewed as a right rather than a privilege. Driving a car is a privilege and requires a license, and one must fulfill certain requirements before the license is granted. Procreation should be in the same category.

The rest of this post is details provided as an example. It's how I personally would do it. But underlying it all is the basic principle described above, which to me is the important point.

I personally would license procreation and the requirements for obtaining a license would be as follows:

1. Annual income at least quadruple the poverty level.

2. Psychological exam to weed out gross abnormalities.

3. Background check by private detective to weed out criminality.

4. Successful completion of a parenthood training program.

5. Ten thousand dollars in cash.

#19452 - 01/31/09 07:42 AM Re: Idiots who breed. [Re: Zoid]
Nemesis Offline

Loc: US
Don't forget a minimum High School diploma or GED equivalent. Sticking with school (or at least going back to try) shows responsibility. Although my mom dropped out of HS, and later got her GED, I turned out decently.

You'd also have to stipulate that the 10K would be set aside in a trust fund to be used only for the kid, or something. Otherwise, they could save up the 10K and blow it on a plasma or a new car after they obtain their license.

#19453 - 01/31/09 07:49 AM Re: Idiots who breed. [Re: Zoid]
Jake999 Offline

Originally Posted By: Zoid

I personally would license procreation and the requirements for obtaining a license would be as follows:

1. Annual income at least quadruple the poverty level.

2. Psychological exam to weed out gross abnormalities.

3. Background check by private detective to weed out criminality.

4. Successful completion of a parenthood training program.

5. Ten thousand dollars in cash.

Damn. I can afford several kids and I don't want them. Here's my "Get A Kid For Free Pass." Give it to someone who needs the aggravation.

#19454 - 01/31/09 10:49 AM Re: Idiots who breed. [Re: Nemesis]
Zoid Offline

Loc: USA - New Jersey
 Originally Posted By: Nemesis
Don't forget a minimum High School diploma or GED equivalent. Sticking with school (or at least going back to try) shows responsibility. Although my mom dropped out of HS, and later got her GED, I turned out decently.

I thought about an education requirement and decided against it. Hell, if some dude with a third grade education can earn quadruple the poverty level income, he's probably as good a sperm donor as anyone else. What I'm aiming at is the intersection of capitalism and Darwinism. Success in capitalism is measured in dollars of income. Let the privilege to procreate be determined by the same measure: dollars of income.

Originally Posted By: Nemesis

You'd also have to stipulate that the 10K would be set aside in a trust fund to be used only for the kid, or something. Otherwise, they could save up the 10K and blow it on a plasma or a new car after they obtain their license.

Actually I meant the ten thousand dollars to be the cost of the license. The cash is handed over to the government.

#19455 - 01/31/09 12:33 PM Re: Idiots who breed. [Re: Zoid]
Nemesis Offline

Loc: US
Ahhhh, I see where you're getting at. Me like

#19456 - 01/31/09 01:07 PM Re: Idiots who breed. [Re: Nemesis]
Bacchae Offline
Satan's White Trash Neighbor

Loc: los angeles
update..octuplet mom:
from yahoo news

"From what I could tell back then, she was pretty happy with herself, saying she liked having kids and she wanted 12 kids in all," Garcia told the Long Beach Press-Telegram.

"She told me that all of her kids were through in vitro, and I said 'Gosh, how can you afford that and go to school at the same time?"' she added. "And she said it's because she got paid for it."

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. thank you California!!!
7 weeks round the clock care, 47 doctors, and now 8 more mouths on the welfare teat for 18 years!

#19457 - 01/31/09 02:45 PM Re: Idiots who breed. [Re: daevid777]
blsk Offline

Loc: salem or
(I suspect you don't have any kids...

And... you shouldn't, especially in your current state.)

-Well there then, you are proving my point. You are bashing my ideas of deciding who should have children and at the same time doing it yourself. So is there, then, nothing wrong with it? Or are you exempt?

(This whole argument, I predict, is about to get really ugly, so I will choose self-control by not adding or trying to detract from it at this point.)

-If you are not adding or detracting from it, then what the hell do you call this post? If you wish to bite your tongue on a topic, the point is to NOT post on it.

(Some of you people are "out of your minds" kinda-nuts... if only your parents thought the same way...)

-Well I am glad you are an authority on deciding what qualifies as nuts or not. A number of your posts reek of christ-like-love all-shoe on the other foot bull shit, and it is repulsive.

Edited by blsk (01/31/09 02:47 PM)

#19458 - 01/31/09 02:51 PM Re: Idiots who breed. [Re: blsk]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

Originally Posted By: blsk
-Well there then, you are proving my point. You are bashing my ideas of deciding who should have children and at the same time doing it yourself. So is there, then, nothing wrong with it? Or are you exempt?

He isn't deciding who should have children. He is only giving his opinion who is less capable or too stupid to have them...

Originally Posted By: daevid
This whole argument, I predict, is about to get really ugly, so I will choose self-control by not adding or trying to detract from it at this point

hey... you are right, it is indeed getting ugly..

Edited by Dimitri (01/31/09 03:28 PM)
Edit Reason: Spell-check

#19461 - 01/31/09 03:43 PM Re: Idiots who breed. [Re: Dimitri]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

Just using the quick-reply...

I'm a guy that can't be accused of being philanthropic and I do dislike kids. The younger they are, the more I dislike them. Welfare babies and one-day-to-be Einsteins alike. My sister got three of them, the oldest being 7 or so, and I didn't swap 5 sentences with any of them in all those seven years. I might start to converse with them when they finally developed a brain worthy having a conversation but until then I consider them parasites. But no matter how much I dislike kids and people popping them out like lottery balls, this all got nothing to do with that. What we are blaming is the system itself.

We are a life form and we reproduce. It is our ONLY purpose. And although kids will have the genes of their parents and are affected by nurture, not all that are born in welfare conditions will grow up as a welfare case. The same as not all being from middle or upper class turning out to be respectable or even productive. What the hell is a productive human anyways? Someone who fulfills his duty and support the machine until he is old and invaluable enough to be left to rot? Is the typical middle class drone the stereotype we look up to? Is he worth reproducing because he is financially able to do so? If societal class is a decisive factor and welfare shunned in reproduction, why would a mechanical and societal drone suddenly be worth it? Would we like to see more and more middlemen? I personally think we got enough middlemen already. We got so many middlemen with enough dollars and degrees that it fucking makes me want to cry. I say let the lower class breed like rabbits, let them suck all the cash out of society until the middlemen finally start to realize that they serve no other purpose as fuel for the machine. Maybe then they'll realize that society is nothing but a beehive where not too many are important. If you wanna solve the problem, kill the queen. Then destroy the hive.
All the rest is futile.

D.

#19463 - 01/31/09 04:29 PM Re: Idiots who breed. [Re: Diavolo]
Mike Offline

Loc: Farmingdale, NY
 Quote:
We are a life form and we reproduce. It is our ONLY purpose.

Finally, something we both agree on.

Quote:
Maybe then they'll realize that society is nothing but a beehive where not too many are important. If you wanna solve the problem, kill the queen. Then destroy the hive.

And let society rebuild itself? I'm not sure what you mean, but something tells me it's an important lesson to learn. Perhaps rebuilding would only result in history repeating itself and then society will have to destroy the hive once more. Are you referring to a trend of declining/uprising societies? Or am I completely lost...

#19466 - 01/31/09 05:12 PM Re: Idiots who breed. [Re: Zoid]
ZephyrGirl Offline
R.I.P.

Loc: Adelaide Australia
And how exactly do you think this is going to be policed?

Make getting pregnant illegal, or make getting someone else pregnant illegal?

Come on, you are talking stupid pipe dreams.

Zeph

#19471 - 01/31/09 06:40 PM Re: Idiots who breed. [Re: ZephyrGirl]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Loc: Vancouver, Canada
If all the idiots stop breeding, who the hell is supposed to wash my car and deliver my pizza in the future?

But in all seriousness, I like the cattle dumb. The dumber the better.

Stupidity is a resource. Let 'em breed.

#19472 - 01/31/09 06:42 PM Re: Idiots who breed. [Re: Mike]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

I don't do lessons.

Everything is cyclical Mike, it comes and goes but seldom is identical. Aspiring to create new societies is futile.
To quote a smarter man than me:

Quote:
FOURTH PRINCIPLE.
A new kind of society cannot be designed on paper. That is, you cannot plan out a new form of society in advance, then set it up and expect it to function as it was designed to.

D.

#19475 - 01/31/09 10:46 PM Re: Idiots who breed. [Re: Diavolo]
Bacchae Offline
Satan's White Trash Neighbor

Loc: los angeles
nice quote. I did a painting of him a few years ago and no one knew who it was. I shouldve sent it to you.

Page 3 of 7 <12345>Last »

Moderator:  TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.026 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.