#3220 - 01/08/08 11:20 PM Re: disappointing movies [Re: jesusbeater]
Evil Lucy Offline
stranger

Loc: La Mesa, California, USA
I can't watch anything with Johnny Depp he really irritates the Hell out of me

#3225 - 01/09/08 12:03 AM Re: disappointing movies [Re: BandAid]
x.emo.danny.x Offline
stranger

I thought the two worst series of movies was yes PoftheCarribean and the Chucky movies. That bastard doll wont really die and now hes reproducing?
#3227 - 01/09/08 12:16 AM Re: disappointing movies [Re: Evil Lucy]
L Fern Tej Offline
pledge

Loc: Las Vegas, NV. (u.s.)
 Originally Posted By: Evil Lucy
I can't watch anything with Johnny Depp he really irritates the Hell out of me

i'm actually quite fond of johnny depths acting.
fucking hated poftc but ehh, im sure he did also, along with everyone above a 10 yr old mentality.

the worst fucking movie EVER was the village, i know it was going to be horrible with an even worse twist because well...it was an M. Night Shyamalan movie, but jesus fucking christ on a cross was that movie bad.

#3230 - 01/09/08 12:52 AM Re: disappointing movies [Re: L Fern Tej]
x.emo.danny.x Offline
stranger

This may sound stupid. sorry. The Village is my favorite movie! I really enjoy it everytime I watch it. It was a great look at how hard some people try to escape their past. I found several of the twists very intriguing. Not to mention the acting I felt was great.
#3236 - 01/09/08 10:18 AM Re: disappointing movies [Re: x.emo.danny.x]
Sinistar Offline

Loc: New York City
To each his own I guess. If "The Village" was M. Night's first movie and "The Sixth Sense" was his most recent then I would say fine. I just think that his movies regressed as time went on. "The Village" did have its moments but we were all set up for one big letdown.

#3244 - 01/09/08 02:35 PM Re: disappointing movies [Re: Sinistar]
x.emo.danny.x Offline
stranger

Maybe than here's why I liked it:
1. I havent seen the sixth sense
2. I hadnt even heard of the village before I saw it.

I like to watch movies when I haven't heard others opinions on it beforehand.

#3246 - 01/09/08 03:04 PM Re: disappointing movies [Re: x.emo.danny.x]
Sinistar Offline

Loc: New York City
I hear you on that. If you get a chance, rent "The Sixth Sense", "Unbreakable", "Signs", "The Village", and "Lady in the Water" on consecutive weeks in that order and maybe you'll see what I mean. Have fun...

Edited by Sinistar (01/09/08 03:05 PM)

#3545 - 01/17/08 06:43 AM Re: disappointing movies [Re: Sinistar]
Veldrin Offline
pledge

Loc: Melbourne, Australia.
This may be obvious, and completely irrational in the mix, but I found the harry potter series incredibly over rated. Don't know what it was, most likely the plot.
I'm rather a large fantasy nut, so potter is like a slap in my high-fantasy loving face.

But I'll admit that's a biased opinion.

Oh god. Don't remind me of dungeons and dragons. Christ, I thought I would swallow my d20 collection in shame.

I'll agree with beowulf too. simple minded story with...well "occasional" piss poor acting and with shiny animations to take attention off it all.

#3974 - 02/08/08 10:24 PM Re: disappointing movies [Re: Veldrin]
Deidara_Sempai Offline
stranger

Loc: Amegakure
hmm i felt the same way about harry potter until i saw the 3rd one, prisoner of azkaban... i liked that one the best and i like the ones after it, though it took me awhile after all the hype to actually sit and watch it... -__-

I hated the village, i thought since M Night Shamayalan did the story it was going to be a great intense film with a twist because i saw sith sense and loved the film, but i have no idea what happened with his other films, Signs was just lame beyond belief, im not a fan of Mel Gibson... and the village was just dire o.0 i'd never been so dissapointed.

#4335 - 02/19/08 06:03 AM Re: disappointing movies [Re: Deidara_Sempai]
Baphomit666 Offline
stranger

Loc: Taunton-Mass-USA
I very much disliked the Harry Potter series. I have never seen the movies (except for like maybe 40 mins. of "the goblet of fire", i think it was called). I like M. Night but the village was aweful. If anyone cares to see a really huge waste of time movie (though i don't recommend it) watch the new spoof called "Meet the Spartans". It is a spoof on the movie 300. It makes fun of various hollywood stars, gameshows, other movies, and even a video game. Wat it boils down to is the utter waste of time that you can never reclaim.

On a lighter note though i did see a movie that was pretty good. It is called "stardust" and though it is not the greatest movie it had it's momments and i think i would watch it again.

#4374 - 02/20/08 02:06 PM Re: disappointing movies [Re: Veldrin]
DistroyA Offline

Loc: Mansfield, Nottinghamshire, UK
 Originally Posted By: Veldrin
This may be obvious, and completely irrational in the mix, but I found the harry potter series incredibly over rated.

The books are much better in my opinion. The problem with the series in general is the sheer hype that surrounds it. I got put off by the hype when the first two movies were released (plus at the time, I was courting a girl that was heavily into the series, so I had it shoved down my throat in essence).

I must say, I really enjoyed the books, especially the final book of the series. Rowling's depiction of the final battle was pure genius. I loved every moment of reading the story.

But there ya go. That's just my opinion alone. If you don't like it, you don't like it, and that's fine.

#4402 - 02/20/08 10:50 PM Re: disappointing movies [Re: DistroyA]
Crocell Offline
stranger

Loc: Mid-West
2007's BUG

It has to be without question one of the worst pieces of Cinema that I have layed eyes on. That might read as a little bit dramatic, and honestly I wish that were the case.

If being a movie critic was my job and only source of income, I'd be homeless right now typing this post from someones house I just broke into because I'd of quit as soon as the credits rolled.

Lionsgate usually produce decent films like SAW 1-4, 28 Weeks Later, American Psycho, Kids, Employee of the Month, Leonard Cohen: I'm Your Man to name a few.

But they really dropped the ball on this one folks.

My wife and I nearly walked out half way through, but having endured it for that long and paying money to see it, we decided to stay until the end.

My Mr. Pibb and Sour Patch Kids were quite delightful.

If I wanted to watch crazed paranoid delusional white trash for an hour and 40 minutes, I would have watched back to back episodes of Jerry Springer.

#4420 - 02/21/08 11:09 AM Re: disappointing movies [Re: Crocell]
ta2zz Offline
veteran member

Loc: Connecticut

Originally Posted By: Crocell
2007's BUG

It has to be without question one of the worst pieces of Cinema that I have layed eyes on. That might read as a little bit dramatic, and honestly I wish that were the case.

Wow I cannot believe that I could have forgotten this monstrosity... I made the mistake of buying it because I had missed it in the theaters...

I kept waiting for something to happen to justify the movies title and horror rating... When it ended I was glad it was over...

The BUG dvd now sits with movies like Turistas another watch it once waste of money movie...

Hell if anyone wants BUG I will send you my DVD for the cost of shipping... Thinking about that perhaps I should just give it to someone I dislike...

peace

~T~

#4726 - 03/03/08 11:13 AM Re: disappointing movies [Re: ta2zz]
Noc Offline
pledge

Loc: Delaware
I pretty much hate every movie that Steven Seagal was in. He is a sorry actor and his Karate scenes were always in super slow motion because he has no talent with acting and no talent in martial arts. I can't stand to sit through any of his movies because there all so bad.... He made a lot of money off of some horrible movies and the producers lost a lot of money with him in there movies.
#4927 - 03/07/08 03:03 AM Re: disappointing movies [Re: Noc]
DaVinci Offline

Loc: Australia
I can honestly say I have yet to see a movie that has disappointed me after viewing its title and rating. Only one movie comes to mind that I can HONESTLY say I actually despise for wasting my precious time and money, and that would be: Michael Moore's, Bowling For Columbine.

I thought -- when I first watched it -- "This guy's really trying to do something to help further his country and his fellow man." Days later I decided to check-up on his 'facts' -- being the skeptic I am -- and found most of it to be outright bullshit and nothing but crap dribbling from his chubby-mouth.

Page 2 of 4 <1234>

Moderator:  TV is God, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Woland, fakepropht, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.026 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.