Page 2 of 2 <12
Topic Options
#19968 - 02/08/09 02:24 PM Re: Diversity is Strength and other Newspeak... [Re: Fist]
blsk Offline

Loc: salem or
Exactly Fist. Third-world countries do not produce stupid, corrupt people...stupid, corrupt people produce third-world countries.
#19974 - 02/08/09 03:09 PM Re: Diversity is Strength and other Newspeak... [Re: Fist]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

Loc: New York City
I dont think so.

Its not only the mexicans.
When I lived in bklyn, it was the Italians & Russians, a lot of them didnt want to learn english, and refuse to.
Ghettos/enclaves where new immigrants live enmass is nothing new.
The problem is that they are moving beyond the enclave and expecting it to all be the same shit.

Its more visual with the Mexicans because there are so many of them living here now. Just as with the Muslims in Europe, they just moved there instead of here.

Unless, you put some backbone into immigration policies, and enforce/push nationalism on a global scale, it wont make a difference. The biggest majority rules, and the Muslims are outbreeding Europeans, just like Mexicans are doing here.

Third world, is never far away. We have it here, just no one likes to talk about it. My neighborhood sucks now, boarded up house down the block, bodega wont stay open past midnight because the area sucks. Unemployement at 7-10% in some areas, and that number is going to get worse with this economy.

I think things are just going to get worse here and blaming the mexicans is easy, cause it takes the blame off of someone else.

Besides, what exactly is our cultural attitude at this point?
Is it closer to MTV or CNN or Fox News?

Morgan

#19986 - 02/08/09 06:04 PM Re: Diversity is Strength and other Newspeak... [Re: blsk]
Fist Moderator Offline
veteran member

Loc: B'mo Cautious MF
I am amazed at how many people don't understand this. Crime causes poverty because no one wants operate a business in a high crime area. Thus businesses move away and the problems get worse.

The same goes for the third world.

#19989 - 02/08/09 07:49 PM Re: Diversity is Strength and other Newspeak... [Re: Fist]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

Crime causes poverty causes crime. It is a vicious cycle that has to start somewhere.

There are other factors that lead to the creation of a 3rd world other than the "cultural attitudes of its inhabitants". And what makes a country 3rd world anyway?

This country is close to becoming 3rd world because of the financial crisis which has very little, if anything, to do with immigrants.

Although I agree immigrants should be forced to master English.

#19990 - 02/08/09 08:50 PM Re: Diversity is Strength and other Newspeak... [Re: 6Satan6Archist6]
blsk Offline

Loc: salem or
(This country is close to becoming 3rd world because of the financial crisis which has very little, if anything, to do with immigrants.)

-I agree that this country is close to becoming third-world, but not because of the financial crisis. It is because we are letting "third-world" mentality seep into our culture and worse yet, political state and govt. offices. There is a growing acceptance in some areas for border-jumpers who have no real value at all. Amnesty and so on...it is all supported by people who are either too lazy and/or dishonest to see what these people are truly like, or they are plain and simple accepting of it, in which case it will be the breaks that cause a screeching halt to the high standards it is soo politically incorrect to try to uphold and speak out in support of.

#20010 - 02/08/09 11:17 PM Re: Diversity is Strength and other Newspeak... [Re: blsk]
daevid777 Offline

Loc: Hell's Pisshole, Texas
There's also the "birthright" thing... born on U.S. soil an American citizen is made...

The old joke when we used to go over the border to shop, or party... if a women has a baby on this side of the middle of the river... the one with the American flag... her kid's an American... (oversimplification, of course... but this happens everyday in other ways)

They don't call them "illegals" anymore, by the way, the new and improved politically correct vocabulary defines them as: "Undocumented Immigrant".

Nice.

Page 2 of 2 <12

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.02 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 19 queries. Zlib compression disabled.