Page 1 of 6 12345>Last »
Topic Options
#19887 - 02/07/09 04:55 PM Racial Double Standards
Jester Offline
pledge

Loc: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
This might open up a can of worms but...ever notice the racial double standards that runs rampant in North America...Okay, examples.

Black History Month,
Every year we have black history month, a month dedicated to the accomplishments of African Americans. Now, imagine there were to be a White History Month. White History Month would be deemed racist. Whether you would agree with me or not, there would be a hell of a lot of backlash from non-white populations in North America.

Anything that would have to do with pride about being white would be seen as racist or have something to do with white supremacy.

I myself am not racist, I believe humans, no matter what "race" are humans, we are all the same, sure we may have different skin color or different religious backgrounds etc, but we are human, nonetheless. The white "race" seems to be the only race that are not allowed to have a holiday or celebration about being white. Not saying that I want a holiday like this, not out of fear of reprisal but simply because I am apathetic towards celebrations like these. I just find it funny that being proud to be white is considered racist and being proud to be anything else is accepted.

#19888 - 02/07/09 05:03 PM Re: Racial Double Standards [Re: Jester]
Zoid Offline

Loc: USA - New Jersey
 Originally Posted By: Jester
I just find it funny that being proud to be white is considered racist and being proud to be anything else is accepted.

Oddly enough, I have not one, but two holidays that celebrate my ethnicity!

I'm seven eighths Italian and one eighth Irish. Columbus Day is my Italian holiday and Saint Patrick's Day is my Irish one! \:\)

#19889 - 02/07/09 05:07 PM Re: Racial Double Standards [Re: Zoid]
Jester Offline
pledge

Loc: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
But do you get my point? How being proud to be white is racist? I just find it funny how if I were to walk the street screaming, "I love being white" people would think that I am racist or that I hate other ethnicity's. I just think it's a huge double standard.

#19893 - 02/07/09 05:45 PM Re: Racial Double Standards [Re: Jester]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

I have often wonder the same thing along with wondering why there is no channel on tv called WET. Black people have BET, women have Lifetime, Mexicans have Telemundo, gays have Bravo etc. Furthermore, why isn't there a straigh pride parade?

Personally I think is pointless to be proud of one's race, sexuality etc. That just happens to be the way you were born, it is not as if you actually did anything to be proud of.

#19894 - 02/07/09 05:56 PM Re: Racial Double Standards [Re: Jester]
RollinStalker Offline
stranger

Loc: san francisco ,Ca
im not white im actuall half spanish, 1/4 greek and 1/4 native american - the outcome is most people assume im mexican, i grew up in a little town in the state of Texas that had 3 predominate races, black white and mexican.
as kids we all got along and we allshared in each others holidays.
although june teenth really wasnt celebrated in out Texas town. many of us when we were growing up never really saw eachother as different because of color, until we got older. i9 noticed all my friends were white, when i was amongst them and there familiy get together i felt out of place. as i got older i noticed people would often throw racist remarks at me joking around
( calling me a wetback or simply a freakin mexican) it was funny to me because im neither one of those, but thats when i saw that something was terribly wrong with alot of american ideologies.
today i dis-associate with anybody in the occult, satanist, christian,buddhist, other religous, Atheist, musicians, homeless, millionaires who shout a vulgar display of power of rascism,judgement, and simple prejudice (fat,ugly,dirty,poor,tall,short,nerdy,disabled) that is spit from there tongues( the begining of all curses start from the heart and are expelled by way of the tongue and unleashed into the world) so i agree that if a white man was to walk around saying IM PROUD to be white, he would be judged as a nazi, yet a black man can stand on a corner and shout Black power and its a sign of pride of his ethnicity.
its all screwed up- my opinion is we must all dis-associate with any of these so called pride ethnic displayers, there squanderers looking to devour you and me to follow there way of thinking and make us all be against each other. like the bible thiumper on the street corner they have started a revolution to force fear into our lives, the same way the terrorist groups have fundamentally involved there God as the principle behind there actions- quite absurd and selfish if you ask me.
they must all be cut off like Anton states in the Satanic Bible, they must eb cut off immediately or else they will cut us off from our purpose to live a full and productive life amongst each other.

Still,
Rollin Stalker the deathRocker

Edited by RollinStalker (02/07/09 06:01 PM)

#19912 - 02/07/09 08:07 PM Re: Racial Double Standards [Re: RollinStalker]
blsk Offline

Loc: salem or
First off, high-five Jester! I have been saying this for far too long. Slavery. That is what all this is about. If we(white people) are not overly apologetic, we are racist...period. That is the society in which we live. It is politically incorrect to love yourself if you are not a person of "color." That, I think, was the birth of the "wigger." "Maybe if I walk and talk like them, people will know I am okay with them." I can go on for days, but let me say this...we are NOT all the same. That is the "colorblind" bull-shit that this p.c. society wants you to say.

#19915 - 02/07/09 08:46 PM Re: Racial Double Standards [Re: blsk]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Loc: Vancouver, Canada
Yes, society panders to everyone who isn't a white male, but yet cry's out to the heavens for equality and the breakdown of separation.

If it seems like a double standard or hypocrisy, that's because it is. Hypocrisy is a staple that maintains the status quo.

Same old same old.

#19917 - 02/07/09 08:52 PM Re: Racial Double Standards [Re: Dan_Dread]
blsk Offline

Exactly, there is NO SUCH THING as equality. Nor should there be. It is the same as those "womens rights" broads who say they want to be treated "fairly." Fair to the sex or the individual? They do not want to be treated equal, they want to be catered to. They get pissed when the man wants to be the head of the house, but in turn get pissed if you do not hold the door open for them, same shit, ever-so-slightly different smell.
#19920 - 02/07/09 09:16 PM Re: Racial Double Standards [Re: blsk]
Nemesis Offline

Loc: US
Fuck this diversity...why doesn't the world just go back to being separated by race, ethnicity and culture? When you go to Iran, you see Iranians. When you go to Europe, you see white Europeans. When you visit Central and South America, you see the indigenous/Spanish mixes. America and Canada--a mix of majorally white Euro stock and some Indians. It sure made things a lot easier.

But I wonder--wouldn't diversity strengthen the immune systems and overall health of humanity as a whole? Same as with breeding animals...even when you breed non-related (for several generations back) animals to each other, sometimes you have to 'outcross' to inject some health and vigor into the line. Being exposed to the various viruses which initially killed a large number of people who were exposed to it, ended up benefiting us...one more virus we've learned about and developed immunizations for, to treat future generations.

Now granted, you could flip that around and AIDS would come up. It wouldn't have spread worldwide if no one was going into the Congo.

Edited by Nemesis (02/07/09 09:21 PM)
Edit Reason: forgot a word

#19921 - 02/07/09 09:53 PM Re: Racial Double Standards [Re: Nemesis]
Octavius Offline

Loc: Left the party
Disgusting. Myopic.

Satanists...so individual. So mired in their tunnel-vision. How can you call yourself a God and not accept the fucking responsibility of creation? Oh, yes...it only applies to your singular vision and personal experiences. Everyone else must conform or be ridiculed. Fuck you all. if you're going to call yourself a God, then step up to the plate. Take responsibility for the world you create. Use your meme complexes, magick, and messianic complexes to build a better world. Without racial, religious, cultural, and philosophic differences we are nothing more than the New Catholic Empire. You are all what you claim to hate.

Learn to embrace difference, diversity, and perspective. If you don't you're still just another fucking sheep following a divine plan written by a different God. If not, then by all means, keep working on the emergence of the penultimate Grey Race.

No, you don't have to be a New-Age Hippie, but you have to deal with the world as it is. Embrace change or accept mediocrity. Push your vision to the fullest or remain a weakling.

Octavius

#19922 - 02/07/09 10:40 PM Re: Racial Double Standards [Re: Octavius]
Nemesis Offline

Loc: US
Did you stop to think that my above post might have been partially sarcastic?

Of COURSE life would be utterly dull and pointless if we were all one and the same. Isn't that a current theme in human history? Stories of fierce individualism? Seeing a better way to do things and striking out on your own? Interacting with those different from you is one of the things that gives life its spice.

For me, the best part about going on cruises is not the relaxation or the neverending food, but the chance to meet people and see places that otherwise I'd never experience. Getting to meet people talk about what's important to them in their corner of the world...to share their sense of humor...those are all great things. Who'd want to travel 1,000 miles or more and meet people that watch "The View" and root for Dale Earnhardt Jr?

That would be a nightmare in and of itself.

#19927 - 02/07/09 11:44 PM Re: Racial Double Standards [Re: Nemesis]
blsk Offline

Now I agree on the matter that Nem brought up. How drab would it be to travel to a far-off land only to see yourself? I am a very fond traveler for that very reason, I love to see the diversity of man and the world that comes with it. Yet few(and I think it is safe to include yourselves in this) would chose to live that way. However, many cultures, as beautiful as they may appear, are so because of the evolution(or lack thereof) of faiths. That is where I have a problem, not with cultures but the expected acceptance of them in MY neighborhood. Everyone has the right to live as they chose. It becomes an issue when they expect me to alter MY life in accordance with their ideals. That is the problem I have with faiths like christianity, and that is the problem I have with the current issues in immigration. They expect me to cater to their culture. There should be blacks, yellows, browns, whites; but I should not have to mix to accept. Same with the diversity in culture.

#19931 - 02/08/09 12:17 AM Re: Racial Double Standards [Re: blsk]
Morbid Rex Offline

Everyday in America is White History Month, this country was built by Anglo-Saxon's off of the extermination and subjugation of people from other cultures.

But with that said I believe that Black History Month has run it's course and should be done away with, or at least improved upon. From my days in High School I found Black History Month to be quite drab and uninspiring; I am of much African descent surprise surprise. It seems like Martin Luther King (the safe PC leader that can be paraded to America) is given all the attention while others in the Civil Rights movement are overshadowed by this prince of peace.

Satanism! The only scientifically proven religion.

#19932 - 02/08/09 12:26 AM Re: Racial Double Standards [Re: Morbid Rex]
blsk Offline

K, first, how is every day a history MONTH period(yes, that was rhetorical)? Seriously though, how much time a day do we set aside on telivision or in any other manner to pay tribute to the great accomplishments of white men in history specifically because of their color? We don't. Stop acting like we do. And yes, black history month has run its course.

#19940 - 02/08/09 06:32 AM Re: Racial Double Standards [Re: 6Satan6Archist6]
Zoid Offline

Loc: USA - New Jersey
 Originally Posted By: 6Satan6Archist6
I have often wonder the same thing along with wondering why there is no channel on tv called WET. Black people have BET, women have Lifetime, Mexicans have Telemundo, gays have Bravo etc. Furthermore, why isn't there a straight pride parade?

If WET existed, would you watch it? For me personally it would only be of interest if its focus were related to the adjective its acronym coincidentally spells out. A channel dedicated to things that are wet has some pleasant possibilities.

Being white just doesn't interest me, and certainly doesn't stroke my vanity, since I've met the average white guy too many times to think whiteness conveys anything to be vain about.

If we get more specific, and speak of Italians, well, I delight in the food. I have Italian family members whom I treasure, but my favorites, my second cousins, are half Irish through that highly effective gene mixer known as marriage. My other favorites are gay, which brings me to the notion of straight enthusiast parades, or STEP, to coin a fun acronym. Would you march in one if it existed? Here again, I've met the average straight guy too many times to think straightness conveys anything to be vain about, and I've met the average straight woman too many times to think straightness conveys unique sex appeal. Frankly, I tend to be attracted to women who eventually come out as bisexual.

Oh, I almost forgot, my other favorite family members are half German, due to my own scientific experiment in gene mixing.

My path to vanity is through Satanism, which hardly lends itself to parades or TV channels, but in fact tends to repudiate both, due to their tendency to promote herd conformity, which some of us identify as a Satanic sin.

Gay pride parades have a purpose. They are a loud fuck you to any who would try to squelch the self-expression of the gay person. They are also a clear warning to any coward who thinks a gay person might be so isolated as to make easy prey.

Ethnic pride parades have precisely the same purpose in their original impulse.

The logic of both presupposes minority status. Majorities have no reason to fear the squelching of their self-expression or the cowardly targeting of individuals as prey due to an assumption of isolation.

Page 1 of 6 12345>Last »

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.028 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.