Page 10 of 30 « First<89101112>Last »
Topic Options
#40483 - 07/19/10 11:38 AM Re: What are you reading right now? [Re: Damis]
ceruleansteel Offline

Loc: Behind you
I'm currently reading children's stories in German...because I suck at composing a sentence that doesn't make me sound/read like a two year old and children's books are an easy way to become more familiar with proper structure and conjugation.
#40485 - 07/19/10 12:22 PM Re: What are you reading right now? [Re: ceruleansteel]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

Vor einem großen Walde wohnte ein armer Holzhacker mit seiner Frau und seinen zwei Kindern; das Bübchen hieß Hänsel und das Mädchen Gretel.

I'm more into e-books than normal books lately.

Reading: The Church of Satan by Michael A. Aquino, some satanic magazines in pdf form and The history of the Devil by Paul Carus. The last real book I read was No Angel by Jay Dobyns.

D.

#40510 - 07/19/10 05:23 PM Re: What are you reading right now? [Re: Diavolo]
Knievel74 Offline

Loc: NY
I'm currently re-reading The Three Musketeers. If anyone hasn't read it, it's a great book. I haven't met anyone who's read it and didn't wish they could be D'Artagnan.

I'm also trying to finish Might Is Right, when I have the time. I'm not crazy about some of the ani-semitic statements, but looking past them, I think it's an interesting read.

#40578 - 07/20/10 10:09 PM Re: What are you reading right now? [Re: Knievel74]
Manticore551 Offline
lurker

American Gods by Neil Gaiman
#40603 - 07/21/10 03:42 AM Re: What are you reading right now? [Re: Manticore551]
TV is God Moderator Offline

Loc: The Cornhole
Having put Atlas Shrugged down halfway through a while back (I love her writing style but damn it cab get just so repetitive) I felt the urge to pick it back up again but found that I must have it stored in another state. So I went to the library and, on high recommendation from Draculesti, picked up the Fountainhead. Lets hope I get through this one.
#40908 - 07/27/10 10:59 PM Re: What are you reading right now? [Re: TV is God]
MatthewJ1
Unregistered

I am slowly making my way back into Edmund Husserl.

I am reading two books at the moment - a book by Paul Ricoeur on Husserl's work, which came out through Northwestern University some time ago. I am also reading The Cambridge Companion to Husserl, which is a series of essays by different writers.

I want to really nail these introdcutions down and then move back into Cartesian Meditations and the Ideas by Husserl himself.

I read these works years ago, but had a limted understanding of them to be honest.

I very much like the idea of a rigorous science of consciousness which acts as a sort of first foundation upon which the sciences and other domains of knowledge are based. I have to admit that at times I am Cartesian minded.

I hope to present some posts on my reading which I hope will interesting.

#40935 - 07/28/10 01:59 PM Re: What are you reading right now? [Re: ]
Autodidact Offline

Originally Posted By: MatthewJ1

I hope to present some posts on my reading which I hope will interesting.

I look forward to these - I enjoy your posts, and do not have enough time to do all the reading I would like.

#40968 - 07/28/10 09:28 PM Re: What are you reading right now? [Re: Autodidact]
DharcDB Offline
stranger

Loc: Florida
I just got finished reading "To Kill A Mockingbird" and "A Separate Peace". They were school summer reading assignments. To Kill A Mockingbird was okay, the symbolism was nice. A Separate Peace, to be honest, was in my opinion a tedious, horrible read.

Books I want to Read:
Five Classics (Five ancient Chinese books used by Confucianism)
Qur'an (Islam's holy book)
Tao Te Ching/Dao De Jing (Chinese classic text for Taoism/Daoism)
Vedas (oldest Hindu scriptures)

If you cannot tell, I'm interested in studying religioins. My world religions class should help me learn about other religions this school year.

#41902 - 08/13/10 11:33 PM Re: What are you reading right now? [Re: Zoid]
Satan's Mistress Offline
stranger

Loc: United States
Right now,I am reading
Sarah Rayne:"A Dark Dividing" .
Beatrice Sparks:"It Happened To Nancy" .

Both books are good,but I much prefer "A Dark Dividing" .

#41975 - 08/16/10 05:38 PM Re: What are you reading right now? [Re: Satan's Mistress]
Draculesti Offline
Impaler

Loc: Rockville, Maryland
I'm currently reading:

Goddess of the Market: Ayn Rand and the American Right, a new Rand biography by Jennifer Burns. I've never read a biography of her before, so I'm enjoying this quite a lot.

I'm reading this on the heels of Rand's The Virtue of Selfishness.

Homo Homini Lupus

#41984 - 08/17/10 05:10 AM Re: What are you reading right now? [Re: DharcDB]
TheInsane Offline

I just went back reading parts of Göran Häggs Mussolini biography called En studie i makt (a study of power). The story fascinates me how someone who made all the rights could suddenly do all wrongs and how he ended murdered and only as a puppet for Hitler. He had it all and lost it all.

I also currently listen to Herman Hesses Siddharta. I havent gotten very far yet but I do enjoy it.

Originally Posted By: DharcDB

Tao Te Ching/Dao De Jing (Chinese classic text for Taoism/Daoism)

I love the Tao Te Ching. Its very abstract but beautiful and contains alot of wisdom. \:\)

#42014 - 08/18/10 01:25 AM Re: What are you reading right now? [Re: TheInsane]
Duende Offline
pledge

Loc: USA

I'm currently reading _Introduction to Magic:Rituals and Practical Techniques for the Magus_ by Julius Evola and the UR Group. A rereading of John Fowle's _The Magus_ is up next.

Duende

#42033 - 08/18/10 04:24 PM Re: What are you reading right now? [Re: Duende]
TV is God Moderator Offline

Loc: The Cornhole
Finished the Fountainhead. Loved it.

I've started Steven Pinker's The Blank Slate: The Modern Denial of Human Nature.
Gathering some much more informed ideas about the brain to replace my inaccurate ones.

Edited by TV is God (08/18/10 04:24 PM)

#42048 - 08/19/10 04:42 AM Re: What are you reading right now? [Re: Zoid]
wormholetheory Offline
stranger

I am a little over halfway reading a science fiction novel called " Dune " by Frank Herbert. It has been around for awhile and a friend of mine recommended that I read it. I am soon to buy the other books that are in companion to it such as Children of Dune and Heretics of Dune. I might even make a thing of reading the entire Dune series, and other works related to Dune by Kevin J. Anderson and Frank Herberts son, Brian Herbert.

I find it a great science fiction novel to that of the likes of The Lord of the Rings and Star Wars. I know LOTR is not sci fi, but the stories are just as complex with language, culture and folklore within the stories themselves.

#42052 - 08/19/10 09:34 AM Re: What are you reading right now? [Re: wormholetheory]
Lamar Offline

Loc: Alabama
I am currently reading the Luciferian Goetia. Just completed the Bible of the Adversary to understand a little better of Luciferian ritual foundation. I'm studying the aspects of the ritual, I'm endeavoring to undergo a working with Asmodeus.
Page 10 of 30 « First<89101112>Last »

Moderator:  TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.026 seconds of which 0 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.