Page 14 of 30 « First<1213141516>Last »
Topic Options
#49843 - 02/26/11 09:59 AM Re: What are you reading right now? [Re: TheInsane]
Hegesias Offline

How to the objectives of these seemingly opposite philosophies work, well Traditional Satanism is naturalistic and anti-cosmic Satanism isolates the consciousness from the laws of nature. The realisation is fulfilled and preserved by it's opposite. An objective is met.

I don't talk/ write in conformity to what's been established as contemporary. I cut the shit and tell you the object as I see it. The objective is to flood the demiurgos illusions with Chaos, how does this apply to a human?, Abyss/ unconscious mind, consciousness/ ego/ light... a certain bastard demiurge. Fit the pieces together.

Mate, check that anti-cosmic Satanism thread (somebody made one), I posted a few personal understandings on there that may clear away some abstraction. I can't speak for others nihilist paradigms or explain the holographic universe theory or the eleventh dimensional shadow universe without the laws of physics on here. Why? Because I can't be bothered. Find out online.

Why all these unnecessary traditions, deities, blah, they are all flag poles set up in the psyche to guide your descent. Basically it's all abstraction. Why? because this is a way to order it all in your mind as a means to the objective.

Why are all these traditions linked together? Existential nihilism as psychological state actively sought out by design is for some called Chaos-Gnosticism.

I'm nihilistic, always have been, I saw and polarised what I saw beneath the philosophy.

#49968 - 02/26/11 11:13 PM Re: What are you reading right now? [Re: Autodidact]
Hegesias Offline

That's interesting. I often teach people how to really read food labels because they may be looking at the writing on the front of tins and packets (low fat is no indication of anything, it could still have over 250 calories in half a serving for instance). Sometimes they don't know what's inside and what it'll do for them if anything beneficial at all. Even reading the nutritional label on the backs of packs is no good unless you know what it all stands for. Reading your food labels correctly is one of the most important and simple things you can apply to be healthier. For instance, don't get anything that says, low fat, get 'non fat' whenever you can because low in fat means nothing to nutritional content.

#50032 - 02/27/11 06:03 PM Re: What are you reading right now? [Re: Hegesias]
TheInsane Offline

Sorry for the one-liner but you didn's answer any of the questions presented to you.

How about answering things in a concrete manner instead of tripping around the subject all the time? My questions still stand and they can be read in my previous posts in this very thread.

#50038 - 02/27/11 06:49 PM Re: What are you reading right now? [Re: Hegesias]
Woland Moderator Offline
Seasoned

Loc: Oslo, Norway
Dear Mr. Hegesias

I will participate in your monologue.
This time; shortly, later (if necessary); in a more lengthy fashion.

Originally Posted By: Hegesias
Odinism is a worship of the Aesir correct?

Far from it.
Odinism is more like the worship of a cast-away toenail scrap possibly belonging to one of the Aesir.

Odin is the bastard demiurge

Close. I object to the bastard comment though...

Compare Baldr and Tyr with Jesus the savior of the paradise. They have nothing to do with the dark gods and satan; they are the light.

Can't really fathom the reasoning behind placing Balder and Tyr in the same field.
They do not play in the same league, in fact; not even in remotely connected sports.

The Nazarenes stole many other attributes from sundry religions. Hell is taken from the Old Norse underworld called Hel.

Well, in the semantic dimension the words seems to be quite similar don't they?
The existential reality (pardon my French) of the two locations are quite the opposite of eachother.

The foolish demiurge (the light of creation) is the negative and weak, and Satan is the positive and strong, highest principle of Chaos. Surtr (Satan), Loki (Lucifer), Gullveig (Lilith/ Hecate), Fenrir the black wolf and Jormungand the serpent who rise at Ragnarok who ensnare the bastard demiurge creation. They are archetypes wrought from the dark wrathful anti-cosmic Chaos.

And here we go...
The Names you throw around are not in any way chaotic beings, they are deeply systematical and ordered.
They are not in any way anti-cosmic, they are (along with others) the definition of cosmos.

My friend; you got a small square and a huge circle, and however vigorously you pound the metal, they will simply not fit eachother.
Do you not find that you might belittle the aforementioned system of thought, as well as its godhoods/archetypes, by fitting them so seemlessly into an understanding, which to my simple mind seems quite stuck in the patterns of thought you so tirelessly and continiously attack?

I am not fond of words like Nazareean or Magian, as they are loaded, indistinctive and not to mention abstract (the Horror, the Horror) terms which many individuals tend to abuse (mainly out of differences when it comes to definition).
But; there is a certain odour hanging around...

Create your own mythology, project what you will into it, but believe me; there is more to Northern traditions and cultus than the Readers Digest version...

There is beauty, terrible beauty.
And I'm just scratching the surface.

Woland

Contra Mundum!

#50046 - 02/27/11 07:47 PM Re: What are you reading right now? [Re: TheInsane]
Hegesias Offline

And please be concrete instead of wrapping your post in all that mumbo-jumbo (that most sympathizers of the 218 crowd seems to be so good at).[sic]

Who is good at what exactly? pseudo intellectualism? embellishment? What I am good at is embellishing a point toward it's simplicity, to make simple the concept of existential nihilism and the acausal to get the full force of the philosophy across, sometimes in metaphorical format, with archetypes and figures being flag poles of guidance for thought pertaining to the philosophical object rather than anything fundamentally or theologically contemporary. Historically we see that many sundry traditions have room in their cultures to make the correlations/ connotations with what is the anti cosmic current and the dark subconsciousness mind of man. It is proven that such a contextual format as story or metaphor will be more efficiently remembered and ordered in the mind of some individuals.

You may present in context, a paragraph of what is 'mumbo-jumbo' in what I have written because I certainly will not be 100% perfect as I had no formal education at all yet I am fully aware of all wordings and their meanings in contextual relevance, I assure you I am fluent in the English language but words which don't appear in the dictionary come to mind when mundane accusations such as yours are made. I shall explain it to you if you do so wish because there is nothing grammatically inappropriate here except my punctuation. Although self explanatory, some degree of metaphor is used and obviously this has been something which has been conceptualised far from the object.

In further regards to the rather odd accusation, with no proof or example of what does not make sense in what I have written personally and comparing me to a strawman you have personally built from your misunderstanding of what is 'anti-cosmic philosophy'. All we see is misconception from a literal mindset that is convinced that all must conform to. I do not mean to be rude but I will deliberately stultify accusations which obscure the logical argument and accentuate abstraction.

Two or more things that are not alike in abstract ways but may be shown to be very similar in one important way. I have no interest in fundamentally recognised deities such as Kali and Pan, to me these sundry deities are recognised for what they represent all being the the same thing, their dark acausal aspects. To be strongly visualised/ manifest in the psyche of the individual I'd not recommend anything flaccid or otherwise related to the gods of light/ the demiurgos, the idea of the world/ self that is the Ego, the deities/ archetypes could be called 'Emperor Bush' and 'The Wrathful Pharaoh Obama' for all I care, but the connotations with dark acausal aspects would be rather vague and fallacious at best having nothing to do with any real link to culture or the anti cosmic current because such sundries would have no connotations with.

In this we see that the anti cosmic tradition may or may not be in all sundry traditions but that it is within Old Norse and Sumerian lores among others (I have explained Pan/ Loki in part, and Kali I do not use yet) that I wish to further study her aspects which I am considering there will be dark acausal aspect ties and connotations with Hecate/ Moirae/ Gullveig/ Hel. Baphomet the Dark Sinister feminae archetype in English Satanism Tradition. I'm not a professional theological scholar, I scholar one thing more than others though and that is 'nihilism'. Apart from Traditional roots, I'm the urban black magician and the existential nihilist by design. I make my best efforts to scholar Old Norse Lore right now, I am not a jack of all trades.

Anti-cosmic philosophy has an objective and if you cannot conceptualise this then continue to make mundane accusations insinuating that I have been insubstantial based upon literal fundamentalist bias. I will stultify such fallacious claims. I will not trail of into the abstraction/ suggestions of others doing so.

Maybe you ought to think for one solitary moment that you may have not recognised the psychological implications and applications of what is the anti cosmic Luciferianism/ Satanism' philosophical objectives?

This is a book discussion forum and I have explained the PanParadox book briefly in a short book review on this thread, this is not a theology debate. The book is linking sundry traditions to what is the dark subconsciousness and I do not wish to condone nor suggest criminal activity on this forum so I cannot disclose any more. You must actually buy the books if you want to make a rational debate about aforementioned content.

#50055 - 02/27/11 09:03 PM Re: What are you reading right now? [Re: Woland]
Hegesias Offline

Ask yourself: Aren't my own projects, desires and meanings I alone create enough? Why do I need a grand cosmic meaning to live life?

Existentialism affirms existence regardless of the lack of meaning to ones life and leads us to create our own meanings for our existence.

Nihilism denies existence because the lack of meaning to life is the death of its value. Extrinsic meaning, for me, is an insufficient substitute for intrinsic meaning.

Hegesias.

#50083 - 02/28/11 03:21 AM Re: What are you reading right now? [Re: Hegesias]
TheInsane Offline

Sorry for being terribly off topic. an admin or a moderator could perhaps split this discussion into a new thread?

In further regards to the rather odd accusation, with no proof or example of what does not make sense in what I have written personally and comparing me to a strawman you have personally built from your misunderstanding of what is 'anti-cosmic philosophy'. All we see is misconception from a literal mindset that is convinced that all must conform to. I do not mean to be rude but I will deliberately stultify accusations which obscure the logical argument and accentuate abstraction.

I do not think I have a misunderstanding of so called anti-cosmic Satanism. I have read their material from the laughable beginnings of the MLO to the more refined stuff they put out today. Obviously you have come to appreciate it whileI donít. Its not a matter of inaccurate interpretations but that we are different. Simple as that. What that difference is can be discussed however.

But the problem is that you still write a long ass post and basically wont answer any of the questions. The main question being how or why you (and other 218'er) so stubbornly try to fuse systems together that are so obviously different in the very ground premises. Anti-cosmic Satanism is strongly dualistic - and I dont think you can make any case that it isnt. The other traditions and mythologies you mention here are however non-dualistic in nature (the old norse, the vamachara tantra and the old mythology of which Pan is a part). Sure they deal with chaos and order but the basic premise is a non-dual description of the universe when your worldview is hardcore dualist.

Again, how and why do you connect these traditions that really are oppisite of what you really believe in?

Personally I think it is a way to try to ride the coat-tails of existing paradigms but trying to shape it your way even though it makes no sense. Its like the very common thought that is its old it contains wisdom and truth but if its new its mumbo-jumbo (which is why people are more likely to believe in ancient religious ideas that recent ones). I had this debate in Swedish a few months back with someone who tried to connect Thelema and Anti-cosmic Satanism - again a non-dual and a hardcore dualist system. He couldnt answer me either and basically fled the scene by saying "if you cant figure it out I wont help you" (which of course is a nice way of saying that HE couldnt answer MY questions). Needless to say he stopped discussing this with others as well and just disappeared. Coincidence? Probably not.

Edited by TheInsane (02/28/11 03:21 AM)

#50087 - 02/28/11 04:48 AM Re: What are you reading right now? [Re: Hegesias]
Woland Moderator Offline
Seasoned

Ask yourself: Aren't my own projects, desires and meanings I alone create enough? Why do I need a grand cosmic meaning to live life?

Of course you do not need a grand cosmic meaning to live life.
On a smaller scale; maybe you do?

When harvesting theo-philosophical scraps; you would do well to look closely at said scraps, maybe even check for infections?

Existentialism affirms existence regardless of the lack of meaning to ones life and leads us to create our own meanings for our existence.

Goes without saying.
But as I see it; there is ample meaning in pure existence, without succumbing to enhancement, copyism and fixation, wherein the real danger lies.

Nihilism denies existence because the lack of meaning to life is the death of its value. Extrinsic meaning, for me, is an insufficient substitute for intrinsic meaning.

Masturbation, my dear Hegesias.
Extrincic, intrinsic; defining what is what rests in your own personal and individual lap.

Woland

Contra Mundum!

#50348 - 03/02/11 05:43 PM Re: What are you reading right now? [Re: Zoid]
humanAreSlime Offline
stranger

Loc: Ohio
Currently I'm reading Twisted Roots by V.C. Andrews. And of course some stuff on quantum physics.

#50350 - 03/02/11 05:48 PM Re: What are you reading right now? [Re: humanAreSlime]
Autodidact Offline

Originally Posted By: humanAreSlime
Currently I'm reading Twisted Roots by V.C. Andrews.

Let me guess - five kids stuck in a basement.

Sorry, couldn't resist

#50365 - 03/02/11 09:20 PM Re: What are you reading right now? [Re: Autodidact]
humanAreSlime Offline
stranger

Loc: Ohio
no, an overly emo chick. But I just love V.C. Andrews. Her writing style is brilliant.

#50382 - 03/03/11 02:54 AM Re: What are you reading right now? [Re: humanAreSlime]
Woland Moderator Offline
Seasoned

Sitting on a train, on my way AWAY from coastal territories...
(Not a pleasant thought; I know...)

Aim to seek some comfort by fishing a certain book out of my spartan luggage;

"The Duke of Bedfords Book of Snobs".

Gonna be GRAND!

Woland

Contra Mundum!

#50406 - 03/03/11 03:57 PM Re: What are you reading right now? [Re: Woland]
TheInsane Offline

I almost never read fiction and pretty much only read philosophical, religious, science or political books. However recently I went from the heavy books to the most light weight you can imagine. I recently picked up drawing again. I havent really done it since I was 10 years old or so. Back then I was hugely influenced by super heroes so I recently decided to check out some of the classics.

I just finished "Batman: Year One" and I will continue with "The dark knight returns" and "Watchmen". Its so alien to what I usually read but I do enjoy it. It brings back childhood memories and I try to learn from studying the graphics.

#50413 - 03/03/11 08:01 PM Re: What are you reading right now? [Re: Zoid]
Damis Offline
pledge

Loc: England
Reading has been something that I have been gravely neglecting as of late. So I decided to set things in motion again by investing in one of those Amazon Kindles, they hold about 3,500 books and use a special 'E-Ink' display which makes for easy reading and no eye strain. I've been reading a few public domain items to start off with, I expect that I'll look for some decently priced ones in the near future, my recent reading has consisted of:

1) Utilitarianism by John Stuart Mill (Later in life he went through a major change in ideas and had a rather big impact on ideologies like Libertarianism particularly when it comes to individuality and economics, Ayn Rand's economics are nearly identical from the comparison I did. But this work in general apart from a few nice sound bites is a pile of altruistic collectivist shit).

2)The Communist Manifesto by Karl Marx and Friedrich Engels. (Short but it offers a very good insight into Marxist theory and the emphasis upon the socio-economic relations that form the backbone of the classical Marxist strand).

3) The Prince by Nicolo Machiavelli. It will be interesting to see how I can implement his ideas of managing people within principalities in a modern context of the workplace or group based relations.

4) Leviathan by Thomas Hobbes. This is my current reading, I haven't read enough to form an opinion on it yet.

#50431 - 03/04/11 02:42 PM Re: What are you reading right now? [Re: Damis]
Assia Offline
stranger

I am currently reading "the evolution of god" by Robert Wright. Very good book. A treat for the Atheist and a feast for me.

Page 14 of 30 « First<1213141516>Last »

Moderator:  TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.032 seconds of which 0.005 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.