Page 29 of 30 « First<2627282930>
Topic Options
#101318 - 07/01/15 08:52 AM Re: What are you reading right now? [Re: Massarus]
Blood Cleric Offline
stranger

Loc: California
The Black Rites of Lucifer by Carl Nagel

Just ordered: Hands-On Chaos Magic: Reality Manipulation through the Ovayki Current by Andrieh Vitimus.

#101319 - 07/01/15 09:22 AM Re: What are you reading right now? [Re: Blood Cleric]
CanisMachina42 Offline
veteran member

Loc: Ca
The most Satanic things EVER. Because everybody is only allowed to read literature that signifies that they are deeply interested in the subject matter.

I don't think I have ever made it through a complete book, I lose focus. Wikipedia pages can be easier read within that 17 minute attention span.
11:56 PM July, 1st 2019
Wrote Signature

#101368 - 07/03/15 12:05 PM Re: What are you reading right now? [Re: CanisMachina42]
Satanic Princess Offline

Loc: New Zealand
Anything by an author named Paul B. Kidd.
He writes non-fiction on criminal (mainly murder) psychology. It's very interesting and he's an exceptionally good writer. I'm currently re-reading (for probably the millionth time "Australia's Most Evil Women" about female serial killers. I'm about to start "Australia's Serial Killers" which I haven't read yet.
I like learning about "dysfunctional" people and what makes them tick.

I plan to live forever.... so far, so good! \:\)

#101375 - 07/04/15 01:58 AM Re: What are you reading right now? [Re: Satanic Princess]
RottenBioHazard Offline
lurker

Currently going back through my Edward Lee collection. He is a writer i have grown rather fond of over the years. Edward Lee is also of a Lovecraftian bent, and within a few of his stories HP plays a pivotal role in the story telling.
#101390 - 07/05/15 02:32 PM Re: What are you reading right now? [Re: RottenBioHazard]
TV is God Moderator Offline

Loc: The Cornhole
After diving into William Gibson and Philip K. Dick I'm trying to get to the science fiction classics. Right now that means 1984 and Fahrenheit 451.

I also just finished rereading Have A Nice Day: A Tale of Blood and Sweatsocks. It's the autobiography of pro-wrestler Mick Foley. Forget anything you may assume about wrestlers or what their books might look like. This is the story of a truly nice, loving, and intelligent guy with a dark masochistic side he harnesses to entertain. A stage is a place for insanity.
You might see it in this smile.

(That's a tooth sticking out of his nose by the way)

#101391 - 07/05/15 03:14 PM Re: What are you reading right now? [Re: TV is God]
antikarmatomic Offline
BANNED
stalker

Loc: El Mundo
heh, the tilde is an interesting creature. It can obfuscate if you don't know about it, and it can reveal directories. The tilde giveth and the tilde taketh away.

Holy fuck, though, a tooth! through the nose! The guy seems far too happy about that particular situation.

Book-wise... a funny in-joke I heard between sci-fi fans regarding Philip K: "Who *doesn't* like some Dick every now and again?"

#101432 - 07/09/15 07:11 AM Re: What are you reading right now? [Re: CanisMachina42]
Blood Cleric Offline
stranger

Loc: California
Meh...more Luciferian but it was a gift for my gf she's way into Luciferianism... me not so much but its not that long of a book to be honest just blasphemy writings or dark psalms. Yeah but Chaos Magick speaks to my nature, way too eclectic for most fixations within the occult. Plus I like occult books dealing with the psche rather than theistic pantheons overall.

But as far as attention span I'm kinda right there with you... will finish a long book (300-500 pages) only if I'm hooked. Since my favorite writer is Hp Lovecraft that should say alot about how long I can keep focus.

I have a greater fondness for poetry though...

#102438 - 08/25/15 12:40 PM Re: What are you reading right now? [Re: ceruleansteel]
Kaos13 Offline
lurker

I just finished "The Virtue of Selfishness" by Ayn Rand, and "The Devil's Notebook" by of course founder Anton LaVey. The essays that he wrote in this book were amazing. At the moment I'm reading "The Satanic Rituals". "The Satanic Bible" I read almost weekly just for the enjoyment of study. I've still yet to finish "Might is Right", however, Fredrick Nietzsche is a great writer. After I finish that one I'm going to read "Daybreak".
#103406 - 10/14/15 06:50 PM Re: What are you reading right now? [Re: Kaos13]
Friend of zoogs Offline
pledge

Loc: MN
just finished "Black Sun; Aryan Cults, Esoteric Nazism, and the politics of Identity" by Nicholas Goodrick-Clarke

Very interesting ideas about how a person insulates themselves from a changing world, that seems threatening to them.

#103516 - 10/22/15 03:18 AM Re: What are you reading right now? [Re: Friend of zoogs]
Tesseract Offline

Loc: United States
ďA People's History of the United StatesĒ by Howard Zinn. If the former governor of Indiana tried to get the book banned from any state-funded institutions itís almost certainly worth checking out.
#103568 - 10/25/15 07:03 PM Re: What are you reading right now? [Re: Friend of zoogs]
BaronVonShankly Offline

Loc: London
 Originally Posted By: Friend of zoogs
just finished "Black Sun; Aryan Cults, Esoteric Nazism, and the politics of Identity" by Nicholas Goodrick-Clarke

Very interesting ideas about how a person insulates themselves from a changing world, that seems threatening to them.

I read that recently, it was an interesting read. It came up as a recommended read after another book I had bought on amazon.

#104046 - 11/24/15 05:04 AM Re: What are you reading right now? [Re: BaronVonShankly]
MrsRiverSong Offline
stranger

Loc: UK
I'm currently reading A symphony of Echo's by Jodi Taylor, it's the second in a series of bovid about a woman called max who works for St Mary's a company that goes back in time to record historical events. They're very funny, I listen to the audio book versions and the narrator really brings the story to life.

#104064 - 11/24/15 08:03 PM Re: What are you reading right now? [Re: MrsRiverSong]
Daniel_pockets Offline
stranger

I'm reading a lot of Christian stuff right now. I'm reading all I can about Valentinian Gnosticism, the epistle of Barnabas and the other writings of Ignatius of Antioch. I'm studying the books of the Maccabees because somebody I know pointed out a connection with Greek history. I'm also trying to read some classical Russian literature, Anna Karenina and The Brother's Karamazov.

#104215 - 12/05/15 05:32 PM Re: What are you reading right now? [Re: Daniel_pockets]
Unknown Satanist Offline
stranger

Loc: Australia
Neonomicon by Alan Moore, it's the graphic novel sequel to The Courtyard. Alan Moore takes on H.P Lovecraft. Probably my favourite comic.
#105522 - 02/13/16 02:57 PM Re: What are you reading right now? [Re: Unknown Satanist]
Carcosa Offline
stranger

Loc: Chicago
In Defense of Elitism by William A. Henry III

from the back cover:
"A passionate yet reasoned argument for the proposition that some people simply contribute more to society than others."

Page 29 of 30 « First<2627282930>

Moderator:  TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.031 seconds of which 0.014 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.