Page 5 of 30 « First<34567>Last »
Topic Options
#22866 - 04/03/09 10:03 PM Re: What are you reading right now? [Re: ceruleansteel]
Lucius600 Offline
stranger

Loc: USA
Dr.Jean Shinoda Bolen is one of my idols.If you have read any of her books,please let me know and we can talk.

#22868 - 04/03/09 10:25 PM Re: What are you reading right now? [Re: 97and107]
Lucius600 Offline
stranger

Hitler was obsessed with Wagner,not Nietzsche.I doubt Hitler even read one of nietzsche's books as I believe they were banned during the nazi regime-certainly they were censored.Christians may not like Nietzsche,but from what I understand,he didn't live anything but a 'moral' life,in spite of his claims at being an 'immoralist'.Nietzsche is hated by christians because he specifically rejected/attacked christianity as a moral code,saying:"Morality is herd instinct in the individual."And while there are many parallels between Nietzsche's Master morality and Satanism, Nietzsche,however brilliant a philosopher was no satanist.

Edited by Lucius600 (04/03/09 10:27 PM)

#22871 - 04/03/09 10:48 PM Re: What are you reading right now? [Re: cheryablinsk70]
Lucius600 Offline
stranger

Like I told 97and107,I doubt Hitler even read Nietzsche.He was a fanatic disciple of Richard Wagner's-NOT Friedrich Nietzsche's.Hiter's eugenics policies probably stem from his relationship with german biologist Ernest haeckel.They both were interested in the ancient Spartans."Among the Spartans all newly born children were subject to a careful examination and selection.All those that were weak,sickly or affected with bodily infirmity were killed.Only the Perfectly healthy and strong were allowed to live,and they alone afterwards propagated the race."-Ernst Haeckel,father of german ecology,The History of Creation.

#22872 - 04/03/09 10:51 PM Re: What are you reading right now? [Re: Lucius600]
fakepropht Moderator Offline
Big Slick

Loc: Texas
This is a thread for "What you are currently reading", not a discussion of Hitler and Nietzche. If you would like to discuss them and their influences on each other and such, take it to another section and start a new thread. Morgan was right.

#22901 - 04/04/09 04:27 PM Re: What are you reading right now? [Re: fakepropht]
cheryablinsk70 Offline
stranger

Yesterday I picked up a copy of Machiavelli's "The Prince". It's pretty interesting so far, and it seems to live up to its reputation as one of the definitive works on autocracy.

Anybody else reading any Machiavelli?

#22904 - 04/04/09 04:41 PM Re: What are you reading right now? [Re: fakepropht]
Lucius600 Offline
stranger

Morgan was right absolutely,but I didn't start this discussion.I was simply stating what HITLER was or wasn't reading in regards to what had been previously posted,and it wasn't Nietzsche unless someone knows otherwise.

#22962 - 04/05/09 03:51 PM Re: What are you reading right now? [Re: cheryablinsk70]
JudgeFudge Offline
stranger

Loc: Hills of Appalachia.
I've been reading the following,...

-The Pocket Pema Chödrön by Pema Chödrön.
-Fragments of an Anarchist Anthropology by David Graeber.
-Welcome to the Desert of the Real by Slavoj Žižek.
-Marijuana Botany by Clarke.

I want to get the 70 stanzas on Emptiness by Nagarjuna or Wages of Destruction by Adam Tooze, next.

#22994 - 04/05/09 11:42 PM Re: What are you reading right now? [Re: JudgeFudge]
cheryablinsk70 Offline
stranger

How is that David Graeber book? I've considered reading that, but I haven't heard much about it and I don't know anyone who's read it.
#23007 - 04/06/09 03:43 AM Re: What are you reading right now? [Re: Draculesti]
DREX Offline
stranger

i am currently reading:
The Satanic Bible
Might is Right

yeah im a noob

#23042 - 04/07/09 12:36 AM Re: What are you reading right now? [Re: cheryablinsk70]
JudgeFudge Offline
stranger

Loc: Hills of Appalachia.
 Originally Posted By: cheryablinsk70
How is that David Graeber book? I've considered reading that, but I haven't heard much about it and I don't know anyone who's read it.

Though I'm not finished with the book just yet it's interesting in it's implications and addresses the usual issues concerning the State, Anarchist praxis and so forth. While I think it's sightly leaning towards the left, it's useful, interesting and all that jazz for right leaning Anarchists as well.

A definite read. Here is an online verson;
http://www.prickly-paradigm.com/paradigm14.pdf

#23046 - 04/07/09 01:20 AM Re: What are you reading right now? [Re: JudgeFudge]
cheryablinsk70 Offline
stranger

Thanks. I'll definitely take a look at that. Should be interesting.
#23716 - 04/23/09 04:41 PM Re: What are you reading right now? [Re: cheryablinsk70]
icu4whatur Offline
stranger

I'm almost done with "Luciferian Witchcraft", and I could not wait to start "The Book of Thoth"... I do that a lot. I skim over the last bit of a book (especially if it's nonfiction) and pick something else up. LW is a fabulous book though. Highly recommended. I'm still waiting on my copy of "The Bible of the Adversary" to be delivered. Waiting sucks.

Nice nug JudgeFudge \:\)

#23724 - 04/23/09 07:14 PM Re: What are you reading right now? [Re: Zoid]
locuststar Offline
stranger

just finished reading desperation by stephen king,ive read most of his books and i gotta say it kicks ass! i recommend it to anybody thats a fan of king.best one of his ive read so far.deserts,abandoned small towns in the middle of nowere...what more can you ask for
#23731 - 04/23/09 09:50 PM Re: What are you reading right now? [Re: Zoid]
Draculesti Offline
Impaler

Loc: Rockville, Maryland
I just finished Georges Bataille's Blue of Noon

I have begun to read his Erotism: Death and Sensuality

I also recently finished Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell by Susanna Clarke. A good bit of fiction; it was a slow start, but it eventually turned out to be quite a good read.

Homo Homini Lupus

#23738 - 04/24/09 12:06 AM Re: What are you reading right now? [Re: Draculesti]
Bacchae Offline
Satan's White Trash Neighbor

Loc: los angeles
i have just finished a series of 10 Gene Wolfe books, and my brain hurts, so Im taking a break from concentrating and enjoying Jack Vance's The Dying Earth series. fun stuff, written in the 50's and still kicks ass.
Page 5 of 30 « First<34567>Last »

Moderator:  TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.032 seconds of which 0.004 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.