Page 1 of 4 1234>
Topic Options
#20445 - 02/15/09 10:53 AM Is Satan worshiped?
Faite Offline
stranger

As stupid as this question appears, I'm truly very confused. Is Satan worshiped in LeVeyan Satanism? Or is he more of a symbolic figure? Is this forum focused more on Atheism? Or is it diverse, much like Judaism, where there are those who worship god, and those who do not?

Again, sorry if I seem ignorant. I've been looking through the Satanic Bible, and have found little to explain this yet.

-Faite

Edited by Faite (02/15/09 11:02 AM)

#20447 - 02/15/09 11:09 AM Re: Is Satan worshiped? [Re: Faite]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

Quote:
Again, sorry if I seem ignorant.

Don't worry you don't SEEM.
You just are...

Quote:
I've been looking through the Satanic Bible, and have found little to explain this yet.

You mustn't look at the SB, you have to read and understand it.
If you don't get it read again.

#20448 - 02/15/09 11:14 AM Re: Is Satan worshiped? [Re: Dimitri]
Faite Offline
stranger

Thanks for the rude comments. I HAVE been reading it. I just want an answer.

-Faite

#20449 - 02/15/09 11:15 AM Re: Is Satan worshipped? [Re: Faite]
Paul Offline
stranger

Loc: Debyshire, England
Hi Faite.

First of all expect to get as may versions of this as you get replies.

First a contradiction in terms:- I am 100% an Atheist but I worship Satan.

The reason:- To me Satan is like an avatar for my subconscious.

Consciously the Princes of Hell can be seen as symbolic, embodying attributes you should aspire to.

The subconscious aspect comes into play during ritual magic. By abdicating the power in the ritual to an imaginary third party, your subconscious mind is freed of all restraint and any latent psychic ability you might have, is given full vent.

In TSB LaVey described the ritual as an intellectual decompression chamber. You leave your mundane self outside and give full vent to your fantasies/emotions inside.

I like to think of it as also being psychological slight of hand. You remove the constraints your conscious mind puts on your abilities by using the avatar, Satan.

Hope that helps a bit.

Paul

#20451 - 02/15/09 11:17 AM Re: Is Satan worshipped? [Re: Paul]
Faite Offline
stranger

Thanks Paul. Good answer. \:\)

I had a feeling I might get a variety of replies, but honestly that's expected from a question like this.

-Faite

#20452 - 02/15/09 11:21 AM Re: Is Satan worshiped? [Re: Faite]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

Originally Posted By: Faite

You're welcome, next time when you sound ignorant I'll give you a flower together with my rude comments.
Take my advice and read the SB again or any other littrature linked to LaVeyan Satanism before asking idiotic questions.

#20453 - 02/15/09 11:27 AM Re: Is Satan worshiped? [Re: Dimitri]
Faite Offline
stranger

Don't you think you're taking this a little far?

-Faite

#20454 - 02/15/09 11:29 AM Re: Is Satan worshiped? [Re: Faite]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

Originally Posted By: Faite
Don't you think you're taking this a little far?

Nope only advicing you as a newbie to learn to think.

#20455 - 02/15/09 11:57 AM Re: Is Satan worshiped? [Re: Dimitri]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Loc: Vancouver, Canada
It has been said that Satan demands study, not worship.

#20457 - 02/15/09 12:40 PM Re: Is Satan worshiped? [Re: Dan_Dread]
The Zebu Offline

Loc: Orlando, FL
I tend to think of it along the lines of that Satanists are supposed to EMULATE Satan, rather than worship "him". Imitation, after all, is the highest form of flattery. Worship is just pointless ass-kissing.

#20459 - 02/15/09 01:42 PM WTF [Re: Faite]
Ringmaster Offline

Loc: Salem Oregon
 Quote:

You only get what you deserve. And I've said it before and will say it again. Once you conquer the bridge of asses it will be clear to you. Just because you have been reading doesn't mean you have been accepting and understanding. This is what I think he was getting at but apparently it had to be translated into stupid for you to understand.

IF you think that people here will feed you information that you haven't earned then think again you are horribly wrong. You say that you want people to answer your questions, but these questions should be easy to answer on your own even with the source that you previously stated. If you are too stupid to realize then your bad no one is going to help you out when you show such ignorance.

It seems to me that you have much work to go to earn respect (atleast mine)

farewell ~RING~

#20461 - 02/15/09 02:05 PM Re: Is Satan worshiped? [Re: Faite]
Mike Offline

Loc: Farmingdale, NY
 Quote:
Is Satan worshiped in LeVeyan Satanism?

If you believe yousrself to be your god and identify your superego as "Satan", however he exists in your mind, then you are technically performing self-worship while in a way recognizing the fictional character Satan as a role-model so to speak. Instead of striving to be something you are not and will never be, you identify yourself with Satan and embrace what you are and will always be- a non-perfect emotional human being with more flaws than perfections who should live up to their potential in their current state. Satan as an idol is not worshiped, but the Satan representing humanity is what we aim for. We indulge in "sin" that brings gratification, we do what we feel is "right" and have our own ways of thinking and solving problems. We are independent and answer to no higher being worthy of worship (partly because one does not exist) and live by our own morals. For the Satanist there is none higher than oneself, therefore "worship" of any outside being is ridiculous to even consider to take part in. Even the idea of self-worship is different than it sounds. It is not regarding oneself as an almighty all-knowing being rather than it is recognizing that it is you and no other than is in charge of your life, thus you are your own god in the sense that the one who chooses where you end up is YOU.

Hope I could help. Good luck figuring everything else out on your own.

#20518 - 02/16/09 11:57 AM Re: Is Satan worshiped? [Re: Mike]
Faite Offline
stranger

You know, I think I understand this now. And yes, I was stupid I guess. :P

So, Satan is not God, but a being in our mind. We are the highest. So we strive to be individuals. I see. I'm guessing that most of you do not worship a god. I'm guessing, from what was said, that there is a mix of believers and non-believers (God-wise) here.

I honestly see humans as animals, who need to be themselves. I guess when I stop being stupid, I might very well have found a good path. Even so, I will keep researching.

Thanks everyone!

-Faite

#20521 - 02/16/09 12:58 PM Re: Is Satan worshiped? [Re: Faite]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

No, Satan is not a god, nor it it a "being in our mind". It is more of an ideological construct/metaphor. That may mean more to some than it does to others.

Worship is kind of a silly prospect. Being that I am my own god, mine own redeemer - I can't see worshipping anybody or anything. To truly exalt myself beyond on all others, even if only in my own mind, it would be counterproductive to bow in subservience. To quote some one who was better with words than I am: "It is far better to die on our feet, than to live on our knees" That may be taken a little out of context, but only to fit the discussion at hand and it is still relevant.

Self worship, that is an entirely different concept which will vary from person to person. There is someone who might have and alter built to themselves where at they burn candles or incense or what ever, and literally praise themselves. That may be bordering on a messiah complex, but to each their own as it were.

Then there are others who might undertake the worship of themselve in an entirely different manner. One might have a weekly ritual of taking an entire day for no one but themselves, perhaps on a boat with a six pack and fishing pole; and that might be how they worship themselves.

Perhaps you worship nothing at all, not even yourself. Perhaps by claiming the title of your own god you are essentialy saying that there is no higher power and you are the only one responsible for your life.

Is Satan worshipped? Probably. Is it a common practice in Satanism; particularly LaVeyan Satanism? That would ultimately depend on who you were talking to. I know that most Satanists, m ost real ones anyway, would say that Satan is not worshipped, not as a supernatural entity anyways. It isn't really rebellious to worship a figure that represents rebellion.

Keep in mind that there is a distinct difference between understanding and comprehending. That is to say - just because you understand what someone is saying, doesn't necessarily mean that you get it. Get it?

Also, there is a difference between stupidity and ignorance. Right now I would say that you are the latter. Right now you are just ignorant to the concept. Luckily there are ways to educate yourself on the subject. If you make a concious effort to learn, yet still some how can't get it through your skull - now THAT is stupidity.

#20524 - 02/16/09 02:25 PM Re: Is Satan worshiped? [Re: Faite]
fakepropht Moderator Offline
Big Slick

Loc: Texas
I stumbled across this article while doing some internet sufing. It's a good propogana peice from some ministry. It includes mentions of Charles Manson, Marylin Manson, Susan Atkins, Acquino, and others. Maybe this will help clear up the confusion.

Worship Satan

Page 1 of 4 1234>

Moderator:  SkaffenAmtiskaw, fakepropht, TV is God, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.027 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.