Page 2 of 4 <1234>
Topic Options
#20525 - 02/16/09 02:48 PM Re: Is Satan worshiped? [Re: Faite]
Mike Offline

Loc: Farmingdale, NY
 Quote:
You know, I think I understand this now. And yes, I was stupid I guess.

I don't mean to sound 'rude', but I don't think you understood me correctly. And if you think misunderstanding is equal to stupidity, then you are the actual definition of stupid. Not everyone understands Satanism as first. It takes a while, considering it is way more than the eye can see. In time you'll start to see things clearer and you'll get a better grasp of the different aspects of Satanism, but for now just focus on understanding the basic principles of the Satanic Bible. It is clear (to me at least) what the stance is on worship in the Satanic Bible. Maybe reading it over again a few times will do you some good.

Quote:
I'm guessing that most of you do not worship a god. I'm guessing, from what was said, that there is a mix of believers and non-believers (God-wise) here.

Satanists do not worship a god of any sort. The only mix here when it comes to believing in or not believing in a god (gods) is between "traditional satanists" and "modern satanists". In reality, they are both the same and hold many of the same principles, although if you ask me modern Satanists have a better understanding of exactly what the true nature of this Satan figure actually is. Whether you believe in Satan as a being or a work of your imagination, he is still something that lives within you. God is a force from within, not from without. Remember that.

Quote:

I honestly see humans as animals, who need to be themselves. I guess when I stop being stupid, I might very well have found a good path. Even so, I will keep researching.

Thanks everyone!

When it comes to Satanism, you are never finished researching. Think of it this way, if the universe is infinite, how is it possible to know everything? If new things are constantly coming about it's impossible to know an infinite amount of information, especially since the human mind can only understand so much. Whether you're aware of it or not, you're constantly searching for answers. That's part of our human nature. My advice to you is to start making the connections between different things you learn until it all makes sense.

#20549 - 02/17/09 12:10 AM Re: Is Satan worshiped? [Re: fakepropht]
daevid777 Offline

Loc: Hell's Pisshole, Texas
"For starters, never trust a Satanist."

That one was nice... I don't think that cleared up any confusion, though Fakepropht...

Otherwise, Faite, you could subscribe to Mike's "Satanic Qabala For Dummies"... which, I have to admit... has a nice "ring" to it.

Good hunting.

#20551 - 02/17/09 12:18 AM Re: Is Satan worshiped? [Re: daevid777]
fakepropht Moderator Offline
Big Slick

Loc: Texas
Precisely my point. And to highlight the article. There's a lot of choice gems in there to pick at. I liked the cop's quote about investigating hundreds of crimes (or murders?) and TSB was always present. Satanic Panic!!!!

#20557 - 02/17/09 12:52 AM Re: Is Satan worshiped? [Re: fakepropht]
daevid777 Offline

\:D You's a funny man!

There's another one they have, I think on Marilyn Manson... I read it a while back... it is interesting reading, though.

Satanic Panic, indeed!

#20558 - 02/17/09 12:54 AM Re: Is Satan worshiped? [Re: fakepropht]
Linaka113 Offline

Loc: East Bay 510 CA
Hey Faite,

First of all I agree with all the members comments on this post.It is a must to read the Satanic Bible a few times. Dont be sensitive with what the response's is from your post. To be a Santanist you must have thick skin. If you dont have thick skin then this is not the place for you. With that said take time to read all the forums it will educate you furthermore.

6Hail6Satan6

Edited by Linaka113 (02/17/09 01:20 AM)
Edit Reason: Been up since 4AM

#20561 - 02/17/09 01:08 AM Re: Is Satan worshiped? [Re: Linaka113]
daevid777 Offline

More confusion...

I've never read the Santanic Bible... I'm sure it's very interesting though.

But if you want to be a Santanist... you'll need to go back a few months... this is February!

To be honest, Santanist really do have to have thick skin, and a belly that jiggles like a bowl full of jelly... it get's cold at the North Pole...

Keep reading... and watch out for Elves.

#20563 - 02/17/09 01:15 AM Re: Is Satan worshiped? [Re: daevid777]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

How lucky we are that people often misspell Satan, Satanism, or Satanic as Santa, Santaism or Santanic. Dyselexic devil worshippers sell their souls to Santa....

I never see this joke getting old \:D

Seriously though, watch out for the elves.

#20564 - 02/17/09 01:18 AM Re: Is Satan worshiped? [Re: daevid777]
Linaka113 Offline

LoL daevid, jiggles like a bowl full of jelly ha ha I busted up laughing when I read that but so true.

#20565 - 02/17/09 01:19 AM Re: Is Satan worshipped? [Re: Paul]
NihilisticMystic Offline
stranger

Loc: Albuquerque New Mexico United ...
 Originally Posted By: Paul
Hi Faite.

First of all expect to get as may versions of this as you get replies.

First a contradiction in terms:- I am 100% an Atheist but I worship Satan.

The reason:- To me Satan is like an avatar for my subconscious.

Consciously the Princes of Hell can be seen as symbolic, embodying attributes you should aspire to.

The subconscious aspect comes into play during ritual magic. By abdicating the power in the ritual to an imaginary third party, your subconscious mind is freed of all restraint and any latent psychic ability you might have, is given full vent.

In TSB LaVey described the ritual as an intellectual decompression chamber. You leave your mundane self outside and give full vent to your fantasies/emotions inside.

I like to think of it as also being psychological slight of hand. You remove the constraints your conscious mind puts on your abilities by using the avatar, Satan.

Hope that helps a bit.

Paul

I'd whole heartedly agree with this perspective on the supposed disparity between Satanism and devil worship. I too use satan more as an avatar than anything else.

#20566 - 02/17/09 01:22 AM Re: Is Satan worshipped? [Re: NihilisticMystic]
Linaka113 Offline

Hey I've been up since 4AM. I must need me some sleep lol.

#20592 - 02/17/09 06:16 AM Re: Is Satan worshipped? [Re: Linaka113]
Paul Offline
stranger

Loc: Debyshire, England
Just to tidy up my post a bit. I mean't worship in the "Take part in an act" sense rather than the personal adoration or reverence aspect. I thought the 100% Atheist would make that obvious but ...

I personally revere no-one, always a good starting point for any satanist.

Reminds me of the time, about 20 odd years ago, when the girlfriend of an associate of mine, suddenly turned on me and spat out "You don't consider any woman your equal do you?" I don't know what caused that. I'm as polite and respectful as my Mother brought me up to be. Well until you cross me, that is. Any way I digress. So I looked at her, smiled and said simply "No!". You could see the look of glee on her face as she saw the prospect of another bit of rhetorical "man-bashing". "But then again," I continued "I don't consider any man my equal either!" That shut her up.

I worship no man, no god, no-thing. My rituals are theater, designed to unleash the full power of my subconscious.

Oh, and if anyone's wondering, yes they do work.

See you all around, Paul.

#21299 - 03/01/09 12:17 PM Re: Is Satan worshiped? [Re: Faite]
FromGehenna Offline
pledge

Just a brief reply, but reading 'Satanism, the feared religion' on the Church of Satan website or The Satanic Scriptures will clarify matters for you. Essential reading! \:\)
#21302 - 03/01/09 12:24 PM Re: Is Satan worshiped? [Re: FromGehenna]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Loc: Vancouver, Canada
 Quote:
..The Satanic Scriptures..Essential reading!

For whom? Sycophantic hierarchy worshiping CoS drones?

I found it to be rather flat.

#21338 - 03/01/09 06:36 PM Re: Is Satan worshiped? [Re: Dan_Dread]
FromGehenna Offline
pledge

Originally Posted By: Dan_Dread
 Quote:
..The Satanic Scriptures..Essential reading!

For whom? Sycophantic hierarchy worshiping CoS drones? I found it to be rather flat.

...So that makes at least 2 of us who have experienced the 'Elite' over at Satannet's Letters To The Devil forum. Btw, i'll take The Satanic Scriptures over Satan Speaks! and The Devil's Notebook, the latter of which i bought, gained passing enjoyment from and sold.

#21581 - 03/05/09 02:50 PM Re: Is Satan worshipped? [Re: Paul]
KaosKrieg Offline
stranger

Loc: NYC, USA
Just to clear something up, Paul. Don't atheists worship nothing (Not even themselves) while Modern/LaVeyan Satanists worship themselves as gods?

From what I've read, that was the fundamental difference between the two.

Page 2 of 4 <1234>

Moderator:  SkaffenAmtiskaw, fakepropht, TV is God, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.028 seconds of which 0.003 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.