Page 3 of 5 <12345>
Topic Options
#26512 - 07/01/09 06:05 AM Re: A. CROWLEY; satanist or luciferian ? [Re: fakepropht]
Atralux Lucis Offline
pledge

Loc: Australia
Aleister Crowley was a Thelemite wasnt he?
He did found that religion so one might assume he was a follower of it.

I think that Crowley held many of the base principles of Satanism (of which ours is based somewhat on crowley's ideas) and then had the same spirituality and occult relation as is with Luciferianism.

I think Crowley is just a master occultist philosopher, and founder of thelema. I dont think himself, he is coined as a satanist or luciferian

#26544 - 07/01/09 09:56 AM Re: A. CROWLEY; satanist or luciferian ? [Re: Atralux Lucis]
satansydney Offline
stranger

Loc: Australia
[quote=
I think Crowley is just a master occultist philosopher, and founder of thelema. I dont think himself, he is coined as a satanist or luciferian [/quote]

i agree with that.

#27452 - 07/24/09 02:34 AM Re: A. CROWLEY; satanist or luciferian ? [Re: satansydney]
bluj666 Offline
stranger

Loc: Tennessee,USA
Id have to say in the terms of the meaning of Satanism, He was satanic. He went against Christian and mans laws to suite his own personal agenda, and to those that feared him he was an adversary to what they held to be moral and pure.
#31683 - 11/14/09 04:00 AM Aleister Crowley -- de Facto Satanist [Re: Jake999]
nocTifer Offline
pledge

Loc: Khazakstan
93 Jake999,
 Originally Posted By: Jake999
Crowley's use of "Holy Guardian Angel" {HGA} was a personal reference to himself....
Crowley called his HGA 'Aiwass', and at times wrote of it as being identical or the equivalent to Lucifer. Crowley performed rituals in which he invoked Satan, and one at least in which he crucified a frog after baptizing it with the name of Jesus. while he attributed the source of his nickname 'The Beast' to his mother, he was clearly making extensive reference to the imaginative and controversial "Book of Revelation" (of John of Patmos) in his personal ritualizing and writings. he constructed a mythology which reflected off of this, and expressed, by association to anti-Christian terminology, what he otherwise stated rather plainly about his great dislike for Christians and their religion, of which he had once been part.

I usually refer to Crowley as a "de facto Satanist" after LaVey's usage, and in evaluative accord with friends of mine between Thelema and Satanism such as the late VH Maroney, whose logic was sound and insight coherent. I've discussed this also with HP Aquino and my Brother Bill Heidrick. most arrived at the same conclusion: that Crowley did not overtly identify with the Devil in some consistent and religio-spiritual manner, but he did associate with Satan, and engage ritual and anti-Christian behaviour upon occasion in ways that are easily comparable to Luciferians and Satanists.

Crowley was dubbed 'the wickedest man in the world' by the press. in his commentaries to Liber Al vel Legis he made it plain that "Do what thou wilt" might mean ANYTHING, save the interpreter be illuminated.

93 93/93
6..6..6. I am I
.3..3..3 nigris

Edited by nocTifer (11/14/09 04:01 AM)

#31688 - 11/14/09 12:27 PM Re: Aleister Crowley -- de Facto Satanist [Re: nocTifer]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

Loc: New York City
You are an idiot.

I don't care who's name you drop because if those people were your friends you would have no need to mention them at all. You are far from impressing anyone here.

"he made it plain that "Do what thou wilt" might mean ANYTHING, save the interpreter be illuminated."

Did you read the book? The whole book? Did you really understand it? If you did, you would not have made such a stupid statement.

You are officially a unreadable joke to me now. I pity anyone who follows anything you say or do.

Have a interesting life....

Morgan

#31699 - 11/14/09 04:27 PM Re: Aleister Crowley -- de Facto Satanist [Re: Morgan]
nocTifer Offline
pledge

hi Morgan,
 Quote:
Did you read the book? The whole book? Did you really understand it?
I am presuming here that you mean Liber Al vel Legis, aka The Book of the Law, in its various numbers. yes, i have read it through many times, been involved in a number of attempts with others to understand it, been in a fair number of rituals featuring it prominently, and have occasionally made a celebratory habit of burning it during Thelemic holy days in April. I've even created an edited version of it, trying to remove the intrusions of the Scribe which i have dubbed "Librette Al, the Booklet of the Law" (there are taboos against discussing the scripture lest one 'become a Centre of Pestilence' or editing or changing 'so much as the style of the letter' in the Thelemic subculture which i find amusing).

I don't think that i understood it all, no. I get the impression that a good portion of it proceeds from the bowels of Crowley's mind, complete with his egyptomaniacal and prophet-centred motivations. the fact that there is a heavy emphasis on that book within the Thelemic subculture (esp. the Crowleyan portions) and yet there is so little attention paid to his commentaries strikes me as peculiar, to say the least (see my note at the end of this post for more on that point).
 Quote:
If you did, you would not have made such a stupid statement.
that is possible, i suppose. I admit that i don't regularly read that brief text, or consider it my scripture, especially since i penned my own. of course, i am almost repeating verbatim words that 'the Master' himself penned within those commentaries as to the significance of 'DWTW'.{*} I agree of course that we cannot expect that very many will achieve that illumination, and wonder if you would care to explain how you think that it relates to your Satanism, how and why it qualifies, or disqualifies, Crowley as a Satanist, etc.

thank you for your patience with me. I can at times be trying. \:\)

note -- see Liber Practicus: the Sin of Practice, by Fr. (I) Nigris (666) 333 and in particular the text which reads "All meanings are true, if only the interpreter be illuminated; but if not, they are all false, even as he is false....". it is a mark of atrocious irresponsibility and cultism that when i search on 'if only the interpreter be illuminated' at Google.com i find precisely *8* hits total. this means, apparently, that nobody online is quoting the Master in defense of this liberationist vision of Thelemic instruction. what a sad state of affairs that is. I shall be the lone voice of liberation for Thelema, it appears.

#31710 - 11/14/09 11:26 PM Re: Aleister Crowley -- de Facto Satanist [Re: nocTifer]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

Loc: New York City
Oh how nice, you wrote a book.
So did I, so did Aquino, and so did some other members of this board.
Big Fucking Deal.

Of course there is emphasis on the book within Thelema, how could there not be.

Crowley also wrote about killing thousands of children, he was talking about sperm being wasted when he jacked off. Metaphors, examples, not everything is literal.

How Thelema relates to my views on Satanism. I take what I feel is relevant to my life and use it. Crowley wrote a lot of stuff, I am not going to sit here and teach you how I view the various libers in regards to my personal experiences. How I view the HGA, and my point of view is not something I need to discuss with you because you will not understand anyway. There is enough of this previously discussed on this board.

As for Crowley being a Satanist or not, who gives a shit. The man is dead, and as much as I can see parallels between Crowley and LaVey life, it doesn't matter. There are only two people whom I care if they are Satanists or not, Myself and whomever I am Fucking.

You still do not get basic jist of it. Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of Law. Love is the law, love under will. Is in part about responsibility. If everyone is a shining star then you have to understand how the things you do affect others and to be true to your own will without lust of results will allow you to see many different outcomes depending on which course of action you ponder to take.

Thelema does not need you as a voice or a liberator. It is already free, and held dear by many various groups. Words can not carry the truth for the truth is in silence, it can not be properly conveyed through words.

Morgan

#31715 - 11/15/09 03:50 AM Re: Aleister Crowley -- de Facto Satanist [Re: nocTifer]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

Quote:
note -- see Liber Practicus: the Sin of Practice, by Fr. (I) Nigris (666) 333 and in particular the text which reads "All meanings are true, if only the interpreter be illuminated; but if not, they are all false, even as he is false....". it is a mark of atrocious irresponsibility and cultism that when i search on 'if only the interpreter be illuminated' at Google.com i find precisely *8* hits total. this means, apparently, that nobody online is quoting the Master in defense of this liberationist vision of Thelemic instruction. what a sad state of affairs that is. I shall be the lone voice of liberation for Thelema, it appears.

You searched something about Crowley on google, didn't find that much results and automatically make unbiased conclusion after ONLY focusing on 1 (not 100% accurate) source?

Did anyone told you that if you get out of the basement and go outside (or even look trough a window) that there is a whole REAL world wich is an almost endless source of information, knowledge, conspiracies, organisations,...

Quote:
"All meanings are true, if only the interpreter be illuminated; but if not, they are all false, even as he is false....".

Maybe you should THINK about it more thoroughly...
And that was a dead give-away.

#31729 - 11/15/09 03:08 PM Re: Aleister Crowley -- de Facto Satanist [Re: Dimitri]
nocTifer Offline
pledge

hi Dimitri,
it wasn't just 'something about Crowley'. it was a quoted character string specifically from his commentary on his scripture (Liber Al) pertaining to DWTW "Do what thou wilt"). what this means is that there were only 8 locations on the whole WWW accessible via the most popular and powerful search engine, and finding this fragment implies the availability of the whole text by Crowley, or that someone is quoting it as part of their exposition on DWTW. 2-3 of those hits were my own text! a sad state of affairs.

#32375 - 11/29/09 02:40 PM Re: A. CROWLEY; satanist or luciferian ? [Re: Morgan]
asmodeus_frost Offline
lurker

Originally Posted By: Morgan
Drug use, well, we all have experimented.

I haven't. I personally am not a fan of assumptions such as these either. I find most drugs / substance to be for weak minded individuals. I enjoy a beer here & there, as well as a glass of wine too. Moderation is key, though in some cases (if not most) even in moderation they can be extremely damaging & detrimental. Beer & Wine, in moderation is actually good for the heart, the bloodstream & the kidneys. Heroin, crack, coke & even pot...zero health benefits, coupled with a lot of negative side effects.

My two cents.

#32376 - 11/29/09 03:12 PM Re: A. CROWLEY; satanist or luciferian ? [Re: asmodeus_frost]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Loc: Vancouver, Canada
Thank you for sharing this wisdom gained from your absence of experience. This didn't come off as presumptuous, preachy, or pretentious in any way shape or form. You obviously know what's best for everyone, so please continue to tell us.

That is all.

#32378 - 11/29/09 03:42 PM Re: A. CROWLEY; satanist or luciferian ? [Re: asmodeus_frost]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

Im going to have to agree with Dan on this one. Not only did your post come off as arrogant and patronining but it also added nothing of value to this thread. I will grant you that this thread really wasn't going anywhere but at least it had a central topic. Please try to stick with the point of the thread. If you wish to talk down to people who use recreational substances; make a new thread.

#32403 - 11/29/09 11:04 PM Re: A. CROWLEY; satanist or luciferian ? [Re: asmodeus_frost]
fakepropht Moderator Offline
Big Slick

Loc: Texas
Alcohol isn't a drug? Hmmm? It was outlawed for a brief period. I seem to remember when I was taking alcohol control classes they mentioned that if it were to be regulated, it would be classed in the same category as opiates and regulated much like morphine and codeine.

So in essence, yes you have experimented, and it appears from your own words, that you have done it more than once.

#32414 - 11/30/09 09:40 AM Re: A. CROWLEY; satanist or luciferian ? [Re: fakepropht]
asmodeus_frost Offline
lurker

My intent wasn't for my reply to come off as; presumptuous, preachy, or pretentious...whatsoever. However, after re-reading it, I can see where some might take it this way. Let me say this, to each their own. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for others & vice-versa. I still stand by my point(s) because they are how I feel & I will not apologize about my view(s)/take(s) on things, but I will apologize on my approach in how it was delivered.
#43148 - 09/22/10 01:41 AM Re: Aleister Crowley -- de Facto Satanist [Re: nocTifer]
nocTifer Offline
pledge

Originally Posted By: nocTifer
hi Dimitri,
it wasn't just 'something about Crowley'. it was a quoted character string specifically from his commentary on his scripture (Liber Al) pertaining to DWTW "Do what thou wilt"). what this means is that there were only 8 locations on the whole WWW accessible via the most popular and powerful search engine, and finding this fragment implies the availability of the whole text by Crowley, or that someone is quoting it as part of their exposition on DWTW. 2-3 of those hits were my own text! a sad state of affairs.

I later discovered that this string is corrupted in a good number of the few versions of the Commentaries that may be found online. since none of them seemed to capture the larger picture of the whole, i set about constructing a Complete and Authoritative Commentaries web page referencing a number of sources available that i have collected (mostly hard-copy), and am now in the middle of completing its notations. I'd be interested in response to it. I don't know if anyone's used this format before me (usually editors place the entirety of the holograph before or after some version of the text, nobody bothers to reproduce incidentals or incorporate successive editors' contributions).

Edited by nocTifer (09/22/10 01:43 AM)

Page 3 of 5 <12345>

Moderator:  SkaffenAmtiskaw, fakepropht, TV is God, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.026 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.