Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#20882 - 02/20/09 07:34 PM Inmate sues over alleged satanism interference
ta2zz Offline
veteran member

Loc: Connecticut

BILLINGS, Mont. (AP) — A 35-year-old man imprisoned for drug possession has filed a $10 million federal lawsuit against Yellowstone County, alleging jailers interfered with his satanic religious practices while he was in jail.

Full Story Here

I do not have much to say about this but thought it was a different presentation of Satanism in the media... Too bad he just seems like a sniveling meth-head...

~T~

#20890 - 02/20/09 08:55 PM Re: Inmate sues over alleged satanism interference [Re: ta2zz]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

Interesting story indeed. I hope he gets the $10 million, doubtful, but it would tickle me pink - and green with envy.

Sure he was busted for meth, but he is dealing with the consequences of his actions, and this might turn out to be a blessing in disguise. If he gets some good ACLU lawyer he just might pull this off.

Funny how he would want to request a Satanic Bible, as if it were something that needed to constantly be reffered to for the purpose of knowing how to live ones life. But perhaps he did it knowing that he wouldn't get one and have his religous freedoms infriged upon allowing him to pursue this lawsuit. Now that would be a great example of applied psychology.

#21041 - 02/23/09 12:08 AM Re: Inmate sues over alleged satanism interference [Re: 6Satan6Archist6]
Master Magick Offline
pledge

Loc: New York, USA
It's either a brilliant idea or a dumb ass jailbird looking for 15 more minutes... But a good lawyer would shoot his case right down as a real Satanist who had any use for TSB would not be messing with Meth.

#21163 - 02/26/09 02:00 PM Re: Inmate sues over alleged satanism interference [Re: 6Satan6Archist6]
ballbreaker Offline

Loc: Toronto, Canada
 Originally Posted By: 6Satan6Archist6
Interesting story indeed. I hope he gets the $10 million, doubtful, but it would tickle me pink - and green with envy.

Seriously? Wouldn't an apology from his jailers be sufficient?

#21168 - 02/26/09 06:04 PM Re: Inmate sues over alleged satanism interference [Re: ballbreaker]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

Yes I am dead serious, I think it would be awesome if the guy won the case. Being that is seeking 10 million, I highly doubt an apology would suffice. This guy has a better chance of getting the money than has of getting an apology.

#21932 - 03/12/09 01:06 PM Re: Inmate sues over alleged satanism interference [Re: 6Satan6Archist6]
ballbreaker Offline

Loc: Toronto, Canada
Could you add some reasoning behind how being awarded $10 million from the state would be just compensation for his 'ritual' being interrupted?
#21950 - 03/12/09 10:31 PM Re: Inmate sues over alleged satanism interference [Re: ballbreaker]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

Well first of all, I don't recall reading anything in that article about any rituals. Second, I never said anything about it being "just". I just think it would be funny if he won the case. Whether he wins or loses his case is inconsequential to me.

#22048 - 03/15/09 03:10 PM Re: Inmate sues over alleged satanism interference [Re: ballbreaker]
ceruleansteel Offline

Loc: Behind you
 Originally Posted By: ballbreaker
Could you add some reasoning behind how being awarded $10 million from the state would be just compensation for his 'ritual' being interrupted?

It would be funny because it's another sterling illustration of how overboard it all is. These days, Bobby could probably sue you for daring to imply that he's a dipshit for thinking it's funny.

Ten million dollars. That will buy a lot of black candles.

#22131 - 03/17/09 12:45 AM Re: Inmate sues over alleged satanism interference [Re: ceruleansteel]
Draculesti Offline
Impaler

Loc: Rockville, Maryland
I kind of hope he gets it, too, even though I think he's just grasping at straws. You've got to admit, though, he's pretty damn clever about it. Especially if he gets the 10 mil, which he will probably spend quite a bit of on meth. When he ODs he can give me the rest of the money.

Homo Homini Lupus

#22156 - 03/17/09 07:15 PM Re: Inmate sues over alleged satanism interference [Re: Draculesti]
ta2zz Offline
veteran member

Loc: Connecticut

While doing some research for a reply for another post I ran across this article being talked about by a Christian chaplain who works in the Prison system on Till He Comes… What really interested me was this reply from someone claiming to be the voice of the CoS

MagistraYgraineCoS on 24 Feb 2009 at 3:48 pm

As an authorized spokesperson and member of the clergy of the Church of Satan I am writing to respond to the articles about the inmate suing the prison in order to be allowed to practice “Satanism.” It is important to note that the Church of Satan prohibits all illegal activity.

In this particular and specific case the criminal deserves no assistance from the Church of Satan, and it is highly unlikely that the organization will support his alleged rights. If he is looking for forgiveness and welcome he’d do better by the Christian religions that practice mercy—we don’t.

As far as the Church of Satan is concerned this inmate is not a Satanist and we will not have our religion attached to such a ridiculous and shameful attempt at avoiding responsibility. Our rules are clear. He has broken them. Now he must face the consequences.

Pitiful actually how not only does the CoS feel the need to excommunicate him \:\) but make such a lame attempt to berate him as well… Firstly in this mans lawsuit I see nothing but a person trying to use the existing system to his advantage… I do not see anything about him looking for any assistance from the CoS much less pity from anyone… What the fuck all of a sudden you try to use the system as it is designed and you’re somehow looking for forgiveness, acceptance or attempting to avoid responsibility?

The person who posted this reply needs to go sit in the corner with Salem Burke…

~T~

#22175 - 03/18/09 01:57 AM Re: Inmate sues over alleged satanism interference [Re: ta2zz]
fakepropht Moderator Offline
Big Slick

Loc: Texas
I can't argue with your position, but I can add that that Ygraine is a spokesperson for CoS. Many years ago, she and I had some conversations and battles. I am only affirming the fact that she is indeed a Magistra and spokesperson for CoS.

#26352 - 06/27/09 03:14 PM Re: Inmate sues over alleged satanism interference [Re: fakepropht]
Maxim D Offline
stranger

Loc: Portland, Oregon, United State...
I think it's a little bit of genius, although if I were him, I would claim the need to be completely out of sight, the need for swords, daggers, etc. and all other important items, then use it to aid in my escape. (haha) Not really though, because the lawsuit must have (or would have) covered bail. A talented lawyer can do anything.

Sure, the guy was stupid for doing meth, and stupider for getting caught, but I will say that stunt might (have) prove(d) to be a little stroke of genius, that may have saved his ass.

#26627 - 07/02/09 12:54 AM Re: Inmate sues over alleged satanism interference [Re: ta2zz]
Demonic Moroni Offline
stranger

Loc: Arizona
 Quote:
MagistraYgraineCoS on 24 Feb 2009 at 3:48 pm

As an authorized spokesperson and member of the clergy of the Church of Satan I am writing to respond to the articles about the inmate suing the prison in order to be allowed to practice “Satanism.” It is important to note that the Church of Satan prohibits all illegal activity.

In this particular and specific case the criminal deserves no assistance from the Church of Satan, and it is highly unlikely that the organization will support his alleged rights. If he is looking for forgiveness and welcome he’d do better by the Christian religions that practice mercy—we don’t.

As far as the Church of Satan is concerned this inmate is not a Satanist and we will not have our religion attached to such a ridiculous and shameful attempt at avoiding responsibility. Our rules are clear. He has broken them. Now he must face the consequences.

Oh God! How pathetic is that?

He's a lot better off without the ultra-touchy and authoritarian CoS breathing down his neck. Excommunication and a random jab at Christianity . . . disgusting.

#26682 - 07/02/09 04:37 PM Re: Inmate sues over alleged satanism interference [Re: Demonic Moroni]
hellbent666
Unregistered

Dude, Ygraine is a super cunt! Worthless, arrogant, pompous, stupid, etc... She is a horrible horrible person. I think everyone all across the board deserves religious rights. Skinhead xtians get their rights in prison, why can't satanists?
#26758 - 07/03/09 01:49 PM Re: Inmate sues over alleged satanism interference [Re: ]
xear Administrator Offline
Admin

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
Feckless and trifling pretty much sum up Ygraine Gidney. This is the same troll of a woman who blindly bashes (numerous) people she doesn't know, and yet her ex-husband, and father of her children, is serving a prison sentence for child molestation in Florida.

I hope for nothing short of a life-threatening and flesh eating disease for this miserable excuse for a human.

- R

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.026 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.