Page 1 of 2 12>
Topic Options
#21226 - 02/27/09 10:53 PM The Satanic Bible and me...
Grandpabeast Offline

Loc: No. Utah. USA
After many years of searching for my true identity and a spiritual path the fit me, on a whim I read the Satanic Bible. As I read, I felt, "This is for me, this is me!" When I was a teenager I met a Satanist at a art and craft fair, he was an older man, and seemed quite wise. What he shared with me about Satanism and his personal philosophy of life rang true made allot of sense. It's just too bad I took all of these years to get to this point. But, I guess this is all part of my journey and I believe what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger...

Roger.

#21228 - 02/27/09 11:03 PM Re: The Satanic Bible and me... [Re: Grandpabeast]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Loc: Vancouver, Canada
Just a question, what exactly do you mean when you use the word 'spiritual'?

Spiritual is one of those nebulous hard to pin down words that can often lead to obfuscation of meaning.

#21230 - 02/27/09 11:11 PM Re: The Satanic Bible and me... [Re: Dan_Dread]
Grandpabeast Offline

Spiritual to me means ones belief system and the path I choose in life. It's to me, more of who I am, not a belief in a big boogie man in the universe who one begs to to grant wishes or save their ass when they get themselves in a bad place.

Roger.

#21233 - 02/27/09 11:24 PM Re: The Satanic Bible and me... [Re: Grandpabeast]
Linaka113 Offline

Loc: East Bay 510 CA
Welcome to the club dude.

#21234 - 02/27/09 11:25 PM Re: The Satanic Bible and me... [Re: Linaka113]
Linaka113 Offline

Loc: East Bay 510 CA
Opps wrong thread lol my bad folks.

#21235 - 02/27/09 11:26 PM Re: The Satanic Bible and me... [Re: Grandpabeast]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Loc: Vancouver, Canada
I generally think of 'spiritual' as being the opposite of 'carnal', so you can understand why I might be wary of those claiming to be 'spiritual'.

The whole of spirituality, in the general vernacular context, is really that which Satanism is the 'adversary' to. You seem to mean something different. That's why I asked \:\)

#21237 - 02/27/09 11:40 PM Re: The Satanic Bible and me... [Re: Dan_Dread]
Grandpabeast Offline

Yes, to say I am a carnal hedonist is an understatement. So instead of fighting it or trying to change it to please others, I am embrace who and what I am. I guess the word "spiritual" is one of those hot-button words, to me it just means embracing who you are and what you are and not trying to live up to others expectations or illusions.

Roger.

#21251 - 02/28/09 07:53 AM Re: The Satanic Bible and me... [Re: Grandpabeast]
Ringmaster Offline

Loc: Salem Oregon
Granted it may have that meaning with you but not with most people.

I think the word best suited for it would be accepting. It would kind of fall in line with the whole embracing yourself for who you really are thing.

#21255 - 02/28/09 08:57 AM Re: The Satanic Bible and me... [Re: Ringmaster]
Grandpabeast Offline

Ringmaster, good point. Did anyone notice I never said "religion"? If you research the Latin root of religion, in means to "Return to bondage"... Spirituality is just a part of your natural being and essence, as opposed to religion which is man made myth and bullshit control. It along with the media is the new opium controlling the world. JMHO.

Roger.

#21279 - 03/01/09 08:17 AM Re: The Satanic Bible and me... [Re: Grandpabeast]
Paul Offline
stranger

Loc: Debyshire, England
I have to agree with Dan & Ringmaster on the problem using the term spiritual.

Spiritual
adjective
1 of, relating to, or affecting the human spirit or soul as opposed to material or physical things.
(of a person) not concerned with material values or pursuits.
2 of or relating to religion or religious belief.

As such that puts the definition of the word squarely in opposition to Satanism. It also shows it is allied to the term religion and not in opposition as you use it.

I agree with your point about the word religion but what we are all talking about here is belief and Satanism as a belief system. Satanism is defined, like Atheism, more by what it does not believe but not believing in something is still a belief in itself.

As far as your original post is concerned, I believe that Satanism is a matter of the realization of our true nature and your first post demonstrates this. So you came late to the label only. We are what we are. No sweat.

#21281 - 03/01/09 08:54 AM Re: The Satanic Bible and me... [Re: Paul]
Morbid Rex Offline

I'm naturally predisposed to writing poetry so I already think about things from an abstract and transcendental angle.

To me my "spirituality" is nothing more then the entire essence of my being, fleshly pursuits and all.

I define my spiritual side as the "immortal soul" stated by Lavey in The Satanic Bible.

Satanism! The only scientifically proven religion.

#21282 - 03/01/09 09:38 AM Re: The Satanic Bible and me... [Re: Morbid Rex]
Paul Offline
stranger

Loc: Debyshire, England
As far as I'm aware immortal soul does not appear in TSB.

You might be thinking of:-
 Quote:
"Thus shall you make yourself respected in all the walks of life, and your spirit - your immortal spirit - shall live, not in an intangible paradise, but in the brains and sinews of those whose respect you have gained." Anton LaVey: The Satanic Bible

This refers to the rejection of anything spiritual and the carnal memory of the living, being your only chance for immortality.

Other references to the soul in TSB seem to be meant as a parody of christian teaching, as is the term spirit in the above quote.

I too write poetry. Some of which uses abstract imagery to convey my meaning but abstract does not imply imprecision.

#21283 - 03/01/09 09:48 AM Re: The Satanic Bible and me... [Re: Paul]
Morbid Rex Offline

Yes correct, I was unsure whether Lavey said "soul" or "spirit" and couldn't pinpoint the exact part of TSB where he said it on short notice when I went to check, though those terms can pretty much be used interchangeably with each other.

Satanism! The only scientifically proven religion.

#21291 - 03/01/09 11:25 AM Re: The Satanic Bible and me... [Re: Morbid Rex]
Grandpabeast Offline

As I think about it the terms true nature, essense or core identity would probably be a more logical choice than using the term spirituality.

Roger.

#21294 - 03/01/09 12:02 PM Re: The Satanic Bible and me... [Re: Paul]
FromGehenna Offline
pledge

Originally Posted By: Paul
As far as I'm aware immortal soul does not appear in TSB.

You might be thinking of:-
 Quote:
"Thus shall you make yourself respected in all the walks of life, and your spirit - your immortal spirit - shall live, not in an intangible paradise, but in the brains and sinews of those whose respect you have gained." Anton LaVey: The Satanic Bible

This refers to the rejection of anything spiritual and the carnal memory of the living, being your only chance for immortality.

I agree, but confusion could also arise from Lavey's description of the Ego 'surviving after the death of the flesh that housed it', The Satanic Bible, p.94. This matter is clarified beyond possible misunderstanding in The Satanic Scriptures.

Page 1 of 2 12>

Moderator:  SkaffenAmtiskaw, fakepropht, TV is God, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.027 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.