Page 2 of 2 <12
Topic Options
#21297 - 03/01/09 12:12 PM Re: The Satanic Bible and me... [Re: FromGehenna]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Loc: Vancouver, Canada
The only 'confusion' that could arise is in the minds of mush minded spiritualists, ie those with no capacity to understand Satanism in the first place.

Also, Peter Gilmore is not qualified to 'clarify' anything LaVey wrote. It was quite clear the first go round.

#21304 - 03/01/09 12:43 PM Re: The Satanic Bible and me... [Re: FromGehenna]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

Congratulations, you can quote from "Satanic books" and authors.
Now the hard part; understanding it and being authentical yourself..

#21317 - 03/01/09 01:33 PM Re: The Satanic Bible and me... [Re: Dimitri]
Grandpabeast Offline

Loc: No. Utah. USA
Personally, the way I view immortality is the legacy I leave that will be remembered by those who loved along with those who have hated me. The bottom line is that is up to us to create the kind of legacy we choose to leave for this lifetime.

Roger.

#21347 - 03/01/09 06:51 PM Re: The Satanic Bible and me... [Re: Dan_Dread]
FromGehenna Offline
pledge

Originally Posted By: Dan_Dread
The only 'confusion' that could arise is in the minds of mush minded spiritualists, ie those with no capacity to understand Satanism in the first place.

Also, Peter Gilmore is not qualified to 'clarify' anything LaVey wrote. It was quite clear the first go round.

No, Couldn't disagree more. The Satanic Bible has more contradiction in it than the Q'uran. 'Something for everyone' springs to mind. The Satanic Scriptures clarified this across the board so that there is no doubt about Satanism being a resolutely atheistic religion from its core.

#21350 - 03/01/09 06:53 PM Re: The Satanic Bible and me... [Re: FromGehenna]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

There is only contradiction if you don't get it to begin with.

But just to humor you, why don't you give us an example?

#21360 - 03/01/09 07:13 PM Re: The Satanic Bible and me... [Re: Dan_Dread]
FromGehenna Offline
pledge

Originally Posted By: Dan_Dread
There is only contradiction if you don't get it to begin with.

But just to humor you, why don't you give us an example?

I'm not hungry, Dan, so i'm not going to bite. But how about this extremely minor comparison?

"It is a popular misconception that the Satanist doesn't believe in god." Anton LaVey.

"Satanism begins with Atheism.There are no gods or non-interventionist deities. We are atheists." Peter Gilmore.

They are having one hell of a time over at Lttd, trying to tell a bunch of ex-fundamentalist christian goth kids that god doesn't exist. \:\)

#21361 - 03/01/09 07:16 PM Re: The Satanic Bible and me... [Re: FromGehenna]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Bite what? I was only asking you to quantify a statement that you made, a statement that remains an unsupported naked assertion.

As those two passages aren't even from the same book, I don't see what your point is here. But even if they were, there is no contradiction if you understand what god means to a Satanist.

#21379 - 03/02/09 03:24 AM Re: The Satanic Bible and me... [Re: FromGehenna]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

Originally Posted By: FromGehenna

I'm not hungry, Dan, so i'm not going to bite. But how about this extremely minor comparison?

"It is a popular misconception that the Satanist doesn't believe in god." Anton LaVey.

"Satanism begins with Atheism.There are no gods or non-interventionist deities. We are atheists." Peter Gilmore.

They are having one hell of a time over at Lttd, trying to tell a bunch of ex-fundamentalist christian goth kids that god doesn't exist. \:\)

If you were a bit smarter you wouldn't start quoting from different books/authors and say there are contradictions.

Gilmore isn't the best person to clearify LaVeye's writings, only LaVeye had this privilege since he is the only one who knew what he was thinking...
Also:
 Quote:
"It is a popular misconception that the Satanist doesn't believe in god." Anton Lavey.

vs
 Quote:
"Satanism begins with atheism.There are no gods or non-interventionist deities. We are atheists." Peter Gilmore.

Doesn't contradict. if you leave these words in context, and certainly those of Anton you should have known the satanist believes himself to be a god, thus making both points valid.

What are you even doing here?

Page 2 of 2 <12

Moderator:  SkaffenAmtiskaw, fakepropht, TV is God, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.478 seconds of which 0.458 seconds were spent on 21 queries. Zlib compression disabled.