Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#2128 - 11/22/07 02:59 AM I tried the recipe and here's how it went.....
ZephyrGirl Offline
R.I.P.

Loc: Adelaide Australia
I thought I'd start a seperate thread for the recipes that I try.

Actually I have decided that I will try every recipe posted as someones got to and I DO love cooking (not to mention eating).

So I did Paula's Mousakka on the weekend.

It was tasty (I used beef for those wondering), but I found that it was quite alot of rooting around. It also had one of my least favourite elements, lots of washing up afterwards. I used half the contents of my cupboards (slight exageration) in making it.
Lets see:
Fry Pan, Giant Saucepan, cutting board, knife, casserole dish, drying and draining dish, plate with paper for draining eggplants, another saucepan, glass bowl, small bowl for eggwhites, plastic bowl for egg yolks and mixing, scales, wisk and egg slice.

Anyway, I was glad that I can say I made Mousakka, but I don't think it will become part of my regular diet. The meat base flavours were lovely, and I think that the egg, flour and milk (just add sugar and you have custard), was an interesting mix also and probably something I will experiment with in other dishes.

Rating Ease 5
Taste 7
of course this is IMO only and not meant as a critisism as much as a guide to others wanting to try the recipes. \:\)

#2174 - 11/23/07 07:18 PM Re: I tried the recipe and here's how it went..... [Re: ZephyrGirl]
Fist Moderator Offline
veteran member

Loc: B'mo Cautious MF
Firstly, it is very cool that you actually tried the recipe. That is the idea here.

As a general rule, I don't try recipes with a lot of prep work. I don't really care for a lot of clean up.

Hell, when I do jerk chicken I wash the chicken and do everything else in the sink. I don't even use a bowl.

#3114 - 01/03/08 02:01 AM Re: I tried the recipe and here's how it went..... [Re: Fist]
ZephyrGirl Offline
R.I.P.

Loc: Adelaide Australia
A quick note to Mequa. A friend of my husbands shared the Mousakka that I had frozen and stored for him.

He rang me especially to tell me how delicious it was. Oh yeah, he's Greek, from a traditional Greek orthodox family.

So not only was I happy that he approved heartily of the recipe, but I got to also add I'd gotten it off a Satanic website.

#3503 - 01/15/08 04:54 PM Re: I tried the recipe and here's how it went..... [Re: ZephyrGirl]
Satanic Zealot Offline
stranger

Loc: St. Albert, Alberta, Canada
Yeah when I cook I usually just open the box and pour the noodles out then add the cheese and milk later. Cleanup is easy and you have a tasty meal.
But that sounds good. Too bad I can't cook or I'd make some \:\(

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  SkaffenAmtiskaw, fakepropht, Woland, Asmedious, Fist, Diavolo, TV is God 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.014 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 17 queries. Zlib compression disabled.