Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#21284 - 03/01/09 09:52 AM Police officers using excessive force?
Morbid Rex Offline

Ya don't say

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDg_IFHEau0&

At least it's excessive in my opinion. I suppose some of you will see this as justifiable.

Satanism! The only scientifically proven religion.

#21285 - 03/01/09 09:53 AM Re: Police officers using excessive force? [Re: Morbid Rex]
Morbid Rex Offline

I was having a conversation with someone about this incident on another board, this is pretty much what I had to say about it

Quote:
Last time I checked Cops job was to protect and serve.

Not serve ass whoopings.

How could that skinny ass chick be any sort of threat to those trained Police officers that would cause them to have to use that kind of force?

Quote:
meh, still that doesn't make it right.

I suppose that "no mercy" approach holds its bearings in some situation. But there were tons of other alternative routes those officers could have taken as opposed to beating the shit out of some teenage broad that couldn't defend herself for shit.

So she kicked at an officers shoe? Big whoop. That definitely justifies her being tackled and punched in the face multiple times, including while she was handcuffed. I'm sure seeing the sight of that teen cursing him out and kicking at his shoe is going to give him nightmares for years to come.

Cops are supposed to use only as much force is necessary and suitable to the situation. You make it sound as if Cops beating the shit out of people is the norm and it's perfectly accepted by society. If that's the case then I want to see a lot more people getting skull dragged whenever I watch "Cops" on FX.

If Cops have the right to beat the shit out of people for no reason then citizens have the right to arm up and destroy said Cops.

Edited by Morbid Rex (03/01/09 09:54 AM)

Satanism! The only scientifically proven religion.

#21289 - 03/01/09 11:10 AM Re: Police officers using excessive force? [Re: Morbid Rex]
Fist Moderator Offline
veteran member

Loc: B'mo Cautious MF
That's it? Perhaps this is one for the video forum?

Never the less, let me explain to you Applied Violence 101. It is a basic rule that if you fight with police you will get your ass kicked. Why? Because the have the physical means and legal authority to use violence on behalf of the State.

The girl in this video threw a shoe at the police. What did she think was going to happen?

The police do not exist to "protect and serve." The SCOTUS decided that case in the late 70's. Google it. The police are subordinate to the District Attorney or Chief Prosecutor of a given municipality. In this country, they are an arm of the Executive Branch. They exist to ENFORCE THE LAW - NOT to 'protect and serve.' That is a sideline in as much as they need appease the masses so their political masters in the Executive get re-elected. Primarily, the role of the police is to aid the Prosecution building a case that will win in court (the Judiciary Branch of govt). Once the case is won, the convicted will then be turned back over to the custody of the Executive Branch. Very small men are given wide discretionary power over the lives of other people. It is part and parcel to govt as a whole.

In other words, when in police custody they essentially own you. Are you confused?

2019 is rapidly approaching. We are entering the world of Blade Runner.

See this thread: http://www.the600club.com/topic20947-1.html

The real question is what do you plan to do about it?

If your not cop your little people.

#22047 - 03/15/09 03:06 PM Re: Police officers using excessive force? [Re: Fist]
ceruleansteel Offline

Loc: Behind you
Screw that. Police are specially trained to deal with idiots and assholes...and spoiled teenagers. I saw nothing that warranted that response, even if she was mouthing off as well. There were two of them and one of her and one of them alone is two of her. She threw a shoe. Big fuckin' deal. If that justifies their response, then I should be allowed to punch my kids in the head a couple of times for refusing to eat their asparagus. My boy tosses his onto the floor.

But she doesn't look like a minority so no one gives a shit.

#22053 - 03/15/09 06:05 PM Re: Police officers using excessive force? [Re: ceruleansteel]
blsk Offline

Loc: salem or
These men are only upholding the law and making a stand for order...Now for reality. This, as bad as it is, is not a surprise. The only thing about this that surprises me is that the video was not confinscated before it got out.

These "men" (if that's what you want to call them) are not officers of the law. They are a big gang with a bunch of money. Their badge and uniform is no different than a red or blue rag on your head. We need to obliterate the idea that has been burned into the publics mind that these people are somehow special. If something happens where you would need to call "the police"(like a home invasion) what would be wrong with calling your friends and neighbors? Shit, they would probably get there quicker anyways.

As for me, if it were someone I had cared about that this happened to, you could bet your sweet ass my scope and I would be "kickin' it" in the bushes...justified or not.

#22056 - 03/15/09 07:54 PM Re: Police officers using excessive force? [Re: blsk]
Jake999 Offline

Well... yeah. I guess. But I'll be honest with you. If it was a guy and I told them to do something that they were supposed to do and they gave me any kind of lip, I would probably kick the fuck out of them. Would it be fair? Probably not. Would they fuck with me again? Probably not. A woman... I'd probably just sit her ass down hard.

I used to have a trick that I used for troop movements. Marines were particularly problematic to airlift into combat or mobility operations because they were trained to be aggressive and to believe that "If you ain't a Marine, you ain't shit. So when you were trying to give them briefings for safety on an aircraft or some other reason, there were always a group that would cause problems in the back of the crowd. I would pretty much ignore them.

What I would wait for is the guy up front who would ask a simple question, or make a remark and I would chew his ass out like he had committed some kind of crime, and have the Marine liaison take him out of the briefing area. The crowd in the back almost immediately became more quiet. Why? They figured that if I was that rough on a guy who just asked a question while I was briefing, they REALLY would catch it for being disruptive.

The kid who got used as a prop? The Marine liaison took him back to the office where he was given coffee and told... "The hard sarge is just having a bad day. He's usually a good guy." I'd come in after my briefing, apologize, and bullshit with him until his flight was ready.

Crowd control 101.

#22074 - 03/16/09 04:57 AM Re: Police officers using excessive force? [Re: Jake999]
Grandpabeast Offline

Loc: No. Utah. USA
Jake, that must have really chapped the jar heads ass to get an ass reaming by a fly boy huh? Same as being and FMF Navey Hospital Corpsman... I also reminded them I had access to all of their shot records and they could easily disappear... Sometimes the bulldog is the best tactic, show no fear. I have to deal with this regularly at work but I establish myself as the alpha male and don't back down. I haven't had to lay hands on a resident now for years, I learned how to use my brain as opposed to my brawn. I am ready to mix it up if need be, but I find it isn't really necessary if you can either establish rapport with them or mentally and physically intimidate them. I mush prefer the rapport approach myself.

Roger.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.02 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 20 queries. Zlib compression disabled.