Page 1 of 3 123>
Topic Options
#21321 - 03/01/09 04:35 PM Why Satanism?
Ichtus Offline
stranger

Greetings all.

First, I'll be up front with you all by saying that I'm a devoted follower of Jesus Christ. I have no wish to insult anyone and I'm here to try and understand the attraction to Satanism. If I get flamed, that's fine, I'll leave and shake the dust of my feet as they say.

So, I'd like to ask what is it that attracts people to the dark side?

Thanks,
Ichtus.
1 Cor 3:16 Know you not, that you are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

#21324 - 03/01/09 05:03 PM Re: Why Satanism? [Re: Ichtus]
ta2zz Offline
veteran member

Loc: Connecticut

There is no attraction, you simply are a follower or you're not...

Have a nice day...

~T~

#21325 - 03/01/09 05:23 PM Re: Why Satanism? [Re: Ichtus]
Fist Moderator Offline
veteran member

Loc: B'mo Cautious MF
 Quote:

So, I'd like to ask what is it that attracts people to the dark side?

?

What dark side? What are you talking about?

Now, that being said, if you really came here to learn then you will be treated fairly. However, you must be prepared to defend yourself with logic.

If you are not familiar with how logic works, start here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Logical_fallacies

Stories of Santa Clause and the Easter Bunny will get you nowhere.

#21327 - 03/01/09 05:53 PM Re: Why Satanism? [Re: Fist]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Loc: Vancouver, Canada
It all depends what you mean by 'dark side'

Personally I see devoting yourself to a belief system that enshrines death as something to look forward to, and to view this life as some sort of trial, to be a pretty dark outlook.

I also find the fatalistic idea that we are all puppets to dance for some cosmological super-beings amusement to be pretty dark.

I also find the general view of making subservience and ego suppression a virtue to be very dark.

So Ichtus, what attracts you to the dark side?

#21328 - 03/01/09 05:53 PM Re: Why Satanism? [Re: Fist]
Grandpabeast Offline

Loc: No. Utah. USA
Personally, I came over to the 'dark side' for the free cookies and hot chocolate! Seriously though, I don't see it as a dark side, it is more a matter of embracing my true nature and no longer being a sheeple or slave of hypocrisy or illogical, irrational fantasies. You are free to believe as you do and I will defend your right to do so, I would just ask for the same respect from you. Also your Christian perspective on Satanism and mine or others here most likely vary greatly. Satanism isn't what the preachers and Hollywood make it out to be. JMO...

Roger.

#21329 - 03/01/09 06:05 PM Re: Why Satanism? [Re: ta2zz]
Ichtus Offline
stranger

Originally Posted By: ta2zz

There is no attraction, you simply are a follower or you're not...

Have a nice day...

~T~

Why? People normally become involved in groups/organization because it suits their personal outlook/interests. People usually have a good reason for doing things. Doesn't this apply to Satanism?
1 Cor 3:16 Know you not, that you are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

#21330 - 03/01/09 06:11 PM Re: Why Satanism? [Re: Fist]
Ichtus Offline
stranger

Originally Posted By: Fist

What dark side? What are you talking about?
You really have no idea what I mean? I'll assume from your reply that you associate Satanism/satan with light.

Originally Posted By: Fist

Now, that being said, if you really came here to learn then you will be treated fairly. However, you must be prepared to defend yourself with logic.

I'm familiar with logic, thanks.

#21332 - 03/01/09 06:19 PM Re: Why Satanism? [Re: Dan_Dread]
Ichtus Offline
stranger

Originally Posted By: Dan_Dread

I'm not attracted to the dark side. I'm trying to understand why Satanism is appealing to people.

#21334 - 03/01/09 06:23 PM Re: Why Satanism? [Re: Grandpabeast]
Ichtus Offline
stranger

Originally Posted By: Grandpabeast
Personally, I came over to the 'dark side' for the free cookies and hot chocolate! Seriously though, I don't see it as a dark side, it is more a matter of embracing my true nature and no longer being a sheeple or slave of hypocrisy or illogical, irrational fantasies. You are free to believe as you do and I will defend your right to do so, I would just ask for the same respect from you. Also your Christian perspective on Satanism and mine or others here most likely vary greatly. Satanism isn't what the preachers and Hollywood make it out to be. JMO...

Roger.

Thanks for your helpful reply Roger. May I ask then, what is your true nature?

P.S. Does anyone know if there's a "multi-quote" feature on this forum? i.e. can I reply to multiple posts in one post?

#21335 - 03/01/09 06:30 PM Re: Why Satanism? [Re: Ichtus]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Originally Posted By: Ichtus

I'm not attracted to the dark side. I'm trying to understand why satanism is appealing to people.

When you understand why I see your beliefs as dark and undesirable, evil even, then maybe you will have answered your own question.

#21341 - 03/01/09 06:45 PM Re: Why Satanism? [Re: Ichtus]
Nemesis Offline

Loc: US
Yes, Ichtus, it is possible to multi-quote in a reply...simply highlight the text you wish to quote, right-click, copy, paste it in your reply and surround it with [quote][/quote] (or click the little " icon at the top bar in the "Switch to Full Reply" screen) . You can do it as many times as you need. Just make sure that you indicate whose quotes you are replying to, otherwise confusion and hurt feelings will ensue. ;\)

#21363 - 03/01/09 07:36 PM Re: Why Satanism? [Re: Dan_Dread]
Ichtus Offline
stranger

When you understand why I see your beliefs as dark and undesirable, evil even, then maybe you will have answered your own question.

That would involve me making presumptions about you in the way that you presume to know what I believe. I don't want to put words in your mouth.

How is Satanism appealing to you? Is appealing the wrong word?

Feel free to ignore my questions.

Thanks,
Ichtus.

#21364 - 03/01/09 07:40 PM Re: Why Satanism? [Re: Nemesis]
Ichtus Offline
stranger

Originally Posted By: Nemesis
Yes, Ichtus, it is possible to multi-quote in a reply...simply highlight the text you wish to quote, right-click, copy, paste it in your reply and surround it with
 Quote:
(or click the little " icon at the top bar in the "Switch to Full Reply" screen) . You can do it as many times as you need. Just make sure that you indicate whose quotes you are replying to, otherwise confusion and hurt feelings will ensue. ;\)

Thanks Nemesis.

In other forums I've seen an icon which you click for every post that you want to reply to. So when you hit "quote" it has all the posts already enclosed in quote tags for you. I thought there might be something similar here.

#21365 - 03/01/09 07:42 PM Re: Why Satanism? [Re: Ichtus]
Fist Moderator Offline
veteran member

Loc: B'mo Cautious MF
Oh dear, I may have my work cut out here....

Quote:
I'll assume from your reply that you associate satanism/satan with light.

Noooo, your Bible does. Ever hear of this guy called 'Lucifer'? The Morning Star? Sound familiar? No?

How about these?:

"How you have fallen from heaven, O MORNING STAR, son of the dawn! You have been cast down to the Earth, you who once laid low the nations! You said in your heart, "I will ascend to heaven; I will raise my throne above the stars of God; I will sit enthroned on the mount of assembly, on the utmost heights of the sacred mountain. I will ascend above the tops of the clouds; I will make myself like the Most High." (Isaiah 14:12-14)

"I, Jesus, have sent my angel to give you this testimony for the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, and the bright MORNING STAR." (Rev. 22:16)

"And we have the word of the prophets made more certain, and you will do well to pay attention to it, as to a light shining in a dark place, until the day dawns and the MORNING STAR rises in your hearts." (2 Peter 1:19)

"Just as I have received authority from my Father. I will also give him the MORNING STAR." (Rev. 2:27-29)

"After this, Job opened his mouth and cursed the day of his birth. He said: "May the day of my birth perish ... May its MORNING STARS become dark; may it wait for daylight in vain and not see the first rays of dawn, for it did not shut the doors of the womb on me to hide trouble from my eyes." (Job 3:1-10)

"Where were you when I laid the Earth's foundation? ... On what were its footings set, or who laid its cornerstone - while the MORNING STARS sang together and all the angels shouted for joy?" (Job 38:4-7)

I know what your reply will be before you give it. The last Xtian that came here was called Lux. He had a lot of trouble explaining this too. But good luck to you!

It might be worth searching for a few of his posts before going any further. Just a word to the wise...

#21366 - 03/01/09 08:00 PM Re: Why Satanism? [Re: Ichtus]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Quote:

That would involve me making presumptions about you in the way that you presume to know what I believe

Of course I do. You announced it your very first post. A devout follower of jesus christ, said you.
Unless you are some sort of fringe christian Atheist believer, you are just being dishonest.
 Quote:

How is Satanism appealing to you?

Satanist is just a label that describes what I naturally am.

But to give a few specifics:

-Satanism deals entirely with the here and now. since I find the whole idea of a soul ridiculous, this jives with me.

-Satanism enshrines THIS life above all else, since it's the only one we can actually demonstrate having.

-Satanism is pro-human, seeing man and his natural behaviors as just fine and dandy.

and finally,

-Satanism doesn't rely on any outlandish unproven/unprovable claims to function. It is a religion of the mundane, a temple built to reality as it IS, rather than how some book says it should be.

I could go on, but if I haven't gotten through to you yet I doubt you are listening.

Page 1 of 3 123>

Moderator:  SkaffenAmtiskaw, fakepropht, TV is God, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.027 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.