Page 1 of 6 12345>Last »
Topic Options
#21450 - 03/03/09 08:25 AM US Satanist bands
Macumba Offline
stranger

As an European, i don't know many of them, except Absu.

Who else ?

#21453 - 03/03/09 11:28 AM Re: US Satanist bands [Re: Macumba]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

Search deeper in your genre.. plenty of them...
Most black metal-bands are made out of "Satanists"..
Or are they doing it for their image?... Whatever..

#21465 - 03/03/09 01:10 PM Re: US Satanist bands [Re: Macumba]
Rig Offline
stranger

Loc: Grand Rapids, MI
 Originally Posted By: Macumba
As an European, i don't know many of them, except Absu.

The metal scene here in the US isn't as good as it is overseas, but there are a couple Satanic black metal bands that come to mind: Grand Belial's Key, Leviathan, Kult ov Azazel, Goatwhore and Judas Iscariot. You already mentioned Absu, who--in my opinion--is the best US black metal band. Like Dimitri said, explore deeper in the genre--you'll find what you're looking for.

Originally Posted By: Dimitri
Search deeper in your genre.. plenty of them...
Most black metal-bands are made out of "Satanists"..
Or are they doing it for their image?... Whatever..

Some are all about the image, others are serious. Slayer, for instance, is hypocritical--Tom Araya is a practicing Catholic, yet most of their music is anti-Christian. Good message, but coming from the wrong person. Then there are other bands such as Mercyful Fate, Bathory, and Rotting Christ, who are--or were--all serious about their music and the messages behind it.

#21480 - 03/03/09 06:47 PM Re: US Satanist bands [Re: Rig]
Linaka113 Offline

Loc: East Bay 510 CA
I know Crebain and Horn of Dagoth. There is a bass guitarist (Ancalagon)that is in those two bands. I know him he is a loyal infernal of mine. Both of the bands are from the San Francisco Bay Area. There is Vietus Mortuus,Necrite,and Lighting Swords of Death all from California. Theres many more but it is you that need to go onto a journey to search.

Here is a link to a record label:
http://moribundcult.com/

There is also a webzine called The Satanic Inquisition. So far they only have a Myspace profile. There website link is goofy right now. Heres the link to Myspace.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=43389845

I hope this serves a purpose to your black metal american band adventure!.

#21772 - 03/09/09 12:52 AM Re: US Satanist bands [Re: Linaka113]
Morbid Rex Offline

The only bands I listen to with ties to Satanism are Electric Hellfire Club and Emperor, the latter of which you've probably heard of since they're not an American band.

Satanism! The only scientifically proven religion.

#21806 - 03/09/09 09:15 PM Re: US Satanist bands [Re: Macumba]
Draculesti Offline
Impaler

Loc: Rockville, Maryland
There is also Averse Sefira from Austin, Texas (great band); there is also Krieg (now defunct), Nachtmystium from Chicago, Woe from Philadelphia, Wolves in the Throne Room from Washington State, and another great San Fran band, if they haven't been mentioned aleady: Weakling (their only album, Dead As Dreams, is classic, and has recently been reissued). There is also Xasthur, although for me, it is not one of the best acts, with the exception of the "To Violate the Oblivious" album.

Wrest of Leviathan also has a project called Lurker of Chalice, originally released on Total Holocaust and issued in the States on the Southern Lord label. He was also involved, along with Malefic of Xasthur, Hildolf of Draugar, Azentrius of Nachtmystium, and Imperial of Krieg in a project called "Twilight". As you can see, there are quite a few great bands here; some can hold a candle to the European scene, while some leave much to be desired in that respect. A great place to search is myspace searching by country, as well as American labels such as Dark Horizon Records, the label of Lord Typhus, the founding member of Typhus, and, as has already been mentioned, Moribund records.

Homo Homini Lupus

#26556 - 07/01/09 10:58 AM Re: US Satanist bands [Re: Draculesti]
Satans Scrotum Offline
stranger

I live in Illinois and a local satanic band is Electric Hellfire Club, they been around for a while.
#27435 - 07/23/09 03:23 PM Re: US Satanist bands [Re: Satans Scrotum]
jesusbeater Offline
pledge

Loc: Ireland
No ones mentioned poor old Glen Benton and Deicide, although I don't know if mentally ill is a better discription of him than Satanist.
Any one heard the mp3s that were floating around with him on the the Bob Larson Show in the 90's.They're very funny.I actually found them as I was typing this post so heres a link if any one fancies abit of a laugh.It actually reminds me of a conversation between Space Ghost and Zorack on Space Ghost Coast to Coast.
Glenn Benton vs Bob Larson

#27440 - 07/23/09 04:12 PM Re: US Satanist bands [Re: jesusbeater]
The Zebu Offline

Loc: Orlando, FL
Haha, wow, I've never heard those before... Hilarious.

Thanks for the link.

#27551 - 07/26/09 11:47 PM Re: US Satanist bands [Re: The Zebu]
synthysys Offline
lurker

The Electric Hellfire Club has already been mentioned, so I'll throw out their parent band, My Life With The Thrill Kill Kult. They're not as overtly-Satanic as EHC, but go and listen to Confession of a Knife and you'll see what I mean.
#29021 - 08/29/09 03:49 AM Re: US Satanist bands [Re: synthysys]
horrorbiz70 Offline
stranger

Loc: Villa Rica, GA
Alas we can not forget DANZIG. I have met him and he does seem to be the real deal in Satanism. His other band that he had after The Misfits and before the Danzig band , SAMHAIN, was leaning heavily toward the left hand path also.
#29036 - 08/29/09 10:34 AM Re: US Satanist bands [Re: horrorbiz70]
Ankhhape Offline
Banned
pledge

What would you say makes these artists/bands to be considered Satanist bands?
#29037 - 08/29/09 11:05 AM Re: US Satanist bands [Re: Ankhhape]
horrorbiz70 Offline
stranger

Hmmmm... Let's see. Maybe because they all claim to follow Satanism? Glenn Benton admits to being a Satanist , as does Glenn Danzig among others.
There are bands that claim to be satanists that are for show only. Most of the bands around the world that use Satanism as a claim to fame are just mere "wanna be's" and not true followers. Some even admit to use this as a gimmick to get listeners and fans.

#29038 - 08/29/09 11:14 AM Re: US Satanist bands [Re: horrorbiz70]
Ankhhape Offline
Banned
pledge

I just thought there might have been musical reasons to it.
Like how the drummer from Perfect Circle, who is a Thelemite, uses sacred geometry and sigilism in some of his playing or how M. Ford has incorporated Qliphothic frequencies into some of his recordings.

Thanks for the reply

#29039 - 08/29/09 11:31 AM Re: US Satanist bands [Re: Ankhhape]
horrorbiz70 Offline
stranger

Most of the bands mentioned write about Satanism within their lyrics. Danzig does his more subliminally than directly mentioning Satan.
Like in the song UNSPEAKABLE he asks the listener questions to make them think for themselves instead of being a sheep lead to slaughter.
Here are excerpts from the mentioned song,

"Don't you ever call upon things you shouldn't play with
Don't you ever look upon things that might offend you

Say what they don't like"

and this,

"Don't you ever question God or question how to pray
Don't you ever question laws, question what they say

Say what they don't like
Say what they don't like

Don't you ever
No
Don't ever call the unspeakable"

Page 1 of 6 12345>Last »

Moderator:  TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.026 seconds of which 0.003 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.