Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#21621 - 03/06/09 04:22 AM Persoanl Evoloution
Grandpabeast Offline

Loc: No. Utah. USA
I know that allot of the people here have been down more than one long and windy road when it comes to faith, spirituality and how you arrived at ones personal belief system. I thought it would be informative, interesting and revealing to talk openly and honestly about the Satanic belief system and either why you are here exploring this realm, or why you identify yourself as a Satanist.

Roger.

#21640 - 03/06/09 02:22 PM Re: Persoanl Evoloution [Re: Grandpabeast]
KaosKrieg Offline
stranger

Loc: NYC, USA
I perceive Satanism to be a means to achieve an end, that end being personal progression and evolution, to enhance the individual's vitality.

I think that Satanism is an affirmation of existence, a way of living, a way of experiencing, whereas religion would limit and moralize one's nature.

Of course, perspectives among those who call themselves "Satanists" differ from one another's because of different educational levels and understanding.

Now it's time to get off cyberspace and get on with my life...

#21644 - 03/06/09 03:26 PM Re: Persoanl Evoloution [Re: Grandpabeast]
Paul Offline
stranger

Loc: Debyshire, England
Believe in your self!

Nothing more, nothing less. I have read your other posts and I think you give too much credence to others. If you believe in yourself that is all you need. Let go and feel the force Luke!

Honestly! It isn't what you know it's what you leave behind that counts but don't be daunted by how little you are left with!

Too much brandy but maybe some sense nonetheless?

#21683 - 03/07/09 10:27 AM Re: Persoanl Evoloution [Re: Paul]
Grandpabeast Offline

Loc: No. Utah. USA
For me I don't know if it was so much of an evolution, as opposed to just affirming what I already knew and felt deep down in my core. As I had stated elsewhere, one time when reading TSB, it just clicked. I had explored many other spiritual and lifestyle paths, but for one reason or another something in them just didn't fit or ring true for me. As others have stated, either you are or you aren't a Satanist. I didn't choose Satanism, it chose me...

Roger.

#21684 - 03/07/09 10:29 AM Re: Persoanl Evoloution [Re: Paul]
joseph oreilly Offline
Incomprehensible--Banned
pledge

I think the concept of getting better or 'evolving' is distorted when it's out of context with it's absolute biological meaning, as to wether there's advancement in our physically immediate world you could argue that it's apparant in technology, culture and other things like that but really their changes can only really be defined as transitions as the context of them getting better is too subjective.
#21710 - 03/07/09 04:54 PM Re: Persoanl Evoloution [Re: joseph oreilly]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Loc: Vancouver, Canada
I can actually picture this guy composing his posts,choosing words from his thesaurus based on aesthetic value alone.

joseph are you aware of the fact that you are an idiot?

#21744 - 03/08/09 03:37 PM Re: Persoanl Evoloution [Re: Dan_Dread]
joseph oreilly Offline
Incomprehensible--Banned
pledge

Originally Posted By: Dan_Dread
I can actually picture this guy composing his posts,choosing words from his thesaurus based on aesthetic value alone.

joseph are you aware of the fact that you are an idiot?

Everybody, particularly you are, that earlier post was the most reasonable evaluation of the topic.

#21746 - 03/08/09 04:45 PM Re: Persoanl Evoloution [Re: joseph oreilly]
Fist Moderator Offline
veteran member

Loc: B'mo Cautious MF
As I mentioned here: http://www.the600club.com/topic10353-6.html , the boy talks in platitudes.

He also seems to have a gift for the one liner. A word to the wise: http://www.the600club.com/topic21726-1.html

At this point, I really must ask the mods for a ruling. Which is worse, the terse but accurate one liner or two or three sentences of utter gibberish?

#21747 - 03/08/09 05:07 PM Re: Persoanl Evoloution [Re: Fist]
joseph oreilly Offline
Incomprehensible--Banned
pledge

Originally Posted By: Fist
As I mentioned here: http://www.the600club.com/topic10353-6.html , the boy talks in platitudes.

He also seems to have a gift for the one liner. A word to the wise: http://www.the600club.com/topic21726-1.html

At this point, I really must ask the mods for a ruling. Which is worse, the terse but accurate one liner or two or three sentences of utter gibberish?

I could think of better ways to convey irony but it's just ridiculously effeminate, just because you have the ability to enjoy happy stars now doesn't mean you need to take to wearing bras and pointy wizard hats cheif, some times short statements relate alot of clarity as far as information goes, some times ideas require alot of annotation.

#21749 - 03/08/09 05:22 PM Re: Persoanl Evoloution [Re: joseph oreilly]
Fist Moderator Offline
veteran member

Loc: B'mo Cautious MF
Ok, you see right there! That is what we are talking about. That was a long single run-on sentence that meant absolutely nothing! What idea are you trying to convey? Really, no one knows what you are talking about.

#21770 - 03/08/09 11:59 PM Re: Persoanl Evoloution [Re: Fist]
Bacchae Offline
Satan's White Trash Neighbor

Loc: los angeles
 Originally Posted By: Fist

Fist.. one liners are definitely worse than meandering bullshit. 4 or 5 lines of head scratching oddness at least shows a little effort. if it becomes a pattern or a distraction, like J.O. here, of course they'll be removed from the forum eventually.

#21771 - 03/09/09 12:02 AM Re: Persoanl Evoloution [Re: joseph oreilly]
Bacchae Offline
Satan's White Trash Neighbor

Loc: los angeles
 Originally Posted By: joseph oreilly

I could think of better ways to convey irony but it's just ridiculously effeminate, just because you have the ability to enjoy happy stars now doesn't mean you need to take to wearing bras and pointy wizard hats cheif, some times short statements relate alot of clarity as far as information goes, some times ideas require alot of annotation.

just... wow. someone needs to adjust their medication.

#21787 - 03/09/09 12:22 PM Re: Persoanl Evoloution [Re: Grandpabeast]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

I never really had a religious upbringing, when I was younger my only experiences with church was when I was forced to go by my grandparents. I recall one instance where I was chastised for spitting in the holy water. I didn’t do it intending to be disrespectful, I was 5 years old and spitting was just something I did. After that my grandparents never wanted me to go to church with them again, I was thankful because church was just so boring, and scary. The thought of someone watching my every move still creeps me out to this day.

My next run in with the religion came when my mom enrolled me in some afterschool church day care, not because of any religious reasons, but because being a single parent she couldn’t afford to put me in my schools after school program. I remember the church was just down the road from our house so it was probably more convenient to pick me up from there. I don’t remember why, but I was eventually kicked out of that program.

From then on all my religious experiences came from other people, my aunt would often read me stories from the bible and would get mad when I would question the validity of what she was telling me. It seemed odd to me, at 9, that my aunt, whom revealed to me Santa Claus wasn’t real and I was too old to be believing in it, believed in some all powerful parental figure herself and was somehow more rational for it than my belief in Santa. I just couldn’t bring myself to believe the story of Adam and Eve, or any other biblical story for that matter. I began to wonder if there was something wrong with me, everyone else I knew seemed to believe it one form or another.

Eventually I decided that I didn’t want anything to do with “God”, I didn’t feel blessed. My parents had divorced when I was fairly young leaving my mom to take care of me and my sister with virtually no help from anyone. “What kind of God would allow this to happen?” I can remember thinking to myself. Then my rationalization went from “God must not be as nice as everyone says he is” to “There is no God” very quickly.

Fast forward four years. Moving from Fresno California to some tiny ass logging town in Oregon had been a culture shock for me. I wasn’t use to all the space not being taken up by huge buildings, or parking lots. But there was something else that was more confusing to me than my move a few years prior: my teenage years.

At 14 years old was when I first called myself a Satanist. Of course at the point in time I had no idea what a Satanist really was, I was just using it to get a rise people. The teachers and students at my school were all very religious, many of them even went to the same church and I was viewed as the godless heathen outsider. Even though I never really had any desire to participate in their church youth group activities; I was annoyed at the way the ostracized me for not being “one of the pack”. So I started referring to myself as a Satanist to piss them off. This only served to further ostracize me but I no longer cared. I had my music and video and games to occupy me so I had no real need for friends.

Skipping ahead another 2 years – when I was 16 I first came across The Satanic Bible and after reading the first couple pages I was surprised to see that it was not full of esoteric chants and invocations to “the dark lord”. What I really liked was how focused it seemed at exalting ones’ self above all others. Here was a book that reinforced my “delusions of grandeur” and spoke in a language that I could understand. Finally something I could belong to.

I wouldn’t exactly use the word epiphany, if only because I hate it for some strange reason, but it was an eye opening experience. Here were the things I had already come to accept as my own beliefs and someone had the foresight to come before me and give them a name. More exciting was the name given to them was one I had already been calling myself, Satanist.

And that is my story, in a nutshell.

#21795 - 03/09/09 02:36 PM Re: Persoanl Evoloution [Re: 6Satan6Archist6]
Morbid Rex Offline

Well I just got done working out and I'm a little tired so my brain feels foggy but I'll do my best to write all this in a coherent matter.

I was raised by a devoutly Catholic grandmother. Being indoctrinated into the religion at an early age I too became quite the God-fearing good Christian. But one thing that strikes me whenever I reminisce on it is that although I always accepted what was taught to me and believed that God existed I always felt the need to question my elders about God. I always wanted to find out God's nature for myself as opposed to simply letting people tell me about him. I remember being a little babe and thinking up countless questions to ask my Grandmother about God and Heaven and all that jibba jabba, and being a young boy I accepted whatever conclusions my Grandmother came to.

Even at that age my family may have perhaps seen a precursor to what I am now. I remember one time while I was riding somewhere with my Grandmother driving I got the urge to tell her something which I can't recall. I do remember the strange response I got and how I laughed when I said "Granny I got something to tell you" and she gasped and replied "You're a devil worshiper?"

Fast forward a few years with a few sessions of falling asleep in boring Catholic Church and asking God for forgiveness and I'm thirteen years old now and slowly beginning to come into an intellectual mold. It was at this age that I began to seriously question the nature of God and what I had been taught all my life. I began to question the Catholic Church and the Vatican and after some research online decided that it was best for me to become a nondenominational Christian. That gave me solace for awhile, but it didn't last long. After I questioned and left Catholicism it was like a hole was pierced inside of me that needed to be filled, so I began to research other religions.

I've been a Buddhist and a pseudo-Muslim for a day. Pseudo because you can't convert to Islam unless you're being overseen by two Muslim men, which I didn't know. Yeah....I was young and looking for guidance don't sue me.

Eventually these belief systems began to falter under my scrutiny and I decided to reject religion altogether. It was around this time that I first read up on Satanism, although I was still too caught up in White Light guilt to seriously consider it. So I became an Agnostic, but always felt the need for something more. That hole that emerged when I was 13 was still not completely full.

Fast forward a few more years and I'm out of the Hell known as High School, with a much more mature demeanor and a better head on my shoulders. Being a naturally curious person I began researching religion again out of pure boredom and once again come upon Satanism. Now being a few years smarter and removed from White Light guilt trips the philosophy speaks to me in a way that it didn't before. I download an Ebook of The Satanic Bible and my Agnostic train of thought slowly begins to move along an Atheistic one as the words written began to resonate and make sense to me.

As I continue to do research on Satanism and the LHP the destination I was meant to reach in my journey began to become clear. I purchased a real copy of The Satanic Bible, read, absorbed, and interpreted it's contents and became what I am today.

Satanism! The only scientifically proven religion.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  SkaffenAmtiskaw, fakepropht, TV is God, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.029 seconds of which 0.003 seconds were spent on 27 queries. Zlib compression disabled.