Page 2 of 5 <12345>
Topic Options
#22428 - 03/23/09 05:28 PM Re: Anybody workout? [Re: Morbid Rex]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Loc: Vancouver, Canada
Well, as a guy that has been involved with MMA since the beginning and martial arts before that, I highly recommend MMA training to anyone that desires physical superiority \:\)

Most MMA is just a solid mix of BJJ, wrestling, and Muay Thai, but between those three elements the whole of fighting is pretty much covered.

#22561 - 03/26/09 05:49 AM Re: Anybody workout? [Re: Morbid Rex]
the caco daemon Offline
lurker

Loc: u.s.a.
I use to weigh 220. I now way 182 I'm 6'3" i use to have a gym membership but stopped going to save money. my secret is pushups 3x a day, counting calories, and i figured out for myself lots of caffeine. it helps my heart move faster and keeps me moving throughout the day.
#22990 - 04/05/09 10:16 PM Re: Anybody workout? [Re: Morbid Rex]
DREX Offline
stranger

Loc: USA
lol upper body realy is no good unless you are going to push people back. your strike does not need to be powerfull just fast. if you can hit your opponet twice before they can hit back their strke wont even hurt. I myself use kicks to drop them then use either a ground and pound a guillotine or some form of choke.

im a 6'0 200lb MMA fighter i started training at 16 and never stoped i will not ever do UFC because of the rules but im telling you now DO NOT EVER kick someone that is already down and NEVER perform a knee drop Unless you plan on killing them that is one of my good friends is serving 1 count of manslaughter for kicking a guy that was on the ground
and I've seen some nasty knee drops

But to get back on point the only workout you need to be a good fighter is cardio.

#22998 - 04/06/09 12:03 AM Re: Anybody workout? [Re: DREX]
Linaka113 Offline

Loc: East Bay 510 CA
I do workout when I can. At work I'm always bussy that keeps me active. During my off time I dance moving my hips works the muscles. I only eat 2 meals a day instead of eatting a lunch. I eat this bar called Mrs. Marys Naturals it has three nuts, three seeds,and three fruits. You can get a box of it from Costco for $15.99. After I'm done with the bar I down a bottle water. Right there I keep myself full until dinner time. I also do light jogging and sex.

I'm impressed Dan ;\)

#23027 - 04/06/09 07:33 PM Re: Anybody workout? [Re: Linaka113]
JudgeFudge Offline
stranger

Loc: Hills of Appalachia.
Unlike everyone else here (it seems) I work out to maintain how I look and be healthy. Usually sit ups, push ups, running, weight lifting, that sort of thing. As for my diet I'm a pescetarian. I've also been getting into sambo.

#23053 - 04/07/09 04:14 AM Re: Anybody workout? [Re: Morbid Rex]
coelentrate Offline

Loc: Dundee, Scotland
I do taekwondo for fitness, improved concentration, and discipline. Exercising just to exercise is very boring to me. In taekwondo, at least I'm learning something.
#23057 - 04/07/09 11:40 AM Re: Anybody workout? [Re: coelentrate]
KaosKrieg Offline
stranger

Loc: NYC, USA
Even though I often hear Tae Kwon Do playfully referred to as "Take One's Dough," I'll have to agree with you on its benefits. Loosely translated as "The art of hands and feet," the purpose is to attain the feeling of the mind and body working as one.

It gives me the feeling of being Kosher for Passover!

Edited by KaosKrieg (04/07/09 11:48 AM)

#23063 - 04/07/09 05:37 PM Re: Anybody workout? [Re: DREX]
Ringmaster Offline

Loc: Salem Oregon
 Quote:
DO NOT EVER kick someone that is already down

What rule makes that so? In a fight isn't the goal to be a terror to you enemy? There is no room to be soft if you are already engaged in combat. I personally do what I have to because the only unfair fight is the one that you lose.

As for work out, I do pt in the mornings. Just simple 5+ mile runs as of the past week or so. But it gets rotated about a day of upper body push ups and stuff like that. Then lower body such as sit ups flutter kicks. Then running. But as far as going to the gym no not really once in a blue moon if I got a friend who needs a buddy to spot or if I have a pt test coming up.

#23064 - 04/07/09 05:39 PM Re: Anybody workout? [Re: Ringmaster]
Morbid Rex Offline

heh, the way I see it the only times kicks can never be implemented is in a fight that's done for pure sport. But in a street fight anything can happen, the point is to attack your opponent until they can't or don't want to attack you.

Edited by Morbid Rex (04/07/09 05:40 PM)

Satanism! The only scientifically proven religion.

#23065 - 04/07/09 05:45 PM Re: Anybody workout? [Re: Morbid Rex]
Ringmaster Offline

Loc: Salem Oregon
No the point of a fight (in my view) is to incapacitate to enemy. They are your enemy for a reason give them a reason to quit which is the inability to continue. I see no point in "oh we were fighting but you haven't learned your lesson as to why we are fighting. You want to stop because you aren't winning so I need to quit." Screw that! Make them remember you for the rest of their life. Leave them with shame and let them ruminate over the fact that you are supperior. Let them understand that might is right.

#23069 - 04/07/09 06:56 PM Re: Anybody workout? [Re: Ringmaster]
Jake999 Offline

LOL! I'm sorry, but if someone fights with me, I'll kick 'em while they're down. Count on it. If I can get in close enough, I'll stick 'em. I do the maximum damage I can. Why? Simple deterrence. The message is clear. Don't start shit with me and all will be well.

#23071 - 04/07/09 09:23 PM Re: Anybody workout? [Re: Jake999]
DREX Offline
stranger

Loc: USA
Dont get me wrong I will kick and do anything else needed to win but I dont plan on killing my enemy just downing them to the point that they cant stand. most of the time one or two kicks to the head while standing are enough but once an enemy is down a ground and pound or choke is enough a kick to the head once they are down can and will kill them. And I am not going to lie that is a scary feeling and not somthing I will do again.

#23074 - 04/07/09 11:30 PM Re: Anybody workout? [Re: DREX]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Loc: Vancouver, Canada
Head kicks while on the ground were always legal in PRIDE, and nobody ever died in pride. I myself have eaten and dished out many head kicks on the ground while sparring/in matches and I live still! (as do each the unfortunate motherfuckers I gave a close-up of my foot to)

Weren't you leaving?

#23076 - 04/08/09 03:36 AM Re: Anybody workout? [Re: KaosKrieg]
coelentrate Offline

Loc: Dundee, Scotland
 Originally Posted By: KaosKrieg
Even though I often hear Tae Kwon Do playfully referred to as "Take One's Dough,"

My school was like that. The owner of the place promoted people that had no business being up there, because he got money by doing it. It was dangerous because those people thought they were a lot more badass than they really were.

But, the learning depends more on the student than the teacher. If you want to learn it for real and work hard, they'll teach you for real. you make their school look good.

#23170 - 04/10/09 06:42 PM Re: Anybody workout? [Re: coelentrate]
EwanCS Offline
stranger

Loc: Glasgow, UK
I slipped a disk a couple of years ago, which limits what I can do in terms of working out. I can use what my brother so eloqently described as "pussy-weights" but that is about it. Contemplating starting jogging in the mornings though. Feel I could do with losing a pound or so.
Page 2 of 5 <12345>

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.027 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.