Page 10 of 10 « First<678910
Topic Options
#51758 - 03/25/11 04:53 PM Re: The Satanic Destruction Ritual [Re: Jake999]
Michael A.Aquino Offline
stalker

Loc: San Francisco, CA, USA
 Originally Posted By: Jake999
Once he told me, "Jake when we're alone, you can call me Anton." I tried once. It felt so alien that I never did it again. It could have been partly my military training, coupled with the respect I had for him, but I just could not get my head around calling him by his first name.

I had the same invitation, but didn't even use it once. Diane, Karla, Zeena, sure; but not him. Face-to-face or in correspondence he was always "Dr. LaVey" or "Sir", or impersonally "The High Priest".

Up through 1975 anyway the title "Doctor" was taken literally, referring to a "Doctorate of Satanic Theology" which Anton first asserted on the jacket of the Satanic Mass record. The Church made it integral with the degree of Magus V°, and had back-burner plans to formalize a course of study to it at some future point. In the meantime we had no problem defending the Church's recognition of the title in his case. Rather as with Dr. Who, we considered him "the genuine article", as it were. He himself was a bit more circumspect:

Originally Posted By: Anton LaVey to M.A.A. 4/12/74
The more “Doctors” I see in print, the more I want to shuck the title. I can take it with Forry because of his innate sense of humor. In fact he should add “Mad” as a prefix. Trouble is, too many would take him literally. I may start calling myself “Grand Exalted Caliph and Satrap of the Infernal Empire and its Myriad Bolgas, Imperial Vizier of the Plutonian Legions, Magistrate Plenipotentiary of the Court of the Crimson King, Almighty Tunafish of the Mystic Knights of the Sea, His Most Omnipotent Excellency Herr Docktor Inspector General Tony LaVey, Bart (‘Bay Area Rapid Transit’, that is)”. For short they can call me “Tony”.

I can remember when they would yell “Is there a doctor in the house?”. It meant someone was sick or injured. It always referred to an M.D. In fact an old burlesque gag went: A matronly Jewish lady in the audience would suddenly stand up during the performance and yell “Is there a doctor in the house?”. A doctor would arise from his seat, saying “Yes, madame, can I be of assistance?”. To which the old blister would reply: “Yes, I’d like you to meet my daughter.”

Now everybody’s a doctor. In fact I bet there are more doctors than Jewish mothers.

#51760 - 03/25/11 05:19 PM Re: The Satanic Destruction Ritual [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
Jake999 Offline

I could call Karla by her name and Zeena as well... but it was always Lady Diane. I couldn't see her as anything else out of the respect I had for her. Even when things started to go bad and I would see them argue, it was Lady Diane. And it got hard at times when they were at odds, because I really liked her on a personal level beyond the respect I had for her within the Church.

#51787 - 03/27/11 01:32 AM Re: The Satanic Destruction Ritual [Re: Jake999]
SatanicVeteran Offline
stranger

Loc: San Francisco
Wow, These stories are so fucking cool! Its serial to read all of these notes from Levey and the like talking about SF and riding the Bart. As i scurry around this city i cant help but think about all of the stories i have heard that went down here. When i ride the Bart i am somehow always expecting to see Dr.Lavey come round the corner.

Man i wish i could have been around back in the day when you guys where casting curses on hippies..Epic!

#51818 - 03/27/11 03:56 PM Re: The Satanic Destruction Ritual [Re: SatanicVeteran]
Michael A.Aquino Offline
stalker

Loc: San Francisco, CA, USA
 Originally Posted By: SatanicVeteran
Wow, These stories are so fucking cool! Its serial to read all of these notes from LaVey ... Man i wish i could have been around back in the day when you guys where casting curses on hippies..Epic!

The main purpose of my The Church of Satan was to recapture the original experience of the 1966-75 Church generally, and of its various personalities including Anton specifically, for readers who had missed, or only seen a little part of that "adventure". So it & its appendices are crammed with just about all the period-data you could wish. A free ebook download.

Another major project is Burton Wolfe's recent The Black Pope revision of his 1974 The Devil's Avenger, which you can order here for US$12. This is primarily an ASLV biography, not a history of the Church.

I wouldn't waste time or $ on Densley's Secret Life of a Satanist, nor on the Gilmore puffstuff. For an honest, no-bullshit look behind the doors of 6114 after 1975, I think we all need to gang up on Jake and harass him into write his memoirs.

#51820 - 03/27/11 04:33 PM Re: The Satanic Destruction Ritual [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
Krishna Offline
lurker

I think Jake should write a book about his varied life experiences, including his time with Anton LaVey. They would make for an interesting read. Sure, we have Dr.Aquino, Wolfe, and Densely's takes on the good Doktor, but Jake has dished out quite an array of stories and experiences unavailable elsewhere.
Have you considered writing a book, Jake?

#51860 - 03/28/11 03:26 PM Re: The Satanic Destruction Ritual [Re: Krishna]
SatanicVeteran Offline
stranger

Loc: San Francisco
< Green Eyed Hampster
#52507 - 04/08/11 06:41 PM Re: The Satanic Destruction Ritual [Re: Satansfarm]
mightisright Offline
stranger

I'm often amazed by how well LaVey's ritual work. Especially the destruction one. it truly strikes me as incredible. As a new member, it is so great to have someone who shares the same views. \:\)
#107812 - 08/02/16 08:21 AM Re: The Satanic Destruction Ritual [Re: Morbid Rex]
onesmua2016 Offline
lurker

concerning the satanic ritual if any one cares can directly explain to me,i have been casting many spells and not one worked does it mean i do not have faith with the gods.i believe some one out there have tried and worked for him,kindly explain where am going wrong or what the hell ave not read correctly.hoping to hear from you and explain about the success.
#107845 - 08/03/16 03:37 PM Re: The Satanic Destruction Ritual [Re: onesmua2016]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

Faith is not the issue.
To put it in a more philosophical and theological perspective:
"You've been asking the wrong questions".

Do you honestly believe powerful immortal beings can be summoned and asked to do your bidding? Do you honestly believe they would even care the slightest?

Just imagine what you are doing. You, a mere mortal with no power nor any special talents AT ALL, are demanding semi-omnipotent and everlasting powers to do your bidding. It's ironic... and sad.

The unspoken question you have is "What can they do to help me" whereas the real question should be "What can I do to help myself".

Think about that one before asking and posting some inane dribble.

#111338 - 01/27/17 07:55 PM Re: The Satanic Destruction Ritual [Re: Satansfarm]
Aesalon Offline
lurker

Woa, nice thread this one. I did a personally customised version of a destruction spell, slightly lowered the dose. A guy was bothering non stop so I needed to do two things: 1- find the place where he cannot bother me as much. 2- I needed to blow steam, so I wrote it out and drew the guy getting it. It was a good psychodrama for me, as after it I was no longer affected by the guy. So he goes and bothers other people in town and I thought 'we'll he's going to get it'...Got beaten up twice, by different people. Then got jailed and given a fine for drinking in a public place and insulting an officer. All at once, the guy had it coming. I warned him before. Did I make it happen? I have no clue but the blowing steam on paper was useful for me.
#112961 - 05/30/17 01:48 AM Re: The Satanic Destruction Ritual [Re: Satansfarm]
zeb13 Offline
lurker

Thanks.
I appreciated your post.

Page 10 of 10 « First<678910

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.028 seconds of which 0.003 seconds were spent on 24 queries. Zlib compression disabled.