Page 5 of 10 « First<34567>Last »
Topic Options
#25289 - 06/03/09 03:33 PM Re: The Satanic Destruction Ritual [Re: Satansfarm]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

I used to intentionally go out looking for fights. I liked fighting, I don't know why, but I did know that everyone had a line and I got damn good at crossing it. Eventually I grew out of it as violence for the sake of violence got rather boring. Not to mention the fact that no one likes an asshole, or getting charged with assault.

I have no need to "throw curses"; should someone be in dire need of an ass bruising I will dispense it with a smile on my face. Somethings just aren't worth the effort anymore though. "Don't sweat the petty shit, pet the sweaty shit."

It seems like it would take too much time and energy to perform a destruction ritual. No, I am not talking about "energy" as like some supernatural force, but the energy I could be using to go fishing or shoot a game of pool or have sex.

As far as LaVey being against one projecting their value systems onto others, I would disagree.

"When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you ask them to stop, if they do not, destroy them."

sure sounds like a projection of values to me.

#27216 - 07/18/09 07:51 AM Re: The Satanic Destruction Ritual [Re: 6Satan6Archist6]
Tranceparent Sky Offline
stranger

While many of my questions on magic were answered in TSB, there are a few that remain a bit foggy as to what magic actually is. Upon reading the process of the destruction ritual, I got the impression that it is simply used to take out ones anger and hatred on an individual by proxy (dolls, pictures, etc.) But then the book states that the best time to perform the ritual is at night or whenever the victim is less alert or sleeping. Does this mean that magic is a tangible force that actually exists outside of ones mind? Why would it matter what time of day it is or what the victim is doing?

#27224 - 07/18/09 04:50 PM Re: The Satanic Destruction Ritual [Re: Tranceparent Sky]
Morbid Rex Offline

Psychodrama. Your environment is just as important as your intentions. Performing a destructive ritual in a field full of lovely flowers and beautiful butterflies could never cause the same emotional response as say performing one in a dark creepy cemetary surrounded by dead folk could, no matter how sincere your rage may be.

As far as the legitimacy of magic goes...does it work? Maybe, Lavey certainly seemed to believe in it. There's that curiosity involving Jayne Mansfield. For the most part I see the Destruction Ritual as a non-threatening and legal way of unleashing your anger onto your intended victim, and if it actually has an effect then GREAT! Either way you win in the end whether it's by simply getting out negative emotions or sending your wrongdoer to their demise.

Satanism! The only scientifically proven religion.

#27629 - 07/28/09 03:59 PM Re: The Satanic Destruction Ritual [Re: Satansfarm]
Domonic Offline
stranger

Loc: Edgewood New Mex
I have been reading up on hexing and cursing, i am quite comfortable with my reasons to use such a method, but i havent been able to find anything trustworthy of casting, are there any suggestions as of what to study? Everything is too false anymore, too much false knowledge going on these days. Can any of you help me out, and if you have any suggestions, send it in a private message please. shemhamforash!
-zane.

#27671 - 07/29/09 12:37 AM Re: The Satanic Destruction Ritual [Re: Domonic]
Morbid Rex Offline

^ Do you not have a copy of The Satanic Bible?

The destruction ritual is spelled out for you there.

Satanism! The only scientifically proven religion.

#27681 - 07/29/09 02:12 AM Re: The Satanic Destruction Ritual [Re: Tranceparent Sky]
bluj666 Offline
stranger

Loc: Tennessee,USA
 Originally Posted By: Tranceparent Sky
While many of my questions on magic were answered in TSB, there are a few that remain a bit foggy as to what magic actually is. Upon reading the process of the destruction ritual, I got the impression that it is simply used to take out ones anger and hatred on an individual by proxy (dolls, pictures, etc.) But then the book states that the best time to perform the ritual is at night or whenever the victim is less alert or sleeping. Does this mean that magic is a tangible force that actually exists outside of ones mind? Why would it matter what time of day it is or what the victim is doing?

Honestly I think much of Antons works such as TSB, The satanic witch and Satanic ritual was writen back with LaVey beleived in a literal Satan and the true aspect of magick then later when he commercialized and changed the focus of the CoS he just took what he originally wrote and practiced and put it in with what he was recently trying to protray rather then just rewriting everything and felt no one would give it much thought. So when you see how he talks about it all being Pychodrama then him describing the elements of successful magick it was just a merger of the two different points of his life.

#27686 - 07/29/09 02:58 AM Re: The Satanic Destruction Ritual [Re: bluj666]
Asmedious Moderator Offline

Loc: New York
 Quote:
The satanic witch and Satanic ritual was writen back with LaVey beleived in a literal Satan.......

Could you point me to any of his statements, where he claims to believe, or has ever believed in Satan, as a literal being?

#27688 - 07/29/09 03:16 AM Re: The Satanic Destruction Ritual [Re: Asmedious]
bluj666 Offline
stranger

Loc: Tennessee,USA
well if you read between the lines and note the way in which LaVey address satan and speak of him you can see glipses that could be preceived as such and draw conclusions based on that. But based on what was said by the original members of the CoS that were at the high ranking level of membership, that LaVey did beleive in a literal satan and the effects of magick, one of these people being a member of this site. Memebers of LeVays family have also made claims that what Anton told general public and the lower level members of the CoS and what he actually practiced and discussed with the higher levels of the CoS were two different things, one of whom is Stanton LeVay.
#27925 - 08/05/09 03:55 AM Re: The Satanic Destruction Ritual [Re: Satansfarm]
Michael A.Aquino Offline
stalker

Loc: San Francisco, CA, USA
Interesting thread. Lot of brainpower being exercised here.

I will tell you a story about a one-sided conversation.

In 1971 Anton LaVey visited me in Louisville, at which time he asked me to do a Lovecraft introduction & ritual for his Satanic Rituals. One day we were having lunch at the Fort Knox Officers Club, tossing this around, and I said [paraphrasing all the following], "The three rituals in the Satanic Bible are all operative, but it looks like this book is going to be completely illustrative." He responded with the ASLV grin, which meant that I'd missed something, been a roob.

I thought, then said, "O.K., the new stuff is all illustrative, so I'm off-base on the old ... it's illustrative too." He nodded, waited for me to go on.

"So it doesn't affect the object, just the subject emotionally and psychodramatically. But Satanism also means getting your way, getting even, controlling situations in a very real sense, so that means that the operative is all in the LBM side of things." He nodded again; I was back on frequency.

He went on to say, quite reasonably, that the SB rituals were superficially misleading in that way because he had no control over who would buy his book, and he didn't want immature or impulsive readers actually harming others because of LBM techniques the book suggested. Which of course might also subject him to liability. So he stayed with the feelgood harmless psychodramas, same as in the original Friday night Church meetings at 6114 California Street.

This opens the dark door of LBM where magical operations involving others are concerned. What this means is that you are first assuming the perspective, the wisdom, and the ethics to pass judgment in a situation; then you use your LBM skills and tools to make your judgment happen.

You can see the problems here. The tendency is to resort to magic when normal social methods of rectification aren't satisfactory. Social laws covering things harmful to others generally don't reach into LBM methodology, because most people don't understand it, don't believe it exists.

So if you the Satanist gets good with the skills and the tools, but not with the ethics, you can all too easily wind up a Mr. Hyde. And that is not good for you, not to mention those "judged" by Hyde along the way.

This is why the LBM chapter in the Temple of Set's introductory Crystal Tablet of Set spends as much time on ethics as on LBM.

For Black Magicians starting out in the area of LBM, I generally recommend stage magic and martial arts. The former because it is excellent training in how to sense, control, and change the perceptions and moods of others, in a way that is both harmless and entertaining [including to yourself]. Most people don't know that Anton was among other things a well-studied and accomplished stage magician, and used these skills to great and usually unsuspected effect in many Church and nonChurch situations.

The latter not so you can beat up people wantonly, but more like Caine, so that you can be untouchable, invisible, and immune to coarse, profane attacks attempted against you. The best martial artists insist upon your state of mind first, your fists and feet second. As with stage magic, you come to sense, evaluate, and adjust situations before others have any idea what's going on.

LBM in greater depth leads in directions such as one of my professional fields, Psychological Operations (PSYOP), mind control, etc. Most of that in nonmagical application is very superficial, very amateur; and for ordinary people that is right where it should stay. When it has gone beyond that, as in the well-known examples of Nazi Germany and MK-ULTRA, it has been Mr. Hyde in extremely out-of-control and seriously damaging ways. Don't go there, Grasshopper.

I think the best SB-mode curse ritual was Chef's explosion upon returning to the boat in Apocalypse Now. Good DRs are, you know, "spontaneous and heartfelt".

#28028 - 08/07/09 12:47 AM Re: The Satanic Destruction Ritual [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
Satansfarm Offline

Loc: america
I do see the dangers in becoming a Mr. Hyde, Michael. The universe has this uncanny way of balancing itself. Since there is a great deal of energy required to perform GBM, I tend to refrain from using it unless absolutely necessary. There are times, however when I found myself in extremely dire circumstances, literally surrounded by enemies. I had to make examples of people just to protect my own hide. (Hyde). There is a giddiness that accompanies warfare, punch drunkeness if you may call it that. These are life and death struggles I am talking about. Perhaps there is a cooling down period required after taking such measures.
It has also been my experience to have had to curse someone who was not defenseless. I saw the black morass of my opponents curse take form as I was just about to emerge from a dream. I was very ill for a long time afterwards.
After a long debate with myself, I decided that I would have to change my lifestyle and become less obtrusive in this world. Making myself an easy target is just not a good idea. I must learn defense as well as attack.
According to the ART OF WAR by Sun Tsu, defense means digging in deep, merging with the shadows, becoming invisible, unpredictable. Life is a struggle, it is eating and avoiding being eaten.
An army simply cannot remain in the field indefinitely. Eventually, its momentum will depreciate and its supplies will become exhausted. Those who are too keen to fight will discover that they have become an easy meal for those who are better prepared and fully rested.

#28186 - 08/09/09 04:59 AM Re: The Satanic Destruction Ritual [Re: Satansfarm]
Satansfarm Offline

I don't regret any of the misfortunes that have befallen people I've cursed. I would rather do it with magic than having to switch to manual. Then things would get really untidy, wouldn't they?
I also employ psychological warfare as a form of LBM. It's the results that count, eh?

Edited by Satansfarm (08/09/09 05:01 AM)

#28338 - 08/12/09 11:56 AM Re: The Satanic Destruction Ritual [Re: Paul]
Mr Chips Offline
stranger

Originally Posted By: Paul
But ritual magic works. It is a latent mechanism inherent to all life. Look around you. Every corner of the globe has it's own version. People isolated by mountains, oceans & ice all have the same belief. Yet you all think you are above it all and that is why I have decided to move on. No offence.

Re-read TSB, LaVey hinted at it, he told you it was real. The clues are there if you care to look. Ask yourself why TSR are so irrelevant.

Hint, hell. He was explicit about it. The Books of Belial and Leviathan are devoted to the subject, and he gave great advice about the best times for a psychic attack (for example). LaVey, at least in print, was a promoter of ritual magic as a means of getting what you want.

Now, what he might have said in person to his confidants, I don't know. What he might have privately believed, I don't know.

Does ritual magic work? Yes. I can attest that it does. Does it work directly... by affecting the target... or indirectly by affecting the Self... I suspect a little of both.

You don't need Spooks in the Sky or demons or fairies or any of that nonsense. There's a great universe full of mystery to tap, close enough to deity that you couldn't tell the differencce, and a dark undercurrent to it all. Make friends with that... don't fear it or worship it... but align yourself with it, and you'll be surprised at the results.

#28502 - 08/16/09 01:59 AM Re: The Satanic Destruction Ritual [Re: Mr Chips]
Satansfarm Offline

There are things that defy so called "conventional wisdom". Ritual magic is one of them. Despite what the school system or other institutions try to offer as the final word, magic is very real, and yes, is practiced in many different forms all over the world. It is striking that these magical systems have so many similarities. The presence of earth, air, fire and water, bells, books, candles, incantations and dance are just a few of these similarities. I have traced the practice of ritual magic in my own family. I have ancestors who were tribal indigenous peoples from the Carribbean. They practiced magic before Voudon was brought from Africa. These rituals were done before going into battle with rival tribes. Just about every one of life's key activities had some kind of magical spell to help move things along. I live it and breathe it every single day. It is a part of me just as much as my arms or legs. Let the religionists and the gladys kravitzes scoff, wag their heads, and tremble while I laugh at their puny, dessicated existences.
#28505 - 08/16/09 07:13 AM Re: The Satanic Destruction Ritual [Re: Satansfarm]
Wdrndr Offline
Idiot--banned
stranger

Loc: South Africa
Awe! So true... No matter what anyone says, spirit is more real than the mere physical things to be seen or the pshycological ego babble that gets past of as spirituality. Magic works and is 2 found in all cultures, all religions, all spirituality...Damm! Its a part of being a human being, we are born in and with magic. Its in us, its around us, its everywhere!
#28840 - 08/23/09 03:46 PM Re: The Satanic Destruction Ritual [Re: bluj666]
Tranceparent Sky Offline
stranger

Originally Posted By: bluj666
well if you read between the lines and note the way in which LaVey address satan and speak of him you can see glipses that could be preceived as such and draw conclusions based on that.

Actually, from what I've read, Dr. Lavey perceived Satan as a symbolic figure thus referring to him as a metaphorical existance. Satan is an incarnation of human nature, not a literal being. It's stated clearly in the book, so I have no idea where the fuck you got this conclusion. Care to elaborate?

Edited by Tranceparent Sky (08/23/09 03:48 PM)

Page 5 of 10 « First<34567>Last »

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.029 seconds of which 0.003 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.