Page 1 of 2 12>
Topic Options
#21843 - 03/10/09 05:13 PM The Three Demons
Rasha Offline
stranger

The Three Demons

Satan was wondering one day if he would have a suitable successor if need be. So he called forth his three most powerful Demons in all of Hell. As they gathered in front of him he explained to them that he is going to grant each one a wish to see who can get rid of mankind from the face of the Earth.

The first Demon steps up and says "Give me WAR!". War was spread through out the earth and many millions died horrible deaths. But then people pulled together and made peace treaties and have sworn against war. The first Demon failed!

The second Demon steps up and says "Give me disease!" and disease was spread through out the earth and many more millions died but mankind pulled together once again to make cures to combat the disease. The second Demon had also failed!

The third and most powerful Demon named 'Azazel' smiles as he steps up and says "Give me a WEDGE!". He succeeded and Satan was pleased.

I thought this story was a great interpretation of how division conquers. Why are so many different forms of Satanism divided in communities? In an attempt to unify should we not be focusing more on our similarities rather then our differences? Is it impossible to embrace each other’s different philosophies as strength?

The amount of distain that certain satanic groups have for other groups and vice versa, while some may be justified, most are counter productive and makes us weaker as a whole. What do you think?

#21844 - 03/10/09 08:17 PM Re: The Three Demons [Re: Rasha]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Loc: Vancouver, Canada
First, I think this little 'parable', as your other one, fails to be clever in any way shape or form.

With that said, there IS NO US.. Satanism is not a collective. Why the hell would I want to 'unify' with a lot of people I consider to be complete idiots just because they also claim the title "Satanist"?

Don't get me wrong, there are people within Satanism in general and the 600 club in specific that have earned my deepest respect through their contributions and expressions of Satanic thought and ideas, the thing is those people also realize Satanism is not a collective.

This whole idea of unification and acceptance of others and actively trying not to pass judgment on others and other beliefs runs directly upstream to Satanic thought and philosophy.

That is what I think.

#21846 - 03/10/09 11:09 PM Re: The Three Demons [Re: Dan_Dread]
Rasha Offline
stranger

Yes both stories are Parables. I have no personal attachment to my statement, it is a simple observation. I also believe that the term "Satanic Community" is a complete oxymoron. But that is just me.

But what if there was a collection of individual Satanists (no idiots) who could actually accomplsih some things and get something done. Whatever the purpose may be. Xtianity is notorious for thier segregation and division. Why be like them?

Edited by Rasha (03/10/09 11:10 PM)

#21848 - 03/10/09 11:43 PM Re: The Three Demons [Re: Rasha]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

Loc: New York City
Apparently, you are new to Satanism...

There are many views, and most of them are very very different.

Modern, Traditional, Gothic, CoS, jos, and etc...

Most Satanists, prefer to keep to their "own", and are not fond of hippy tree-hugging hand-holding bullshit.
This extending to the beliefs that most of the "other" groups are just full of shit.

This joining would be like a Xitain asking a jew to good friday dinner and not poisioning him.

I agree with Dan, most people claiming the title of Satanist are idiots.....

Morgan

#21849 - 03/11/09 12:04 AM Re: The Three Demons [Re: Rasha]
ta2zz Offline
veteran member

Loc: Connecticut

Ignorance runs rampant in the human race… A person’s religious beliefs do nothing to change this… While much between these beliefs are very different the underlying urges, wants and needs are the same… This and only this is why you will find very intelligent Christians and very stupid Satanists… Although other Satanists may try to deny them this self applied title… Funny no?

The fact that there are so many different branches of religion in any form does nothing but prove this… Christianity is strong because they accept their stupids and use them to attain their goals be that person a soldier, recruiter, or nothing but a wallet… Yet Satanists well at least the “Internet Satanists” that I see here seem to push away these stupids where others would use them… Shit in real life unless you are so stupid I cannot stand your presence, if you’re not of my pack or have not earned the respect to be considered as of my pack then you are fair game to be manipulated to my will…

What Morgan said about belief that other groups are full of shit, and a Christian hating a Jew only goes towards proving that this division is clearly human nature… A weakness of mankind not religion…

A Satanist should try to understand what drives him… Understanding these basic primitive urges and emotions is one step closer to controlling them…

Understanding and controlling your own self is enlightenment…

~T~

#21852 - 03/11/09 12:49 AM Re: The Three Demons [Re: ta2zz]
Rasha Offline
stranger

In response to Morgan I have actually been a practicing Traditional Satanist for 10 years. I just thought that since I am new to the boards I would bring up a topic that always generates negative reactions for some reason. The response is always the same, not matter which group of Satanists.

I should point out that by unity I mean collaboration for a specific purpose, not to hold hands like a bunch of tree hugging hippies. Why does uniting for a specific accomplishment make us like xtians? It has nothing to do with accepting and loving people for who they are and all that care bear candy. It is unfortunate that this is what peoples first interpretations are.

Like I said before, I have not personal attachment to this ideal but everyone is always so apposed to it that I find it interesting. What is wrong with having an underground Satanic empire? Why not level the playing field a bit? What if we could have the freedom of our religion protected from religious intolerances on a world body?

Edited by Rasha (03/11/09 12:49 AM)

#21853 - 03/11/09 01:05 AM Re: The Three Demons [Re: Rasha]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Well the first problem is that devil worshipers and Satanists have little to nothing in common. Spirituality of the sort offered by 'traditional Satanism' is anathema to Satanists.

I have nothing in common with you, and even if I had a 'team' I wouldn't want you or any mush minded spiritualists on it.

#21855 - 03/11/09 02:25 AM Re: The Three Demons [Re: Dan_Dread]
Bacchae Offline
Satan's White Trash Neighbor

Loc: los angeles
I have to agree with the always pleasant mr Dread here. devil worshippers are welcome to post here, but they should know that there is no "us", and that they are all closet christians. or muslims. or jews. or whatever monotheistic white light god floats your happy tugboat.

and whats with the creepy father satan thing? why not go all the way and just say daddy satan?

#21864 - 03/11/09 08:43 AM Re: The Three Demons [Re: Rasha]
KaosKrieg Offline
stranger

Loc: NYC, USA
I agree with you that "Satanic Community" is an oxymoron. Satanism is a highly individualized path, unlike Christianity (Or shall I say in Satanic terms, "xtianity?") and is also secularist, like xtianity.

Generally, why do the Satanists who don't perceive Satan as a deity call themselves "Satanists" and refer the ones who do perceive Satan in a theistic or spiritual sense as "devil worshipers?" I find that to be ironic as well.

Edited by KaosKrieg (03/11/09 08:44 AM)

#21870 - 03/11/09 11:47 AM Re: The Three Demons [Re: Rasha]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

We talked in chat about this and I'm going to repeat it here.
There is nothing wrong with uniting when there is a purpose that fulfills the need of all in it. I'll hook up with a theistic satanist or even a nazi-skinhead that wanks three times a day at uncle Adolf's picture, I could care less, the differences are trivial if the goal is identical. But if there is no goal that suits me, I am what comes natural to me; a loner.

D.

#21871 - 03/11/09 12:10 PM Re: The Three Demons [Re: Diavolo]
Rasha Offline
stranger

In responce to Dan Dread, what does having things in common have anything to do with accomplishing objectives?
#21872 - 03/11/09 12:32 PM Re: The Three Demons [Re: Rasha]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

Loc: New York City
"what does having things in common have anything to do with accomplishing objectives? "

Are you dense?
People will think about issues differently.
They will come to different decisions, and views based upon which thought patterns rings their bells.
When there is nothing in common, usually nothing will be accomplished except fights.

So far all you talk about is holding-hands and uniting for no given purpose, and you state you bring up this topic because you have found in the past, it annoys people. With no goal stated.

On that note, what exactly are you thinking about?
Why should anyone want to join your hidden "traditional satanic empire", after all most of us refuse to join any "open" and public" empire.

Hell, I don't want to be a member of Ron Pauls empire either on that note.

Morgan

#21877 - 03/11/09 01:51 PM Re: The Three Demons [Re: Morgan]
Rasha Offline
stranger

I did not bring this up for any real personal reason. This has nothing to do with any personal objectives of mine and I do not mean to upset anyone. I just like opening doors to new areas of thinking. It is always a lot easier to point out the problems then it is to point out the solutions.

Yes, there are many adversities to not having anything in common. But people overcome those adversities every day and it is not very hard at all. I have co-workers and peers that I have absolutely nothing in common with but we have also accomplished many things. If anything, having nothing in common should help you stay more focused on accomplishing the goal. That’s why enemies in many cases work better for you then friends do.

#21884 - 03/11/09 04:12 PM Re: The Three Demons [Re: Rasha]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Originally Posted By: Kaoskrieg
Generally, why do the Satanists who don't perceive Satan as a deity call themselves "Satanists" and refer the ones who do perceive Satan in a theistic or spiritual sense as "devil worshipers?"

A quick reading of the Satanic Bible would answer this question.

But here is the synopsis: Satan means 'opposer' , 'accuser' or 'adversary', and was never a proper name to begin with. The boogey man Satan wasn't invented until much later, in the NT.Satanism stands opposed to spirituality, mumbo jumbo, gobeldygook and all other forms of faith based self deception. It is a church of REALITY.

Devil worship, on the other hand, is nothing more than just another flavor of spirituality. A different dressing for the same crappy salad. They still look outward for guidance from an imaginary bogeyman.

I personally see these inverted christians as the most detestable sort of spiritualist out there, because they actually believe in "good" and "evil" and choose evil. That's right fucked up.

#21885 - 03/11/09 04:16 PM Re: The Three Demons [Re: Rasha]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Originally Posted By: Rasha
In responce to Dan Dread, what does having things in common have anything to do with accomplishing objectives?

I guess you just answered your own question.
Well, we would need objectives in common, or what would be the point. What makes you think your objectives are mine, or anyone elses?

People don't form unions and alliances for no reason at all.

Cui Bono?

Page 1 of 2 12>

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.027 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.