Page 2 of 2 <12
Topic Options
#21891 - 03/11/09 06:09 PM Re: The Three Demons [Re: Dan_Dread]
Rasha Offline
stranger

Good point. An establishment of objectives would be needed in order to communicate benefits to each individual. If the objectives is all you have in common with the person you might be able to accomplish it.

I should probably state that although I am a Traditional Satanist, I do not practice what most Traditional Satanists are known for. I agree that in many respects it is a reflection of xtianity. I have more adapted my own form to suit my needs. If that makes any sense.

#21945 - 03/12/09 08:10 PM Re: The Three Demons [Re: Rasha]
Fist Moderator Offline
veteran member

Loc: B'mo Cautious MF
Rasha, it is possible that you are on the right track but you are headed in the wrong direction.

There is value to collaboration in the name of enlightened self-interest. However, you will find most of the folks here are not interested in tales of Santa Clause or the Easter Bunny.

'We' do not need Elder Gods or demons. Man is evolving into his true deification. We are now at a point where we do, in fact, wield biblical power. Man can now raise the dead, create life, or rain fire down from the heavens. Given man's true power nearly limitless potential, why are you looking for some external 'force.'

God is in the mirror...

#22004 - 03/14/09 06:40 AM Re: The Three Demons [Re: Fist]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

I agree with Fist, there is no need for old gods or lore. We are on the edge of becoming these old gods, the potential is there and it is being unlocked. If people from the past would look at us now, they can't but drop on their knees and consider us godly.

About cooperation and change. Most people start wrong and first seek to cooperate and then find a goal or purpose for it. Start with the purpose first. What is your will and what do you want to do about it? Then seek to cooperate with others aligned with your egocentric position. Also abandon form when needed. I see someone from the LHP as rather formless, not implying he is without content. To accomplish a goal or strive for something, when being formless, you have the potential to adjust your form to the one required for a certain cooperation. When interacting with theists, be a theist, when with moderns, be a modern, with others, adjust accordingly. The focus is upon execution of your will, purpose. All the rest is either trivial or a tool. And never expect total change; always baby-steps, one at a time.

D.

#22006 - 03/14/09 01:51 PM Re: The Three Demons [Re: Rasha]
candyjesus Offline
stranger

Loc: NY
Your story answers your question. There is and will always be a struggle for some sort of power... especially when it comes to beliefs. See: The Butter Battle Book - Dr. Seuss

Best you can probably hope for is an 'agree to disagree' scenario.

I think the beauty of Satanism is being able to ditch the social norms ("can't we all just get along?") to go formulate your own opinions and ideas while maintaining your own very individual, unique, and sometimes even sociopathic perspective.

I'd like to loosely quote Darryl Zanuck (which I think is also an LBJ quote) "If two men agree all the time, then one is unnecessary. If they disagree all the time, then both are useless."

#22057 - 03/15/09 08:46 PM Re: The Three Demons [Re: candyjesus]
Rasha Offline
stranger

Excellent quote. It makes a lot of sense. As you can see throughout this thread the focus has really been on differences, rather then similarities.

In response to diavolo, you are right. Formlessness and adaptability is how I operate in the "real world." The classic mirror affect. This thread was more of an experiment if anything.

In response to Fist, I do not believe in any eldar gods or practice demonism. I practice a strong foundation of Satanic principles with additional theory in other areas. I see myself as God and I use other spiritual means for enlightenment, strength and the evolution of myself.

#22155 - 03/17/09 07:12 PM Re: The Three Demons [Re: Dan_Dread]
okard Offline
Dip shit--banned
lurker

Loc: sacramento, ca
rasha,
i liked ur parable. and i can see ur point clearly and on the whole i do agree. being a student, more of a scholar, of dialectics, situations always arise that demand solutions with some form of unity in thought and or action. just the nature of human existence. those that do not recognize or choose not to recognize that opposition to group thoughts or actions arise are kidding themselves. and many times opposition, strong opposition, comes from hard liners like i just read here.

#22160 - 03/17/09 08:02 PM Re: The Three Demons [Re: okard]
Nemesis Offline

Loc: US
Okard,

You say you're a scholar? Are you a lazy one? You must be, since you can't even be bothered to spell out the possessive pronoun "your", nor capitalize your proper nouns and the first words of your sentences.

Clean it up, no more warnings will follow.

Nemesis

#22161 - 03/17/09 08:31 PM Re: The Three Demons [Re: Nemesis]
okard Offline
Dip shit--banned
lurker

Loc: sacramento, ca
well that cuts it. hay dip shit im a writer and its my choice to write as i see fit. i can see this site is no different than any other. so take ur warning and stick it up ur ass.

im out a here.

#22166 - 03/17/09 09:39 PM Re: The Three Demons [Re: okard]
Nemesis Offline

Loc: US
I'm thrilled you have the talent to write like a 13 year old. Your parents must be so proud.

Oh, wait, you're leaving?

>>><<<

This thread is closed.

Page 2 of 2 <12

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.023 seconds of which 0.003 seconds were spent on 22 queries. Zlib compression disabled.