Page 5 of 14 « First<34567>Last »
Topic Options
#29333 - 09/05/09 06:42 PM Re: Are you a Church Of Satan member? [Re: Dimitri]
Ankhhape Offline
Banned
pledge

Actually, what 'is' a true modern day Satanist?
#29342 - 09/05/09 08:40 PM Re: Are you a Church Of Satan member? [Re: Ankhhape]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

Loc: New York City
Honestly, you are turning into an annoying fucker.
You are here long enough to understand the shit about no one liners.
You are also here long enough to either understand what this site is about or leave already.

Damn Damn Damn

Morgan

#29344 - 09/05/09 10:48 PM Re: Are you a Church Of Satan member? [Re: Morgan]
Ankhhape Offline
Banned
pledge

I'm a rebel you stupid bitch, can't ya tell?
I guess I have to puke up a load of useless drivel like the rest in order to fulfill my '600' word quota instead of just stating my question.

That said, I have looked around the site a bit and really can't find much on what exactly you are all about, so perhaps someone could either direct me to a thread or link that would clear up my misunderstandings or sum it up (no one liners though!) neatly for me here?

#29346 - 09/06/09 02:01 AM Re: Are you a Church Of Satan member? [Re: Ankhhape]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

You're not a rebel, you're annoying, big difference.
You registered in July, it's September, and you have no idea what this site is about after posting 33 times.

I can't find Xear's post on Modern Satanism, but here are 2 other threads to read over.

Satanism and Dogma http://www.the600club.com/topic26180-1.html
and
Atheistic Satanism http://www.the600club.com/topic26418.html

After that, if you still need another clue, maybe someone else can help you out.

Morgan

#29351 - 09/06/09 08:58 AM Re: Are you a Church Of Satan member? [Re: Ankhhape]
Fist Moderator Offline
veteran member

Loc: B'mo Cautious MF
 Quote:

I'm a rebel you stupid bitch, can't ya tell?

Hey fella', keep on like that and you will find yourself just another speed bump in the Hall of Shame with all of the other 'rebels.'

Quote:
I guess I have to puke up a load of useless drivel like the rest in order to fulfill my '600' word quota instead of just stating my question.

Nope, just make a few well written posts, have a touch of class, and in short order you will find yourself with a blue suit. Michael A. Aquino was invited into the fold after about 2 posts. But, that is also because he already had standing in the community. He didn't need to prove anything. His bona fides were established long ago.

You on the other hand, have a long way to go. You provide no value added to the community or to this site? Honestly, give me one reason why you are even here in the first place?

Quote:
That said, I have looked around the site a bit and really can't find much on what exactly you are all about, so perhaps someone could either direct me to a thread or link that would clear up my misunderstandings or sum it up (no one liners though!) neatly for me here?

As a general rule, we aren't in the business of spoon feeding. If you really need this much coddling may I suggest that you may be in the wrong place?

In any event, check your shoe little buddy, I think you stepped in something....

#29358 - 09/06/09 01:56 PM Re: Are you a Church Of Satan member? [Re: Truth=Reality]
Final Conflict Offline
stranger

Originally Posted By: Truth=Reality
I am someone who is going through an "awakening" in his life and realizing how natural and sensible Satanic thought is.

This is a step in the right direction. Satanism is a down-to-earth, common sense philosophy.

All the time wasted on trying to make myself believe in phony prophets and false messiahs! From where I stand no one should rightly join the Church of Satan or even consider themselves true Satanists until they do a TON of reading and studying on the subject and educate themselves to the point where they can make an informed decision.

This is a slight misstep. Dr. LaVey once said, "If you're a Satanist, you were born one." You don't "become" a Satanist. You're either a Satanist, or you're not. It's not something anyone converts to.

Satanism isn't like other religions where you have to wade through a ton of legalistic garbage in order to achieve some kind of enlightenment. Someone need only read The Satanic Bible. If you find that you agree with the philosophy outlined therein, then there's a good chance you're a Satanist. If you've been living your life according to those principles all along and it comes naturally to you, then you're definitely a Satanist.

Satanism is perhaps the least dogmatic of all religions precisely because it is a religion of carnality and instinct.

If you are public about your decision you will often be put in a position where you will have to defend your beliefs so you better be educated on all the facts and philosophies.

There is nothing to be defensive about. As Dmitri stated, you can always simply tell them to fuck off.

There would literally be no point in debating or arguing Satanism with someone who is hostile towards it. People fear what they don't understand and they attack what they fear. Very rarely do they bother to overcome that.

But consider why you would want to put yourself in that position in the first place? And again, the only decision involved is whether to identify publicly as a Satanist or not. Unless there is some specific reason why you would want to do that, for example if you're an artist or musician, personally I don't think it particularly advantageous to be public at all about being a Satanist. There is something to be said about secrecy, and why the vast majority of Satanists choose to remain silent about their affiliation.

#33356 - 12/29/09 03:58 PM Re: Are you a Church Of Satan member? [Re: Final Conflict]
111Cal Offline

I suppose that TECHNICALLY I am still a member. I joined the CoS 20 years ago. At that time it cost far left for the little red card! However, after LaVeys death I really phased out of the scene.

While LaVey was alive, he was a centering force in the CoS. The ONE voice that all others listened to and didnt question. Since his death the CoS has morphed itself repeatedly into what it is today.

I should clarify that I have no issues with Peter Gilmore. I do not know him personally, but I have spoken to him a few times and back in the day, I did a bit of advertising in the Black Flame. He was always intelligent and pleasant.

However I do find it very distastefl that he speaks so poorly of LaVeys daughters. We all know that Zeena "has issues" to be kind. But as LaVeys daughter she deserves some level of respect. He has publicly ridiculed both of Zeena and Karla and mocked their intelligence and belittled them. That is uncalled for. NEVER should the CoS insult these 2 women. LaVey would NEVER have stood for that and was always loving and kind to them, even when Zeena turned against him. Karla LaVey is an intelligent and well spoken individual and, clearly the only reason he attacks her is because of the issues between Karla and Blanche Barton. Finally, Gilmore has been very condescending to Stanton LaVey, whom Anton loved dearly. I have nothing against the man, EXCEPT that he chooses to speak in a way that LaVey would NEVER have tolerated and if he had made those statements when LaVey was alive? He'd been up a creek!

As for Blanche Barton? I do not know her and I only corresponded with her a few times. I do know that many people have a strong dislike for her and her actions have been questionable. But, she seems to have truly loved LaVey with all her heart and took care of him in his final days. And LaVey loved her back. So in the end, that is all that matters.

So, YES I am a member. But not an active one.

#33361 - 12/29/09 05:13 PM Re: Are you a Church Of Satan member? [Re: 111Cal]
Jake999 Offline

Welcome to the 600 Club and the ranks of the "technicals." Stick around and find your way through the Forums. You'll find that there are others out there with some similar ideas and, while still loyal to LaVey and his vision, not so much so with the current regime.

#33367 - 12/29/09 06:20 PM Re: Are you a Church Of Satan member? [Re: Jake999]
111Cal Offline

Thanks and I appreciate it. I really wish that once LaVey had passed on that someone had been pre-arranged to take over... IDEALLY it would have been nice if Karla and Blanche could have done it together, as they said they would... but....

Or if a stronger willed and more talented person like Boyd Rice would have done so.....

Part of me still hopes that when Xerxes comes of age, that he will reclaim the CoS and get it back on track..... but who knows.

#33368 - 12/29/09 08:57 PM Re: Are you a Church Of Satan member? [Re: 111Cal]
paolo sette Offline

Loc: IL, USA
This is in response to a few posts ago:

Satanism can mean a whole host of things to each individual, if they are a Satanist or not. There are some that argue to become a Satanist means the adoption of certain principles and tenets. Others argue to read, read, and read about what the religion has to offer according to authors (others). Still more are quick to retaliate against you if you do not follow their specific definition the vast chasm of Satanism.

My suggestion to you is to keep yourself rooted in what Satanism means to you, and may you vivaciously, onwardly grow.

#33576 - 01/05/10 08:05 AM Re: Are you a Church Of Satan member? [Re: FromGehenna]
Wicked Satanist Offline

Loc: Michigan
I got a little smirk on my face when thumbing through my wallet... I guess I do still have my "little red card" in there, it was inbetween my RPGA Card and my Local Library Card. Which I will admit Is just as equally useless.

I never botherd to laminate the card, and it's still in decent shape... which is how I would hope to find it since it has always been pressed between the leather folds. Never really felt the need to "flash" it to anyone for status and those chosen few whom I trust and have looked in my wallet already knew it was there.... but was shocked it's a real item as opposed to some myth.

Knowing the Bunco Sheet was there and their standards of communication, it was easy to figure out ahead of time most members or people who had sought membership would not be there for long. The Guilt by Association clause is amusing, but understood. Everyone makes mistakes and even if you find the reality in it all and break away from the flock you're never able to go back.

Some few pages ago someone had asked "What is a Modern Satanist?" I would have to say... look around. The people living their life the way they see fit, communicating via the internet on Forums with LIKE MINDED individuals, and who are atleast honest with themselves. I have known a lot of shadey people both on the internet and face-to-face and I've maneged to walk away from it all taking from the experience what I had wanted with a grain of salt.

There are black sheep in every walk of life Satanists are NOT exempt. Some Satanists have never commited a crime, gotten a speeding ticket, or any violation at all whereas I am sure theres some foolish Satanists in prison right now for making the wrong decisions and paying the price. I actually got my AVATAR from him... poor guy.

So, yeah, I "was" a Member at one time and I still have the card in my wallet... maybe because I've not thrown it in the garbage yet.

#35847 - 02/20/10 02:43 AM Re: Are you a Church Of Satan member? [Re: Wicked Satanist]
CanisMajor Offline
stranger

Loc: Texas
I never joined the CoS. While I understand that you have to separate the wheat from the chaff,I never felt comfortable with their attempt at personality profiling on their registration form. While I'm sure it's par for the course,providing them with an extensive psychological abstract was yielding too powerful a manipulative tool. Advantage = CoS

There are other ways to determine ones "fitness" without mining information.

#36283 - 03/12/10 09:42 PM Re: Are you a Church Of Satan member? [Re: FromGehenna]
exadust Offline
pledge

Loc: georgia
I feel that joining any "church" robs a person of their individuality! You become a representative of that "church" and anything that the "church" does reflects on you! I represent myself! I don't need to join anything! If someone wants to join a "church" then that is their choice and they are free to do that, but I don't think that it is necessary!

#36284 - 03/12/10 09:50 PM Re: Are you a Church Of Satan member? [Re: Ankhhape]
exadust Offline
pledge

Loc: georgia
You can't modernize something that is something that is and always has been! If you don't understand Satanism then read the Satanic Bible! If you can't understand that then there is no hope for you!!!!

#36308 - 03/13/10 10:25 AM Re: Are you a Church Of Satan member? [Re: exadust]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

Oh my Fucking evil god...
exadust stop with the fucking exclamation points.
I am sure you don't speak as you type.
So fucking annoying!!!

Morgan

(Anyone get irony?)

Page 5 of 14 « First<34567>Last »

Moderator:  SkaffenAmtiskaw, fakepropht, TV is God, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.028 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.