Page 6 of 14 « First<45678>Last »
Topic Options
#36322 - 03/13/10 01:37 PM Re: Are you a Church Of Satan member? [Re: Morgan]
felixgarnet Offline

Loc: UK
Me! Me!! I get irony!!!
Seriously, exadust if you're so excited about having found a new support network, we'll soon knock it out of you.

#36323 - 03/13/10 01:44 PM Re: Are you a Church Of Satan member? [Re: felixgarnet]
felixgarnet Offline

Loc: UK
I've never been a member of any occult association, despite being chirruped at by various recruiters who felt I'd be a valuable asset to their plans for interminable ego extension. The Church of Satan has been of great interest to me, so far as its philosophies and policies go but membership doesn't appeal. I think every group tends to feel smug about owning the "truth" and expects its members to share in that self-satisfied glow of being one up on the common herd. Well, I don't need to pay dues to do that. \:\)

#36335 - 03/13/10 07:43 PM Re: Are you a Church Of Satan member? [Re: felixgarnet]
exadust Offline
pledge

Loc: georgia
Really. I didn't start posting on this forum for support. I'm here to take what I need and leave what I don't. But I don't need support. I only want to learn what others have to say on certain topics. Satanism is about individuality and induldgence and I don't need people and definintely don't induldge in support from others. And if you want to remove me then do it. I don't bow before no one.

#36337 - 03/13/10 07:58 PM Re: Are you a Church Of Satan member? [Re: FromGehenna]
Vlad Offline
stranger

Loc: Virginia
I'm not in the Church of Satan, nor do I belong to any other Satanic organization. I don't really see the point in joining one, short of the ability to network and rub shoulders with certain individuals.

Perhaps it would have been different in the early days of the CoS, but presently, I have nothing to gain personally from joining the organization, or any organization, for that matter.

#52093 - 04/02/11 05:25 PM Re: Are you a Church Of Satan member? [Re: FromGehenna]
DarkHorseman Offline
stranger

I was a member many years ago, but after a fre online conversation with a fre of its members, i realized it was not worth the 100 bucks i paid. ofcourse, i was only 22 then.

It seems only important to the wanna be's that watch too many cult movies now adays..

Im sure to those that cling to the CoS, there is still purpose..i dont see it.

#52094 - 04/02/11 05:26 PM Re: Are you a Church Of Satan member? [Re: FromGehenna]
DarkHorseman Offline
stranger

Sorry about the two words that say Fre...i type too fast, i meant to type Few.

I will work on my typing speed.

thanksyou

#52095 - 04/02/11 05:43 PM Re: Are you a Church Of Satan member? [Re: FromGehenna]
DarkHorseman Offline
stranger

Cull the Wanna-be's?

I am 42, and have been moving from group to group looking for any signs of real intelligence.

Most PPl see satansim as a movie they want to mimic. Thinking they will be successful in bring some entity to the surface to do their bidding.

I am no expert, but i can proudly say i ammuch less mindless then most ppl wanting or claiming to be Satanists nowadays!

#52096 - 04/02/11 05:45 PM Re: Are you a Church Of Satan member? [Re: FromGehenna]
DarkHorseman Offline
stranger

Wait a minute, i was in a different post area, why did my last post go to a different post area.

weird.

#52098 - 04/02/11 06:21 PM Re: Are you a Church Of Satan member? [Re: DarkHorseman]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Loc: Vancouver, Canada
For Satans sake, would you quit spasmodically responding to your own posts? If you have something of worth to post, by all means post, but gather your thoughts first and post it all in one go. If you need to add more, use edit.

You are coming off like a 13 year old in need of Ritalin.

#52104 - 04/02/11 07:55 PM Re: Are you a Church Of Satan member? [Re: DarkHorseman]
Nemesis Offline

Loc: US
Echoing what Dan said, get a grip on what you intend to say BEFORE you hit the "Reply" button. We are notorious for our lack of patience and tolerance.

And use whole words, for fuck's sake. Is it really so difficult to type 'people' instead of 'ppl'? Txtspk is only for texting, not when you have a full keyboard in front of you.

#54249 - 05/10/11 09:59 AM Re: Are you a Church Of Satan member? [Re: FromGehenna]
Invidious Offline
stranger

Greetings.

I have considered joining the CoS. In my opinion they have become an organization similar to the SubGenius in terms of how they present. That being said, I am still on the fence about joining and here is why.

I would wager the majority of us here are practitioners of certain art forms that we would rather keep to ourselves, or at least only share with those who will not profane our work. To this end, the protection of anonymity is usually a good thing. The CoS and its outlandish attitude combined with the reputation it has, provides a layer of anonymity by keeping people's attention focused elsewhere. This allows personal practice to continue relatively unhindered.

From this perspective, I think the CoS is absolutely brilliant.

The secondary benefit is that the CoS requires the presentation of identification in order to obtain a red card. In a world of social engineering, being able to prove who you are can be very valuable. This speaks nothing to the worth of the individual with said card, but at least you can determine that an idiot is who that idiot claims to be.

Oh and the CoS emporium's Baphomet medallions are /really/ cool looking. Fortunately you don't need to be a member to order one.

Invidious.

#54259 - 05/10/11 12:33 PM Re: Are you a Church Of Satan member? [Re: Invidious]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

Forgive me but I have a hard time understanding your reasoning. You find anonymity quite important, specifically to allow your personal practice to continue unhindered, but at the same time you desire to join a group which requires you to identify yourself, and you find that requirement marvelous.

Wouldn't it be a lot easier being anonymous by not joining anything and as such, have none hinder your practice, mainly because through that, none knows?

D.

#54261 - 05/10/11 12:52 PM Re: Are you a Church Of Satan member? [Re: Diavolo]
CaNnOnEiGhT Offline
lurker

Even the free thinkers need some sort of companionship.
No one-liners. Read the FAQ and don't post until you've acquainted yourself with the rules.

Edited by SkaffenAmtiskaw (05/10/11 01:05 PM)

#54263 - 05/10/11 02:32 PM Re: Are you a Church Of Satan member? [Re: Diavolo]
Invidious Offline
stranger

Greetings.

I am sorry, I was not clear in my language. I appreciate the request for clarification (no that isn't sarcasm).

To begin with, no where in my post did I say that I desired membership in the CoS. In fact, the implication in my statement that it was fortunate you did not have to be a member to purchase from their store is quite the contrary. I was only meaning to point out that they did serve some purpose as an organization and should not be entirely discounted out of hand.

I also had said that to me they have become like the SubGenius in their outward appearance. They seem to purposefully put emphasis on things the mainstream view as "satanic" in an exaggerated fashion so that the view of the mainstream will focus on that and not on any serious discussion or practice that might be taking place. This allows practitioners such as ourselves to have discussions such as this largely unhindered. That is what I mean when I say I think its brilliant (and if you look up what the SubGenius is/was you will understand that my words are not really a compliment).

Lastly, if the "Red Card" is issued in the name of an alias and the organization has verified who you are then this card protects one's anonymity while still allowing a validation of identity. I honestly don't know the particulars of how these things are issued so that point might be incorrect.

As I said, I am on the fence about joining. But 200 dollars for something that is largely meaningless probably is not 200 dollars well spent.

Is that any clearer?

Invidious.

#54264 - 05/10/11 02:51 PM Re: Are you a Church Of Satan member? [Re: Invidious]
Invidious Offline
stranger

Greetings.

Oh yes, and lest someone ask me why on earth I would consider purchasing a Red Card?

I used to walk by the Campus Christian Fellowship table in college and throw crystals at them. Or set up tables next to them and do free tarot readings. I went to a Catholic college and it was always in my nature to be viciously contrary.

From my personal perspective, the amount of fun one could have with a Red Card might just be worth the investment of 200 dollars.

Invidious

Page 6 of 14 « First<45678>Last »

Moderator:  SkaffenAmtiskaw, fakepropht, TV is God, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.03 seconds of which 0.005 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.