Page 7 of 14 « First<56789>Last »
Topic Options
#54285 - 05/10/11 06:44 PM Re: Are you a Church Of Satan member? [Re: Invidious]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

Loc: New York City
Most people here are not members of the CoS any longer or if all for many reasons. This place is not affiliated with the CoS.

So, if you want to give your money to the group for a red card go ahead, nobody cares, its your money.

I can just think of better things to do with $200 bucks.

By the way, the current CoS isn't that deep as you seem to give them credit for.

Morgan

#57903 - 08/02/11 03:56 AM Re: Are you a Church Of Satan member? [Re: Jake999]
Jude Leaven Offline
stranger

Loc: Palm Springs,CA
No, I'm not a member, but judging from meeting some of the people I have met who are members, I have been impressed by how many of them are students studying Engineering, Mathematics, or the arts. They got the right stuff and that's unfortunate for the CoS if they're caught up in internal bickerings. But I don't know how many times I've read something going on inside the CoS even when it was headquarted in S.F. and the CoS was still here!

I have read some nice testimonies about how the Satanic Bible helped followers of the LHP to be empowered and in control of their lives. I hope the legacy of those kind of testimonies will continue because this world needs more stories like that.
@Jake999: I enjoyed reading your memories of Anton LaVey, I'm refering to that particular story about the woman who sang and sent him a tape of it. That was very touching

#57997 - 08/06/11 10:08 AM Re: Are you a Church Of Satan member? [Re: Jude Leaven]
Latvian Offline

Loc: EU, Latvia, Riga (old town)
I am not member of CoS, but I am an LaVeyan Satanist. Main reason is following - I live quite far from USA.

For me CoS home page was good beginning in Satanism and it was already many years back, when I realized, that Satanism is only philosophy, which accepts man's nature and I found, that unawares I am already Satanist and in CoS home page I was inspired to buy and read The Satanic Bible and other books of Anton Szandor LaVey.

I personaly don't know anyone from CoS and I can not evaluate CoS. Of course I am looking for serious Satanic comunity in my neighbourhood.

#58037 - 08/08/11 12:35 AM Re: Are you a Church Of Satan member? [Re: Latvian]
LawNine99 Offline
stranger

I am not a member of the CoS but the ideas posted on this site are a Refreshing look into what others are thinking knowing they are in the same understanding under Lavey's Satanism is great thing. i read the Satanic Bible when i was younger understood and agreed.
i think you will get plenty of insight from this page and further looking. enjoy

#58039 - 08/08/11 07:09 AM Re: Are you a Church Of Satan member? [Re: Morgan]
Jason King Offline
Banned/Martyrdom Denied

Loc: 65?1%833Q!92A24 (It's a code)
The CoS couldn't get me to join if they paid me $200. Besides, "Church of Satan" is an oxymoron. "Website of Satan" seems far more appropriate. I once e-mailed Peggy Nadramia asking for the address to the Church of Satan closest to me. She asked me where I was located, and after I replied, she told me: "http://www.churchofsatan.com". Nice. Now all I have to do is figure out some Tron shit so I can go visit it . . .

JK

#58052 - 08/08/11 08:10 PM Re: Are you a Church Of Satan member? [Re: Jason King]
Latvian Offline

Loc: EU, Latvia, Riga (old town)
When I will come to NY, I guess to visit CoS and then I will have my opinion. I cannot really judge it, if I haven't experienced. Of course I read posts and know some members attitude to CoS.

#58057 - 08/08/11 09:02 PM Re: Are you a Church Of Satan member? [Re: Latvian]
Allen Dale Offline
lurker

Loc: Detroit,MI
Im new here, and I'm not a CoS member. I'm 33 and I've lived on the eastside of Detroit my entire life, (except for the 9 years in prison) I've learned to be a realist. There's nothing any church can do for you what you can't do for yourself. Learning and joining something to become a follower is two different things. I chose the solo path.
#58058 - 08/08/11 09:11 PM Re: Are you a Church Of Satan member? [Re: Jason King]
William Wright Offline

Loc: Nashville
 Originally Posted By: Jason King
"Church of Satan" is an oxymoron.
I would go one step further and say that “LHP organization” is an oxymoron. The LHP path is a lonely path, a path unique to each individual. If I need an organization to recognize me as an individual, am I really an individual?

#58061 - 08/09/11 10:57 AM Re: Are you a Church Of Satan member? [Re: William Wright]
Wicked Satanist Offline

Loc: Michigan
 Originally Posted By: William Wright
I would go one step further and say that “LHP organization” is an oxymoron. The LHP path is a lonely path, a path unique to each individual. If I need an organization to recognize me as an individual, am I really an individual?

I understand where you're coming from on this... However I can't recall a successful organization that brought together like minded individuals and have done something together collectively since the CoS.

It is perhaps best, safest, and less frustrating to be an individual and not seek others who will eventually let you down. I feel that to be a "card carrying member" these days has seriously lost face and surely isn't worth the NOW $200 bucks. Was only $100 bucks when I threw it away.

Go out and meet people face-to-face and you will notice a MAJOR difference in the quality of people you think are "like minded". I am sure some of you heard of or knew Tom Raspotnik, a.k.a. Blackwood? Yeah, I knew the guy too, I'm in Michigan and I even drove up and had dinner with him on multiple occasions until he had come to show his true colors. He was obsessed with the popularity leading a "Satanic Organization" had brought LaVey and he wanted it himself. I think he lost touch with reality and got lost on the internet fame. He flaked out and just started attacking anyone and everyone online.

My point is to just be yourself and if you meet someone who shares similar interrests, don't go and make a damn cult together.

#58069 - 08/09/11 01:35 PM Re: Are you a Church Of Satan member? [Re: Wicked Satanist]
Jason King Offline
Banned/Martyrdom Denied

Loc: 65?1%833Q!92A24 (It's a code)
 Originally Posted By: Wicked Satanist
I am sure some of you heard of or knew Tom Raspotnik, a.k.a. Blackwood? Yeah, I knew the guy too, I'm in Michigan and I even drove up and had dinner with him on multiple occasions until he had come to show his true colors.

"Had dinner with him on multiple occasions" - I pity you, sir.

"until he had come to show his true colors" - this person's "true colors" have always been on open display.

JK

#58080 - 08/09/11 08:33 PM Re: Are you a Church Of Satan member? [Re: Jason King]
Wicked Satanist Offline

Loc: Michigan
 Originally Posted By: Wicked Satanist
I am sure some of you heard of or knew Tom Raspotnik, a.k.a. Blackwood? Yeah, I knew the guy too, I'm in Michigan and I even drove up and had dinner with him on multiple occasions until he had come to show his true colors.

"Had dinner with him on multiple occasions" - I pity you, sir.

"until he had come to show his true colors" - this person's "true colors" have always been on open display.

JK

Actually, no. His first brain fart was the "world wide order of satanists" with global grotto's and international membership. He never once mentioned to me that he was going to re-write TSB and change it to all reflect his own bullshit. I would have told him to his face he is a fucking idiot, and never spoke to him then. What actually got me to stop talking to him was a lady friend of his, Wendy... long story.

#58082 - 08/09/11 09:20 PM Re: Are you a Church Of Satan member? [Re: Wicked Satanist]
The Zebu Offline

Loc: Orlando, FL
I for one can't vouch for the man personally. I've known folks that came across as reasonably amicable chaps in person, but online they were blithering idiots... and vice-versa. All I can say is that his web presence is self-aggrandizing and sloppy... I think it was that one post about Satan not liking Obama that sold me. And the ONA business, which I'm sure our Niner friends on here could rant about for days on end.

It's a very common among would-be-Satanists to fall prey to delusions of grandeur or feel they have to re-invent the wheel and "top" LaVey, instead of thinking for themselves and trying something original.

Those who model themselves off of LaVey will, by their very nature, only resemble pitiful wannabes next to the original. I think the CoS-type model has run its course, and any conscious attempt to surpass it will only end in redundant failure. The 70s are over, Satanism has gone public and done the whole talk-show bit already, it's time to pick up and move on.

Edited by The Zebu (08/09/11 09:21 PM)

#58087 - 08/09/11 11:44 PM Re: Are you a Church Of Satan member? [Re: The Zebu]
Hegesias Offline

Too expensive, I'd have used the Church of Satan to find friends or something else positive. If I thought I could find one Satanist who was worth knowing, I'd join, but this site is better, and free of charge replaced by the effort put in to communication and ideas presented. Why does everything have to be about money and profit, I get sick of that shit and feel time passing too rapidly to care.

As any Satanist can crop up and bring new ideas with charisma and a strong spirit. In my opinion, I feel this site is undervalued, that maybe a majority don't really see how positive the 600 club is, the strong character and profound things I have read, oftentimes, from such young people.

What goes on here is just as important as any established organisation.

#58089 - 08/10/11 12:03 AM Re: Are you a Church Of Satan member? [Re: William Wright]
TheInsane Offline

Originally Posted By: William Wright

Perhaps this depends on how you define words and what your general outlook on the metaphysics of individualism is but I would say that in the way you put it the person is an individual with or without the CoS. This is also based on assumptions on what you regard as an individual and a generalization on who is an individual.

The question should probably rather be if the person is an individualist or not if he needs an organisation to recognize him as such.

#58091 - 08/10/11 12:21 AM Re: Are you a Church Of Satan member? [Re: FromGehenna]
Zach_Black Offline

Loc: San Diego, California
I joined the Church of Satan in 1994. Cost 100 bucks. I got me a fancy little red card. And a packet of information. And I was told I am now a REAL Satanist!. Part of the ' Satanic elite ' .

I want my money back.

Page 7 of 14 « First<56789>Last »

Moderator:  SkaffenAmtiskaw, fakepropht, TV is God, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.028 seconds of which 0.003 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.