Page 8 of 14 « First<678910>Last »
Topic Options
#58094 - 08/10/11 07:51 AM Re: Are you a Church Of Satan member? [Re: Zach_Black]
BLEE Offline
stranger

Loc: Portland, Oregon
I know that your youtube channel (s) states that you chose to resign from the CoS. I also know they do not like any of their members publicly associating with Theistic Satanists. May I ask, did they ever approach you with disapproval about S.I.N?

"The altar cloth of one aeon is the doormat of the next."--Mark Twain

#58095 - 08/10/11 08:34 AM Re: Are you a Church Of Satan member? [Re: BLEE]
Managor Offline

-General Reply-

No, I'm not, and nor will I ever be.
$200 for a red card? No thanks.
Plus I'm a Theistic Satanist.

#60371 - 10/23/11 06:06 PM Re: Are you a Church Of Satan member? [Re: Jake999]
blackflamedemon Offline
stranger

Loc: vaiden mississippi usa
no im not involved in a church or temple.most people here believes in the white light.most of my studyies are shamanism,demon/satan worship,astriajism,and spell craft individual.
#60406 - 10/24/11 07:29 PM Re: Are you a Church Of Satan member? [Re: BLEE]
Zach_Black Offline

Loc: San Diego, California
 Originally Posted By: BLEE
I know that your youtube channel (s) states that you chose to resign from the CoS. I also know they do not like any of their members publicly associating with Theistic Satanists. May I ask, did they ever approach you with disapproval about S.I.N?

Sorry to get back to you so late on this one. The Church of Satan and I have had no contact in the last 10 years.

#62326 - 12/07/11 04:00 PM Re: Are you a Church Of Satan member? [Re: FromGehenna]
Apotheosis Offline
stranger

I am certainly not a Church of Satan member, though if I told you I was, no one would ever know the better. It's not like Church of Satan members can introduce you to the other members, use them as references, write them e-mails, or even volunteer to suck their dicks. All they do is throw away their money, get a small packet containing no secrets, and fuck off. They basically tell you this up front.

If you happen to meet another CoS member in your town, or online, there is absolutely nothing the two of you can do that you could not have done without the membership.

If I am mistaken please correct me with your own personal anecdote.

The fact that anyone gives a fuck whether or not other people are members of the CoS seems a little strange to me. What if I said I was a member? Would that make a difference to anybody other than Peter Gilmore and his employees? It was no different when LaVey was alive either. The whole thing has always been a transparent gimmick designed to milk teenagers for their lunch money.

#62332 - 12/07/11 05:13 PM Re: Are you a Church Of Satan member? [Re: Apotheosis]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Loc: Vancouver, Canada
I am no fan of the CoS, past or present, and I am pretty far from anything resembling a LaVeyan. But with that preface out of the way, I just gotta say I find your posturing really pretentious.

Unless you were there, your matter of fact statements regarding things of which you have no experience is armchair quarterbacking at best, and on top of that, the fact that you feel qualified to understand why others might do something you haven't done yourself, or what might come of these actions, is laughably pathetic.

#62335 - 12/07/11 06:03 PM Re: Are you a Church Of Satan member? [Re: Dan_Dread]
Apotheosis Offline
stranger

Originally Posted By: Dan_Dread

Unless you were there, your matter of fact statements regarding things of which you have no experience is armchair quarterbacking at best, and on top of that, the fact that you feel qualified to understand why others might do something you haven't done yourself, or what might come of these actions, is laughably pathetic.

I stand corrected. I don't actually understand why someone would give the CoS their money for nothing. But doing it myself wouldn't help me understand either.

I believe it is possible to predict the outcome of some actions not already undertaken, by weighing probabilities. I expect to get nothing from a CoS membership because that is what they promise, and they have no incentive to lie about that. Maybe there was once a day when things were different and in that respect I stand corrected as well. I have perhaps assumed more than is true, though not more than is safe. As long as my false assumptions about the Church of Satan don't result in me throwing money away, and making an ass of myself, I can live with them. It makes no difference to me that the amount is small and affordable; fortunes are composed of pennies. You're also right to point out that I have no experience in the matter, which testifies to my sensibility.

#62339 - 12/07/11 06:16 PM Re: Are you a Church Of Satan member? [Re: Apotheosis]
FemaleSatan Offline

Loc: The Dirty South
Also not a LaVeyan, blah, blah, you know the spill but ...

Outside of giving you the red card, why is it the CoS' job to make sure any member gets anything out of their membership? Isn't that the job of the individual member of the CoS?

Saying that the CoS is somehow responsible to do a host of things for their members, is like saying a site like this is flawed for not making you a blue line when you never post.

It's up to the individual and their effort to get something out of something. Even a CoS membership.

#62341 - 12/07/11 06:27 PM Re: Are you a Church Of Satan member? [Re: FemaleSatan]
Apotheosis Offline
stranger

Originally Posted By: FemaleSatan
Also not a LaVeyan, blah, blah, you know the spill but ...

Outside of giving you the red card, why is it the CoS' job to make sure any member gets anything out of their membership? Isn't that the job of the individual member of the CoS?

Saying that the CoS is somehow responsible to do a host of things for their members, is like saying a site like this is flawed for not making you a blue line when you never post.

It's up to the individual and their effort to get something out of something. Even a CoS membership.

I am certain that I never said the Church of Satan was responsible for anything.

No individual will ever get anything worthwhile from giving their money away for nothing.

Sorry if I bothered anybody by talking sense.

#62342 - 12/07/11 06:34 PM Re: Are you a Church Of Satan member? [Re: Apotheosis]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Loc: Vancouver, Canada
The thing is, what might be ' nothing' to you or I (because frankly I can't imagine any circumstances under which I would give gilmore girl a cent of my hard earned dough) might not be 'nothing' to someone else. Valuation is a subjective thing.

#62343 - 12/07/11 06:39 PM Re: Are you a Church Of Satan member? [Re: Apotheosis]
Jake999 Offline

"One man's trash is another man's treasure."

There's a lot of truth to that old axiom. What you consider nothing, another man might find to be the touchstone he needs.

So in "talking sense," you only "talk sense" to the reality you can perceive, and would someone else see what you might spend money on, they could well perceive your treasures as trash. The wise man knows this. Unfortunately, there are people who can't understand that and decide to talk out of their asses because if everyone isn't like THEM, then surely they must be wrong.

Welcome to herd mentality.

#62345 - 12/07/11 06:59 PM Re: Are you a Church Of Satan member? [Re: Jake999]
Apotheosis Offline
stranger

Originally Posted By: Jake999
"One man's trash is another man's treasure."
I used to pick up a lot of old furniture left by the side of the road. In the end it just cluttered up the house.
 Quote:
There's a lot of truth to that old axiom. What you consider nothing, another man might find to be the touchstone he needs.
Yeah, some things are only subjective. But we're talking about goods, services, and economic value. Accepting your money and calling you a name is not a "service". It's not even a con. Con implies that you were fooled through trickery. When people throw their money away on the CoS they are only fooling themselves.
 Quote:
So in "talking sense," you only "talk sense" to the reality you can perceive, and would someone else see what you might spend money on, they could well perceive your treasures as trash. The wise man knows this. Unfortunately, there are people who can't understand that and decide to talk out of their asses because if everyone isn't like THEM, then surely they must be wrong.

Welcome to herd mentality.
Wise men probably do know that old adage, but so does everybody else.

Your read of me as someone whose only concern is whether or not others are similar to him makes you seem incurious, but I doubt you are really as disinterested in understanding others and their points of view as you seem.

#62347 - 12/07/11 07:08 PM Re: Are you a Church Of Satan member? [Re: Jake999]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

I've known people that paid the fee as a token of respect for what Lavey did. Others might join for who knows what reason. And there are probably many that got the card because it was a cool thing to flip out of your wallet in the pubs. At least the first three times.

It's something almost everyone does; seek their own kind, or at least those they assume to be their own. At times it is required to join something to do just that. Other times, people buy the stuff needed to be part, or dress as expected.

I never had any interest in the CoS because it is simply not my thing. Certainly not as it is these days. But I've been part of many things in my life, for quite different reasons. And often that involved paying money for something.

Did I ever sacrifice my individuality? Not at all but if I'd not done things out of fear of being regarded a follower, I'd surely would have been one.

D.

#62348 - 12/07/11 07:28 PM Re: Are you a Church Of Satan member? [Re: Diavolo]
FemaleSatan Offline

Loc: The Dirty South
Apotheosis, you missed the point of my post. An individual gets out of something what they put into it.

Sorry for the one liner, others have covered the rest.

#62349 - 12/07/11 07:37 PM Re: Are you a Church Of Satan member? [Re: Apotheosis]
Jake999 Offline

Quote:
I used to pick up a lot of old furniture left by the side of the road. In the end it just cluttered up the house.

Not my problem. I have enough money to buy what I need when I need it.

Quote:
But we're talking about goods, services, and economic value. Accepting your money and calling you a name is not a "service". It's not even a con. Con implies that you were fooled through trickery. When people throw their money away on the CoS they are only fooling themselves.

And who made you arbitrator of the economy of others? If a person earns their money, it is theirs to spend as they see fit. If YOU don't like their choices, well, YOU can pay for what YOU want them to have, or mind your own business.

Quote:
Your read of me as someone whose only concern is whether or not others are similar to him makes you seem incurious, but I doubt you are really as disinterested in understanding others and their points of view as you seem.

Look. I'm 62 years old. I learned a hell of a long time ago to mind my own business and to take care of my own life before I think of stepping in on someone else. I've made my life comfortable and it will stay that way for the rest of my days because I took care of my needs and really don't give a crap about what anyone else does. My
life is my own and it's good enough that I don't need to stick my nose in someone else's.

When you take responsibility for someone else's financial dealings, then you can tell them what they should and shouldn't find valuable. Until that time, you're just someone with a big mouth trying to make sure everyone lives up to your standards. I'm sure most here will tell you this. "Fuck your standards. I have my own."

Page 8 of 14 « First<678910>Last »

Moderator:  SkaffenAmtiskaw, fakepropht, TV is God, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.029 seconds of which 0.003 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.