Page 1 of 3 123>
Topic Options
#22071 - 03/16/09 04:16 AM Benefits of Satanism.
Grandpabeast Offline

Loc: No. Utah. USA
What would you say the greatest personal strength and benefit you have experience since becoming a Satanist? How has it changed your life for the better?

Roger.

#22076 - 03/16/09 05:30 AM Re: Benefits of Satanism. [Re: Grandpabeast]
ZephyrGirl Offline
R.I.P.

Loc: Adelaide Australia
Dude,

This is almost the same question as the one in Positive Satanism, which is a thread ON THIS SAME PAGE.

Surely you can be a bit more original in your questions, and I'm certain you could actually research your question to make sure it hasn't already been posed previously.

The forum in it's current form has been around two or three years now, (the forum much much longer), so if you are only getting answers from the last couple of months, have a proper look at what you are doing when you search (that is to all newbies not just GrandpaBeast), as you are obviously not opening the search up to it's full potential.

Zeph

#22078 - 03/16/09 05:41 AM Re: Benefits of Satanism. [Re: ZephyrGirl]
Grandpabeast Offline

Well, excuuuuse me! I thought it was a useful and valid question. I admit I don't go searching in the archives to see if a question may be close to mine in content. This was my question and one I think that could be useful and informative to other new members and seekers. I really don't see why you are jumping all over my ass for asking a valid question. Look, if you guys don't want me here, just say so... I can wipe the dust off of my ass and move on. I notice a few people just love to ride new comers asses, in the long run you may be doing Satanism a big disservice, there are many of us who are seeking Satanic knowledge and not just trolls...

Roger.

#22082 - 03/16/09 06:23 AM Re: Benefits of Satanism. [Re: Grandpabeast]
Daafje666 Offline
pledge

Loc: The Netherlands
Amen to that!

#22083 - 03/16/09 06:24 AM Re: Benefits of Satanism. [Re: Grandpabeast]
ZephyrGirl Offline
R.I.P.

You're not excused. There is something about you that screams BULLSHIT. Maybe it's your 109 posts in a couple of weeks. That doesn't say I'm here to learn. That says I'm here to hear the sound of my own opinions. The rules are pretty clear on looking for topics BEFORE you write up the same question.

AS for the archives the questions on the SAME PAGE! Page one that comes up when you log on Satanism 101!

If you are seeking knowledge don't expect to get spoonfed. Do a little research, as we all have in the past.

Boo hoo!

Zeph

#22087 - 03/16/09 06:46 AM Re: Benefits of Satanism. [Re: ZephyrGirl]
Grandpabeast Offline

I never asked to be spoon fed... I can find information for myself... One of the greatest skills I learned in college was how to look up information. I admit I didn't look at the Positive Satanism thread, the title sounded totally different then the query I was presenting. I really don't have time to read every thread and topic, though I do read many of them. I really don't care whether you agree with me or not, it was a valid question and one that may very well draw other new members and seekers into a valid and positive discussion. I have no problem with you Zeph, I accept your opinion respectfully even though I disagree. As far as my posting rate I have posted my share of silly bullshit especially in the video conversation thread, but that is just me and how I think it is truly humorous how society views modern Satanism. I make no apologies for my silly and warped sense of humor, that is just who I am. If you don't like what I say or post, you are perfectly free to ignore it... Respectfully,

Roger.

#22096 - 03/16/09 08:21 AM Re: Benefits of Satanism. [Re: Grandpabeast]
Grandpabeast Offline

OK Zephyr, I read the post you suggested. All I really found was a new comer getting a major enema without any lube... Many people jumped all over his ass in what I feel was an unprovoked and undeserved manner. What did that benefit him or new seekers of the Satanic philosophy? How did reading it benefit me for reading it? To be perfectly honest, it didn't... I have been told I post stupid shit, and maybe I do, but if you look at many of the responses to this persons query, it wasn't what I would call positive or intellectual responses. As far as my "bullshit" yes I post allot, I enjoy engaging in cordial and intelligent dialog, questions and answers. I like studying people and hearing their perceptions and opinions. I am very opinionated and outspoken, I will not deny of even try to justify who I am. I really like it here but I do see a hint of hierarchical gang mentality. What purpose does this puffed up pride, pseudo intellectualism and ego serve? The best response I saw in the "Positive Satanism" thread was posted by Jake, he is a wise man who has my respect...

Roger.

#22102 - 03/16/09 10:44 AM Re: Benefits of Satanism. [Re: Grandpabeast]
Kenny Lane Offline
stranger

Well said Grandpabeast! I'm brand new to this sight myself and I've already had one of these punks call me "Dumb Ass". This so-called "Satanist" has never met me in person and probably never will and yet he has already passed judgement on me. I always thought that was something only Christians and others of the "Right hand Path" did. Wow! was I ever mistaken. I came on this sight to have intellegent and mature dialogue with fellow Satanists only to be attacked and subjected to name-calling.

BUT! To answer your question sir; REAL Satanism has done wonders for me in waking my ass up to the reality of our existence rather than the myths being fed to us not only from religion but also the educational system and the media. I have learned not to ever beleive the "Official Story" about anything. For instance Easter is coming up and millions of people are about to attend churches beleiving that 2000 plus years ago some masochist named Jesus willingly allowed himself to be brutally executed for the sins of all humanity. I beleive the real story is that this guy eveyone calls Jesus was executed as an enemy of the Roman empire because he and 5000 or more of his well armed "disciples" laid seige on the city of Jerusalem during passover beleiving that their god Yahweh was going to help them overthrow and cast out the demons/Romans and establish his kingdom on earth. Potius Pilatius had "Jesus" arrested, tried and executed under Roman law after he and his legion of "Demons"/Roman soldiers re-took controll of the city. 300 plus years later the Roman empire starts falling apart so they create a myth about this so-called messiah their ancestors had put to death. An official state religion called 'The Roman Catholic Church' is created based on this myth which is the same story of previous and more ancient gods in order to keep the empire from crumbling apart. Enter the dark ages. People who practiced any religion other than the official state religion including Judeaism and earlier forms of Christianity are considered pagans or worshipers of the devil, and put to death.

That is just one small example of what Satanism has done for me sir. I don't just read satanic liturature I read other things as well to help me gain a full perspective on reality. I find it amazing how most people even in our modern age are still waiting for some god to come down from the sky and take them away to some mythical paradise. I didn't go on this sight to be attacked, and neither did you. I came on here thinking I would be able to share my opinions and have intellegent conversations with people; Not be called names.
If you want to know more about what I really think happened 2000 years ago as opposed to the myths created by religion check out http://www.askwhy.co.uk.

May the dark force be with you.

#22104 - 03/16/09 11:36 AM Re: Benefits of Satanism. [Re: Grandpabeast]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline

Loc: Utah
Satanism hasn't really done anything for me. My accomplishments are my own and are due to my desire to be the best at everything I do. It wouldn't matter if was Catholic, Mormon or a Raphaealien.

Perhaps having a satanic mindset might have contributed some of the motivation to accomlish some things, but ultimately I did it on my own.

After all, it is not like that upon realizing my satanic nature things started to change, as if I "saw the light" - or darkness. I was still the same person, I was just aware that there was a name for the type of person I was/am.

#22106 - 03/16/09 11:43 AM Re: Benefits of Satanism. [Re: Kenny Lane]
Fist Moderator Offline
veteran member

Loc: B'mo Cautious MF
A few thoughts here, you are either a Satanist or you are not. You don't 'become' a Satanist. You go through life realizing that something is deeply wrong in the world. One day, you read TSB and you say "Eureka! That is EXACTLY what I am talking about."

From that point on you can negotiate the LHP with a better sense of where you are going and what you are trying to do.

It is not that TSB is the be all and end all of LHP writing but it is a tool in the tool box. In many ways I would say TSB is sort of a 'Satanism for Dummies' type book.

Satanism isn't going to 'do' anything for you. At best, it will only help you to realize your true nature and you will no longer limit yourself to the contrived mores of others.

And, by the way, if anyone doesn't like the way they are being treated here you are more than welcome to fuck off.

Anyone still confused?

#22108 - 03/16/09 12:13 PM Re: Benefits of Satanism. [Re: Kenny Lane]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

I think you guys should listen to Fist; crying might work out there in society where they pity the weak but down here it might get a different reaction.

Not that I'm a TSB quoter but anyhow: "Do not complain about anything to which you need not subject yourself."

A person that is intelligent will find a way to work through any system and settle in his spot. If one can't, first doubt ones own abilities before pointing the finger. Responsibility to the responsible.

But in case someone might desire a satanic place where it's warm and cuddly: MCoS.

D.

#22110 - 03/16/09 02:07 PM Re: Benefits of Satanism. [Re: Kenny Lane]
Dimitri Offline

Kenny..
You are a dumbass, no discussion about it after your explanation about easter...
If you want to know what the real explanation is; look up: Ostara, easter, ťostre.. nothing to do with a holy zombie..

Anyway, I agree with the statements of Fist and Diavolo.
Btw: Satanism has no benefits.. only you have them as soon as you start working things out.

Edited by Dimitri (03/16/09 02:27 PM)

#22118 - 03/16/09 08:40 PM Re: Benefits of Satanism. [Re: Grandpabeast]
ZephyrGirl Offline
R.I.P.

Quote:
OK Zephyr, I read the post you suggested. All I really found was a new comer getting a major enema without any lube...

Really? You didn't see the fact that his and your question was essentially the same?

Quote:
As far as my "bullshit" yes I post allot, I enjoy engaging in cordial and intelligent dialog, questions and answers.

You seem to have misunderstood me. I said there is something about you that screams "Bullshit". It reminds me of that song "Anything you can do, I can do better, I can do anything better than you. No you can't, yes I can, no you can't, yes I can, no you can't, yes I can, yes I can".

As you can see, it's he said, she said stuff that goes around in circles and ends up very boring. To that end, I shall not say it again, and maybe pointing it out to you in Satanism 101 was the wrong place on the forum to do it, however, it was where you posted a post that had really already been asked. Not liking the responses doesn't mean that it should be asked again.

If you didn't benefit from that thread, that is your own blindness. There is information there if you choose to see it, but of course, you seem to expect all the lessons to be positive. Isn't that very unbalanced? What about the negative stuff? You need that too if you are to really understand a topic.

#22120 - 03/16/09 09:47 PM Re: Benefits of Satanism. [Re: Dimitri]
Kenny Lane Offline
stranger

I wasn't talking about Easter. I was talking about myths being turned into real stories and real stories being turned into myths. I a know all about Easter, and that wasn't even my subject. So since everyone is into this immature name calling shit I guess I'll just join right in there and call you a dumb ass Dimitri for completely misinterpreting my post.
 Originally Posted By: Dimitri
Kenny..
You are a dumbass, no discussion about it after your explanation about easter...
If you want to know what the real explanation is; look up: Ostara, easter, ťostre.. nothing to do with a holy zombie..

Anyway, I agree with the statements of Fist and Diavolo.
Btw: Satanism has no benefits.. only you have them as soon as you start working things out.

#22125 - 03/16/09 11:26 PM Re: Benefits of Satanism. [Re: Kenny Lane]
Mike Offline

Loc: Farmingdale, NY
It's too bad that there's an overwhelming wave of all these sympathy/acceptance seeking "soft satanists" joining this site...People are entitled to their feelings and their right to voice them, if you don't like it, find a way to deal with it...After all, YOU control the actions that cause people to judge you, so consider it your fault or accept that people will be jerks. </hall monitor attitude>

Now to answer the original question, Satanism is a way of thinking. The only real benefit I see it having on my life is the way it keeps me from what I consider a "lower" level of thinking, or the close-mindedness associated with organized religion. I keep an open mind yet still have my own personal thoughts and live without fear of a supreme being and knowing that I'm not required to part take in ridiculous, racist, and overall insane ways of thinking.

Page 1 of 3 123>

Moderator:  SkaffenAmtiskaw, Morgan, Woland, fakepropht, Nemesis, Mercury_Templar, Draculesti, Asmedious, Fist, Fnord 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.034 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 14 queries. Zlib compression disabled.