Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#2212 - 11/24/07 08:55 PM Man caught on video beating his wife
Nemesis Offline

Loc: US
This prick forces his 13 year old son to film him--firstly verbally cutting his wife down for at least an hour, then later kicking her, slapping her, choking her, and throwing her down.

#2213 - 11/24/07 09:32 PM Re: Man caught on video beating his wife [Re: Nemesis]
rob_church Offline

Loc: alberta , canada
what was she still doing their? desensitized,and broken if shes to weak to leave and let it get to that point in the first place then i have no pity for her choices, but seems she got smart scince shes no longer their,good for her.

#2240 - 11/25/07 06:52 PM Re: Man caught on video beating his wife [Re: rob_church]
ZephyrGirl Offline
R.I.P.

Loc: Adelaide Australia
 Originally Posted By: rob_church
what was she still doing their? desensitized,and broken if shes to weak to leave and let it get to that point in the first place then i have no pity for her choices, but seems she got smart scince shes no longer their,good for her.

That's a big call to make when you have no real understanding of the situation. Too weak to let it get to that point? It's been proven that people that are kidnapped after time build sympathetic feelings to their capturers, so imagine the emotional bond between man and wife after three kids etc.

How many times do you think that she has wanted to leave, but has also hoped, prayed and done everything she can to save her marriage?

It said that on average it takes a women seven attempts to leave an abbusive partner. This man should be gaoled for what he has put his children through if nothing else.

Zeph

#2241 - 11/25/07 07:35 PM Re: Man caught on video beating his wife [Re: ZephyrGirl]
hellbent666
Unregistered

I agree with both rob and zephyr on the situation. Sometimes its easy for a man to say that the woman was being weak since men are usually (not always) far more aggressive than women anyways. But I just had this conversation with my mom the other day who has been through it before and she said that it was kinda like being brain washed into accepting no other reality but her abusive ex-husbands' chosen reality. Whatever was important to him was suddenly important to her, etc... If it were me I would leave but like I said it's usually easier for us to say that. Women have no idea what the crazed ex is going to do, maybe he'll beat her worse for leaving? Maybe he'll stalk her and kill her for leaving? You never know what fucked up people will do when in a situation like that. I think from a Satanic perspective that we should strive to be the strongest people we can and also be as independant as possible. We should rely on no one but ourselves because even family lets us down sometimes. Being strong in this kind of a situation might be packing up some stuff and the kids and splitting to a close friends or relatives house and starting over, and maybe even getting a restraining order. It's also interesting that we get addicted to our significant others pheramones so that could also be why we have a hard time letting go of no good partners. This is all in my opinion of course.
#2242 - 11/25/07 08:09 PM Re: Man caught on video beating his wife [Re: ]
rob_church Offline

Loc: alberta , canada
ya i would leave to hellbent, the cop out that the woman cant leave seems silly to me the minute the games start tell him to fuck off if it contuines leave his ass befor it even gets to that stage.abuse escalates he didnt just start this outa the blue one day.he started slow demening her and worked up to that and she allowed it to happen,what kind of perosn sits their and takes even the start of that abuse?. yes your right zephyer, stockholm syndrome can happen but im saying she should have seen thought the games and been smart enought to leave befor it got that bad. in the end all i see in the clip is a woman who is choosing to get beaten and abused on tape and evunattly smartens up. and if you say the man should be gaoled the woman should be equaly responsible and gaoled (lol i have no clue what that term is) for putting her children thought that as she let it happen in the first place.

#2243 - 11/25/07 08:26 PM Re: Man caught on video beating his wife [Re: rob_church]
Nemesis Offline

Loc: US
Well, she was at a further disadvantage at having a similarly abusive father--you could say she was brought up to feel like less than dirt. That makes it 10x's harder for someone to leave a situation like what she found herself in with her husband. He was also twice her size, and if she had said she was leaving him directly to his face, he would've lost it, and more than likely killed her. That's a hell of a deterrent to leaving him.

We, as Satanists, already have a strong core of self-worth, and 99% of us would not knowingly get ourselves in this situation to begin with. Some Satanists have already been in this situation, and were able to get themselves free, and have never looked back. They've "healed" themselves of this kind of cyclical abuse.

It's difficult for most men to put themselves in the weaker position, because they haven't been subject to years of being told they're a piece of shit, they're worthless, they're nothing to their kids, they haven't been beat to shit in front of their own children, they haven't had domineering men keeping track of their whereabouts every second of the day (making it hard to plan to get the hell out of Dodge). Men don't comprehend the history of violence which women have been subjected to at their hands--slavery, rape, genital mutilation, forced marriages, forced pregancies, etc. Unless they've been directly affected or influenced by it, like hellbent did with his mother being abused, it's just hard to put yourself in a woman's shoes. Hell, I've never been abused, not even verbally, and neither have my mother, female relatives or friends, and yet it still bothers me to the core to see a muscled ape smack and kick and choke one of my own gender.

At least there were several pieces of evidence to support her case, and he got 36 years for it. At his age, he'll be an old man when he gets released.

By the way, "gaoled" is just another term for "jailed" ;\)

#2298 - 11/26/07 06:42 PM Re: Man caught on video beating his wife [Re: Nemesis]
ZephyrGirl Offline
R.I.P.

Loc: Adelaide Australia
Yes, gaoled is actually the Australian spelling of the word jailed, it's the same word just spelt differently.

Rob, you say that the woman should have seen this coming as the man probably started out doing this bit by bit, but to me you wreck your own argument by pointing that out. If she was in love to this man, she would have been more likely to overlook the bit by bit stuff until it was too late and there she was smack bang in an abusive relationship.

Also, just up and leaving a relationship is not always the RIGHT answer either. If a man can be made to see that his behaviour was NOT OK and a women is willing, these relationships like others that have gone through problems (infedelity, trust issues etc), may be saved, repaired and made even made stronger.

Not an option over 99% of the time, but it does happen.

Zeph

Edited by ZephyrGirl (11/26/07 06:43 PM)

#3515 - 01/16/08 12:16 AM Re: Man caught on video beating his wife [Re: ZephyrGirl]
Veldrin Offline
pledge

Loc: Melbourne, Australia.
Hmm, tough issue.
Both sides are right, for a given value of "right".

Is it possible, if the situation were just the abuser and his victim were alone in the relationship at this point, then she might leave?

However, a feeling of love and duty to ones children can impair a decision like this.
It's a catch 22. Whatever choice would be harmful for someone. In a way it is brave to sacrifice oneself for ones children. However, such things have limits. And she serves no one with inaction.

Still, it always easy to cast judgement from the viewing gallery. Always much harder to make those choices yourself.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Woland, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, TV is God, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.02 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 21 queries. Zlib compression disabled.