Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#2224 - 11/25/07 12:57 AM Mayor Abducted by Satanists
Dev Samael Daval Offline
stranger

Loc: Toledo, OH
Arkansas Mayor Resigns After Satanic Kidnapping Links Uncovered

CENTERTON, AK ( NBC ) -- The mayor of a small northwest Arkansas town has resigned after admitting to leading a double life.

Ken Williams says he was abducted by a Satanic cult and because of that assumed a false identity years before taking office.

In 1975, he was known as Don La Rose, a minister with a wife and two children. But he says he left all that behind after being brain washed by Satan worshippers.

His family located him three months later, but in 1980 he went missing again. He claims that disappearance was to protect his family.

"I had a choice and the choice was to watch my family killed in front of my eyes or go with these people, and I chose instead to run," Williams said.

The true identity of Ken Williams belongs to a man who died in a car accident 50 years ago.

The former mayor says his abductors gave him this identity.

-------------

Religious warfare is on the radar as one of many possible distractions. Of course, this is already taking place between Christianity and Islam.

In service,
Dev Samael Daval

#2233 - 11/25/07 08:18 AM Re: Mayor Abducted by Satanists [Re: Dev Samael Daval]
Fist Moderator Offline
veteran member

Loc: B'mo Cautious MF
Not this shit again!

Anyone remember the 'satanic cult' panic of the 80's? The FBI got involved, acusations made, reputations ruined.

Wiki has a good overview whole mess.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satanic_ritual_abuse

#2239 - 11/25/07 02:51 PM Re: Mayor Abducted by Satanists [Re: Fist]
jesusbeater Offline
pledge

Loc: Ireland
Yeah I remember that,
I remember how it shifteed to alien abductions then to Muslims and then to immigrants.I wish that Satanism was really the way these fucking clowns imagine it.I've been a Satanist for well over 20 years and have met satanists from all over the world.Some wacky but nice theistic satanists, French luciferians, some Church of Satan and never have I met any one that could be bothered with abducting let alone even bother recruiting some moron against his will.
Their version of Satanism is based on the movies and bad iron maiden movies.They forget that Bush isn't under Satanic control, he's under Christian control and thats where most of the evil in the western world arises.When was there ever a satanic crusade or when was the last time you even saw a satanist on the tv for blowing up an abortion clinic?

#2277 - 11/26/07 11:47 AM Re: Mayor Abducted by Satanists [Re: Fist]
Equilibrio Offline
pledge

Loc: Missouri
I remember the whole satanic panic thing vividly. I was enthralled by it in high school, and read books like "Michelle Remembers" and "The Satan Seller".

I know that such memes can cause a backlash against people who adopt a satanic aesthetic (ie; The West Memphis 3) but I also remember how stimulating Satanism was when it was "dangerous". The allure of a satanic aesthetic, whether blatantly over-the-top or alluded to in a more subtle manner was profoundly enhanced during the "burning times" of the 1980's.

Since then, aside from the black metal and goth scenes, the dominant aesthetic that most "visible Satanists" employ seems to stem more from the carnival (and much more benign?) aspects of LaVeyan Satanism rather than the diabolical. It's almost like watching a punk-rockabilly body-mod sideshow.

As for the mayor in question, even if his story WERE true he probably would have been better served to come up with a different and much more palatable story to explain things.

#2280 - 11/26/07 12:17 PM Re: Mayor Abducted by Satanists [Re: Equilibrio]
Bid Offline
stranger

Loc: Cardiff, UK
You'd think that, by now, with all these crimes and misdeeds allegedly taking place 'in the name of Satan', at least one policeperson or criminal investigator would have sat down and read the Satanic Bible, or even a web site on Satanism, and concluded that these people aren't really behaving Satanically, but simply criminally.

If a person were to murder a bunch of people, or rape a bunch of children, then tell the police they did it in the name of Jesus, would it be called a 'Christian killing', or 'Christian sexual abuse'? No, it would just be criminally psychopathic. They drop one hint about some influential, diabolical figurehead, theistic or not, and suddenly they are branded as 'Satanic killings' or 'Satanic sexual abuse'. People are pathetic.

#2283 - 11/26/07 12:48 PM Re: Mayor Abducted by Satanists [Re: Bid]
Meq Offline
Banned

I'm reminded of the comment by the British Conservative parliamentarian Anne Widdecombe when a Satanist in the Royal Navy successfully registered his religion with the ship's captain:

"I am utterly shocked by this. Satanism is wrong. Obviously the private beliefs of individuals anywhere including the armed forces are their own affair but I hope it doesn't spread," she said.

The tabloids referred to Chris Cranmer as a 'devil-worshipper', when he is in fact a LaVeyan Satanist.

Retards. \:D

P.S. Here is a Guardian article:
"All aboard with Satan's sailor"
http://www.guardian.co.uk/g2/story/0,,1337620,00.html

Edited by Mequa (11/26/07 12:57 PM)
Edit Reason: Guardian article

#2285 - 11/26/07 12:54 PM Re: Mayor Abducted by Satanists [Re: Bid]
Sinistar Offline

Loc: New York City
It's way too easy to give Satanism a bad rap. Good point though, not one person actually digs deeper into Satanism - no matter the type. I don't think abduction is covered in any ritual.

#2288 - 11/26/07 01:32 PM Re: Mayor Abducted by Satanists [Re: Meq]
Bid Offline
stranger

Originally Posted By: Mequa
I'm reminded of the comment by the British Conservative parliamentarian Anne Widdecombe when a Satanist in the Royal Navy successfully registered his religion with the ship's captain:

"I am utterly shocked by this. Satanism is wrong. Obviously the private beliefs of individuals anywhere including the armed forces are their own affair but I hope it doesn't spread," she said.

The tabloids referred to Chris Cranmer as a 'devil-worshipper', when he is in fact a LaVeyan Satanist.

Retards. \:D

P.S. Here is a Guardian article:
"All aboard with Satan's sailor"
http://www.guardian.co.uk/g2/story/0,,1337620,00.html

This is why I'm not particularly revealing about my private beliefs. I personally think that all beliefs should remain as private as possible. Are we not supposed to be living in a secular society? Since when are politicians qualified to be 'shocked' at a person's private beliefs?

The main burden of Satanism, I find, is simply its name. Satan is the adversary in the most widespread religion of the world, so most people would think that, by declaring yourself a Satanist, you declare yourself an enemy. If Satanism had a different, more secular-based name, it wouldn't have its established reputation. In my life, my Satanism is little more than Atheism, belief in Darwinism and existential/Nietzschean philosophy. The term Satanism just holds it all together like a fishnet.

In declaring my religion, I usually state 'Atheist', because 1) I'd be telling the truth, and 2) Atheism has a bad enough reputation itself, particularly in America, where I'm fortunate enough not to live (no offence to American posters... I just don't want to live there).

#2292 - 11/26/07 05:26 PM Re: Mayor Abducted by Satanists [Re: Bid]
jesusbeater Offline
pledge

of course it's your perogative to keep private information for your beliefs but, it is also the right of every free thinking person to declare their beliefs to the world if they choose to.They should feel free to do so with out the burden of persecution(in an ideal world).
I as a Satanist am not afraid to declare my beliefs as I don't care what others might think.(I live in a Catholic country)If they are too ignorant to fully comprehend what it is I truly am and what Satanism stands for, then their reaction means nothing to me.Satanism cannot become all it can be in terms of organisation or as a philosophical movement by members hiding in the shadows of society.If society does not accept us it shouldn't matter , for as Satanists we should never fear or pay heed to the actions of the heard.We are above them and should act as such.Therefore we should declare loudly that we are Satanists and we are a community that has nothing to hide and demand as much respect as Jews or Muslims or any other ideal.

#2300 - 11/26/07 07:59 PM Re: Mayor Abducted by Satanists [Re: jesusbeater]
Bid Offline
stranger

Originally Posted By: jesusbeater
of course it's your perogative to keep private information for your beliefs but, it is also the right of every free thinking person to declare their beliefs to the world if they choose to.They should feel free to do so with out the burden of persecution(in an ideal world).
I as a Satanist am not afraid to declare my beliefs as I don't care what others might think.(I live in a Catholic country)If they are too ignorant to fully comprehend what it is I truly am and what Satanism stands for, then their reaction means nothing to me.Satanism cannot become all it can be in terms of organisation or as a philosophical movement by members hiding in the shadows of society.If society does not accept us it shouldn't matter , for as Satanists we should never fear or pay heed to the actions of the heard.We are above them and should act as such.Therefore we should declare loudly that we are Satanists and we are a community that has nothing to hide and demand as much respect as Jews or Muslims or any other ideal.

I generally disagree with this. I think that in being a Satanist you have to accept that you are very different from (and somewhat superior to) the vast majority of the herd, and that blatant declarations of your antithetical beliefs will bring about more trouble than good. It is a Satanic skill to be able to blend in with the every day crowd, without lowering oneself to the level of one's peers, and simply and quietly succeed in one's own way.

If confrontation is something you enjoy, then by all means go ahead and declare loudly that you are a Satanist. You will be approached by many confused and probably angry individuals defensively questioning your beliefs, and the attention will be difficult to shake off. I personally see this as a burden rather than an appealing exercise of one's prerogative.

I don't, as a Satanist, feel it necessary to declare loudly that I am a Satanist in a philanthropic attempt at liberation of those with similar views. I refuse, so to speak, to take one for the team. That is humanism, which is, although similar to, clearly distinct from Satanism. I find terms such as obligation, necessity, philanthropy and even organisation to be somewhat incompatible with Satanism.

And to attempt at claiming publicly that Satanism is superior to Christianity and Islam is suicide. The Koran claims to be the final, and therefore authoritative, gospel of god, and Islam isn't exactly a popular religion, is it? Being a Satanist means being superior, but it doesn't necessitate convincing others of your superiority.

#2332 - 11/27/07 03:29 PM Re: Mayor Abducted by Satanists [Re: Bid]
jesusbeater Offline
pledge

I take your point of view and please don't take it that I was attacking your stance in any way.I thouraghly believe in each to his own.
However I am curious as to what way Wales is in terms of acceptance.The average Irish man probably knows more about America or England than its closer neighbour.Even though we used to get the Welsh channels beamed in(HTV and S4C, Pobylicom(forgive the probable crap spelling) I would know very little about how religion has influenced Welsh society.
Would declaring a Satanic stance on subjects make you a target for religious nutters or would people generally turn on you out of ignorance?
This would have been the way in Ireland about ten years ago.I was the brunt of rumors and accusations and seen as the local psychopath, even though I was never in any criminal trouble or burned any churches or even tried recruiting anyone.
Now a days people generally don't care as the majority of Irish have turned away from the church after years of their bullshit teachings and fucking up peoples lives.Unfortunately the herd have now turned away from religious intolerance and put all their focus into good old fashioned racism.
I know you like your privacy and if you would rather not discuss Wales, I understand.

#2337 - 11/27/07 04:32 PM Re: Mayor Abducted by Satanists [Re: Dev Samael Daval]
Succubus666 Offline

When all else fails, blame it on the devil. My first inclination is to wonder whether or not this man was living a double life as a homosexual and simply didn’t want his family or community to find out since he was a minister. That would explain his brief disappearances and bogus cover story and it certainly wouldn’t be anything new. Overall, if you watch the video of this man talking about his several disappearances and new identities it is clear even to the layman that he is a lying con artist unwilling to take responsibility for his own actions. At best he is an undiagnosed schizophrenic, at worst he’s just another pretentious asshole and pathological liar.
#2346 - 11/27/07 08:27 PM Re: Mayor Abducted by Satanists [Re: jesusbeater]
Bid Offline
stranger

Originally Posted By: jesusbeater
I take your point of view and please don't take it that I was attacking your stance in any way.I thouraghly believe in each to his own.
However I am curious as to what way Wales is in terms of acceptance.The average Irish man probably knows more about America or England than its closer neighbour.Even though we used to get the Welsh channels beamed in(HTV and S4C, Pobylicom(forgive the probable crap spelling) I would know very little about how religion has influenced Welsh society.
Would declaring a Satanic stance on subjects make you a target for religious nutters or would people generally turn on you out of ignorance?
This would have been the way in Ireland about ten years ago.I was the brunt of rumors and accusations and seen as the local psychopath, even though I was never in any criminal trouble or burned any churches or even tried recruiting anyone.
Now a days people generally don't care as the majority of Irish have turned away from the church after years of their bullshit teachings and fucking up peoples lives.Unfortunately the herd have now turned away from religious intolerance and put all their focus into good old fashioned racism.
I know you like your privacy and if you would rather not discuss Wales, I understand.

I did not take your post in a negative way at all, I just felt in disagreement about the idea of publicly declaring one's private beliefs.

I would feel delighted to discuss Wales a bit \:\)

In my experience, Wales is generally very liberal in its attitude towards individual people's religion and/or spirituality. You get the odd few bible bashers who take their beliefs (and, more contemptibly, themselves) too seriously, but these are a rarity. The fundamentalists here are more meek than mad. The majority of ministers and other holy men are more than happy to sit down and discuss spiritual issues with people of a different, or no, faith. Even churches and chapels are considered more as places of tranquility and peace than religious tools. It's perfectly normal for a christian priest to conduct an Atheist funeral in a church.

Anyway... I would feel perfectly safe publicly declaring myself a Satanist in Wales, without fear of violence or reproach. However, I still feel inclined not to share my beliefs for a couple of reasons. Firstly, there will always be a confused stigma attached to anything left-handed or deviant and, although I'm not the baby-killing goat-raper the label might lead people to believe, it is not my duty to ensure other people are lucid about the meaning of Satanism - that's their responsibility.

Secondly, some people might understand Satanism, but just not accept the idea of individualism and secularism as they ought to. A catholic employer might unfairly turn me down based on my 'beliefs', for example, even if claiming otherwise.

Another issue I have is that Satanism is, in an important sense, not a bona fide religion. I see a religion as a cult of god, that is, a group of people constructing and following dogmas based on their interpretation of god. Satanism, on the other hand, neither tries to interpret god, nor does it require some kind of organisation or system of dogmas. Satanism doesn't even have to be called Satanism. Indeed, a person could live their whole life Satanically, completely oblivious to the word 'Satanism'. It's an attitude integral to a person's psyche, not something that is learned then followed, as in the case of religion. My usual use of the word Satanism is introverted. I refer myself to myself as a Satanist, viz. when in doubt about anything, I need only remind myself of my Satanism, and the bundle of ideas I associate with Satanism flood my consciousness and satisfactorily determine my decisions. This last part may reflect the way in which a religious person might use their religion, but the important factor is that Satanism is more of a mental predisposition than a set of rules.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.027 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 26 queries. Zlib compression disabled.