Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#22251 - 03/19/09 10:20 AM Black Metal Suggestions
Morbid Rex Offline

I'm trying to broaden my horizons in this genre. Only thing is I'm real picky when it comes to Rock music and it's derivatives.

As far as Black Metal goes I'm a fan of Emperor, Weakling, and I used to listen to Gorgoroth a bit.

Satanism! The only scientifically proven religion.

#22532 - 03/25/09 01:30 PM Re: Black Metal Suggestions [Re: Morbid Rex]
Fenris Offline
lurker

Loc: Germany
I'd suggest Burzum. That brought me into BM.
Other then that you might want to take a look at Sterbend, Nyktalgia, Camulos, Satanic Waramster (if you have a problem with politics in music, you should stay away though), Satyricon, Darkthrone and Behexen. Most of them can be found on youtube.

#22538 - 03/25/09 04:29 PM Re: Black Metal Suggestions [Re: Morbid Rex]
Draculesti Offline
Impaler

Loc: Rockville, Maryland
There are already numerous places on this forum for a post such as this; there is the Music thread, for instance. It may not be as "cool" as starting your own new thread, but those are the rules of the forum. I myself have posted at great length on this subject, being both a fan and a musician.

A word of advice: there are black metal fans here, but they are very much in the minority. These types of threads have a tendency to RAPIDLY decline in quality intellectual response. In my opinion, black metal can offer much in the way of intelligent discussion. Unfortunately, most merely choose to post "I like this band, tehy r kewl." As both a fan and a musician, it pains me when this music is dismissed out of hand because of the above mentioned type of moronic display. In fact, the Music thread that I pointed you to started out very much in that way; just read the first post.

Do not be surprised if this thread becomes locked. I have many recommendations for you (and I agree with many supplied by Fenris), but I dare not post them here. Feel free to PM me in any event.

Homo Homini Lupus

#22597 - 03/26/09 07:43 PM Re: Black Metal Suggestions [Re: Draculesti]
BaronVonShankly Offline

Loc: London
Id suggest caina if you like your black metal avant garde. sort of like my bloody valentine and neurosis if they ever decided to play bm.

http://www.myspace.com/cainaband

id also recomend you try gnaw their tounges.

Edited by BaronVonShankly (03/26/09 07:44 PM)

#22631 - 03/27/09 12:14 PM Re: Black Metal Suggestions [Re: BaronVonShankly]
SickSatan666 Offline
lurker

I LISTEN TO BLACK METAL ALL THE TIME....
I RECOMEND YOU DARK FUNERAL, GORGOROTH, NARGAROTH, IMMORTAL, MAYHEM, SATYRICON, DIMMU BORGIR, CRADLE OF FILTH (OLD), MARDUK, THYRANE AND ABIGOR

GOOD LUCK

#22634 - 03/27/09 12:52 PM Re: Black Metal Suggestions [Re: SickSatan666]
Draculesti Offline
Impaler

Loc: Rockville, Maryland
And it begins...

What is this, your first post? Very promising, indeed...

This is exactly what I am talking about (nice touch, with the all caps, by the way). You have no elaboration whatsoever upon your recommendations, just a laundry list of bands.

Somebody lock or delete the fucking thing...please.

Edited by Draculesti (03/27/09 12:57 PM)
Edit Reason: Adding some smart-assery

Homo Homini Lupus

#22636 - 03/27/09 01:34 PM Re: Black Metal Suggestions [Re: Draculesti]
Bacchae Offline
Satan's White Trash Neighbor

Loc: los angeles
"and it begins"
hahahahaaaa awesome. you got it! thread locked.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.022 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 20 queries. Zlib compression disabled.