Page 2 of 7 <12345>Last »
Topic Options
#23245 - 04/12/09 03:07 PM Re: UK cop fired after being named on BNP member list [Re: Diavolo]
Jake999 Offline

Originally Posted By: Diavolo

We don't rant against god. We take a fucking gun and climb that fucking hill towards him and pop his fucking brain out. And even if the hill is high and our gun only a pellet gun, it should not stop us from attempting anyways. Submitting and enduring is not a part of our personalities.
D.

Bravery from a distance... good choice. Submission still, because the guy still must walk his dog, it still must crap on your sidewalk and you still must endure it, but you took the anonymous step to make the man a victim in the eyes of others, and his anonymous attacker a coward for his long distance assault.

Yes I know, I know. "I'll shoot him every day until he gets the idea." And you'll still make him a victim and yourself the anonymous coward.

Why not step to the end of your steps and confront the man straight on? "Sir, you have allowed your dog to defile my walkway on several occasions, and on more than one, it's been the cause of its crap to get on my shoes. I'm going to have to insist that you either clean up after your dog, or alternatively, walk it somewhere where its excrement will not be an issue."

"Yeah, so what are you going to do if I DON'T?"

"Well, first, I'm going to make a civil complaint for public nuisance. If that doesn't work, I will personally kick your ass each time you foul my walkway and don't clean it up. If that doesn't work, then you don't even want to contemplate my next actions."

At this point, the clod has three options. He can ignore, he can comply, or he can fight. You then have the responsibility to stand your ground and enforce your rights. It's a manly thing to do, probably a bit more satisfying than hiding on a hill and pretending to be some righteous vigilante.

#23261 - 04/12/09 05:08 PM Re: UK cop fired after being named on BNP member list [Re: Jake999]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

You didn't use your reading glasses Jake?

Maybe you should reread the first part where I talked about a multitude of options, then maybe consider the second part was metaphorically.

D.

#25381 - 06/05/09 12:21 PM Re: UK cop fired after being named on BNP member list [Re: Diavolo]
satipera Offline
stranger

Loc: Europe, Wiltshire
The BNP are just a group of racist thugs making the transition to being a racist political party. Those who suffer from group closure overload vote for them looking to punish people they have scapegoated; to answer for their own problems. Simplistic nonsense. The copper knew he was not allowed to join the BNP or a trade union, they were not allowed to join the Communist Party of Great Britain either when it existed. It is the same for the armed forces. He made the decisions now he has to accept the consequences.

Edited by satipera (06/05/09 12:37 PM)
Edit Reason: typo

#25596 - 06/13/09 01:13 AM Re: UK cop fired after being named on BNP member list [Re: satipera]
Meq Offline
Banned

Originally Posted By: satipera
The BNP are just a group of racist thugs making the transition to being a racist political party.

This is a common attitude in the UK.
Although the BNP won 2 seats in the European elections, I cannot see them becoming a major competitor to the main parties. PC (Political Correctness) currently rules.

They may have a role in shifting the populace' attitudes towards immigration, however.

The BNP leader Nick Griffin got pelted with eggs recently during a press conference.
I thought this thread would be the best place for this:

#25755 - 06/18/09 06:38 PM Re: UK cop fired after being named on BNP member list [Re: Meq]
TornadoCreator Offline

Loc: No Fixed Address
It doesn't matter what political party you support, in the UK, legally, you shouldn't be treated differently because of it in the workplace. It's entirely illegal to have fired that officer and I hate this. I can't stand the BNP policies, they're all fear and prejudice based but it shouldn't effect the job status of any member.

#26257 - 06/25/09 06:02 PM Re: UK cop fired after being named on BNP member list [Re: TornadoCreator]
Fist Moderator Offline
veteran member

Loc: B'mo Cautious MF
I have been asked about this thread a few times so I will offer some general comments:

1) Know your operational environment. The UK stopped being a free country many years ago. George Orwell was right. Nearly everything he predicted has come true in the UK. The cop was guilty of a Thought Crime and Big Brother acted accordingly.

2) The BNP is the last best hope for the UK. In a generation (that's 25 years kids!) the UK will be a Muslim country. Muslims are already seeking to exempt themselves from British Law and establish their own Sharia courts.

3) The BNP represents middle and working class whites (who built the nation) who are sick of watching their country being destroyed. And, they are tired of watching Britain's youth abandon their own culture in favor of the vastly inferior culture of the black ghetto. Sasha Baron Cohen's "Ali-G" is the illustration of this sort of cultural suicide.

4) It's called 'backlash' kids. The Left has driven the nation's of Europe so far in their direction that Europe can only Right. And of course, anyone who expresses any dissenting opinion is branded a 'racist' or 'right wing kook.' It is the old anti-intellectual Ad Hominem attack (as seen here: http://www.the600club.com/topic26094-1.html )

5) What is interesting to note, is that the 'egging' of a BNP member is seen as appropriate. When the rolls are reversed the media portrays the story as "Right Wing Skinheads savagely attack peaceful protesters." Again, the BNP are guilty of Thought Crimes and all such attacks are justified. And heavens forbid they defend themselves!

6) What do Anton Long, the ONA, Combat 18, and the BNP all have in common? Chew on that for a while....

7) Nationalist parties are on the rise throughout Europe. Anyone ever stop to think why?

#26259 - 06/25/09 06:23 PM Re: UK cop fired after being named on BNP member list [Re: Fist]
TornadoCreator Offline

Loc: No Fixed Address
The BNP are nothing but racist and hetrosexists. They would want to make anyone who isn't white, regardless of if they're British, no longer classed as citizens. They would make homosexuality illegal. They would make attending Christian church mandatory. This is the BNP for you, I've read their proposals. They get the "scared of immigration" vote because no-one checks their policies.

If you're in support of UK culture and ideals but not a racist, hetrosexist or fundie Christian you're better off voting UKIP. Hell, even conservative would be better than labour or liberal democrats when it comes to the Islam issue. Saying that conservatives would likely fuck up our NHS, Police and DHSS systems, and privatize out economy more, keep the rich rich and the poor poor.

#74437 - 01/14/13 09:57 AM Re: UK cop fired after being named on BNP member list [Re: TornadoCreator]
MuppetSlayer Offline
Meq - Banned
stranger

Loc: UK
Over 3 and a half years on, I thought I'd offer some thoughts about the status of the relevant politics in the UK today.

Put simply, the BNP is a dead force now. Nationalism is still alive and well in Continental Europe, but in the UK no longer has any political clout. UKIP has achieved more popularity in terms of a party with a similar stance on immigration, and are now vying for third place in the UK with the Liberal Democrats, whose popularity plummeted in their current coalition with the Conservative Party.

This coalition has proven an extremely unpopular government led by Conservative Prime Minister David Cameron, with Liberal Democrat Deputy Prime Minister Nick Clegg as second in command. Student tuition fees were trebled and austerity measures were ruthless. At this point, both parties are in serious trouble.

As for the outcome of the UK 2015 General Election, the result is almost certain now.
From a Convervative newspaper: It's two years away, but the 2015 election is already lost.

The UK is forecasted a major swing back to the Left, under a majority Labour government from 2015 featuring the highly left wing Ed Miliband as the next Prime Minister.

ón (slang) (UK)
An ignorant person who has no idea about anything.

#74447 - 01/14/13 11:54 AM Re: UK cop fired after being named on BNP member list [Re: MuppetSlayer]
Le Deluge Offline

Interesting. Lib-Dems + Tories is an odd coalition to begin with. Sounds like it is collapsing. From what I understand, the Lib-Dems had previously been positioned to the left of Labour.

Do you hear much about the Scottish Independence Referendum ? I caught that on the news. I'm not sure what effect it would have overall in Europe. I take it Scotland would be a separate EU member. If the referendum passes, would it effect the GBP? The Scottish National Party obtained a majority in the Scottish Parliament, so I would expect it to be a robust campaign. The vote will probably be close.

Edited by Le Deluge (01/14/13 12:25 PM)
Edit Reason: SNP

#74458 - 01/14/13 02:31 PM Re: UK cop fired after being named on BNP member list [Re: Le Deluge]
MuppetSlayer Offline
Meq - Banned
stranger

The Lib-Dems are further right than Labour, up to the centre by British standards. Nick Clegg made a mockery of himself by promising not to raise student tuition fees, before David Cameron overruled his policy and trebled fees to £9000/yr. That, and other blunders, destroyed both Clegg's and the Lib-Dem's credibility. They were accused of getting into bed with the Tories for a power grab, being a sell-out and lacking integrity in the coalition. Lib-Dems may even fall to 4th place after UKIP.

The Conservative Party, predominantly, has been implementing its centre-right policies in the UK over the last 2 and a half years. The essential voter base are now thoroughly pissed off by what they perceive as the excessively harsh austerity measures they have been enduring under mostly Tory rule. The UK, like America, is still predominantly a two-party system. So, given the quasi-democratic process offered, it looks like Labour will be next.

ón (slang) (UK)

#74459 - 01/14/13 03:08 PM Re: UK cop fired after being named on BNP member list [Re: MuppetSlayer]
Le Deluge Offline

Ah k. Thanks for the clarification. Do you have any hope for Labour improving matters? That does sound like a significant change regarding tuition. Here in the states, I suspect we're all getting tired of both parties (regardless of our own political philosophies). I hope things improve in the UK.

#74462 - 01/14/13 03:54 PM Re: UK cop fired after being named on BNP member list [Re: Le Deluge]
MuppetSlayer Offline
Meq - Banned
stranger

The UK is now just over halfway through the ConDems' rule. Although it still has a long way to go, it is now highly unlikely that the current government will be able to sway the outcome of the next election from the forecast. Most likely, the austerity measures will continue, however.

A friend of mine lost his job as a public sector IT worker right after the ConDems took power, immediately slashed public funding, and he was made redundant. There are many thousands of cases just like this. Many people with physical or mental disabilities found their support slashed, and tough new welfare regulations were introduced (including forced unpaid labour for anyone unable to work but judged capable of work-related activity). The radical welfare reforms were actually drawn up by the previous Labour government, but implemented with gusto by the Tories.

As for whether a Labour government will do much better. Sure, in the short term it could provide a band-aid to the more needy and vulnerable members of society by expanding public funding. The last Labour government, however, pissed away the national budget and let the country into a huge deficit. And both Labour and the Tories are the kind of slimy sleazeballs maintaining the status quo of a two-party system to suit them both.

The UK was hit very hard by the world financial crisis in 2008, which led to the worst national recession in recent history and the Pound Sterling dropping in value from US $2.0 to US $1.4. It has barely recovered since. Although international factors were at play, the UK weathered the storm pretty badly. The fiscal concerns, and concern over the national deficit, opened the way for the current Tory-led government to replace the last Labour one.
Wikipedia: United Kingdom general election, 2010

To me, it looks like it'll be the same back-and-forth bullshit over the next 50 years at least.

ón (slang) (UK)

#75795 - 04/07/13 02:35 AM Re: UK cop fired after being named on BNP member list [Re: dgarman]
334forwardspin Offline

Loc: Las Vegas,NV United States
I'm not sure how it would work in the case of a police officer. They might be allowed to fire you if your a member of an organization that advocates illegal activity since it's police, I'm not sure on that though.

Either way though, your right. They would just find another reason, something that they could fire you for, or make one up.

If it's being turned down for a job, it's extremely easy for them to get around discrimination. They can easily come up with a reason why they didn't hire you. With firing somebody, it's harder however if a boss really wants to fire you, they can usually find a reason.

#75797 - 04/07/13 03:20 AM Re: UK cop fired after being named on BNP member list [Re: 334forwardspin]
evilboy666 Offline
pledge

Loc: Texas
This is the same kind of crap that goes on in the US. I taught the public schools of Texas for ten years. Twice I heard of a teacher being fired because it was found out they belong to satanic organizations.
#75798 - 04/07/13 05:13 AM Re: UK cop fired after being named on BNP member list [Re: evilboy666]
334forwardspin Offline

Loc: Las Vegas,NV United States
Really, that's pretty fucked up stuff. What organizations did they belong to?

It does go on though, can't say I'm surprised especially in the bible belt area.

I hear employers even check social networking pages when hiring people. It's bad enough that they'd fire a Satanist from a job teaching, but sometimes they do that even for an entry level job. Why the hell would anyone even care about that, what do they think, that people care who if a Satanist is at the register, lol.

Thankfully, certain jobs care less about that than others.

Page 2 of 7 <12345>Last »

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.022 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.