Page 1 of 2 12>
Topic Options
#22493 - 03/25/09 12:24 AM Jesus Camp.
blsk Offline

Loc: salem or
I apologize if this has been covered, but I didn't find it in the search. I posted this here because I could not find the embed code.

This is a deeply disturbing video on...well, complete nutjobs. I think they are evangelists, but that's just from memmory. Mind you, these are the people running this country.

In my opinion this should be illegal. This has to fall under child abuse. This kind of indoctrination is just downright wrong. IF religion should have the freedom to be practiced, it should be strictly limited to the individual. Forcing your child to practice with the threat of hellfire or whatever, should not be legal or tolerated. Anyways, the video speaks for itself. Here's to the prince of peace!

http://www.atheistnation.net/video/?video/00118/atheist/jesus-camp/

#23151 - 04/10/09 06:49 AM Re: Jesus Camp. [Re: blsk]
coelentrate Offline

Loc: Dundee, Scotland
One of the main characters, the kid with the rat-tail, kept rocking himself back and forth. Almost constantly. That's a sign of insanity.
#23657 - 04/22/09 05:24 AM Re: Jesus Camp. [Re: coelentrate]
miriam Offline
pledge

Loc: Seattle, WA
i completely agree, jesus camp is abusing children. i watched it this summer with a group of people i didn't know well. one, a devout christian, was even disturbed. he subsequently became an Atheist months later. while the movie may have had nothing to do with his epiphany, maybe it made him realize how absurd christianity is.

#23729 - 04/23/09 09:09 PM Re: Jesus Camp. [Re: miriam]
theblacksheep696 Offline
stranger

Loc: scotland
i just finished watching the video and i cant belive what i just saw,that was brain washing at its very best,how can they even be allowed to do that to kids at a impressionable age,it is definatly child abuse.
they talk about having a goverment with there beliefs,im happy that it will never happen as i think if it did they would run everyone that opposes there belief system out of town.
i hope one day those kids wake up to the truth.

#23753 - 04/24/09 09:13 AM Re: Jesus Camp. [Re: theblacksheep696]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

Originally Posted By: theblacksheep696
i just finished watching the video and i cant belive what i just saw,that was brain washing at its very best,how can they even be allowed to do that to kids at a impressionable age,it is definatly child abuse.
they talk about having a goverment with there beliefs,im happy that it will never happen as i think if it did they would run everyone that opposes there belief system out of town.
i hope one day those kids wake up to the truth.

Remember the 1st amendment...

May I ask you.. what is the truth? Have you ever seen it? Are you sure it even exists? It's better to say that you hope one day they'll see the corrupt doctrines they once learned.

#23768 - 04/24/09 05:36 PM Re: Jesus Camp. [Re: Dimitri]
theblacksheep696 Offline
stranger

Loc: scotland
To be honest im not that knowledgable on the amendments being scottish,what is the 1st amendment?yeah i can see your point,the only truth i know is that god dosen't exist.
#23769 - 04/24/09 06:01 PM Re: Jesus Camp. [Re: theblacksheep696]
Jake999 Offline

Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

#23771 - 04/24/09 08:18 PM Re: Jesus Camp. [Re: coelentrate]
Meq Offline
Banned

Originally Posted By: coelentrate
One of the main characters, the kid with the rat-tail, kept rocking himself back and forth. Almost constantly. That's a sign of insanity.

That kid's hair was pretty long. Gee, what does the Bible say?

1 Corinthians 11:14 (King James Version): "Doth not even nature itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him?"

Ah well, we're all sinners I guess \:D

#23772 - 04/24/09 10:07 PM Re: Jesus Camp. [Re: Meq]
Nemesis Offline

Loc: US
But if it's a mullet, he's only half-sinning. Rattails are just juvie mullets. "Business in the front, party in the back" applies to those as well.

#23773 - 04/25/09 12:15 AM Re: Jesus Camp. [Re: Nemesis]
blsk Offline

Loc: salem or
(Remember the 1st amendment...)

-I'm sorry Dim, but I have to disagree. Just because it is an amendment and this is America doesn't make it right. You have EVERY right to believe in whatever "god" you want. You can ask it for help, you can ask it for safety, prosperity, riches, humility, whatever you want. Just the same as you can rub a bald head, keep a rabbits foot on your keys, a four-leafed clover or whatever. The moment that "god" starts talking back, you are a schizophrenic. Science has determined this as such. If you choose to disagree, you are obligated with providing proof(even if that proof be striking me with lightning)that there is more to the case. If your religion demands that you brainwash children(with the idea that free thought equals eternity in hell), suicide-bomb tourists, blow up buses or fly planes into buildings, then it does NOT deserve the equal rights as other ideals that do not demand unnecessary taking of the lives of our loved ones.

It is the filthy idea of equal rights that has allowed religion to infect the world as far as it has.

(This is not a specific attack on Dim, but any who support religious freedom.

#23776 - 04/25/09 03:53 AM Re: Jesus Camp. [Re: blsk]
daevid777 Offline

Loc: Hell's Pisshole, Texas
Right with you there, Blsk...

I rented Jesus Camp a while back... and it scared the shit out of me.

These children are the future? Warriors for Christ?!?

Jesus! "Yes?"

Fuck, did anyone else hear that?

That kid with the rat tail scares me most of all...

#23777 - 04/25/09 05:16 AM Re: Jesus Camp. [Re: blsk]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

Well I actually meant that no religion should make up the laws of a state.
I have nothing against freedom of any religion. As long as they keep their things with them and don't start sueing people to convert...

In your response I noticed you used extremist actions to define religious thoughts. (I.e the part with suicide bombing, crashing airplanes into buildings..). Can I ask you to stop and think about it first? Those are EXTREMIST ACTIONS, these totally differ from the average religionist and normal humane (important word here) teachings.

Quote:

It is the filthy idea of equal rights that has allowed religion to infect the world as far as it has.

It's not a filthy idea,.. the outcome has been wrong. The problem is not solved by destroying/erasing the right. The problem is solved if you do something against the immoral practices of a religion.

Edited by Dimitri (04/25/09 05:20 AM)

#23778 - 04/25/09 05:27 AM Re: Jesus Camp. [Re: Dimitri]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

The problem with religion as I see it is that it is a memeplex and in that, affects many people subjected to it. One could say that certain religions are harmless but about all contain the required elements to make them potential disasters. I will not exclude philosophies from this.

And it is not as much religion that creates the havoc seen, as it is the will to power behind it. While we think of terrorism as religious acts, I do think we should look more at it as political acts. They use religion as a tool and suckers as a weapon. If religion was the true motivator, I do think we'd see more preachers blow themselves to bits, strangely enough they do avoid collecting the reward predicted to others. It's a matter of WTP by proxy; all you need is vulnerable people manipulated to fit your strategy.

At some levels, it all is of a breathtaking beauty.

D.

Edited by Diavolo (04/25/09 05:29 AM)

#23790 - 04/25/09 05:29 PM Re: Jesus Camp. [Re: Diavolo]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

I searched (and found) an article I read a couple ago upon it. It's a long but interesting -for those digging such stuff- and it touches upon the problems of religion, multiculturalism and liberalism and how much of what we see is nothing but an effect of causes at other levels.

Culture & Barbarism; Metaphysics in a Time of Terrorism

D.

#23791 - 04/26/09 04:43 AM Re: Jesus Camp. [Re: Diavolo]
Bacchae Offline
Satan's White Trash Neighbor

Loc: los angeles
excellent article, and I quote:

"That problem encompasses a contradictory fact: the more capitalism flourishes on a global scale, the more multiculturalism threatens to loosen the hold of the nation-state over its subjects. Culture, after all, is what helps power grow roots, interweaving it with our lived experience and thus tightening its grip on us. A power which has to sink roots in many diverse cultures simultaneously is at a signal disadvantage."

and also:

"Civilization is precious but fragile; culture is raw but potent. Civilizations kill to protect their material interests, whereas cultures kill to defend their identity."

"Religion falls on both sides of this fence simultaneously, which is part of its formidable power. As civilization, religion is doctrine, institution, authority, metaphysical speculation, transcendent truth, choirs, and cathedrals. As culture, it is myth, ritual, savage irrationalism, spontaneous feeling, and the dark gods."

Page 1 of 2 12>

Moderator:  TV is God, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Woland, fakepropht, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.023 seconds of which 0.004 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.