Page 1 of 2 12>
Topic Options
#22506 - 03/25/09 03:43 AM Perhaphs this is my Madness...
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

Loc: New York City
I am putting the following here because I didn't want to put it in the private section because I thought I needed a bigger view. Maybe one just a bit different, agree with me, disagree with me. I think I'm just tired and looking for something more.

Then again, who the fuck knows, its me after all....

Morgan

---------------------------------------------------

My Madness

What brought us together? What qualities or ideals were we searching for? What kind of "brotherhood" were we looking for?

One we could be proud of, one where we could hold our head up high. One where we knew who we were, where loyality, courage, honor, and a sense of truth was shared.

The truth of our inner self, outer self, and the world around us. A truth that made us more capable of being true to ourselves.

A truth that made us better than we were, a truth that gave us something to believe in. A truth that was harsh and unkind, but one that promised inner peace thru striving for more.

The truth gives you courage, and that courage allows you to see the best in others, but sometimes not yourself. The truth allows you to dream of more.

That Dream allows you to give your loyality to those who have proved themselves along the pathway of that dream.

We are "Brothers" in arms, in strength, in courage, in a dream.

A simple dream of truth that most of the world is too blind to see.

We are truely living in the Dark Ages of humanity, and we are as it seems the Light Bringers this time.

Morgan

#22514 - 03/25/09 06:55 AM Re: Perhaphs this is my Madness... [Re: Morgan]
Satansfarm Offline

Loc: america
It is perfectly natural to want to find others who are on a similar path. I can safely say that there is nothing in my life that has so profoundly affected me than the works of Anton LaVey.
I have many, many interests. I have studied many other belief systems. But when it comes to the nitty gritty and I want some real answers, I turn to Herr Doktorr. Oh, I have been criticized and ridiculed for my Satanism. I really let the cat out of the bag, so to speak, and in the worst places. My neighborhood is filled to the brim with gossips and attention junkies. Gee wiz, I thought, this is San Francisco. Shouldn't people have more respect for something that originated in their home town? I was to soon find out that people are fucked up no matter where you go.

Previously, I had always kept it a secret, not even my closest friends nor family had a clue. I have to admit, meeting other Satanists or LHP people is not always that great. It can be rather disappointing, or even confrontational. I meet some people online who are rather nifty.

All I can say at this point is,

GIVE ME A SATANIC FUNERAL

#22529 - 03/25/09 12:26 PM Re: Perhaphs this is my Madness... [Re: Morgan]
MaggotFaceMoe Offline

Loc: Finland
I see reality as the biggest truth, and the more I experience the reality the more I lose of my inner peace. And the truth that there is to be learned in reality hasn't left me wanting for more. Sure there are bits and pieces that I still find exciting, but on the larger scale I don't find life very encouraging. To me it seems to just be revealing how much more darkness there is to be seen.
From which comes to mind this Finnish movie I just saw. The story takes place a few hundred years ago. The main character explains to a woman what the things on his nose were (eye glasses), telling that they help him see and that they bend light. The woman commented that there is nothing that can bend darkness, darkness bends you.
A bit loose thought I admit, my mind derailed. I'll leave this at that until I can again write something coherent \:\)

#22530 - 03/25/09 12:33 PM Re: Perhaphs this is my Madness... [Re: MaggotFaceMoe]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

Quote:
I see reality as the biggest truth, and the more I experience the reality the more I lose of my inner peace. And the truth that there is to be learned in reality hasn't left me wanting for more.

Depends on how you see reality IMO.
Some see reality as "the sum of all possible perceptions humans make, together with the actions they are undertaking and their influence on others".
Others see reality as "what is being perceived".
Both ways are quite valid since they are a part of "reality".
Only difference lies within ones own opinion about what reality actually is.

IMO reality is both opinions since what I perceive is the sum of all actions and perceptions which influence my environnement. This results that everything I see around me is reality and the longer I live and perceive, the better my views are becoming.

Edited by Dimitri (03/25/09 12:41 PM)

#22539 - 03/25/09 04:31 PM Re: Perhaphs this is my Madness... [Re: Morgan]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

This is Kali Yuga, no doubt.

One of the main problems why brotherhood seems or feels lost, or at best, incredible hard to find, is due to decades of cutting humanity down to the atomic scale of individuality. As individuals we are all alike and unavoidably, all meaningless. It's the ultimate Leftist purpose.
Individuality should be avoided and one should turn again to personhood because not only does it bring us out of this egalitarian mess, it also brings us in touch again with value, and following from that, honor, again leading to purpose, ideals, change.

We don't like people because they are individuals, we like them because they are persons, because we share certain values with them or because they are honorable, noble if you like. Without this nobility -which should not be confused with romantic Hollywoodian concepts- there can be no true merit. And without this merit, sparks fade instead of igniting a fire.
If one wants to bring light, one should rediscover it in oneself first.

D.

#22544 - 03/25/09 07:02 PM Re: Perhaphs this is my Madness... [Re: Diavolo]
Satansfarm Offline

Once again, my writing has been turned down by yet another publisher. I am too baroque, too extreme. As I sat in my room muttering and stewing, it suddenly dawned on me that I could never appeal to the "vanilla people". The sterile, lifeless cardboard cookie cutout people, the ones who I generally despise. They are sheep, going through their lives in a blissy, smiley faced sanitized and decaffeinated world. To me, their art, poetry and music is boring. They are politically correct, so careful not to offend anyone. They make no stand, make no enemies.
I look in gallery after gallery full of impressionists. They copy Chagall, Monet, Manet, etc, ad nauseum. None of them can draw well. If I see another farm and barn scene I am going to retch.
My dark side has been waiting for me to embrace it fully. I am going there and not looking back. I have wasted too much time trying to "fit in" with people I have absolutely nothing in common with.

#22552 - 03/25/09 11:23 PM Re: Perhaphs this is my Madness... [Re: Satansfarm]
Jake999 Offline

Satansfarm:

Try http://www.loompanics.com

They've always specialized in the more unusual, esoteric and out of the box writers and artists.

Jake

#22564 - 03/26/09 08:28 AM Re: Perhaphs this is my Madness... [Re: Jake999]
MaggotFaceMoe Offline

Loc: Finland
True, my reality is colored by my biased perception. The way I see the shit happening around me may differ quite a lot from anyone else's opinion. And does. Many times I have discussed these matters with my fiance and although we are usually on the same wave length, she sometimes can't understand my view on things. I hear my views focus too much on the negative and miss the positive aspects.
It might be true to some extenct, but then again it makes me wonder whether it is me who sees negative when it isn't there or others not being able to see the negative, being too busy bathing in the light. I'm not in any way saying that my opinion is flawless, but I refuse to accept that my perception is false either. There are two sides to everything, I see more of the other and others might be seeing the other. In my case though it has actually become some what of a problem that I probably should try to overcome. For at times my only option is isolation, as if wearing a blindfold. A bit weak, I know. It just sometimes seems to be the only way to function properly in public and home alike.

Ah, time is not on my side it seems. Got to get back to work again. Until next time...

#22565 - 03/26/09 09:04 AM Re: Perhaphs this is my Madness... [Re: MaggotFaceMoe]
Satansfarm Offline

Life seems to be a constant flow of circumstances, what we call good and bad or dark and light. Only a fool would think that he/she/it could control the world to such an extent as to exclude
one for the other. Would it not be better to deal with ANY situation? I prefer an inclusive rather than exclusive philosophy.
For example, I will take just about anybody's money. (I would refrain accepting bills tainted with purple dye). To me, those who cannot embrace both sides of the coin are rather shallow and unrealistic.
By the way, thanx for the tip, Jake999. I will look into it. Even if they don;t accept my work, it looks like I may procure something interesting from them.

#22580 - 03/26/09 12:03 PM Re: Perhaphs this is my Madness... [Re: Morgan]
97and107 Offline

Loc: New Mexico
Ra Hoor Khut, in the book of the law says "as brothers, fight ye", it's one of the most annoying quotes but has a grain of truth

have you ever seen two brothers fighting? xst...talk about scary

have you ever seen two Satanists fighting? holy hell...there's nothing like it

but we're bound together by love...isn't that it?

most of all a love for life. it's something other religions lack. and trust me, it is a religious belief...we're just less proud of it...ready to drop our beliefs to serve ourselves and so forth. this is celebrated of course...

but essentially the Satanist shares with others a love of life, all of this pleasure around us in the world...why wait until heaven to get at it? especially since heaven doesn't exist except in the mind. Humans are sexual, vibrant creatures who instill vigor into each other by social interaction - brotherhood? children under the stars...sure. There's not a lot of love in the world and I think that must be because we're too busy expecting it from god (as a species I say, not us Satanists - obviously we've lifted the blinders to our own minds)

essentially a satanist is also happy being completely and utterly alone...

#22584 - 03/26/09 03:04 PM Re: Perhaphs this is my Madness... [Re: Satansfarm]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

The problem with publishers is that they tend to publish what brings profit. In the past it used to be different but nowadays, what sells is hot, the rest is not. That's why down here I see books by temporary celebrities filled with plain worthless shit which would have ended into a garbage can if their name wasn't popular right now. With art it is about the same, most expositions I visit make me frown or just plain wonder if someone ever noticed the dude couldn't draw academic if his life depended upon it. Not that I look down upon other art but I'm pretty tired of people going abstract because the rest is just too damn hard. It seems that skills are not really a requirement nowadays, we're all perfect as we are.

So if you're not hot, or tapping into some network that backs you up, or mass-focused, you are pretty much fucked these days. You have to be very lucky to find someone willing to invest in you or you have to do it yourself. In that case, you'll lack the promotion but when you're not directing your creations at the mass, it doesn't really matter you're not promoting towards them.

I'd say that everything good finds its way out there in time but I fear that's a romantic illusion. I don't wanna know how many basements are filled with mind blowing art, or book racks filled with unpublished writing that will never be known. Of course there is always the Internet but even that is flooded by such an amount of crap it becomes close to impossible to stand out long enough to be detected.

D.

#22603 - 03/26/09 09:52 PM Re: Perhaphs this is my Madness... [Re: Diavolo]
Satansfarm Offline

I have avoided the mainstream with my artistic endeavors. I am not a big media star. Over the years I have been able to find people who enjoy what I do enough to compensate me. Perhaps I can sell a painting for 500 dollars, or play some music at a local bar and get 50 bucks. When some guy sells a pickled shark for 200 million dollars, I assume it is some kind of money laundering scheme. Otherwise, I don't care. This is my own little world and I do not measure it by the success or failures of other people. Big fame can be awful. You are owned by someone else. Your time is not your own. Me? I wake up when I want. If I desire company, I can see people, if not, I close the door. No one tells me what to eat or think. So, I think I am doing rather well. The glitz and glamour of big time show biz isn't all what it seems.
#22695 - 03/30/09 10:30 AM the attitudes that fuck us over [Re: Satansfarm]
97and107 Offline

I'm a little worried about staying on board with the whole me, myself and I thing...it's very Satanic and a hell of a thorn in the side when it comes to any kind of collaboration - Satanists suffer from failure of collaborative efforts more than any other group. (I feel that way anyhow.)

We're so powerful yet unable or unwilling to yoke that power under anything that reaks of sheep...yet somehow I must admit we're throwing out some good advice and modes of operation.

I am willing to be famous. I am open to the idea of mass marketing. I've cultivated a fascination with tantra and one of the things it teaches you first is to be open to the idea of change, flow freely with what is laid before you and not hesitate. Leading the way is almost like tight rope walking - here is where Satanism shines...ignoring the sheep, ignoring their pleading, not wanting anything, just moving forward to the next beastly work as the course winds is much more effortless.

Damien Hirst is a mad genius. He is worth nothing m ore than the thoughts he evokes in the minds of those stuck in the dirt. For that, I appreciate his works of beauty. If he were not famous they would be quite strange. I did not like him at first, but in the past year my mind has grown less easy to judge those who do not share my vision and who buy into fame and fortune. That fame and fortune is evidence of bringing about change in the minds of the general populace. We need all the dark weirdos we can keep alive. We tend to off ourselves at the slightest problem.

"Prosperity consciousness" is an idea I can relate to. It works and it's very good. Sometimes all we need is a little change of perspective to open up the doors for our world to expand.

hey a random reply but it came to mind so I thought I'd share it...

:>

#22703 - 03/30/09 01:47 PM Re: the attitudes that fuck us over [Re: 97and107]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

Quote:
Satanists suffer from failure of collaborative efforts more than any other group. (I feel that way anyhow.)

Satanists being uncollaborative?
First thing I hear of it.. IMO we are quite collaborative.
Satanists are willingly to advance within their own life with all tools they have at hands. They use their social and psychological knowledge on the persons/sheep surrounding them.
They collaborate on projects in which they gain some rewards.

Even now we are collaborating in some way or another. Sharing information or opposing arguments/perspectives/views can be seen as collaborating. Why? Because it is an exchange of information which you can pick up and think/do with it what you want.

Quote:
We're so powerful yet unable or unwilling to yoke that power under anything that reaks of sheep...yet somehow I must admit we're throwing out some good advice and modes of operation

If that's so, what are we doing here? Can the idea of a group of Satanists joining a forum or some online "meeting place" be considered the same as Christian sheeps going to a church or to some sort of christian based forum?

Edited by Dimitri (03/30/09 01:48 PM)

#22718 - 03/31/09 01:56 PM Re: the attitudes that fuck us over [Re: Dimitri]
97and107 Offline

There's a zillion religious forums out there - collaboration of conversation is hardly gathering together to build the next space shuttle...socializing in this context is merely human.

In my experience, collaborative efforts with Satanists have fallen through - those with other backgrounds (i.e. business school, administration, teachers) have proven less problematic.

So it would seem to me that Satanists are not actually living up to their fullest potential - let alone their philosophy!

I think we are too proud...the demon of the great.

Page 1 of 2 12>

Moderator:  TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.03 seconds of which 0.003 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.