Page 3 of 3 <123
Topic Options
#32117 - 11/22/09 07:14 PM Re: Is Jesus Christ the Devil's name? [Re: Meq]
Babylonian Dream Offline
stranger

Loc: Upstate New York
Jesus is Simon Bar Kovba (don't know if that's how you spell it) mixed in with mythological gods like horus and given the birthstory of Cyrus of Persia complete with the zoroastrian magi.

Though what we have that is from Josephus has been hampered with too much, it can be of use in the same way the Histories of Herodotus are. No classical historian was 100% accurate, nor were their works even just 80% nondistorted. There are so many errors, and on top of that many are 3rd hand sources writing about stuff from before they were born, adding in long lost details only those historians remembered.

#32125 - 11/22/09 11:23 PM Re: Is Jesus Christ the Devil's name? [Re: Babylonian Dream]
Octavius Offline

Loc: Left the party
While Jesus' existence is questionable, he was most certainly NOT the Simon you speak of. The Simon-as-Jesus theory is based off the alleged writings on an ancient stone called Gabriel's Tablet which has been disproved by most reputable theologians, anthropologists, archeologists, and scientists. In fact, the unknown author of the tablet blatantly states in the text that the entire story is a "vision" he had. Professor Israel Knohl of the University of Jerusalem has been on a personal crusade for almost 10 years to prove that Simon was the prophesied messiah, but examination and testing of the tablet has not been able to affirm any of Knohl's claims. Several lines of the tablet are missing large portions of text. It's bull-hooey.

Abrahamic mythology is exactly that; mythology. There are no absolutes, only fallible faith.

#32161 - 11/23/09 07:14 PM Re: Is Jesus Christ the Devil's name? [Re: Octavius]
Babylonian Dream Offline
stranger

Loc: Upstate New York
Not only that, there were enough messiahs at the time. there was John the Baptist (yeah the mandeans still see him, not jesus, as the messiah), Simon Bar Khokba (however you spell son of the star's name) and others. The irony is, the only undocumented messiah seems to be Jesus. I doubt he was crucified if he did exist because he was a nobody. and the romans didn't crucify 3 people alone if there wasn't a good enough a reason to waste the time and not ship them to the cesarea colleseum instead with the rest.

There are so many wholes in the whole story of Jesus that it almost looks like its made of swiss cheese.

Edited by Babylonian Dream (11/23/09 07:15 PM)

#32192 - 11/24/09 01:29 AM Re: Is Jesus Christ the Devil's name? [Re: godganesa]
TheCusp Offline
Douchebag
stranger

Whether the dude actually existed or not, I think I could make a case for the "power of christ" as an archetype.

There is a lot of randomness in dreams, and the key to achieving reliable control over your dreams when in a lucid state is to use stable well defined archetypes. JC as an archetype, is incredibly stable and well defined, with few variations aside from the raptor riding variety.

Listening to Coast to Coast AM, you often hear of people who, when faced with a freaky situation invoke the name of Jesus out of sheer desperation even though they don't believe at all. And it works. I think there was an entire show dedicated to that topic.

The majority of those cases are alien abduction and demon type shit, even reportedly works against shadow people. The fact that the JC archetype always works so reliably even when faith isn't present leads me to believe that most of those instances occurred in some sort of dream state.

But even as a Satanist, you have to respect the potential influence the JC archetype has for control of your surroundings. Drop the J-bomb a few times around the right people and you can have them eating out of the palm of your hand.

And speaking of coast, if anyone is familiar with it, I think the frequent caller JC is actually Weird All Yankovic. The character's voices progresses over time like most cartoon characters do. Just find a weird all interview online and compare them.

Page 3 of 3 <123

Moderator:  SkaffenAmtiskaw, fakepropht, TV is God, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.021 seconds of which 0.003 seconds were spent on 17 queries. Zlib compression disabled.